Welcome to the Current Events forum! As this forum is new and members have wondered how this forum will differ from others, here are the rules pertinent to this forum only:
Rules for Current Events
1. This forum is for members to post news stories of recent interest. Members are asked to post the story and link for events that have occurred within the past 48 hours. Exceptions to this time frame will be allowed on a case-by-case basis by the mods.
2. Please make the thread title identical to the title of the current events article being linked to the Original Post.
3. Members are allowed to post up to 20 Original Posts in Current Events per day. Please keep the subject of the OPs to news stories and events and avoid posting opinion columns. Opinion columns on the event in the OP can be posted as a reply.
4. Members can post their own opinions in the OP accompanying the text and link to the event.
5. Within the body of the OP, please copy and paste the story and link. Please use discretion; if the story is excessively long, just post the first four paragraphs and accompanying link.
6. Any OP violating these rules will be deleted at the moderator's discretion.
If members have any other questions, feel free to ask a moderator. Thanks!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967