Londoners Suspicious Of Station Closures Before Blasts

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Londoners Suspicious Of Station Closures Before Blasts

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:48 pm

via <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/july2005/120705stationclosures.htm" target="top">PrisonPlanet</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->, these posts from the forum of the <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>London Evening Standard</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->:<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Hi everyone,<br><br>Did anyone travelling in BEFORE the attacks began yesterday notice anything peculiar on their tube journey?<br><br>I catch the Piccadilly line at 7.15am each morning from Southgate to reach my work in Kensington by 8.00. Normally, all seats are taken by Finsbury Park and carriages are packed by Kings Cross. <br><br>However, yesterday my tube journey was eerily quiet. For the first time ever there were spare seats in my carriage all the way through zone 1. It was noticeable enough for me to wonder what on earth was going on. This was at 7.45 - over an hour before attacks began.<br><br>I've also heard people saying that the Northern Line was being shut down at the same time.<br><br>Is there something that we're not being told?</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br>A member responds,<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>yes!!<br><br>I was due to pick a work collegue up from balham at 7:15am, but when i got there i was greeted with Tube emergency vans, police and and hoards of people being turned away from a closed station.<br><br>All very strange they must have known something was going to happan, the surely had a tip off. As i drove along the road, (which also follows the tubes) they were all shut and hundreds of people were queing for buses.<br><br>when i reached Oval, which was open there were two armed policemen in a road next to the station, which for a quiet area like that is extremly rare.<br><br>the northen line was shut from morden to stockwell. They blatently knew something was going down, they just got it wrong and are hoping no one mentions anything.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Blog: View Blog (0)

re:Londoners Suspicious ...

Postby hanshan » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:53 pm

<br><br><br>Jeff:<br><br>Isn't this part & parcel of the <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>simulated attack</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br>exercise? Obviously piggybacking on same is the <br>perfect cover. However, that implies collusion.No?<br><br>...<br> <p></p><i></i>
hanshan

London Tube Station Closings Before Attacks?

Postby Starman » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:35 am

Whoa! This sure caught my eye -- Wouldn't this be a very noteable event that people would be discussing and openly questioning the relevance of -- I mean, we're talking some hundreds of people who were shunted onto busses while the trains were still running with far-below normal passengers. One could speculate this might be related to a simultaneous emergency drill (but then the trains would be shut-down, no?), but in that neither the drill nor any early-morning shut-down of selected stations and shunting of hundreds of pasengers via busses was reported or discussed by officials (that I've seen) it suggests somethying very, very odd here. Wouldn't the use of busses have led to delays and late-arrivals, as well as other consequences due to busses being rerouted for train passengers. Can officialdom have so much influence on the media that they can totally shut-down reporting on transportation network oddities affecting hundreds of tube passengers earlier in the morning before the bombings? Is this an effort to hide that officials knew something but bungled a response<br><br>And what's the deal with police shooting one or two bombing suspects that same morning -- has anyone seen any detailed stories explaining this?<br><br>A whole lotta weird stuff alright, from changing stories to absent information to suspicious and too 'pat' conclusions.<br>Starman <p></p><i></i>
Starman

Re: London Tube Station Closings Before Attacks?

Postby antiaristo » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:10 am

Starman,<br>Hi. <br>I'd say your comment understates the scale.<br>My mother lives just around the corner from Balham tube station, so I know the system well. If the Northern Line was shut from Morden to Stockwell it would be truly massive.<br><br>The Northern Line is just about the only line that runs south of the river. The line divides at Kennington to travel via the Bank (City of London) or via Charing Cross (West End). In addition it serves as a major feed to the Victoria Line, with the intersection being made at Stockwell.<br><br>This would affect many thousands of people. At that time of the morning a train runs every two or three minutes. If you have travelled the London Underground you'll know that each carriage holds more than a hundred, and each train has more than ten carriages.<br><br>That's an awful lot of disruption! <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

re: london tube

Postby rain » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:39 am

<br><br>just some thoughts - but if what these two on L.E.S. forum are saying is correct then - i). thousands of people must know about it;<br>ii). why aren't we hearing more;<br>iii). that at some point, people must have been allowed on the tube;<br>iv).the 'Power' exercises neither cover, nor cut it;<br>v).surely people in the 'forces', have figured it out. are they all robots.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

Rudolf Giuliani paid consultant for Visor?

Postby quioxte » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:11 pm

from cloakaddagger.de<br><br>Tom Heneghen is reporting that Giuliani was working with Visor to run the terror simulations with Peter Powers on 7/7/05.<br><br>C4 Explosives purchased in US, moved to Kosovo then to UK<br><br>worth a listen<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://cloakanddagger.de/shows/webcast/_JULY_A/_cloak_tom_july_14_05.wav">cloakanddagger.de/shows/w..._14_05.wav</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <p></p><i></i>
quioxte

Was Giuliani in London for terror ’exercises’?

Postby quioxte » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:13 pm

<br>Was Giuliani in London for terror ’exercises’?<br><br><br>------------<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=6990">bellaciao.org/en/article....ticle=6990</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>(Hey kids. Just your friendly neighborhood Libertythink Director Emeritus checking in here. This item was posted this morning to www.total911.info and www.total411.info. And the sites promptly went down and have stayed down. Investigation is pending. Special thanks to TBF for leaving me the key to the back door.)<br><br>Rudolph Giuliani was in World Trade Center 7 on 9/11 for, as he testified before the 9/11 Commission, a FEMA terror ’exercise.’ He went on the support the official story, earned his bones and was named Knight of the British Empire by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.<br><br>So, what was he doing in London on 7-7?<br><br>Greg Nixon of 11InsideJobbers decided to find out. From a Jul 11, 2005 posting: I spoke with Giuliani’s press secretary to pose the following questions:<br><br>Giuliani Partners 5 Times Square 212-931-7300<br><br>Question: What was Rudolph Giuliani’s stated purpose of the London visit?<br><br>-She would only say it was for "business" . Question: Was he a paid/ unpaid consultant or a crisis manager for Visor Consultants in regards to a terror drill for an unnamed company as cited by a BBC Radio 5 interview 7/7/05?<br><br>Could not comment. there was nervous awkward silence. She then stated again "it (trip) was for business and that’s all the information I can give out" abruptly ended call..... The President of Visor confirmed that the "exercise" involved simultaneous bombings on the London Underground. <p></p><i></i>
quioxte

What WAS Guiliani 'assisting' in London?

Postby Starman » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:49 pm

-- and why have he and his staff been reluctant to discuss his role overseeing a terrorism drill if that's what he was doing, and IF there was nothing suspicious about that?<br><br>Could four young Muslim males have been hired to 'assist' in running a security drill?<br><br>Sure is hard to imagine bombers sticking-around for 3 individual timed bombs to explode. Or was the early reports of timed bombs be intended to deflect speculation that the bombs were actually cell-pnone triggered? Is there a chance the bombers didn't know what they were delivering? Is there a chance the 'bombers' weren't even on the scene, but pre-selected as fall-guys who were conveniently disappeared? If so, what chance would there be of any 'evidence' ever emerging if the false-flag operators were reasonably competant in doing their jobs?<br><br>Questions ...<br><br>As far as that goes, how many people ever read an early newspaper report that a Bali military official confessed to being involved in helping pull-off the Bali explosions, was questioned and amazingly released?<br><br>There were a LOT of unexplained oddities in that bombing also that killed Ausie citizens, pinned on the catch-all baf-guys: Al Qaeda extremists.<br><br>Questions ...<br>Starman <br>***<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=424">www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/...asp?ID=424</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>Bali bombing: An investigator's analysis <br>Robert S. Finnegan, The Jakarta Post - Jan 03, 2003<br><br>On October 12, 2002 the Indonesian island of Bali experienced a terrorist attack that rocked the world. It was unquestionably well-coordinated and executed, the largest in the country's history. <br><br>Investigators and forensics experts from both national and international teams that had quickly been assembled flocked to the crime scene, ostensibly to begin what should have been a long, drawn out exercise in forensics and investigative sleuthing to identify and capture the foot soldiers, coordinators and masterminds behind the attack that has left over 190 known dead, scores missing without a trace and hundreds more wounded. <br>It has turned out to be anything but that. <br><br>The Indonesian government immediately vowed to unite in the hunt for the bombers. The U.S. government along with the international community seized the opportunity to point the finger at the shadowy al-Qaeda group along with Muslim cleric Abu Bakar Ba'asyir as the culprits. <br><br>In hindsight, it would appear that perhaps these individuals, given their apparent intimate knowledge of the perpetrators immediately following the bombing should have been included on the investigating team. Perhaps if they had we would know more than we do today, which is very little despite the volume of information (or disinformation) being vomited out by the spokesmen for the investigative teams on a daily basis. <br><br>A creeping sense of foreboding began soon after the forensics people and other investigators (inclusive of Insp. Gen. I Made Pastika and his army of hundreds of supposedly top-notch investigators with virtually unlimited resources at their disposal) announced after only a week and a half that they were wrapping up their on-site work and retreating to the labs to analyze their findings. Astounding work, as it must have set a world record for crime scene forensic analysis. <br><br>Given the scope of the bombing and the sheer size of the primary and secondary blast areas - where trace from a plethora of different explosive compounds were swabbed from - this was a feat that escaped even the vaunted investigators working the World Trade Center crime scene in New York, who spent nearly a year literally sifting by hand for evidence at the site. It would appear that the teams on Bali possessed far superior skills and techniques ... or was there something else responsible for their haste in wrapping up so quickly and then sending the rest of the evidence as quickly as possible to the bottom of the ocean off Bali? <br><br>At this point in their investigation National Police Chief Gen. Da'i Bachtiar states for the record that "traces of a chemical powder used in the bomb" were found in the van allegedly used to transport the large device. What powder? Even a cursory examination of the crater and primary site immediately following the bombings would make this statement laughable were it not for the circumstances. <br><br>If indeed the Mitsubishi L300 van was used in the large blast, the five-foot deep by twenty-foot wide crater indicates that it would have been completely vaporized, including the engine block which they apparently found intact - along with the victims who instantly vanished. Indeed, this begs the question: Where did the investigators obtain this evidence in relation to the crater? <br><br>Is it possible that if the van survived the large blast it was because it was parked at the edge of the primary blast zone, packed with small amounts of all the explosives - whose traces were found at the sites - in order to throw off independent investigators? <br><br>In addition, there is the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), allegedly signed jointly by the National Police and the international investigation team, specifically restricting the scope of the "investigation links" and prohibiting international inquiries. Could this at least partially explain why Pastika has continually stonewalled, intimidated and generally obstructed independent investigators during the course of their work? <br><br>During the first weeks of the investigation, notables such as State Intelligence Agency (BIN) Chief Hendropriyono, Susilo Yudhoyono, Assembly Speaker Amien Rais and Pastika focused or pretended to focus on foreigners - without specifying "which" foreigners - who they said were behind the attack. Somehow this twisting, turning trail dried up and disappeared into thin air without explanation, along with the former retired Air Force Officer who allegedly confessed to police his involvement in the bombing and was then released. To this day his whereabouts remain unknown and police investigators either cannot or will not release any information on this man, an officer who was allegedly trained in America in explosives and is an incredible lead that should have been followed-up on aggressively and thoroughly. Why was it not? <br><br>Are these the statements and actions of professional investigators - or the actions of individuals engaged in a cover-up? <br><br>Let's look at the myriad of explosive traces found at the site and subsequently cited individually off and on by investigators and police as "the explosive" used in the bombings. <br><br>First it was C-4, then RDX. These two are actually the same, the difference being nine percent mallable plastic used in C-4. So, which is more powerful? RDX - nine percent more powerful than C-4. <br><br>Day after day, investigators trotted out a different explosive and combinations of explosives purportedly responsible for the blasts. In addition to C-4 and RDX there was now TNT, Ammonium Nitrate, HMX, Semtex, PETN, Chlorate and napalm. Everything but the kitchen sink. Was this gross ineptitude? Or another ploy to throw independent investigators off the trail? <br><br>For example, had the originators of the napalm theory studied up on the material before opening their mouths they would have known that napalm leaves a sticky, smelly residue on everything, including victims. This was not in evidence at the blast site or at the Sanglah burn ward and morgue, where the burn victims were taken. <br><br>Therefore, in the absence of any physical evidence, napalm must be excluded and the originators of this farce be awarded a grade of "F" in "explosives analysis." In other words, if you are going to lie, be professional about it at least know what you are lying about and have the mental capacity to remember what you said when you said it. <br><br>This single evidentiary template could easily be applied and extended to the entire "official investigation" of the Bali bombings where deceit, obstruction and obfuscation are and have been the name of the game. <br><br>To put this in perspective, let us look at three of the explosives claimed by official investigators to have been used in the bombings, starting with the compound that has the lowest velocity of detonation in feet per second (FPS) which is Potassium Chlorate at 3,500 FPS; compared to 12,000 FPS for Ammonium Nitrate and diesel and finally 27,800 FPS for RDX. <br><br>In simple terms, at any given distance from ground zero these different explosive compounds will exert pressure in pounds per square inch. Damage to people and structures are a result of this pressure in varying degrees depending on the velocity of detonation. Even if RDX were used, the amount needed to cause the level of destruction in evidence at the crime scene should have been in excess of anything available through even the military, who denied possession of the explosive. There is also the delivery of the device to be taken into account. <br><br>Each of the explosives cited by investigators (with the exception of napalm) have unique and individual characteristics that vary for usage, stability and explosive yield. They require specific detonators for each in order to obtain maximum effect. <br><br>Also now at the bottom of the ocean off Bali is the reinforcing bar (rebar) located more than fifty feet from ground zero that had been completely stripped of concrete as a result of the blast. Documented military estimates of the force required to accomplish this is roughly 1 million to 1.5 million pounds per square inch. <br><br>What kind of weapon or device could accomplish this? And for that matter leave a crater of that size? Why was it filled in? This arguably could have been one of the most important pieces of evidence available to investigators not only for the trace explosive in evidence, but from which also could have been determined (roughly) the size and composition of the device. <br><br>With the police claiming (off and on) that Amrozi, Mukhlas and Samudra (who allegedly at one point denied involvement in the Bali bombings) were the perpetrators of the blasts, then why do the official investigators not know EXACTLY the type of device used in the main bombing and its precise composition? To put it quite simply, how can we have a bomber or bombers in the absence of a bomb? <br><br>Why were Amrozi and Samudra so quick to confess and finger their "accomplices"? Were these the actions of dedicated, radical, Islamic fundamentalists? "Professionals"? Did they expect to further their cause by eviscerating their own organization? Does it make sense that they were willing to kill and maim hundreds of innocents - including many fellow Indonesians - and yet implicate their comrades to save their own skins? <br><br>Given this dismal investigative performance, exactly what role did the international investigating team play in this debacle? <br><br>If indeed there is one thing that has been glaringly apparent throughout this investigation, it is that perhaps nothing close to the truth has been told as of today. It is also apparent that something is very, very wrong not only with the procedural aspects of this case, but also with the suppression and outright destruction of evidence. The international investigators bear a heavy responsibility for this, and should be held accountable. <br>Jakarta Post Editor Robert S. Finnegan is an internationally published investigative reporter with over two decades investigative experience. He currently holds an Alaska (U.S.) Private Investigator license. <br>***<br>Timeline accompnies above article: <br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.thejakartapost.com/yesterdaydetail.asp?fileid=20030103.D07">www.thejakartapost.com/ye...030103.D07</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <br><br>Timetile: The Bali bombing, a comprehensive overview <br>National News - January 03, 2003 <br>The following timeline is excerpted from reports published in The Jakarta Post unless otherwise attributed. <br>[ more] <p></p><i></i>
Starman

I wonder if WTC in 93 was a terror drill?

Postby quioxte » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:45 pm

FBI told the guy to plant a live bomb?<br><br>Adds to the reality of the drill? <p></p><i></i>
quioxte

Globe and Mail...

Postby otherGeoff » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:49 pm

'A worried mother's telephone call helped police untangle bomb plot'<br><br>By Jill Mahoney<br><br>...<br>"Mr. Hussain, who is either 18 or 19 andhad become devoutly religious after visiting relatives in Pakistan, is supected of attempting to head north on the tube. Instead he took a bus, POSSIBLY BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM DISRUPTED TRAIND ON THE LINE EARLIER THAT MORNING." (my emphasis).<br><br>A few pieces pop out. The more time goes by, the fuzzier people will be on whether delays were Before or After the bombing.<br><br>Something is definitely not right about this.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
otherGeoff

Re: Globe and Mail...

Postby mourningdove » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:21 pm

<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05194/537014.stm">www.post-gazette.com/pg/05194/537014.stm</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Pittsburgh native vows to rebuild London Underground<br><br>Wednesday, July 13, 2005<br>By Cindi Lash, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette<br><br>His work day had barely started, but already Tim O'Toole was cranky.<br><br>Moments earlier, he'd learned that a train had broken down on one of the busiest lines of the London Underground, the massive subway system he oversees.<br><br>Striding to his office last Thursday morning, the Pittsburgh native groused to himself about resulting delays along the Underground's Northern Line, thinking "Oh God, this is going to be a nightmare."<br><br>Then, just before 9 a.m., his cell phone beeped, signaling the delivery of a text message and his first hint that something much more ominous had occurred deep within the Underground.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.britemb.org.il/News/met070705.html">British Embassy Tel Aviv-police report 7/7</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> QUESTION: The security level was actually lowered within the last month to its lowest level since 2001. Can you comment on that?<br><br>PADDICK: The security level was lowered slightly from the very highest, other than having specific information about a specific target. It is at its second highest level, and we felt that was appropriate in all the circumstances, bearing in mind all the intelligence that we were in possession of.<br><br>We're not going to start getting into risk threats or anything like that today. This is about actually telling you about the response to the operations. We appreciate if you could confine those questions to the response, the operation from the emergency services rather than the investigation stage. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> QUESTION: Can you tell me -- the rumors that a police sniper shot dead a suicide bomber at Canary Wharf (ph). Do you know anything about that?<br><br>PADDICK: We have no reports of any police sniper shooting at anybody today. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
mourningdove

Return to 7/7 London bombings