Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue May 29, 2018 1:54 pm

ABC in a stunning move has decided to cancel its Roseanne revival following star Roseanne Barr's racist tweet Tuesday.

"Roseanne's Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show," ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said Tuesday.

More to come...
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... et-1115412
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue May 29, 2018 2:01 pm

sorry just ain't gonna cut it ....you f****** racist trump lover

Roseanne Barr Is Terribly Sorry for Her Horribly Racist Tweet

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby” Barr tweeted about former Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett.
https://slate.com/culture/2018/05/rosea ... rrett.html

Wanda did the right thing before the cancellation

Wanda Sykes

Verified account

@iamwandasykes
Follow Follow @iamwandasykes
More
I will not be returning to @RoseanneOnABC.
9:04 AM - 29 May 2018
15,131 Retweets 84,968 Likes Virgil PoolSamantha RuthMichael TiknisDanielleSteven SteinJessica Vietzenrobin bassCorry WestbrookChuck Spears
5,325 replies 15,131 retweets 84,968 likes
Reply 5.3K Retweet 15K Like 85K
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Elvis » Tue May 29, 2018 2:27 pm

That's quite an accomplishment for a 14-year-old!

(Soros was born in 1930.)

It's all so very disappointing.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Grizzly » Tue May 29, 2018 4:32 pm

So, lately I often see the word 'image' in place of what is supposed to be an image. Is anyone else experiencing this?
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby peartreed » Tue May 29, 2018 5:01 pm

Twits who tweet their twisted take on tabloid tales tend to self-terminate.

Trump recently took some of the credit for Roseanne’s ratings spike, claiming “our” common audience culture. Roseanne and Donald certainly are tandem tweet hearts and appeal to a red neck base. Fortunately, their own voices become transparent.

It’s nice to see a network like ABC take a moral stand over advertising revenues but it is now becoming clear that the major advertisers and sponsors of the show were having second thoughts on its contract renewal. I wonder if FOX will pick it up.
peartreed

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Tue May 29, 2018 5:35 pm

Elvis » Tue May 29, 2018 2:27 pm wrote:Image

here's the interview where he talks about it - helping the Nazis confiscate jewish property while posing as a christian

https://twitter.com/KelemenCari/status/ ... 9277000704
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby 82_28 » Tue May 29, 2018 5:42 pm

peartreed » Tue May 29, 2018 1:01 pm wrote:Twits who tweet their twisted take on tabloid tales tend to self-terminate.

Trump recently took some of the credit for Roseanne’s ratings spike, claiming “our” common audience culture. Roseanne and Donald certainly are tandem tweet hearts and appeal to a red neck base. Fortunately, their own voices become transparent.

It’s nice to see a network like ABC take a moral stand over advertising revenues but it is now becoming clear that the major advertisers and sponsors of the show were having second thoughts on its contract renewal. I wonder if FOX will pick it up.

I think that if another network picked it up it would have to be renamed (ABC/Disney own it [I think]) and who from the cast could she possibly coax to jump ship with her?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Elvis » Tue May 29, 2018 5:53 pm

Agent Orange Cooper » Tue May 29, 2018 2:35 pm wrote:
Elvis » Tue May 29, 2018 2:27 pm wrote:Image

here's the interview where he talks about it - helping the Nazis confiscate jewish property while posing as a christian

https://twitter.com/KelemenCari/status/ ... 9277000704

Thanks, I've read that, but Rosanne makes it sound like Soros stole his billions from German Jews, and it doesn't mean Soros is or even was a Nazi.

My feeling about Soros is basically this: nobody should want a billion dollars, it's obscene.

I perk up when Rosanne is in the news because a few years ago she was calling attention to MK programs and survivors. She seemed pretty lucid then, but now the "ape" thing and I'm off that bus. Hence my disappointment.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue May 29, 2018 6:02 pm

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby American Dream » Wed May 30, 2018 5:57 am

The ape comments have some years of history behind them.

Roseanne has been channeling 4chan's racism, anti-Semitism, and conspiracy theories on Twitter

On 4chan, users call her "our girl." She tweets screenshots of content from the message board

However, the apology feels empty, not only because Barr has tweeted racist comparisons of black people to apes before, but also because of Barr’s record of using Twitter to amplify far-right conspiracy theories, including Pizzagate and the pro-Trump fake narrative known as #QAnon. The #QAnon narrative claims Trump has a master plan in motion to kneecap members of the “deep state” and dismantle pedophilia rings with links to powerful politicians and celebrities. And #QAnon and Pizzagate aren’t the only insane right-wing talking points Barr is recycling. As recently as this morning, she broadcast a false, anti-Semitic attack on George Soros in an attempt to smear Chelsea Clinton, a “heinous lie” that earned her a retweet from one of the president’s sons, Donald Trump Jr.

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2018/ ... ter/220322
American Dream

Postby Heaven Swan » Wed May 30, 2018 6:01 am

How can someone who seems so intelligent be so stupid?

Yea, I watched some of her videos about MK issues and was happy she was speaking out...now she’s helping poison the well in peoples minds which is not good for the survivors.

It’s sad that, from the beginning, some of the most wacked-out far righters (Militia...) aligned themselves with MK survivors, but that history seems almost kind and altruistic in comparison to the co-opting of the ‘pedophiles in high places’ narrative to create a super-tornado of spin that helped sway an election.

I hope the reflected smear of association with these racist sickos doesn’t irreparably damage the credibility of MK survivors.

Edit: I’ll have to go back and look at those videos, but did she say she’s a survivor? Can’t remember, but if she did that opens a huge can of worms...
"When IT reigns, I’m poor.” Mario
Heaven Swan

Postby Cordelia » Wed May 30, 2018 11:39 am

Roseanne Barr blames Ambien: 'I'm not a racist, just an idiot'

by Brian Stelter and Ivana Kottasová @ivanakottasova May 30, 2018: 10:57 AM ET

Sanofi, the maker of Ambien, responded with a statement full of shade: "While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication."

Barr's Ambien explanation was part of an hours-long tweetstorm reacting to ABC's cancellation of her hit show "Roseanne."

She had said on Tuesday that she was leaving Twitter, but she just can't seem to log off.

She zig-zagged between apologizing for her foul Twitter behavior and retweeting memes that made her apology sound insincere. She retweeted fans who portrayed her as the victim of a liberal media double standard. All told, she posted more than 100 times.

Among her retweets: Photos of former Obama aide Valerie Jarrett side by side with an ape.

It was Barr's earlier tweet about Jarrett that caused outrage and ultimately led to the show's cancellation. In a response to a comment about Jarrett, Barr had said: "Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj."

MORE...http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/30/media/r ... index.html

She tweeted, "guys I did something unforgiveable so do not defend me. It was 2 in the morning and I was ambien tweeting -- it was memorial day too -- i went 2 far & do not want it defended -- it was egregious Indefensible. I made a mistake I wish I hadn't but...don't defend it please."

She cited Ambien again in a later tweet, saying, "Not giving excuses for what I did(tweeted) but I've done weird stuff while on ambien -- cracked eggs on the wall at 2am etc."

Will her Ambien prescription be cancelled too?
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed May 30, 2018 12:04 pm

:)

Last edited by seemslikeadream on Wed May 30, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby American Dream » Wed May 30, 2018 12:44 pm

On the far-right, Roseanne's cancellation isn't funny

May 30, 2018 Brett Barrouquere

​Roseanne always tried to walk a comedic edge. But, in a tweet about a former aide to President Barack Obama, that edge cut her.

Now, the far right and the alt-right are trying to stop the bleeding and defend a racist tweet.

“Roseanne learned today, like most of us, that Valerie Jarret identifies as black. Surprise!” conspiracy theorist and right-wing commentator Mark Dice tweeted.

Barr is known to traffic in conspiracy theories, racist tweets and questionable comments online, but the tweet that did her in showed former Obama assistant Valerie Jarrett side by side with an ape.

In response to a comment in an earlier tweet about Jarrett, Barr said: "Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj."

Within hours, ABC had canceled the reboot of Barr’s show “Roseanne,” which focused on a Chicago-area family and in which Barr played someone much like herself — an outspoken supporter of Donald Trump.

(Despite the show’s cancellation, the Twitter account for the program remained online Wednesday. The last new tweet on the account was from Sunday night.)

Many people, including celebrities, politicians and commentators denounced Barr’s comparison. But among racists, the far right and the alt-right, the comedian, who has apologized, blamed the sleep aid Ambien and continued to retweet racist ideas, became a martyr and Jarrett became a point of mocking.

The general theme of tweets, pronouncements and posts on the alt-right social media site Gab were that Roseanne isn’t racist, the comments were accurate and ABC was wrong.

Many of Roseanne’s backers also denied that comparing Jarrett to a character from “Planet of the Apes” was racist, while overlooking historical comparisons made by white supremacists between black people and primates.

Pictures of Jarrett and the character from the movie side-by-side were popular memes among the far-right in the wake of the cancelation.

“Did anyone even bother to look at the character on Planet of the Apes that #Roseanne was referring to? It wasn't a racist comment AT ALL! She actually looks exactly like the character. I looked it up and laughed so hard I almost pissed my pants. It's not racist, it's truth!” tweeted Kelly Ellis (@Kellycal0426), who has tweeted and retweeted far-right ideas.

Singer Ted Nugent, a vocal Trump supporter and NRA board member, didn’t miss the opportunity to step into the fray.

“So Roseanne referencing a movie title is racist. Lying dishonest soulless freaks from Planet of the Apes,” Nugent tweeted on Tuesday.

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who has peddled some of the same debunked ideas as Barr, also came to her defense. Jones, who has been known to mock the victims of mass shootings, called for the comedian to push back.

“Hi @therealroseanne, it’s time for you to strike back against these THOUGHT POLICE and really shake them up! You’ve been on the show before and it’s time for you to come back on! #Roseanne,” Jones tweeted Tuesday.

Paul Joseph Watson, an editor-at-large on Jones’ InfoWars, said there are “totally different rules” for conservatives.

“Maybe if Roseanne had just lied about what she tweeted, blamed non-existent ‘hackers’ and stuck to what was obviously a bogus excuse for weeks, the media would have immediately forgiven her. Oh I forgot, she's a conservative,” Watson said in a tweet Tuesday night that Roseanne retweeted.

Daily Stormer editor and blogger Andrew Anglin, who frequently blames Jewish people for issues in the world, attacked Bob Iger, the CEO of Disney, which owns ABC. Anglin noted that Iger is Jewish and the head of ABC’s entertainment division, Channing Dungey, is a black woman.

Even though Barr’s show is gone, her ideas are still floating around out there online. And, some even come from the family of the current occupant of the White House.

In the hours after the cancelation, Donald Trump, Jr., retweeted a claim by Barr that philanthropist and Democratic donor George Soros aided Nazis in finding Jews during World War II. That didn’t happen, but the lack of facts didn’t stop Barr from tweeting about it, nor stop Trump, Jr., from echoing the conspiracy theory.

For the alt-right, it’s all in the family.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... isnt-funny
American Dream

Next

Return to SLAD Newswire