Laurel Canyon

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Laurel Canyon

Postby American Dream » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Good stuff on the early L.A. psychedelic scene here.
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby OpLan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:10 am

Let me break this gently: Dave Mcgowan does conspiritard cliches, not research.
OpLan

Postby utopiate » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:38 am

The Consul wrote:Tripping introduced to the supposedly Suzy Creamcheese while the looking for Cousin Jimmy not wanting to be part of any scene because in the end all is ruled by the big Phony. Only because we had liberated more than 20,000 hits of orange sunshine from an evidence locker somewhere in the treasure state. Gary said he knew the CIA guy since he could recognize them since his brother was basically one of them having gone from the Montana smoke jumpers to do the secret war in Laos with the Hmong and it was his bogus pokus in Amsterdam during some big protest against the fascist or was it the communists when he blabbed the wrong thing to the wrong plant. He told me that when I looked in the mirror and recognized my face but not my skin that it was natural as was when I recognized my personality but rejected my identity.

But Cousin Jimmy had said he had found a way out from revelations made at the Round River experiment that included time travel and conscious transmigration through the proper reading of John Milton’s “Samson Agonistes hah hah”. Everything was insane everything was coming off the hook but what was being revealed beside the hideous nature of civilized hierarchy was the possibility of something else which the Big Phony caught on to right away. Cousin Jimmy said elevating rock and roll over jazz was the first step in the crush of the revolution and that he himself had foiled the plot to assassinate Herbert Marcuse.

I was with him and KL when they threw all those guns and boom boom off the Aurora Bridge and KL predicted crips crack and bloods splish splash bath of blood. And as they fell and splunked to the same place where the only leaper who had ever survived (a catholic nun of the Blessed Virgin Mary) he said, ‘don’t trust anyone who says it’s all about the music, cause it isn’t, it fucking isn’t.’

Looking back I don’t think she was really Creamy SiouxCheese and we never so much as unloaded anything as we simply lost it, you know, we let it go since everything dissolves along the way.

If you can dig it.

Nice!
utopiate

Postby hanshan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:29 am

utopiate wrote:
The Consul wrote:Tripping introduced to the supposedly Suzy Creamcheese while the looking for Cousin Jimmy not wanting to be part of any scene because in the end all is ruled by the big Phony. Only because we had liberated more than 20,000 hits of orange sunshine from an evidence locker somewhere in the treasure state. Gary said he knew the CIA guy since he could recognize them since his brother was basically one of them having gone from the Montana smoke jumpers to do the secret war in Laos with the Hmong and it was his bogus pokus in Amsterdam during some big protest against the fascist or was it the communists when he blabbed the wrong thing to the wrong plant. He told me that when I looked in the mirror and recognized my face but not my skin that it was natural as was when I recognized my personality but rejected my identity.

But Cousin Jimmy had said he had found a way out from revelations made at the Round River experiment that included time travel and conscious transmigration through the proper reading of John Milton’s “Samson Agonistes hah hah”. Everything was insane everything was coming off the hook but what was being revealed beside the hideous nature of civilized hierarchy was the possibility of something else which the Big Phony caught on to right away. Cousin Jimmy said elevating rock and roll over jazz was the first step in the crush of the revolution and that he himself had foiled the plot to assassinate Herbert Marcuse.

I was with him and KL when they threw all those guns and boom boom off the Aurora Bridge and KL predicted crips crack and bloods splish splash bath of blood. And as they fell and splunked to the same place where the only leaper who had ever survived (a catholic nun of the Blessed Virgin Mary) he said, ‘don’t trust anyone who says it’s all about the music, cause it isn’t, it fucking isn’t.’

Looking back I don’t think she was really Creamy SiouxCheese and we never so much as unloaded anything as we simply lost it, you know, we let it go since everything dissolves along the way.

If you can dig it.

Nice!

yeah...

hanshan

Home Invasion

Postby IanEye » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:30 pm

Ben’s new patient, Bianca, is there for more than just trying to figure out what her nightmares mean.
She explains that she dreams she’s in an elevator that gets stuck between floors and when she tries to escape, it ends up chopping off her legs.
As the session ends, she shares, “I think I’m just afraid of being cut in half.” This foreshadows other events in the episode.

Thinking she has gone home, Ben makes a phone call to Mrs. Langdon, Tate’s mother, to explain why it is no longer appropriate for him to treat Tate in his home.
He turns around and sees that Bianca has followed him into the kitchen and taken notice of where they keep their cell phones. Her interest in the home is all too suspicious.

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby annie aronburg » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:17 am

Frank's Wife on her forum wrote:... What is true is that Frank Zappa's music should NOT be exploited by anyone who does not pay the rights-holders for the USE of the music. That is not Frank Zappa's idea of a good time - nor is it mine. I have not forgotten who played in FZ's bands - and better that some of them should not forget their enjoyment of the perks of their employment opportunities!!! But, Roy has his nerve complaining about FZ in interviews now and if I catch another example I will officially go on record for what he has never taken responsibility for and remind him that we did not report him to the police all those years ago.

Former Frank Zappa bassist imprisoned, again, for child molestation

By Mitch Mitchell

mitchmitchell@star-telegram.com

FORT WORTH — A founding member of the band Little Feat who also played bass for Frank Zappa will serve 25 years for molesting a child younger than 14 over an extended period, the Tarrant County district attorney's office said.

Roy Ralph Estrada, who performed with Zappa's The Mothers of Invention, abused the female family member in Tarrant County after he was released from a California prison for another child abuse case.

Estrada, 68, is being temporarily housed at the J. Middleton prison unit near Abilene. He pleaded guilty in January to a charge of continuous sexual abuse of a child.

"The victim's family was unaware that he was a convicted sex offender,” Melody McDonald, spokeswoman for the Tarrant district attorney's office, said in an email.

"Estrada was sentenced to 25 years in a plea bargain agreement and is not eligible for parole. He will be 93 years old before he is released from prison."

On Dec. 9, 1994, Estrada was convicted in Orange County, Calif., of the felony offense of committing a lewd act with a child, according to records from the Tarrant County district attorney’s office.

After he served his six-year sentence, he reconnected with his family in Texas, McDonald said. He was indicted on the new charge in March 2008.

Zappa, a musical innovator described by The New York Times as rock’s most committed iconoclast, died at his Los Angeles home at age 52 in 1993.

The stage shows of his band, the Mothers of Invention, were renowned for precise musicianship and uninhibited, sometimes scatological humor, his Times obituary said.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/02/22 ... rylink=cpy

I wonder how many of Mr Estrada's sexual assaults could have been prevented by someone stepping in all those years ago?

Then there's Napoleon...

http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/ResultDetails ... EC0F0C5A79
annie aronburg

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:48 pm

A bit old ('08) if interesting series on Manson that intersects with the Laurel canyon stuff.

http://xdell.blogspot.com/search/label/Helter%20Skelter

Always interesting to read this material thru new eyes. Hollywood nineteen sixty-nine was high weirdness. I doubt we will ever reach the bottom of that particular lagomorph-produced pit. It is an endless conspiracy gold mine.

What is the old canard? Anybody who was really there remembers [i]nothing[/] about those days, presumably because of the (CIA supplied) drugs...
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby sunny » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:57 pm

The Consul wrote:Doubtless the FBI and perhaps other intelligence forces penetrated Laurel Canyon scene. That doesn't make FZ their patsy. If the feds could have paid informants hanging out in Amsterdam to get high with American "hippies" (most of whom were from upper middle class or upper class families) the expense of developing a snitch culture in the music business was not only possible, but likely, becaue, besides a dozen or so college campuses, it was the breeding ground for a culture of dissent. Intersting facts are brought out, then forced connections made to support the theory. If they infiltrated and manipulated to the same extent as the Panthers then focus on that rather than selectively concentrated on individuals who's fathers were connected to the military industrial complex (all who were from the highest mobilized generation in US history to fight in the war effort against the axis powers). Jimi Hendrix and Jerry Garcia were both former soliders who avoided direct criticism of the military. They were not stooges any more than LC crowd. FZ was a lot of things, some brilliant an mind boggling, others self obsessed and tragic....but he was no war monger. He didn't like getting high. He detested any kind of conformity, including non-conformist conformity.

But there definitely were stooges from that era....for sure

I really don't think we're looking at a culture of stooges, I think we're looking at an engineered enclave of mind-controlled slaves. Why does the MIC create MC slaves? 1. To further ideological objectives [spies, couriers, provocateurs] and 2. To make a profit off the backs of innocent victims. [performers, prostitutes, drug dealers/couriers] Some of these performers had no business being IN the music business, yet there they were making tons of money. And some of them, while they were toiling away in the biz making tons of money, a lot of which was siphoned off by mysterious CIA connected handlers, were dealing and/or running drugs at the same time. Activities for which they were routinely allowed to escape justice. :shrug:

And who do the spooks usually use in their dirty little MC operations? Their own children. Just ask Joan Baez.
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby justdrew » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:39 am

a mention above got me googling... Never heard of this before... some interesting links follow... I wonder if Roger Dunsmore's ever seen RI? :shrug:

full text of The Round River Experiment: Learning, Community, and the Absence of Authority by Richard Allen Chapman

what the heck is this: FB's been scraping some old databases?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Round-River-Experiment-funded-by-the-Ford-Foundation/144476332283667
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

you once thought of me as a white knight on a steed

Postby IanEye » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:43 pm

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Elihu » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:37 pm

But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Elihu

Postby utopiate » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:52 pm

A little side tangent from the story at hand.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/hitlers ... zi-empire/

HITLER’S POSH HOLLYWOOD HIDEOUT! TINSELTOWN WOULD HAVE BEEN DER FÜHRER’S CHOICE HQ TO RUN HIS NAZI EMPIRE

Imagine a Golden Age Red Carpet: Sofia Loren, Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart and … Adolf Hitler. Were America to ever capitulate to Nazi control, the Hollywood Hills would have been der Führer’s choice place of residence. Best of all, he wouldn’t have had to deal with the uptight Los Angeles real estate markets, since Hollywood Fascists had already built him a mansion. The Dictator’s home still stands today, though a remnant of its former glory. And it wont be there for long.

<snip>

Earlier this year, the remnants of the house were deemed ‘unhistorical’ by the Los Angeles Parks Commission and the property is to be demolished and turned into a picnic place for hikers in the Hollywood Hills.
utopiate

Postby utopiate » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:20 pm

utopiate

Postby 82_28 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:09 pm

Sage Stallone, son of actor Sylvester Stallone, dies in L.A.

LOS ANGELES (AP) – The 36-year-old son of Sylvester Stallone was found dead Friday, leaving the actor grief-stricken, his publicist said.

Authorities were investigating Sage Stallone's death, but details were not immediately available.

"Sylvester Stallone is devastated and grief-stricken over the sudden loss of his son," publicist Michelle Bega said in a statement. "His compassion and thoughts are with Sage's mother, Sasha."

Los Angeles police said they were dispatched to investigate a death at a home on Mulholland Terrace around 2:15 p.m. but could not confirm the person's identity or offer details.

Coroner's officials also said they were in the initial investigative stages.

"Sage was a very talented and wonderful young man, his loss will be felt forever," Bega said.

George Braunstein, an attorney who has represented Sage Stallone for 15 years, said a housekeeper found his body Friday afternoon. Friends and acquaintances had become concerned because they hadn't heard from Stallone in the past day, Braunstein said.

Sage Moonblood Stallone was the oldest of Sylvester Stallone's children and co-starred with his father in two films. He was the first of two sons Stallone had with first wife Sasha Czack.

Sage Stallone made his acting debut in 1990's Rocky V and also appeared with his father in 1996's Daylight.

Also in 1996, Sage Stallone and veteran film editor Bob Murawski co-founded Grindhouse Releasing, a company dedicated to preserving and promoting the B-movies and exploitation films of the 1970s and 80s.

"He was very respectful of all the actors in all the movies," Braunstein said. "You couldn't mention a movie that he didn't know everything about."

Sage Stallone also directed the 2006 short Vic, which screened at the Palm Springs Film Festival.

Braunstein said Stallone was planning on getting married for the first time, and had frequent requests to work on films.

"He was a full of life filmmaker with his whole future ahead of him," Braunstein said. "He was just very up and enthusiastic and positive.

"I think it was probably some sort of accident," he said of the death.

Braunstein said Sage Stallone greatly admired his father but was working hard to make his own name in the film industry.

"He was very proud of his father and proud to be his father's son," Braustein said.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/obi ... 56208714/1

Just a block off Laurel Canyon Blvd. . .

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&clie ... p&ie=UTF-8

New Stallone film coming out soon -- EXPENDABLES 2.

See if anyone can tease some shit out of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expendables_2
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:04 am

Someone riddle me this. . .

Why is Los Angeles the only city, besides perhaps "DC" in America that is appropriately referred to by its initials?

Ellay.

The Ellsee.

I dunno. Just something else to randomly think about.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to High Weirdness