Shooting at Stockwell

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

So much for that excuse

Postby Dreams End » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:24 pm

Woops.<br><br>I had said the following (yes, I'm quoting myself):<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The ONLY justification for this would be that the man was wearing a bomb vest and was clearly about to detonate.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>guess this article below settles that.<br><br><br><br>'Man shot dead was not a bomber'<br>Saturday July 23 2005 00:00 IST<br><br>Reuters<br><br>LONDON: A man shot dead by police at a London Underground station on Friday was not one of the four bombers who tried to attack the city's transport system on Thursday, Sky Television reported citing security sources.<br><br>"This is what I am picking up from security sources that the man who was shot this (Friday) morning at Stockwell tube wasn't one of those four bombers that police are hunting," Sky reporter Martin Brunt said.<br><br>A spokesman for London's Metropolitan Police said only: "the gentleman shot at Stockwell today has yet to be identified, so it would be impossible to link him to anything at this stage."<br><br>Police shot the man a day after four attempted bomb attacks in London and 15 days after bombers killed more than 50 people in the British capital.<br><br>Police said the shooting was part of an operation directly linked to an "anti-terrorist" probe.<br><br>They said they were still looking for four men in connection with Thursday's attacks, which caused chaos but killed no one.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.newindpress.com/Newsitems.asp?ID=IEH20050722114819&Title=Top%20Stories&Topic=0">www.newindpress.com/Newsi...es&Topic=0</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Assassination

Postby antiaristo » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:06 pm

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>A spokesman for London's Metropolitan Police said only: "the gentleman shot at Stockwell today has yet to be identified, so it would be impossible to link him to anything at this stage."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Is this the British getting rid of someone who is no longer of use? Like the Egyptian guy kidnapped in Italy? Or perhaps the direct analogy is Brian Nelson?<br> <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Blog: View Blog (0)

Man shot was NOT wearing a bomb

Postby Peachtree Pam » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:55 am

This was posted on another thread...<br><br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,22989-1705147,00.html">www.timesonline.co.uk/art...47,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Peachtree Pam

Zymphora on the shooting

Postby Peachtree Pam » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:01 am

<br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://xymphora.blogspot.com/">xymphora.blogspot.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Peachtree Pam

Previous

Return to 7/7 London bombings