UFO event in Norway

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby justdrew » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:17 pm

barracuda wrote:
justdrew wrote:
Barracuda wrote:It is strange that in every single picture, the plane of the spiral disk seems to be directly perpendicular to the line of sight of the photographer.

that may be because it's spherical

There is no such thing as a three-dimensional sphere internally constructed in such a way that all observers of the object perceive it as a spiral presented in perfect perpendicularity to the eyeline. At least not that I can come up with. And it's easy to see why not, if you think about it for a little while. A spiral is a planar object, which can be mapped onto other three dimensional shapes, but cannot extend outwardly in all directions like a geometric solid such as a sphere or a symmetrical polyhedra might.

if not, seems like they're all taken from around the same town, so it may just be that all the shots are taken from nearly the same spot, relative to it's distance. and about the distance... how huge does that disk need to be I wonder?

I would normally be fine with that idea, but the coincidence of the perpendicular planar alignment with the only town or area from which the object could be seen is just a bit too neat without some explanation of the why.

Why, why, why?

yeah I agree but for the spherical suggestion I was thinking more that it was a matter of concentric shells, but yeah, that would only make for concentric circles, not a spiral. The visual disk must be a cone shape though as I doubt the missile just stopped moving... but if so the center of that cone must still be pointed right toward where most/all of these pics are coming from... which doesn't make sense as the cone should follow the track of the blue path of assent... the white-ish spiral should be a corkscrew extension of the blue I would expect.

that gizmodo animation was interesting, but I'm fairly sure these are solid fuel rockets, and it doesn't do anything for showing geometrically how this works. The mystery still remains for me...
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:04 pm

barracuda wrote:There is no such thing as a three-dimensional sphere internally constructed in such a way that all observers of the object perceive it as a spiral presented in perfect perpendicularity to the eyeline.

:adore: You took the words right out of my mouth.

Really, though, this is a great thread. I was (lazily) more-or-less convinced by the "rocket-testing" hypothesis, but the longer this discussion goes on, the less plausible that explanation appears. I just don't see how an out-of-control missile could produce a spiral so

a) huge;

b) perfectly symmetrical;

c) (as you say) ideally presented to the sole observers.

Then that neat and tidy division of the colours. Et cetera.

So when are some more photos & films finally going to turn up - from northern Sweden, Finland or Russia, for instance? Or from elsewhere in Norway? After all, this extraordinary "display" went on for several minutes. Even in such thinly populated areas, hundreds of people must have had time to grab their cameras or camera-phones.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby beeline » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:11 pm

MacC wrote:So when are some more photos & films finally going to turn up - from northern Sweden, Finland or Russia, for instance? Or from elsewhere in Norway? After all, this extraordinary "display" went on for several minutes. Even in such thinly populated areas, hundreds of people must have had time to grab their cameras or camera-phones.

That's the huge hole in this event for me also.

What I saw back in '86 was, apparantly, visible for hundreds of miles, so long as you had a clear sky and an unobstructed view.

So I would think, if this had been a missile test gone awry, far more people across a greater distance would have seen it/filmed it.
beeline

Postby brainpanhandler » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:14 pm

barracuda wrote: Well that's a good point, brain - a Catherine Wheel needs to be nailed to a post in order to produce a planar exhibit. So the "missile" must have been very nearly motionless along the z-axis to achieve the effect it did.

Thanks for saving my sanity here, although I have to wonder why it took us seven pages to question this.

barracuda wrote:I think I need to check out the computer simulation again.

Ha.

barracuda wrote:On reviewing the Daily Mail's first video, it does seem as if the spiral is seen at a more on-edge, oblique angle in that one, less perpendicular to the plane.

So that's not just my imagination.

justdrew wrote:The mystery still remains for me...

Yah, I'm practically back to square effing one on this.

My pm to penguin is just sitting in my outbox at the moment. I blame penguin. I'll bet he has something to do with this.
brainpanhandler

Postby barracuda » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:24 pm

Right. Fucking Penguin did it.

The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby psynapz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:17 pm

According to the Space.com article:
Space.com wrote:Banbury said he saw the lights on his way to work between 7:50 and 8:00 a.m. local time, or 1:50 and 2:00 a.m. EST (0650 and 7000 GMT).

I'm sure by 7000 they meant 0700, since 7000 hours is larger than 2400 which is the end of the day. So anyway, the incident occurred December 9, 2009 @ 0650-0700 UT (Norway is UT+1).

Richard Hoagland has already posted about this, including some striking images worth checking out. Can anyone source the Russian military's initial denial Hoagland references, or for that matter, the official (i.e., non-anonymous) admission of the missile test? Because all I'm seeing is anonymous sources, but perhaps I'm looking at the wrong sites.

The most interesting thing he mentions is the nearby EISCAT facility in Ramfjordmoen (so close by it's called the Tromso facility), whic includes VHF and UHF antenna arrays, plus:
EISCAT wrote:In addition to the incoherent scatter radars, EISCAT also operates an Ionospheric Heater facility at Ramfjordmoen (including a Dynasonde) to support various active plasma physics experiments in the high latitude ionosphere.

That's HAARP technology, straight up, no WOO. This Tromso facility even looks roughly like the Gakona, Alaska facility:

(from http://www.dcs.lancs.ac.uk/~kavanaaj/campaign.html)

Their Heating facility page describes it in more detail:
EISCAT wrote:The Heating facility is situated next to the UHF and VHF incoherent scatter radars.
[...]
The Heater is used for ionospheric modification experiments applying high-power transmissions of high-frequency electro-magnetic waves to study plasma parameters in the ionosphere. The name Heating stems from the fact that these high power electromagnetic waves, which are transmitted into the ionosphre with high-gain atennas, heat the electrons and thus modify the plasma state. To create plasma turbulence, the transmitted frequencies have to be close to the plasma resonances, which are 4 to 8 MHz.

Facing directly East from Tromso, the EISCAT facility is to the southeast:

Compared with the phenomena (facing East or Southeast -- can anyone confirm this? I couldn't):

I mean, holy shit, right? But correlation ain't causation, kiddies... so let's continue:

EISCAT keeps a detailed and searchable experiment schedule, which is only good insofar as an experiment is officially scheduled before they run it, of course. According to the operating instructions page for the Dynasonde, they capture data with UT (GMT) timestamps, so all times should be safely assumed to be UT.

Anyway, according to the schedule, the UHF system ran for 4 days straight from 12/7 to 12/11, which probably doesn't mean anything, but the VHF and Heater ran on 12/9 from 0700-1000, which encompasses most of the phenomena's observation window insofar as that one witness Banbury was concerned. Here's some details:
EISCAT schedule wrote:Contact: Antti Kero <antti.kero@sgo.fi> +358442894669
Description: Meteor Dust studies with VHF and Heater
Notes: TEQUILAsunrise (Transient Effects Quantification Under Ionospheric Low Angle sunrise). The idea is to
look at the polar wintertime mesophere through the transient
caused by (scattered) sunrise around 8 UT. Interestingly, this happens to
be the maximum occurence time of the Polar Mesosphere Winter Echoes (PMWE).

Which, to me, doesn't sound terribly relevant to this phenomena, but we at least know the ionospheric heater was operational during the phenomenon. This experiment could have been a good cover for it, or it could all be a coincidence.

In addition to the schedule, there's also a log (which apparently anyone can submit to without authentication) intended for experimenters to record their on-site work as conducted rather than as scheduled. The log for Dec 9 has a gap between 2 AM and 6:52, then between 6:58 and 8:28 when the 6:52 experiment is stopped, so I tend not to think these logs line up with the phenomenon.

Considering the amount of aurora photos they take with their antennas in the foreground, it's possible but unlikely to me that nobody at EISCAT noticed this apparition and if they did, I would think it would have been worth noting here or somewhere, you know, just in case, but their procedures might dictate otherwise, who knows.

I also don't see a big correlation with the published Ionograms (with polarization in color) or Skymaps (with doppler in color) for that day.

Perhaps someone on the PDF list of contacts for the facility (Tromso at bottom) saw the phenomenon and can comment on it, but the time I spent barking up this tree has vastly exceeded my sleuthing budget for the day, so I leave it to another more eloquent and charming researcher or gonzo internet journalist to work this angle without me.

But just to put things back into perspective:

a no-shit HAARP-derivative ionospheric heater was in operation at the time of the phenomenon.
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby barracuda » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:38 pm

That's pretty interesting, psynaps. However, Hoagland is kind of a dork. A massive "torsion interferometry weapon"? What the hell does that mean? The term "torsion weapon" seems like nothing but a dog whistle to Hoagland's devoted followers designed to prick up their ears.

All we need now is a Nazi scientist provenance attached to the story and we can stick the fork in.
barracuda

Postby justdrew » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:44 pm

probably unrelated, but on 9/9 nasa released Casini's confirmation that Saturn's hexagon is still there, it's been unobserved for 30 years, but it's still there...

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby jingofever » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:51 pm

justdrew wrote:probably unrelated, but on 9/9 nasa released Casini's confirmation that Saturn's hexagon is still there, it's been unobserved for 30 years, but it's still there...

It is sort of related since psynapz brought up Hoagland. The Saturn hexagon is yet another example of hyperdimensional torsion physics.
jingofever

Postby Maddy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Oh, no. :( You guys are so smart! You've lost me now! Is there a way to explain this in "For Dummies" terminology so I can follow?
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:11 pm

Maddy wrote:Oh, no. :( You guys are so smart! You've lost me now! Is there a way to explain this in "For Dummies" terminology so I can follow?

Finnish RI-regular Penguin has gone into spiral orbit around a hyperdimensional Scandinavian black hole, probably under the influence of illegal drugs.

HTH.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby nathan28 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:19 pm

@bph: I wasn't implying that you came to your conclusion after watching the cartoon, but I would have felt remiss not lampooning it. That, and people like you are more amenable to, you know, discussion than HMWs's "physics!" crap.

----

My own thoughts were that it easily could be a rocket spinning--and not necessarily a malfunction, but after looking at some the recent posts here I don't know.

When I first saw it I thought it could have been an "atmospheric" phenomenon like a sundog, of which I've seen several, so there are stranger things in the sky than we might imagine, then I came across the rocket suggestion and thought that could be plausible (though I by no means consider it "conclusive"), and really wish someone had interviewed the guys who launched said hypothetical rocket--I would find that more conclusive than that damn cartoon.

I'd like to believe the HAARP angle, too, and that would prob. be an "atmospheric phenomenon" of the militarized sort, but Richard Hoaglund is a tool and a synarchist stooge: "It's obviously the return of the Great White Hyperborean Brotherhood from Atlantis to ENSLAVE THE NIG--I mean, ENLIGHTEN US!"

I am actually agnostic on it right now, and don't really care enough not to be. Not because I'm "trying different '"reality tunnels"'" (middle finger to RA Wilson, the thinking middle-brow's thinker (can you believe I actually read those books?)). But because, well, so what ...sadly, unless I find out this was a band of pranksters fucking with everyone, a DIY psyop, I just don't care that much. If it is, I'll take heart.

Man, I wish I had more drugs here at home. Instead I'm just stuck here editing and looking at photos of Rachel Uchitel, thinking "what's the big deal about another New Jersey princess?" and find myself kind of disappointed in Wood's extra-vanilla vanilla tastes. I'm sure all those girls are really, really interesting to talk to after an eight-hour Ambien amnesiac sex session ("where am i?"). And if your childhood princess fantasies are fulfilled after nailing a billionaire, is life worth living? And hyperdimensional torsion is only really important if it can cure Elin Nordregen's herpes (via T. Woods).
Last edited by nathan28 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
„MAN MUSS BEFUERCHTEN, DASS DAS GANZE IN GOTTES HAND IST"

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby barracuda » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:20 pm

jingofever wrote:The Saturn hexagon is yet another example of hyperdimensional torsion physics.

What exactly is the relationship between "signatures of hyperdimensionality" and standing wave structures in that Hoagland article? He throws that word out there as if it makes sense, but it doesn't in that context.

My understanding of torsion physics is that it is simply a fancy means of referring to "twisting" effects and is essentially pure pseudoscientific mumbo-jumbo.
Last edited by barracuda on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barracuda

Postby lightningBugout » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:22 pm

HAARP-derivative ionospheric (t)heater
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

Postby Maddy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:28 pm

MacCruiskeen wrote:
Maddy wrote:Oh, no. :( You guys are so smart! You've lost me now! Is there a way to explain this in "For Dummies" terminology so I can follow?

Finnish RI-regular Penguin has gone into spiral orbit around a hyperdimensional Scandinavian black hole, probably under the influence of illegal drugs.

HTH.

That explains everything. Image
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

PreviousNext

Return to High Weirdness