Suspect Arrested for Spring Creek Fire

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Suspect Arrested for Spring Creek Fire

Postby chump » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:50 pm

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/06/30/c ... -416-fire/

Suspect arrested on arson charges related to more than 41,000 acre Spring Creek wildfire as about a dozen other blazes spread across Colorado

As at least a dozen wildfires scorched Colorado’s forests Saturday —  forcing evacuations, consuming homes and closing roads — a 52-year-old man was arrested on arson charges in connection with one of the worst blazes.

The Spring Creek fire, burning east of Fort Garland in Costilla and Huerfano counties, has grown by more than 8,000 acres, reaching 41,292 acres as of Saturday evening, according to the Rocky Mountain Incident Management Team. The wildfire has destroyed an undetermined number of homes.

Jesper Joergensen was arrested on arson charges, officials confirmed at a 1 p.m. community meeting. The ongoing fire investigation is led by the Costilla County Sheriff’s Office, which is receiving help from the Colorado Bureau of Investigations, state arson investigators, Colorado State Patrol, and agents from Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

A Costilla County detention officer told Reuters News Service that Joergensen, who is not a U.S. citizen, was to be handed over to ICE. The officer could not immediately state Jorgensen’s nationality.

The wildfire prompted a long list of evacuations Saturday.

con'd
chump

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Suspect Arrested for Spring Creek Fire

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:25 pm

Aside from the arsonist, shit is bleak in Colorado. My home state. I have witnessed the desertification there with my own eyes. It's only a matter of time. I think the Colorado (river) will run dry in our lifetimes at certain spans and spans of time unless something does not change soon. Adios lettuce and other shit like that.

Good luck, Colorado. Unfortunately catching the arsonists will not change what nature is destined to do.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Re: Suspect Arrested for Spring Creek Fire

Postby chump » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:57 am

chump

Return to SLAD Newswire