UFO event in Norway

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: UFO event in Norway

Postby Nordic » Sun May 23, 2010 12:48 pm

Holy shit!

:shock:

Things are getting VERY weird here on planet Earth.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby 82_28 » Sun May 23, 2010 1:16 pm

HOLY FUCKING SHIT?!?!?!?

Is that fucking real?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Sun May 23, 2010 1:21 pm

No_Baseline wrote:

http://www.theweatherspace.com/news/05- ... anada.html

The Weather Channel is showing this video...it's out of Western Canada, so is HAARP out of the question?

Three different photographers have given their photos to TheWeatherSpace.com in what looks like something out of a science fiction movie. We cannot see what would cause this one Earth. The Norway spiral was said to be caused by a missile launch in the Russian territory. But what is this?

The Weather Channel is showing it for sure? The URL is theweatherspace.com. But the weatherchannel itself is showing this?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sun May 23, 2010 1:35 pm

I think this is a hoax. I'm looking, looking. Nothing so far.
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sun May 23, 2010 1:42 pm

99% sure by now a total hoax.
82_28

Postby ilyinternet » Sun May 23, 2010 1:58 pm

82_28 wrote:99% sure by now a total hoax.

how come?

I noticed on the youtube channel they state "A news network for weather, space, science, entertainment, and politics. We showcase related stories and videos to get them viral as well - TWS"

which kinda sucks :(
ilyinternet

Postby Gouda » Sun May 23, 2010 2:04 pm

C'mon. That's so obviously fake.

And quickly looking for news reports on this around British Columbia... Nothing.
Gouda

Postby No_Baseline » Sun May 23, 2010 3:10 pm

charlie brown.jpg

Aaaarggghh - sorry, should have researched it a little further...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No_Baseline

Postby Nordic » Sun May 23, 2010 3:19 pm

Hm, the video didn't play well on my laptop (it's an older model). Been meaning to look at it on my desktop which is pretty much state of the art but haven't had a chance yet.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Sun May 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Hoax or not, there is something about the idea of these spirals of light in the sky, and perhaps the spiral design in general, that speaks to something deep in the collective unconcious. At least, I think it does. It does to me.

Spirals feature prominently, whether as decoration, spiritual symbol, or astronomical observation, in every form of ancient art from the Australian Aboriginal to the Norse, Celtic, and, obviously, Meditteranean. Has there ever been a culture on Earth that didn't carve spirals on rock during it's stone age temple building phase? No one's found one yet. Norse and Celtic warriors also often painted spirals on their bodies (in blue woad) before going into battle.

While over in Malta, I saw enough prehistoric spiral carvings (on temples that pre-date Stonehenge by quite some way) to turn me into an Ancient Astronaut theorist. Well, no, not really, but it was interesting.

The ones below are a bit weathered, and not too clear. Pic was taken at the temple of Ggigantijja on Malta's sister-island of Gozo (it's believed that the two islands were joined together by a land bridge in the era when the numerous megalithic temples were built - explaining how, if not why, the detachable heads from many of the statues on Gozo were found preserved in temples on Malta...)

So these are from Ggigantijja, the oldest free-standing structure on earth, located on Gozo.

And these are from the temple at Tarxien, older than Stonehenge and the Giza pyramids, on Malta:

These are from, uh, the museum.

Some of the carved rocks in the museum were actually taken from the Hypogeum of Hal-Salfieni, which is a whole barrel of weirdness unto itself.

But thinking about spirals, pre-history, and what it could all mean, reminded me of Jeffrey Dahmer's youth.

Here's why:

With David Borsvold ... he found an interest they could share. Both boys were fascinated with geology and pre-history. They collected rocks and sought out pictures of dinosaurs.

...After a while, Jeff knew David well enough to bring him into a part of his private little world. In his solitary moments, which were frequent, he had dreamt up a game involving stick men and spirals. The stick men were spindly figures who would be annihilated if they came too close to one another, as each boy manipulated his little army. The spirals were tightly drawn, intensely imagined symbols of descent, whose ultimate destination was a black hole. He called the game "Infinity Land." He was about nine years old at the time, and must not be creditted with any major concept [of what his game meant] but it is alarming that he should have used such a name for this childish exercise...

...We cannot know whence the boy dredged this curious game; we can only conjecture, and must do so. The drawings clearly betray an airless personality, suffocating and introverted, positively trapped. Dahmer fantasized about Infinity Land for years, enjoying it by himself, telling nobody. Later, he shared it only with David, who joined innocently in a game which was preparing for the destruction of a personality. David was the first person ever to enter into Dahmer's fantasy life, albeit merely at the edge. He was also the last to do so voluntarily.

Brian Masters, The Shrine of Jeffrey Dahmer, pg. 37-38 (no online link, sorry)"

I don't know. Sounds like Dahmer was an imaginative kid who liked drawing and learning about things to me, but Brian Masters clearly has a book to sell.

Come to think of it, though, Dahmer also painted spirals on the skulls of some of his victims, the ones he intended to use for his "shrine."

It was "a place for meditation, where I could feel I was drawing power from an outside source ... I was trying to get in contact with the spirits."

Jeffrey Dahmer let slip one relevant remark in his conversation with Judith Becker (after his capture). "Maybe I was born too late," he said. "Maybe I was an Aztec."

The book even talks a fair bit about the Windigo phenomenon in relation to Dahmer's cannibalism, but that's kind of off the topic from wondering about our new (or ancient) Spiral Overlords.

Last edited by AhabsOtherLeg on Sun May 23, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby ilyinternet » Sun May 23, 2010 5:15 pm

cool thought provoking post ahabs, thanks! Weirdly too, the canadian bus beheader story from last year (?) was propelled to the top 5 most read stories on the bbc website today.
ilyinternet

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Sun May 23, 2010 5:29 pm

Thanks ilyinternet. I noticed the bus beheader being thrown to the top of the BBC list as well - worried for a moment that it might be some kind of signal for a 'sequel event', but then thought I was just being daft. I hope I was.

Posted about it here... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19576&start=120

Welcome to the board, btw!
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby justdrew » Sun May 23, 2010 5:51 pm

fake. weatherspace.com ? normally that would be spaceweather.com

someone's making themselves some internet advertising money with their typosquating site.

AhabsOtherLeg wrote:Thanks ilyinternet. I noticed the bus beheader being thrown to the top of the BBC list as well - worried for a moment that it might be some kind of signal for a 'sequel event', but then thought I was just being daft. I hope I was.

Posted about it here... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19576&start=120

Welcome to the board, btw!

I noticed that yesterday too, I thought for a bit it had happened again, but no, it was just the old story. for some reason someone must have been driving a lot of links to it.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby norton ash » Sun May 23, 2010 7:08 pm

Maybe the British tabs are making hay with the "monster" (otter with deformities) found at Big Trout Lake/Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug in Northern Ontario and tying it with the Windigo legend-Greyhound murder.

They love the "red indian" bullshit down the pub, I think. When I was a Northern Ontario editor we got a call from a Scottish tabloid reporter asking about a lurid N. Ont crime involving a "red Indian", as he put it.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby anothershamus » Mon May 24, 2010 12:54 pm

So I guess this has been posted about already but there it is.

UFO Spiral in the sky seen and heard across Western Canada

http://www.theweatherspace.com/news/05-22-2010-UFO-Spiral-in-the-sky-seen-and-heard-across-Western-Canada.html

The Norway spiral comes to mind when TheWeatherSpace.com received photographs and even an amazing video of the event. An object swooped down from the sky and then returned in a brilliant display on Friday night across the Western Canada areas.

Three different photographers have given their photos to TheWeatherSpace.com in what looks like something out of a science fiction movie. We cannot see what would cause this one Earth. The Norway spiral was said to be caused by a missile launch in the Russian territory. But what is this?

cool video!

The only known areas to launch on the Western coast are the Vandenberg Air Force Base and Alaskan areas. Vandenberg confirms no launches and Kodiak Island has to be ruled out due to the direction of travel (from the west).

The photographs show a very similar shape and mysterious object off the coast of Canada. The object is not a missile as one photograph from the beach has the trajectory curving up! What is it?

A video was sent to TheWeatherSpace.com and the web team has added it to the video server on YouTube.com. The video shows the entire sequence of this object as filmed by Steven Murray.

"I have four sky cameras to catch meteors on and number three caught it", Murray said. "I saw it from my office while doing work. The object was on the monitor. By the time I rushed outside the object was gone but the loudest boom I ever heard from a distance struck shortly after."

Anyone else with additional information is urged to contact TheWeatherSpace.com with reports, photos, and videos.
)'(
anothershamus

PreviousNext

Return to High Weirdness