Scientology taking advantage of London bombing victims

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Scientology taking advantage of London bombing victims

Postby tabasco1776 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:57 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=15725057&method=full&siteid=89488&headline=after-the-terror--religion-is-slammed--name_page.html">www.dailyrecord.co.uk/new..._page.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
tabasco1776

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Scientology taking advantage of London bombing victims

Postby GDN01 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:35 pm

Here is a link to a site that documents some of their efforts at Ground Zero in NY after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.xenu.net/archive/events/20010911-tragedy/">www.xenu.net/archive/even...1-tragedy/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>I worked at Ground Zero as a crisis counselor and was shocked to see so many scientologists running around with several tents set up and a huge banner with their name on it. I was told they had arrived at the scene the day of the attacks in mass. They all wore yellow t-shirts with the word "minister" printed in bold type - but as the above article points out, nearly everyone is considered a minister. However, it was surprising to realize OEM - office of emergency management in NYC, didn't seem to realize that Scientologist Ministers were not trained. I had a conversation with a security person, trying to get security clearance for trained mental health professionals and chaplains, and was told - "Why do we need more? There's hundreds of them on-site already." I asked him who he was referring to, and he said, "All those people in the yellow t-shirts." <br><br>A few days later, all the Scientologists were gone. I was told they had been kicked out by OEM and FEMA.<br><br>My interactions with them were mixed. As individuals, some were helpful and most were not. Most seemed more interested in sitting in the tents, handing out tracts about Scientology and offering vitamins. I remember asking several of them to help unpack food boxes at a respite center, and not a single one was willing to help. They wanted to have interactions with the rescue workers, not do the nitty gritty work. <p></p><i></i>
GDN01

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Scientology