UFO event in Norway

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby brainpanhandler » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:41 pm

nathan28 wrote:
brainpanhandler wrote:
Cosmic Cowbell wrote:
justdrew wrote: Very odd. Would like to see a reconstruction diagram of how that would work.

http://gizmodo.com/5422792/this-is-how- ... l-happened

I'm sold. That's pretty conclusive.

Have you been watching a lot of controlled demolition youtube posts recently? That's not data. That's a cartoon, 100% free of data. WTF is that, the mythbusters approach to journalism?

Settle down. I said I'm sold. I'm alllowed to say that aren't I? No, I have not been watching any youtube demollition videos. Yes, I understand that is not data. Thanks.

It is a graphic depiction of the most plausible theory (sigh, imo if you need that) I've heard so far. Nothing more. Me no think so good. I mean it's rocket science and so pictures help.
brainpanhandler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:39 pm

brainpanhandler wrote:
Cosmic Cowbell wrote:
justdrew wrote: Very odd. Would like to see a reconstruction diagram of how that would work.

http://gizmodo.com/5422792/this-is-how- ... l-happened

I'm sold. That's pretty conclusive.

Yep. The case is now wrapped up as tightly as that against the 19 hijackers.
stickdog99

Postby brainpanhandler » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:54 pm

Alright then wtf do you two geniuses think it is? I'm all ears.
brainpanhandler

Postby barracuda » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:03 pm

I'm with brainpanhandler on this one. Unfortunately for my oh-so-cynical self, I'll be requiring some further indication of either the eschaton itself, or alien transportation traces, or mass-DMT induced hallucination, or micro-blackhole puckering, or space/time wormhole effects, or military mind-control on the people of Norway, or the ionospheric manifestation of a miniature spiral galaxy, or full-spectrum n-reality PhotoShooping abilities, or previously unknown Jungian archetypal consequences, or undeniable proof of pure solopsistic autonomy for me to move beyond the analysis of this as another crappy Russian submarine missile test-launching, which, to my way of thinking, is more than creepy enough by a factor of about four.

The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby Blue » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:14 pm

September 22, 2005 launch of a DARPA satellite from Vandenberg.

October 2002 Minuteman launch

Many more pics here of the MM

http://www.freqofnature.com/photos/mmii1014/index.html

A lot of interesting halos and corkscrews and multi-colors. But none of them look remotely similar to the perfect spiral of Norway. Granted the weather conditions, climate and latitude could all affect the display.

Still not convinced it was a missile.

Edited to add:

Trident missile misfire

Last edited by Blue on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue

Postby Maddy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:42 pm

I am absolutely, positively convinced that I have no f'ing clue what it is, except beautiful, and kind of eerie. It still gives me chills, and a bad feeling. But some of the other stuff you all have put up here is very interesting, too! I'm learning a lot!
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby lightningBugout » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:47 pm

barracuda wrote:I'm with brainpanhandler on this one. Unfortunately for my oh-so-cynical self, I'll be requiring some further indication of either the eschaton itself, or alien transportation traces, or mass-DMT induced hallucination, or micro-blackhole puckering, or space/time wormhole effects, or military mind-control on the people of Norway, or the ionospheric manifestation of a miniature spiral galaxy, or full-spectrum n-reality PhotoShooping abilities, or previously unknown Jungian archetypal consequences, or undeniable proof of pure solopsistic autonomy for me to move beyond the analysis of this as another crappy Russian submarine missile test-launching, which, to my way of thinking, is more than creepy enough by a factor of about four.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvRkJzVQBP0
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

Postby Canadian_watcher » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:32 pm

Nordic wrote:Okay, which is more frightening:

That it's aliens?

Or that it was man made?

I'm honestly not sure which is more scary.

:shock:

:scaredhide:

I hear ya. First thing I thought of was some Tesla sort of experiment. It is the spiral that gets me. That OTHER spiral of twisting smoke, sure,that could have easily been a missile that sputtered out. But the white light spiral is so perfect - seems like a nightclub illumination.

You've heard of Bell Island, Newfoundland, I assume? no spirals that I've heard recounted but plenty of Russians and sky energies / lightshows.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/colintobin/journal/353794-the-bell-island-explosion-1978-emp-weapons-nl-history
Canadian_watcher

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:00 pm

elfismiles wrote:

- Roswell was NOT the "true UFO pheonomenon" it was most likely the result of AmeriKa's continued Unit-731 experiments (see Nick Redfern's BODYSNATCHERS IN THE DESERT).

- The UFO Battle of Los Angeles was the inspiration for Spielberg's wonderful flop 1941.

I never saw Spielberg's 1941 comedy, though the incident I'm speaking of was in 1942.

As far as Roswell, was it one lasp gasp of fame that so many principal people involved in recovery came out and said it was out of this world and or there was a major coverup? Why would under Clinton, the government claim it's "project Mogul"?

Unit 731 is pretty much on par with the Nazi's most grizzly experiments, and I feel very sad even knowing about it, even more that the US pardoned the sicko Japanese commanders behind it. However, what in the world does that have to do with Roswell?

brainpanhandler wrote:Alright, alright, sigh. 8bit, if you have any clearly redeeming virtue it's that you never seem to get offended and I've never seen you insult anyone. Searcher, I'll take that as a compliment as jack is pretty clearly a better writer than I.

I don't get offended because I genuinely dig and value everyone's opinion...aside from the few times it's broken down into total misogyny and other things.

And man, I wish Russia hadn't admitted to being behind it with a botched rocket...it was much more fun to speculate; though the reconstruction on youtube pretty much seemed to nail it.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:03 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34362960/ns ... ?GT1=43001

Russia admits missile caused UFO lights
Unusual display, seen from Norway, traced to failure of test launch

Well, least it provided for some interesting conversation. The perfect symmetry of the darn thing and the duration never made me think of a spiraling rocket; so that shows what a lay I am.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:09 pm

^^The size, intensity and luminescence of the launch are exactly what has me still questioning if it was a rocket.

The other pics of satellite launches are awesome, but the timing is important here because those are illuminated by the sun -- launches just past dusk where the light is hitting the smoke trail @ high altitude. Makes sense and looks spectacular.

That was not the case in Norway, and further more it doesn't explain the clearly blue inner spiral that's coming towards/from the ground.

It looks to like, if anything, a successful test of something altogether different.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Maddy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:27 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:That was not the case in Norway, and further more it doesn't explain the clearly blue inner spiral that's coming towards/from the ground.

It looks to like, if anything, a successful test of something altogether different.

I'll buy that.
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby brainpanhandler » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:42 pm

wrex wrote:The other pics of satellite launches are awesome, but the timing is important here because those are illuminated by the sun -- launches just past dusk where the light is hitting the smoke trail @ high altitude. Makes sense and looks spectacular.

That was not the case in Norway

Yes it was. Look at the pictures.

Searcher08 wrote:Friend has just posted
http://www.barentsobserver.com/failed-russian-missile-visible-over-northern-norway.4663494-116320.html

UPDATED: This unique photo taken in Northern Norway shows a Russian intercontinental missile flying into a spiral before it exploded in the atmosphare early Wednesday morning. The missile was most likely yet another faild test launch of a Bulava missile from the Typhoon submarine "Dmitri Donskoy" in the White Sea area.

The giant spiral shaped light that could be seen in the eastern sky for several minutes on Wednesday morning was probably caused by a failed missile launch from the White Sea, several Norwegian space and defense experts believe.

Interviewed by the Norwegian TV2, an anonymous Russian military source says it was failed launch of a Bulava missile from a submarine in the White Sea Wednesday morning.

Researcher at the Tromsø Geophysical Observatory Truls Lynne Hansen is certain that the light was caused by a missile launch:

- The missile has probably come out of control and exploded. The peculiar spiral shaped light pattern comes from reflection of the sun in the leaking fuel, he said to Aftenposten.

Spokesman in the Norwegian Defense Jon Espen Lien says that the Norwegian Defense does not know for sure what the light was, but that it probably was a Russian missile:

- It is quite normal that Russia uses the White Sea and the Barents Sea as testing grounds for weapons.

The failed missile launch that was visible over large areas in Northern Norway are now making headlines world-wide. The Russian TV-internet site Russia Today had a news storry late Wednesday evening under the headline "UFO-show in Norway sky welcomes Obama for Nobel Prize ceremony."

According to NRK, Arkhangelsk Radio sent out an advance warning about several missile launches from the White Sea in the period December 7-10.The warning included launches on the night to Wednesday. An anonymous source in the Northern Fleet told Norwegian news paper VG that they had no information about the incident. Press Attaché at Russia’s Embassy in Oslo Vladimir Isupov did neither have any that could explain the light phenomenon over Northern Norway.

On the morning of November 1, another strange light phenomenon was visible in the sky from large areas of the northern parts of Norway. This incident also caused commotion and many creative explanations to the light were given on different discussion boards. The light was caused by a launch of a Sineva missile from the nuclear submarine “Bryansk” in White Sea, as reported by BarentsObserver.

According to a warning about rocket launching in the White Sea, navigation is prohibited in the southern parts of the sea until December 15.

The Bulava missile test Wednesday morning has been rescheduled several times. Last Bulava test from the submarine "Dmitri Donskoy" on July 15. That test failed and the missile self-destructed soon after launch due to a defective steering system in its first stage. Next test -launch was slated for November 24, as reported by BarentsObserver, but was then postponded.

- Because of the need for coordination of several questions – including technical questions, between the producers and the Russian Ministry of Defence, the test-launch will only be conducted at the end of the year, a source told RIA Novosti. The test was then re-scheduled to the end of December. But then, the test took place on Wednesday December 9th.

With the population of Northern Norway as eyewitnesses, Wednesday's test was the seventh failed launch out of 13.

The Bulava missile is designed for the “Borei” class submarines, the fourth generation nuclear subs, the first of which are now being tested in Severodvinsk, Arkhangelsk Oblast. The vessel “Yury Dolgoruky” will be the flagship in the Russian submarine fleet. Another two vessels of the kind is under construction in the yard.

The picture at that link:

Light seen from Kvænangen in Troms at 07.49 Wednesday morning (Photo Dagfinn Rapp)

I mean isn't that sunlight over the horizon? Where's Penguin?
Last edited by brainpanhandler on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brainpanhandler

Postby nathan28 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:01 pm

brainpanhandler wrote:Alright then wtf do you two geniuses think it is? I'm all ears.

I thought it was the rocket because rockets go into spins (other things that spin through the air: rifle rounds, footballs)--I just think it's the height of silliness to claim that a 9th grade physics class cartoon is "conclusive." A fallacy that comes to a correct conclusion is still a fallacy and betrays a thought process or a sort of media construction that should be questioned.

Let me put it another way.

This is the argument gizmondo's page implies:

A. Look at this cartoon.
B. The cartoon we made after the fact looks like the photo from Norway.
Therefore, this is what we say it is, QED.

I'm not exagerating. There would be a billion other ways they could have portrayed it and come to the rocket conclusion. They could have found video and photo of old rocket malfunctions. They could have fired off a homemade rocket designed to fail. I'm sure you can find those on YouTube. They could have called up someone in the Russian gov't. They could have interviewed someone. Etc.

Instead, they posted a cartoon custom-made to address the situation. They knew the outcome in advance, and worked backwards. That's not scientific--that's falsified data.

But it's believalbe, because, whoa, someone posted it to a major website.
„MAN MUSS BEFUERCHTEN, DASS DAS GANZE IN GOTTES HAND IST"

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby Canadian_watcher » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:02 pm

please someone explain to me how a failed rocket could make that perfect, white spiral. The explanation, if it were only the blue spiral, is obvious. But the white one retains a very bright center for a long period of time. Not to mention, of course, the sudden "burn out " seen at the end of one of the videos - the whole white spiral seems to implode into blackness.

I wonder if it WAS a "failed" rocket, as a decoy. As cover for the other more mysterious spiral.

EDIT - okay, I see it. but let's face it, there's no 'knowing' what that really was.
Last edited by Canadian_watcher on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canadian_watcher

PreviousNext

Return to High Weirdness