yeeesh...more tom cruise weirdness

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

yeeesh...more tom cruise weirdness

Postby Ted the dog » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:40 pm

Ok, I dunno if this has been posted laready, and it IS a stupid hollywood gossip column, but here it is anyway:<br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/hotgossipb3">entertainment.msn.com/movies/hotgossipb3</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br>"Katie's Scientology Sidekick <br> <br>Brace yourselves, people. It's time to check in on the public relations catastrophe that is the fast and freaky courtship of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. (Need to set the mood? Just slip into your "Free Katie" T-shirt and grab a copy of "Dianetics" -- fist-pumping, sofa-hopping and maniacal laughter are optional.)<br><br>On the heels of Holmes' announcement that she just loves her some E-meters and auditing sessions comes word that she's got a brand spankin' new BFF, courtesy of the Church of Scientology.<br><br>The New York Daily News says the suits at Warner Bros. are in a tizzy over Katie's suddenly ubiquitous "Scientology adviser," a young woman named Jessica who has been attending -- and at times disrupting -- the starlet's "Batman Begins" interviews.<br><br>"Tom pays Jessica to 'keep Katie on the path,'" an insider blabs to the paper. "She goes everywhere with Katie -- she's never more than a quarter-step behind her. When you ask her who she is, she says, 'I'm Katie's best friend.' She's known her for six weeks!"<br><br>The L. Ron Hubbard-provided hanger-on has also apparently raised the ire of the studio by being "very condescending to people around her."<br><br>"While in London, Jessica interrupted interviews with things like, 'Tom on the phone for Katie,'" the spy tells the Daily News. "She was at 'Regis and Kelly,' 'GMA.' She's always around. She sat in on USA Today -- that's why they did such a nasty article." <br><br>But a Warner Bros. mouthpiece says everything is just ducky with the actress' bestest new pal, insisting to the paper, "There's no discord between us and Jessica ... If she's someone Katie wants to travel with, that's fine. The people who made the tour made every effort to accommodate her. It's a very amicable situation."<br><br>Less amicable is the chatter surrounding the Catholic-raised Holmes' sudden immersion in Cruise's sci-fi-filled faith. Sources close to the former "Dawson's Creek" cutie-pie (oh Pacey, where are you when we need you?) tell the New York Post they're concerned about the influence the church is having on her. <br><br>"She was such a sweet girl and now she's just gone," an insider rants to the paper. No word on whether the spy is referring to Katie's inability to remember how she met the toothy star (the question has repeatedly caused her to stammer and quickly change the subject) or her rapidly disappearing verbal skills (We get it -- Tom is "amazing." Now please, we're begging you, pick a new word).<br><br>Adds another worried source to People, "Since meeting Tom, she hasn't spoken to any of the people she used to hang out with."<br><br>The loquacious lovebirds, currently crisscrossing the globe to stump for their respective blockbusters ("Batman" opened in the U.S. on Wednesday; Cruise's "War of the Worlds" arrives June 29), are reportedly due to meet up Wednesday in Rome, the city where they took their cringe-inducing coupling public two months ago.<br><br>Meanwhile, in Berlin on Tuesday, Cruise tried to keep his cool when he was asked about those cynical types (and you know who you are) who question whether TomKat are for real.<br><br>"Come on, it's just ridiculous. It's ridiculous," he told reporters. "Listen, something magnificent has happened to me and something extraordinary, and I'm so happy I can't restrain myself." <br><br>Unfortunately, it's that lack of restraint that now has PR professionals taking potshots at the star's once Teflon-like persona. <br><br>"I don't see how Tom gets out of this," veteran publicist Bumble Ward declares to the Los Angeles Times. "When you reveal everything, you have no mystique left -- everyone feels like you're fair game. The problem with too many stars is they have no sense of reality. They believe that the world revolves around them, so anything that they do, the world should harmoniously follow them."<br><br>On a more positive PR note, Brooke Shields is trying to make peace with Cruise, who labeled her "misguided" for taking Paxil after suffering severe postpartum depression.<br><br>"If he comes to see me in [the London stage production of] 'Chicago,' I'll see him in 'War of the Worlds,'" the actress tells People.<br><br>Brooke also says she's "in accord" with Tom about the dangers of overmedicating children: "I don't think Ritalin should be prescribed to kids."<br><br>But, Shields maintains to the mag, "postpartum depression is a different matter. I think I'm more qualified to talk about that [than he is]."<br> <br>Next: Lindsay: 'I Eat So Much' "<br> <br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Ted the dog

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Scientology