Multiple explosions rock London

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Multiple explosions rock London

Postby st4 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:59 am

Start rolling tape. This could be it!<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Multiple explosions rock London<br><br>Initial reports say at least two deaths<br><br>Thursday, July 7, 2005; Posted: 6:46 a.m. EDT (10:46 GMT)<br><br>LONDON, England (CNN) -- Near simultaneous explosions rocked the London Underground network and at least one bus at the morning rush hour, police said, causing fatalities and prompting officials to shut down the entire underground transport network.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>In the first report of casualties, City of London police told CNN there had been two fatalities at Aldgate east station.<br><br>The explosions came a day after London was awarded the 2012 Olympics and as the G8 summit was getting under way in Scotland. Initial reports blamed a power surge, but officials were not ruling out a terrorist attack.<br><br>"There have been a number of dreadful incidents across London today," said Home Secretary Charles Clarke, Britain's top law enforcement officer. He said there were "terrible injuries."<br><br>Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair said London had been hit by at least six blasts and there had been many casualties. He urged Londoners not to panic and said it was too early to say what caused the blasts.<br><br>UK Prime Minister Tony Blair said he would make a statement on the London explosions from the G8 summit at 1100GMT, his spokesman said.<br><br>A White House spokesman said U.S. President George W. Bush was aware of the explosions and had been in briefings with Blair all morning.<br><br>Claire Burroughs, spokeswoman for St Mary's Hospital in central London, told CNN the hospital was on "major incident alert."<br><br>Four patients were critically injured, eight were seriously injured and 14 others were being treated for minor injuries, she said.<br><br>"The types of injuries we are seeing include limb damage, burns, cuts, breaks, head injuries and chest problems due to smoke inhalation," Burroughs said.<br><br>The Tube blasts at the height of the rush hour on Thursday were initially blamed on a power surge.<br><br>But amid the chaos eyewitnesses reported that a packed double decker bus in the Russell Square area had been severely damaged in a blast.<br><br>There were media reports that a second bus had been damaged in Tavistock Square. Police told CNN they could not confirm that report.<br><br>Describing the Russell Square blast, eyewitness Belinda Seabrook told the UK Press Association she saw an explosion rip through the bus as it approached the Square.<br><br>"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," she said.<br><br>One Tube passenger told CNN passengers had been packed in smoke-filled carriages "just waiting to die."<br><br>One passenger, with blood streaming down the left side of his face from a wound on his temple, said he didn't "want to live through it again."<br><br>"I was in the front carriage and people were severely injured there," he said, adding that his train had been in the tunnel between Kings Cross and Russell Square.<br><br>"I heard, but I don't know, that people were hurt worse further back. Some people were very calm, others very panicky."<br><br>"There was a very loud bang, the lights went out, the carriage filled with smoke," he said. "We were all thrown forward."<br><br>Travellers emerged from underground tunnels covered in blood and soot. Scotland Yard declared the emergency a "major incident."<br><br>Emergency services were called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion shortly before 9 a.m.<br><br>A short while later, London Underground said there had been "another incident at Edgware Road" station in north west London.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/07/london.tube/index.html">www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/eu...index.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
st4

Blog: View Blog (0)

Here we go again - a Madrid repeat

Postby Peachtree Pam » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:10 am

Here we go again, MI5 and MI6 on the job, stoking up the fear factor, shoring up phoney baloney Tony's tanking support, getting the good folks to accept an national ID card etc etc etc....Nice touch testing that all the cell phones could be put out of commission "because there was some indications that these attacks were similar to those in Madrid "(remotely controlled by cell pnones)....on FRENCH TV it was reported that tanks had been sent in to surround Heathrow.....not mentioned on CNN or the BBC....How do you get to Carnegy Hall?????<br><br>PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE<br><br><br><br>Let's hope it backfires, as Madrid did.... <p></p><i></i>
Peachtree Pam

re:here we go again

Postby rain » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:09 am

"...these tactics are painfully familiar ... Madrid ... devastating effect on Spanish public opinion ...the question now, what will be the effect on public opinion here" Paul Wood.BBCNews.<br><br>so it's a public opinion poll ?!<br>switch your cognitive dissonance meters on.<br>remember the good ol' days, when they just used to knock on the door and ask questions. <p></p><i></i>
rain

those of you with the means to do so

Postby glubglubglub » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:25 am

start and keep taping / tivoing as much news coverage as possible. <p></p><i></i>
glubglubglub

Latest reports

Postby Jerky » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:27 am

45 deaths, 300 other casualties, mostly burns and ruptured eardrums.<br><br>And oh yeah, sure, we'll get around to letting you see those pics and videos of innocent Iraqi civilians being tortured, raped and murdered at Abu Ghraib... but considering what just happened in London, do you really care anymore?<br><br>I didn't think so. <p></p><i></i>
Jerky

911 math quiz

Postby st4 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:39 am

Here's some math. Please correct it if it's wrong:<br><br>1394 days since 911<br><br>483 days since the Madrid bombing<br><br>1394 - 483 = 911 <p></p><i></i>
st4

Re: Multiple explosions rock London

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:52 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.prisonplanet.com/Pages/Jul05/070705explosions_London.html">www.prisonplanet.com/Page...ondon.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Explosions In London - Who Stands To Gain? Israel Warned, Cover-up In Progress<br><br>Prisonplanet | July 07 2005<br><br>BREAKING: Scrambled cover-up to try and change prior knowledge story.<br><br>Original reports stated that Binyamin Netanyahu was warned BEFORE the first blast, now all the Associated Press reports are being changed to say he was warned AFTER the first blast, for example this article. <br><br>The article linked below that we saved in our own format (and the website that carried it has strangely since crashed) said that Netanyahu was warned before the first blast.<br><br>Israel are now denying they got a warning. <br><br>BREAKING: Scotland Yard says it got a warning before the attack and told Israel. <br><br>"The Israeli Embassy in London was notified in advance, resulting in Finance Minister Binyamin Netanyahu remaining in his hotel room rather than make his way to the hotel adjacent to the site of the first explosion, a Liverpool Street train station, where he was to address and economic summit."<br><br>Full article here.<br><br>The warning contradicts the fact that the original explanation of a power surge went out for an hour or more. They knew it was an attack but put out a false explanation. Plus why did Netanyahu get a warning and the victims didn't?<br><br>We have been told that the events unfolding today were "inevitable", London's transport network has been hit with multiple explosions. Both the Underground and Buses have been hit. Events are still unfolding. <br><br>We predicted this would happen over a year ago after analyzing the propaganda and fearmongering that was being ratcheted up to the extreme in London. Paul Joseph Watson has predicted these events as imminent several times on The Alex Jones Show in recent months.<br><br>Tony Blair is not in London but safely tucked up in Scotland with 7 other World Leaders including President Bush. The political eyes of the world are on Britain this week. The Mayor of London Ken Livingstone is in Singapore where the IOC has just awarded the Olympic Games to London, he is rushing back to the city.<br><br>Just like the events of 9/11, ask yourself, who stands to gain from this? Could this have been organized by any group other than one who has direct unlimited access to all areas of London's transport grid at all times? <br><br>This has MI5 written all over it. Just watch that national ID card legislation sail through. Only 15% of the country supported the government after the last election, this will ensure total fealty to a smarmy Blair and whatever he wants to do. Ken Livingstone and the opposition parties will now have no grounds to reject ID card legislation, especially with the Olympics coming to London in 2012.<br><br>The police state measures they'll get out of this will be overlaid onto all forms of transport. In fact, you won't be able to travel without the ID card. Although MI5 operations are normally more sophisticated than things like 9/11, in that the evidence linking it to the government is more carefully covered, just watch for the evidence of inside involvement to trickle out. MI5 have been caught involved in IRA bombings multiple times over.<br> <p></p><i></i>
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

bizarro

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:00 pm

I find it absolutely bizarre that coincidentally just a few days ago out of nowhere Paul Harvey made his weird, creepy statement suggesting we should start using our nukes. No wonder the first question that goes through so many minds is whether our own governments are behind this. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Warning before blasts occurred

Postby Peachtree Pam » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:04 pm

Here is a link that states warning was given before blasts<br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050707/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_britain_explosions_1">news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050...plosions_1</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Peachtree Pam

Printed out (original AP version)

Postby Peachtree Pam » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:08 pm

By AMY TEIBEL, Associated Press Writer <br>Thu Jul 7, 7:14 AM ET<br> <br><br><br>JERUSALEM - British police told the Israeli Embassy in London minutes before Thursday's explosions that they had received warnings of possible terror attacks in the city, a senior Israeli official said. <br><br>ADVERTISEMENT<br> <br> Explore homes by area, price range, bedrooms and bathrooms.<br><br>State<br>SelectAlaskaAlabamaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutWashington D.C.DelawareFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIowaIdahoIllinoisIndianaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMassachusettsMarylandMaineMichiganMinnesotaMissouriMississippiMontanaNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaNebraskaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNevadaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVirginiaVermontWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming<br><br> <br><br> <br> <br> <br>Israeli Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had planned to attend an economic conference in a hotel over the subway stop where one of the blasts occurred, and the warning prompted him to stay in his hotel room instead, government officials said.<br><br>Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom said he wasn't aware of any Israeli casualties.<br><br>Just before the blasts, Scotland Yard called the security officer at the Israeli Embassy to say they had received warnings of possible attacks, the official said. He did not say whether British police made any link to the economic conference.<br><br>The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the nature of his position.<br><br>The Israeli Embassy was in a state of emergency after the explosions in London, with no one allowed to enter or leave, said the Israeli ambassador to London, Zvi Hefet.<br><br>All phone lines to the embassy were down, said Danny Biran, an Israeli Foreign Ministry official.<br><br>The ministry set up a situation room to deal with hundreds of phone calls from concerned relatives. Thousands of Israelis are living in London or visiting the city at this time, Biran said.<br><br>Amir Gilad, a Netanyahu aide, told Israel Radio that Netanyahu's entourage was receiving updates all morning from British security officials, and "we have also asked to change our plans."<br><br>Netanyahu had been scheduled to stay in London until Sunday, but that could change, Gilad said.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Peachtree Pam

Re: Printed out (original AP version)

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:18 pm

Thank you so much <p></p><i></i>
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: Printed out (original AP version)

Postby st4 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:22 pm

Yeah, nice find. thanks. <p></p><i></i>
st4

Police say "no warnings given"

Postby Peachtree Pam » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:29 pm

This is at 17:30 in Europe on BBC world (tape scrolling at bottom of screen) <p></p><i></i>
Peachtree Pam

are you sure?

Postby human » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:37 pm

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em> Here's some math. Please correct it if it's wrong:<br><br>1394 days since 911<br><br>483 days since the Madrid bombing<br><br>1394 - 483 = 911</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>^^ really?<br><br>100% ?<br><br>because i usually try to avoid the whole numbers thing, too many interpretations..... but if that math is correct, thats gonna have me rethinking avoiding the numbers thing.<br><br>one<br>human? <p></p><i></i>
human

i know...

Postby human » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:39 pm

i know, i know... i should just DO the math, but my brain is not functioning fully right this second (broke night, stressed...)<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
human

Next

Return to 7/7 London bombings