No Boris Johnson Topic Yet?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

No Boris Johnson Topic Yet?

Postby 82_28 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:36 pm

It was all the news when I woke up and while I listened to Thom Hartmann during my travels this morning. I have no idea what to think but shit's about to get weird. RE Iran for starters. dump apparently already has three meetings scheduled with him. I guess don't quote me on that because I cannot find the link to the story I read this morning.

https://theintercept.com/2019/07/23/bor ... ump-unfit/
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: No Boris Johnson Topic Yet?

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:10 pm

I can't wait till a Brit suggests Boris go back to the shit hole country he came from, but I don't think that is likely to happen. I suppose we'll have to wait for Donald to get pissed off by him before hearing those words from him once again.

It's terrifying to imagine what Trump actually discusses with other heads of state. Bolton's determined to wage war against Iran and Trump surely wants to engage in a war somewhere, believing that would assure his re-election.
Iamwhomiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:12 pm

this is just weird

United Kingston :roll:

Apparently United "Kingston" has a new prime minister!
A month ago her dad praised the Prince of “Whales.” It runs in the family..

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Elvis » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:09 pm

I always assumed that BJ was an "insider" by virtue of being mayor of London, so it's interesting to see him emerge as a Trumpian loose cannon figure. Is it an act?

(I hate that "Trumpian" is now a thing but can't ignore it.)

Those side-by-side pics are scary.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:14 pm

^^^^

"Those side-by-side pics are scary."

Amen! :twisted:
Iamwhomiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:45 pm

Steve Bell’s If ... Boris Johnson joins the Trump Heights club

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 8.40.00 PM.jpg

Boris Johnson Brushes Up His Image
A wave of “populist” politicians in the mold of Trump spreads.
https://www.thenation.com/article/boris ... his-image/

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby semper occultus » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:54 pm

Whilst Johnson isn't truly cast in the Trumpian mould despite having that meeting with Bannon a while back- that is more Farage's claim to fame - I guess he is symptomatic of the on-going crisis in British politics ( or the British version of the on-going crisis in Western politics ) & the tortured efforts of the old-line political parties to either oppose, co-opt or pacify the "populist" anti-elite tide that is destabilising them atm. You may remember Johnson was on the verge of becoming PM after David Cameron did the sensibly dishonourable thing after Captaining the ship onto the rocks by jumping in the life-boat & rowing like hell in the other direction. There was a concerted "Stop Boris" effort to blow-up his leadership bid & the Conservative establishment put in Theresa May to manage Brexit entirely as a damage-limitation exercise. Her repeated failures, robot-like malfunctions & general abysmal performance has now triggered a whole new stage of the crisis. Johnson is the result. They are now at the end of the rope. What is most revealing about the state of desperation is that the MPs in Parliament selected him from the field of contenders given the many senior figures in the party who have always resisted & opposed his transparent ambition & more murky principles & character. Not even the Brexit supporters entirely trust him to follow through on his promises but something is afoot, in particular the shennaigans surrounding the removal of the British ambassador in Washington

82:28 is quite right :

Boris Johnson to meet Donald Trump three times in first 100 days in office as US president praises him

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/07/23/boris-johnson-meet-donald-trump-three-times-first-100-days-office/

With the British Embassy said to be ‘braced’ for a visit in August, it has not yet been decided whether Mr Johnson will meet the Commander-in-Chief at the White House, his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida or at one of Mr Trump’s golf resorts such as the Bedminster Club in New Jersey.

Two further bilateral meetings between the two world leaders are then expected at the G7 in Biarritz, France, at the end of August, followed by the UN General Assembly in New York in September. They will also expected to meet again at the 70th anniversary of the Nato summit in London in December.

The move, which would see Mr Johnson spend “quality time” with the President over the summer is designed not only to cement their relationship but also repair the damage of the Sir Kim Darroch affair before beginning to sketch out a post-Brexit trade deal.
semper occultus

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:44 am

Thank you for sharing your viewpoint, semper occultus. Johnson and Trump are men of the time; a reflection of confusion.

Part 1
12:48 minute video
https://www.democracynow.org/2019/7/25/ash_sarkar_boris_johnson_uk_pm

Protests Erupt in London as Boris Johnson Is Sworn In as New Prime Minister, Promising Hard Brexit
July 25, 2019

Part 2
6:57 minute video
https://www.democracynow.org/2019/7/25/ash_shakar_boris_johnson_is_not

Ash Sarkar: Boris Johnson Is Not Fit to Be British Prime Minister
July 25, 2019
Iamwhomiam

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:35 pm

I suppose this is well known and I would say trivial but I watched or read something (can't remember -- it might have been here!) but he messes up his hair on purpose before public appearances.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Grizzly » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:41 pm

WHEN HAVE ANY OF THESE DINKS BEEN FIT TO BE LEADERS? Name just one? Across the pond or here?
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby semper occultus » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:53 pm

82_28 » 31 Jul 2019 20:35 wrote:I suppose this is well known and I would say trivial but I watched or read something (can't remember -- it might have been here!) but he messes up his hair on purpose before public appearances.

his actual first name is Alexander & he is always referred to as Al by his family & friends - "Boris" is literally a brand-name. And it seems to work for quite alot of people. He's not someone to be under-estimated or lightly dismissed & neither is Dominic Cummings who ran the Vote Leave campaign who he has elevated into a hugely powerful strategist / enforcer role to carry through the programme. Its going to be a ride
semper occultus

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:56 pm

I saw him a number of months ago on MSNBC when he was making some live appeal in live interview form about staying with the Iran "deal" or something. I forget but I think that's it. But, boy would I not want to debate or even talk to him. He's really fucking pushy/arrogant. Sorry, Brits. Sorry everyone for everything everywhere. I guess I can look it up but what's up with Corbyn?
82_28

Postby NeonLX » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:37 pm

Grizzly » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:41 pm wrote:WHEN HAVE ANY OF THESE DINKS BEEN FIT TO BE LEADERS? Name just one? Across the pond or here?

Which reminds me: Why do we need "leaders" in the first place? 8th grade Civics class was a long time ago for me.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby semper occultus » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:19 am

semper occultus

Postby 82_28 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:40 am

What a "tard". He didn't hit the kid too hard but he was "in the zone" in his head. He might have though laid off and that's why he took the fall though -- to his credit. But he wanted, you could tell, nail anyone in front of him. Moreover, could you see or imagine dump running in any capacity?
82_28

Next

Return to SLAD Newswire