Welcome to Political, Greatest RI Threads Forums

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Welcome to Political, Greatest RI Threads Forums

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:53 pm

Under Greatest RI Threads you will find two new forums, for High Weirdness and Political.

It is understood that these two categories are extremely loose. The names are not so important. Most threads here are either High Weirdness or Political, or both.

This is a game. It is a low-stakes experiment.

It is meant to liven things up a bit. Let's see how it goes.

Here are the rules to the game:

1. Please do not start new threads in either of these two forums. Thank you.

2. You can play if you have been an active member for at least one year, and have at least 200 posts of your own.

3. You can nominate (for now) up to THREE threads as greatest RI threads. That means three cumulative, not three each but three total for both of the two forums. No more than that, please. (We can expand this later if people are having fun with the whole thing.)

4. Nominated threads must be at least TWO YEARS OLD.

5. To nominate, bump a thread and say you've nominated it. Specify either High Weirdness or Politics.

6. Moderators will move your nominee to the specified forum.

7. Voila. Everyone else gets to see what you think is the greatest. We are all treated to RI's best material (or not).

8. The threads will remain LIVE.

9. This is supposed to be fun, so please don't take the game part too seriously (e.g., the categories or the rules).

10. You can take the discussion part as seriously as ever, and reply to these threads with your usual wit and charm. That's kind of the idea.

11. Yes, of course you can nominate a thread that you started.

To get this started, I've thrown one thread I thought was pretty good into each of the two forums. Under these initial rules I am also limited to three.

Thanks everyone!

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Welcome to Political, Greatest RI Threads Forums

Postby Elvis » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:29 pm

The thread that changed my life. :shock:

Political: Modern Monetary Theory

“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:45 pm

Can't argue with you when you say it changed your life! WOW!

I was thinking this is for older threads, but I defer to whatever people want. Long as the threads are at least a year old.

Just everyone, especially if it is something really old, propose it for Greatest by bumping the thread in question. That makes it much easier to move it (due to another peculiarity of phpBB sofware).

In this case, Elvis, you actually have the POWER to move it yourself. Shall you do the honors?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Elvis » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:54 pm

JackRiddler wrote:In this case, Elvis, you actually have the POWER to move it yourself. Shall you do the honors?

Oh yeah! :rofl2

But on the other hand, I'm fine with the MMT thread as a stand-alone GD topic. My nomination can just be considered a bump. Also, more classic threads for Political generally have the plus of broader participation.

In any case, at the moment I'm just getting back online after a computer repair, checking logins etc.; I'll think about the question.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Return to Political