Audio interview(s) Paul Craig Roberts on US Economy & 9/

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Audio interview(s) Paul Craig Roberts on US Economy & 9/

Postby BannedfromDU » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:42 pm

Shocking audio interview(s) Dr. Paul Craig Roberts Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy, one of the leaders of the Reagan economic policy team.<br><br><br><br>The following is an excerpt from a podcast interview between George Kenny of www.electricpolitics.com and Dr. Paul Craig Roberts. This interview took place on February 7, 2006. The hour and twenty-five minute MP3 podcast can be downloaded from this link: <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.electricpolitics.com/media/mp3/EP2006.02.07.mp3">www.electricpolitics.com/....02.07.mp3</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br>The full interview covers many subjects, including an analysis of US domestic, foreign, and economic policy.<br><br>George Kenny is a graduated from the University of Chicago (MA in Economics) from which, following family tradition, he joined the foreign service. He was a tenured, mid-level career officer, serving as Yugoslav desk officer at the State Department headquarters in DC, when he resigned his commission in 1991 over US policy towards the Yugoslav conflict. Subsequently for a few years he was a consultant in residence at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. He is now a journalist and author.<br><br>Dr. Paul Craig Roberts is the Chairman of the Institute for Political Economy and a Fellow at the Independent Institute. He has been a research Fellow at the Hoover Institution, a Conservative think tank associated with Stanford University; a Distinguished Fellow at the Kato Institute; and he held the William E. Simon Chair of Political Economy at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. From 1981 to 1982 he was the Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy, one of the leaders of the Reagan economic policy team.<br><br>Please note that this except was transcribed by myself and any errors are strictly my own.<br> <br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>This excerpt begins around 36.52 minutes into the pod-cast.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>QUOTE<br><br>Paul Craig Roberts: Prior to 9/11, it looked like Bush was going to be wiped out by the Democrats. He was in a very weak position. A lot of people thought that they'd stolen the election. He was elected by one Supreme Court vote. The Democrats line was he was an illegitimate president and it looked like he was going nowhere.<br><br>9/11 rescued him.<br><br>George Kenny: Right.<br><br>PCR: Carl Rove knew that. Instantly. He said, 'Ah-ha, this is  the shield. They can't be against the guy who is protecting them from the terrorists who blew up the world trade center and attacked the Pentagon. So they have used this kind of fear and hysteria. This is Bush's shield. As long as he's got that he gets away with whatever he wants. He tells Congress I don't have to obey your laws, I'm not accountable to your over-sight. I don't have to obey the Constitution. And nobody does anything about it and it is all because of the interpretation placed on 9/11.<br><br>PK: Well, that gets us into some rather dark and murky waters but I was surprised, very surprised to be honest, when I was talking with Ray McGovern and he started to go on about all the anomalies in 9/11 and how the standard story didn't make sense. At the time, I wasn't sure I wanted to talk about all that, so I steered the conversation elsewhere, but just to make a note of it.<br><br>PCR: There are a lot of really smart people with sterling credentials who have noticed that there are difficult problems with the 9/11 story and that the standard explanation can't account for. Just yesterday in the Miami Herald there was a column, "9/11 Attacks; Avoiding the Hard Questions." So this kind of thinking is sort of percolating slowly into the main-stream.<br><br>PK: Just as a personnel thing, right after the events I went down across from the Pentagon, there is sort of a raised hill, I don't know, maybe 40 feet above the highway there and people were going, still angry, and looking at the building and everything and uh, so I drove down and took a look and I must say that I find it very difficult to imagine -- and I'm not an expert on aircraft  accidents but I do have some experience with observing things and just looking at that it did not look to me like a major airliner went into that building. So...<br><br>PCR: Yeah, I suppose you know about these 9/11 Scholars...<br>[<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.scholarsfor911truth.org/">www.scholarsfor911truth.org/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END-->]<br><br>PK: Yes.<br><br>PCR:...who have physicists, even includes a German Defense Minister, and the head of the German Secret Service. It's a wide variety of people with impressive credentials and they say the 9/11 Commission Report is a fraud. Now I have not really, I've been worrying about jobs and foreign policy and I haven't really looked at it very closely but I did go to Georgia Tech and I did learn some physics and I know enough physics to know that it is strictly impossible for buildings to collapse into their own footprints at free fall speed except under controlled demolition. Those buildings did not come down the way the 9/11 Report says. It is strictly impossible. In fact, the account in the 9/11 Report is a total contradiction to the laws of physics. [My emphasis.]  <br><br>PK: You know, now, recently, without going into a lot of detail about this, I'm not an expert on it either, but I did notice that New York City, I guess after some legal wrangling, finally released late last year the oral history statements by a number of people who had been working in the towers and it is fascinating because there were people who were, there were people on the chemical engineering staff who were in the lower levels and before the buildings had fallen they reported seeing explosions and five ton doors that had been wrinkled like tissue paper and various kinds of machine tools that had been vaporized, and so there was some kind of explosion down there before the buildings fell. <br><br>PCR: Yeah. The oral histories. I've seen some reports on that and read some of them and they all say they heard a series of explosions floor by floor. That's controlled demolition...<br><br>PK: So we have to...<br><br>PCR:...there is no other way to explain it. You see most people need to know, they think the only buildings that fell ware the two towers. <br><br>PK: Right. But you have building 7.<br><br>PCR: Building 7 was hit by nothing and the same thing happened. <br><br>PK: It's the first time ever that a building sort of on its own collapsed due to fire. A steel structured building collapsing. You'd think that the engineering profession would want to know why. <br><br>PCR: You know, they'll talk. Some of them will tell you privately but if they say it publicly they loose clients for their firms because everybody gets mad, [mocking anger] 'You're against the government, you're against the country, you're a traitor, you don't believe Bush...' This is what happens, so they don't say anything.<br><br>The physicists at the university, very few of them can say anything because they all live on government grants. <br><br>PK: Right.<br><br>PCR: People don't understand how hard it is in America to speak the truth. Its almost impossible.<br><br>PK: That's right. Yeah.<br><br>PCR: Everywhere you go. You see, I'm not allowed to even write about it by my editors. So that is one reason I don't know much about it. I tried to find out something once and I pointed out some of the really major holes in the story and they just said, 'Don't write about it. You're not allowed to write about it. You'll ruin your credibility. Everybody will say you're a conspiracy theorist and then they won't believe what you say about jobs.'<br><br>PK: Well, you know, I was really impressed with the book by David Ray Griffin. There's a good guy. [<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://tinyurl.com/om5mr">tinyurl.com/om5mr</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END-->]<br><br>PCR: Yes, he is very bright.<br><br>PK: He is very brave and he is a mainstream theologian. He was professor for 30 years at Claremont Graduate School, teaching the logic of religion, he is known as a...<br><br>PCR: [Sarcastic] Yeah, I know. But what his problem is, he's not a physicist or a structural engineer so they say, 'Well, how do you know?' And since they don't know themselves, they can't tell whether he knows or not. You see? The real breakthrough, I think, has been some of the physicists who stood up like this professor Steven Jones at BYU. [<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/">www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END-->]<br><br>PK: At BYU, yeah. Although they muzzled him pretty quickly.<br><br>PCR: They muzzled him quickly. It's very easy to see why. Federal government calls up and says, 'Do you realize how many research grants the University gets from the Federal Government?'<br><br>PK: Yeah. Its tough because you need a theory to beat a theory and what you've got is a set of observations that the current story is implausible but it is so hard to come up with a scenario that would explain and account for all these things. Who did it? Why did they do it? All that. It is a really tough one.<br><br>PCR: I think the evidence is unequivocal that controlled demolition was used to bring down those buildings. I don't think we know who wired them or why or what. I mean, maybe they were wired in the event that something crashed into them and they started to topple and destroy half of lower manhattan, and so maybe they wanted to have some way to bring the down. Maybe that had been done and maybe something set it off.<br><br>PK: That's a thought.<br><br>PCR: Maybe the attack set it off or maybe people panicked and decided to bring them down. But it didn't happen... I don't know why and what and I have no theory all I know is it didn't happen the way they say it happened. <br><br>PK: Yeah. Well, I'm glad we talked about that. Now lets go on to talk about Iraq and Iran...<br><br>===========================<br><br>Government Psychopaths: Paul Craig Roberts<br>Alex Jones speaks to Paul Craig Roberts, former Senior Research Fellow at the Hoover Institution, a former assistant secretary of the treasury in the Reagan Administration and prolific and popular journalist.<br><br>Audio interview-mp3<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.prisonplanet.tv/audio/231105roberts.mp3">www.prisonplanet.tv/audio...oberts.mp3</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
BannedfromDU

Blog: View Blog (0)

US living on borrowed time - and money

Postby BannedfromDU » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:03 pm

Mar 24, 2006<br><br>US living on borrowed time - and money<br>By Julian Delasantellis <br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/HC24Dj01.html">www.atimes.com/atimes/Glo...4Dj01.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
BannedfromDU

Re: Audio interview(s) Paul Craig Roberts on US Economy &

Postby BannedfromDU » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:34 pm

David Walker<br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Stephen Sackur talks to America's Auditor -in-Chief, David Walker. Is America facing an economic disaster?</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br><br>Click here to watch the full interview<br>The richest, most powerful nation on earth faces a fiscal "tsunami" which threatens to overwhelm Government and citizens alike.<br><br>Who says so? America's auditor in chief, David Walker, whose job it is to oversee all Federal spending.<br><br>He's pleading with US politicians and taxpayers to face up to the harsh economic realities that come with an ageing population and spiralling budget deficits.<br><br>But is economic disaster really so close at hand?<br><br>Stephen Sackur talks to David Walker.<br><br><br>HARDtalk can be seen on BBC World at 04:30 GMT, 0830 GMT, 1130 GMT, 1530 GMT, 1930 GMT, 0030 GMT<br><br>It can also be seen on BBC News 24 at 04:30 and 23:30<br><br>Story from BBC NEWS:<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/programmes/hardtalk/4857646.stm">news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-...857646.stm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
BannedfromDU

Return to Economics