'No public inquiry' into 7 July (BBC)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

'No public inquiry' into 7 July (BBC)

Postby scollon » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:40 pm

Just as well the British are too apathetic to care, otherwise there would be outrage !<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4526604.stm">news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4526604.stm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>The government is likely to reject calls for a public inquiry into the 7 July bomb attacks on London. <br>Ministers will instead publish a definitive account of what happened, the BBC has learned. <br><br>The account would include material gathered from intelligence agencies and evidence compiled by police. <br><br>The absence of a wider public inquiry is likely to anger Muslim community groups, who argue that it is essential to understanding what happened. <br><br>After the bombings there were calls for a public inquiry and, in September, the home secretary said it had not been ruled out. <br><br>But ministers felt it would divert attention and resources away from pressing security and community issues and take too long. <br><br>The government has acknowledged, however, that the public requires a complete picture about the events of 7 July and details about the four men who carried out the attacks. <br><br>The remit of the inquests into their deaths does not extend that far and the information will not emerge at a criminal trial - because there will not be one as the bombers are dead. <br><br>Instead, a senior civil servant will compile a narrative, drawing together intelligence and police material. <br><br>It is expected that the document will be submitted for publication to two Parliamentary committees which are conducting their own inquiries. <br><br>The attacks by four suicide bombers on three Tube trains and a bus killed 52 people and injured hundreds. <br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
scollon

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hymn number ....

Postby slimmouse » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:57 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>After the bombings there were calls for a public inquiry and, in September, the home secretary said it had not been ruled out.<br><br>But ministers <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>felt it would divert attention and resources away from pressing security and community issues</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> and take too long<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br> It seems Blair and Bush have Identical songsheets.<br><br> Pathetic is what it is. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=slimmouse@rigorousintuition>slimmouse</A> at: 12/13/05 7:05 pm<br></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: 'No public inquiry' into 7 July (BBC)

Postby antiaristo » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:03 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Instead, a senior civil servant will compile a narrative, drawing together intelligence and police material.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><br>So nothing sworn under oath.<br>It's becoming a familiar story, no?<br><br>David Kelly<br>"Lady Di"<br><br>And for my next prediction....<br><br>Jean charles de Menezes.<br><br>PS Hey, Qutb. You still say it was the terrorists wot did it? <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

It's deja vu...

Postby manxkat » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:29 am

... all over again. <p></p><i></i>
manxkat

Here we go again

Postby HMKGrey » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:48 am

Christ! It's getting out of hand. The Brits used to have some bottle but now they're letting Bliar steal their country from under their noses. <br><br>I'm starting to think we are truly fucked. <p></p><i></i>
HMKGrey

Return to 7/7 London bombings