Scientologists in wikipedia

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Scientologists in wikipedia

Postby jingofever » Wed May 17, 2006 2:42 am

I hope I don't start a general scientologist bash, but while looking up Project BLUEBIRD on Wikipedia [1], I checked the discussion page and saw an interesting comment [2].<br><br>Here is the article entry:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>BLUEBIRD is the cryptonym for an alleged CIA mind control program, lasting from 1951 to 1953. During this time the CIA authorized experiments to be conducted by licensed psychiatrists. The experiments had various purposes, including but not limited to: creating new identities, inducing amnesia, inserting hypnotic access codes in subjects' minds, creating multiple personalities, and creating false memories. The research also included placing brain electrodes in people and controlling their behavior from remote transmitters, administering daily dosages of LSD to children for extended periods of time, and using electroconvulsive therapy to erase memories.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Here is the interesting comment:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Sounds like a Scientology tract<br><br>This article is suspicious, especially the parts about children and electroconvulsive therapy. The ideas here are identical to those in Scientology. Are there any Internet references, or any other books? A2Kafir 17:19, 26 May 2005 (UTC)<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Is there a lot or any Scientologist disinformation (?) surrounding the CIA's experiments with mind control?<br><br>1. <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_BLUEBIRD">en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_BLUEBIRD</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>2. <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Project_BLUEBIRD">en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tal...t_BLUEBIRD</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
jingofever

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Scientologists in wikipedia

Postby Dreams End » Wed May 17, 2006 10:09 am

I think Bluebird is fairly well documented through FOIA documents. Not that those documents they've chosen to release (we have to remember that ultimately THEY are the ones who get to choose which docs are released) tell the whole story. See Colin Ross's "Bluebird" for more info, but be warned in advance, he bends over backward to exempt the CIA from blame, despite showing how they funded this stuff. He only blames the doctors. It's actually quite odd...maybe he felt it was the safest route. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Re: Scientologists in wikipedia

Postby FourthBase » Wed May 17, 2006 2:01 pm

If it reflects badly on psychiatrists it must be Scientology propaganda? That's a good one, I want to see what else that Wiki editor has written. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Scientology