Cobra civil contingencies committee...UK Patriot Act

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Cobra civil contingencies committee...UK Patriot Act

Postby Emery » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:19 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4663369.stm">news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_po...663369.stm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Snip: <br>"The committee considers issues such as whether to invoke the powers contained in part two of the Civil Contingencies Act, which gives considerable extra powers in times of a serious emergency. <br><br>They were designed to cope with a far larger incidents than that which struck London on 7 July, particularly one involving chemical or radiological material, such as a nuclear "dirty bomb". <br><br>They would allow a minister to suspend sittings of Parliament if necessary and to declare a bank holiday to shut down businesses. <br><br>By executive decree, property could be destroyed or requisitioned, assemblies banned, freedom of movement limited, the Armed Forces mobilised and special courts set up to deal with suspects if it was felt another atrocity was planned." <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Emery

Blog: View Blog (0)

Sovereignty

Postby antiaristo » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:37 am

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>They would allow a minister to <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>suspend sittings of Parliament</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> if necessary and to declare a bank holiday to shut down businesses.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br>So what happened to our "Sovereign Parliament"?<br><br>Note "a minister" is actually a Minister of the Crown.<br><br>The dirty old slag is positioning herself to shut down Parliament if she so wishes.<br><br>But there are STILL clowns out there that buy the "chocolate box" image of Britain's royalty. Amazing. <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to 7/7 London bombings