Stuff Jeff Wells Posts On Facebook

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Virtual Jeff Wells Thread

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:56 pm

From nearly twelve years ago.

http://rigorousintuition.blogspot.de/20 ... -take.html

Sunday, April 03, 2005

"You poor take courage, you rich take care"

"In the beginning of time God made the earth. Not one word was spoken at the beginning that one branch of mankind should rule over another, but selfish imaginations did set up one man to teach and rule over another."
- Gerrard Winstanley, "The New Law of Righteousness", 1649

Here I've been thinking about April 4 and the Lorraine Motel, and I almost forgot about April 3 and St George's Hill.

I suppose I have a lot of heroes, but Gerrard Winstanley holds a special place. On this day in 1649 he and about 30 Levellers, or "Diggers," marched on the commons of St George's Hill in Surrey and "sowed the ground with parsnips, carrots and beans." Other Digger groups reclaimed land from the gentry in Kent, Surrey, Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire. The gentry was, let's say, nonplussed.

Oliver Cromwell reportedly said, "What is the purport of the levelling principle but to make the tenant as liberal a fortune as the landlord. I was by birth a gentleman. You must cut these people in pieces or they will cut you in pieces."

Response was swift: the Diggers were ordered beaten; their homes, crops and tools destroyed. Within a year, the Diggers were finished. Or maybe, just biding their time. And you know what? That time may be now.

Because if things really are this bad, then the Diggers' philosophy may be humanity's best last chance to salvage something like a sustainable culture, even on a local level.

Here is an account of the march to St George's Hill, now a private golf course, on the 350th anniversary in 1999.

If you don't know Leon Rosselson's song, "The World Turned Upside Down," you really ought to. And you can here, as interpreted by a number of artists. It's a versatile little number. Attila the Stockbroker's version is a bloody operetta, and incorporates Winstanley's own "Diggers Song" ("With spades and hoes and plowes, stand up now, stand up now...")

In 1649
To St George's Hill
A ragged band they called the Diggers
Came to show the people' s will
They defied the landlords
They defied the laws
They were the dispossessed
Reclaiming what was theirs

We come in peace, they said
To dig and sow
We come to work the land in common
And to make the waste land grow
This earth divided
We will make whole
So it can be
A common treasury for all.

The sin of property
We do disdain
No one has any right to buy and sell
The earth for private gain
By theft and murder
They took the land
Now everywhere the walls
Rise up at their command.

They make the laws
To chain us well
The clergy dazzle us with heaven
Or they damn us into hell
We will not worship
The God they serve
The God of greed who feeds the rich
While poor men starve

We work, we eat together
We need no swords
We will not bow to masters
Or pay rent to the lords
We are free men
Though we are poor
You Diggers all stand up for glory
Stand up now

From the men of property
The orders came
They sent the hired men and troopers
To wipe out the Diggers' claim
Tear down their cottages
Destroy their corn
They were dispersed -
Only the vision lingers on

You poor take courage
You rich take care
The earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The order came to cut them down

http://rigorousintuition.blogspot.de/20 ... -take.html

One reason I am grateful for this thread is that it functions as an encouragement and reminder to go back and reread some of Jeffs oldest blogposts.

Friday, April 01, 2005
"a newborn baby with wild wolves all around it"

The great calamity of America is too big now for just analysis and rational thought. To be parsed, it needs now also art and faith, and the insights of supra-rationality. Almost everything I've written in this blog could be distilled to four lines from a mediocre Dylan song of the mid-80s:

Witchcraft scum exploiting the dumb,
Turning children into punks and slaves
Whose heroes and healers are rich drug dealers
Who should be put in their graves.

http://rigorousintuition.blogspot.de/20 ... s-all.html
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Laodicean » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:52 pm

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:01 am

Lao, who is Rachel Owen in the picture, the one on the left with the friend looking at the camera? And who is the beaming woman with the green sweater? And where is this again?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:16 pm

From Jeff on Facebook today:

Can you imagine four years of whining about how many people showed up for his party?
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:43 am

Jeff Wells on Facebook 14 hours before this posting wrote:
You can be a Nazi, but being a Nazi pedophile still crosses a line.

Included the link:

Milo Yiannopoulos book ‘Dangerous’ cancelled by publisher
Simon & Schuster and its Threshold Editions imprint announced Monday that "after careful consideration" they had pulled the book.
GLOBALNEWS.CA|BY HILLEL ITALIE
http://globalnews.ca/news/3261436/milo- ... cancelled/
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:19 pm

In a quiz of who you would be, Jeff just got "anarchist" over the suspected "bolshevik," noting he does favor Kropotkin over Bukharin.

Sorry nazis!
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:44 pm

Jeff better not return to this run-down temple, he might knock over some tables.

JackRiddler

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:37 am

^^^ I thought you were doing so well practicing self-restraint!
Iamwhomiam

Postby Searcher08 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:09 am

JackRiddler » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:44 am wrote:Jeff better not return to this run-down temple, he might knock over some tables.

Jeff engages in the free marketplace of ideas, unlike certain wannabe Witchfinders present.
Searcher08

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:26 am

Jeff » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:38 am wrote:Welcome to the RI board.

While Rigorous Intuition welcomes a range of informed perspectives, it is not intended to be a forum for the re-fighting of elemental human values. It should be assumed that this is a place where the dignity and rights of all people are respected. Members who challenge these rights may be regarded as disruptive, and members who habitually challenge them will be banned.

This is an anti-fascist board. Propagation of fascist, neo-Nazi and "white pride" causes, including sympathetically linking to sites which advocate such, will not be permitted. This includes revisionist histories of the Holocaust.

This is an anti-sexist board. We correctly assume that women, as a group, have been and continue to be the object of oppression based upon their gender. It is expected that members will respect the rights of women to justice and equality in all spheres of life, and to a positive experience of RI. Contending that feminism is a "New World Order plot" will not be permitted.

Posts advocating violence, or espousing hatred of a people based upon race, religion, gender or sexuality, are not permitted.

The charge or insinuation of "disinfo agent" can almost never be proven, and poisons and often ends meaningful discussion. Therefore suggesting a poster is purposefully spreading disinformation is not permitted.

Please refrain from personal attacks, and keep arguments issue-based.

Members can help maintain the health of the board. If you see something that you think needs attention, please pm myself or a moderator with the link, or use the alert button.

Thank you for your civil and thoughtful contributions, and your cooperation in helping to generate more light than heat.

JackRiddler

Postby Laodicean » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:16 pm

Jeff » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:26 pm wrote:Whether you're a longtime lurker, a newbie or just feel like one, please feel welcome to de-cloak here and say hi.

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Iamwhomiam

Stuff Jeff Posts on Facebook

Postby elfismiles » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:00 pm

https://www.facebook.com/10000014212950 ... 39?sfns=mo

"Russiagate went beyond Trump. It was also a natsec state confection aimed at indoctrinating liberals into Cold War paranoia. It put a target on any pol who defied the pro-war consensus, making it possible to brand them as Russian agents w/o evidence. Hillary confirmed that today."

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/statu ... 5926533122
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Stuff Jeff Posts on Facebook

Postby elfismiles » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:02 pm

"The century-old law had largely gone out of fashion until it was deployed heavily by the Obama administration, which prosecuted eight people accused of leaking to the media under the Espionage Act, more than all previous presidents combined. President Donald Trump is on pace to break Barack Obama’s record if he gets a second term: He has prosecuted eight such whistleblowers, five of them using the Espionage Act, according to the Press Freedom Tracker.

"Asked if it is appropriate to prosecute whistleblowers using the Espionage Act, Sanders said, 'Of course not.'"

Sounds like something a Russian asset would say.

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/22/ber ... leblowers/
https://www.facebook.com/10000014212950 ... 35?sfns=mo
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie