Nord Stream Sabotage

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Nord Stream Sabotage

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:43 pm

https://nakedemperor.substack.com/p/upd ... m-pipeline

This developing black swan event seems to be getting worse by the hour.

The Danish armed forces have released video footage of the leaks with gas hitting the surface of the sea in a kilometre wide cauldron.

Whilst the pipes were not operational, they were full of gas, approximately two days worth for Germany at a market value of more than €800 million. Most of the financial burden of today’s events will fall firmly on Russia, as they owned the gas.

The Swedish National Seismic Network confirmed that as many as 30 of their measuring stations recorded the explosions with one of them having the strength of 2.3 on the Richter scale. This is the equivalent of more than 100 kilos of dynamite. With 4 cm of steel pipe coated with 10 cm of steel-reinforced concrete a large explosion would be required. Each section of pipe weighs 11 tonnes which increases to 25 tonnes after the concrete is poured.

The first explosion registered at 02:03 on Monday and the second at 19:04 on Monday evening. The Swedish Uppsala University said they were very certain these were explosions, this was not an earthquake or landslide.

The amount of gas hitting the surface means the damage to the pipes is huge and a combination of sea water and pressure is likely making that damage worse. Damage that will take a long time to repair, if even possible. More gas will have to be purchased from the US at ten times the price. UK gas prices jumped up 35% in a single day.

Germany’s Economic Minister announced that speculation over the reason for the leaks was forbidden, causing speculation as to why speculation had been banned.

Fortunately, Denmark’s Prime Minister, Mette Frederiksen, came to the rescue and announced that after an initial assessment, the Nord Stream gas leaks were caused by a ‘deliberate act’ and could not have occurred by accident. The Kremlin had already said the same earlier on.

Radek Sikorski, Poland’s ex-Foreign Minister, Chair of the Delegation for relations with the US and Anne Applebaum’s husband (US journalist) thanked the US for the explosions.

US deployments on nearby Bornholm island along with suspicious US naval activity in the area have been discussed online. However, with the US military being active all round the world, this is unlikely to be the smoking gun some people believe it to be.

With the two separate incidents happening approximately 75 kilometres apart, this was no accident. Speculation as to who blew up the pipes is rife with Russia, the US and Britain up front with Ukraine closely following behind. If this was backed by the US, is this what a dying empire looks like, lashing out at anyone in an attempt to survive?

Timing is also of interest…why now? Only yesterday, demonstrations were popping up all around Germany demanding an end to sanctions on Russia and the reopening of the pipelines.

Thousands of people in Plauen in Germany against Olaf Scholz's policy and the explosion of energy and gas prices. They demand an end to sanctions on Russia and the reopening of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline. Demonstrations also in other German cities but EU media censors them.

Further to my earlier post where Biden said the US would bring an end to Nord Stream 2, another video has emerged of Victoria Nuland saying similar.

Whoever blew up the pipelines, at 70-80 metres below the surface, did they use a drone submarine such as this one developed by Boeing? In July this year, the US integrated a payload delivery system to its unmanned undersea vehicle.

And whoever blew up the pipelines has set a new precedent - international waters are no longer safe. US or British gas, oil or telecoms lines could all be attacked, either in retaliation or as part of the original plot.

We will probably find out who sabotaged Nord Stream in a few generations or so but right now, in the present, this could be the black swan event that sparks something huge.
stickdog99

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Nord Stream Sabotage

Postby drstrangelove » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:58 pm

no more natural gas. no more blackmail. no more pressure to remove sanctions.

"it is out of our hands now"

if we are going to pretend for a moment this isn't a quasi-fake war, then you must ask why russia would sabotage their only means of leverage aside from nukes.

timing also coincides with Italian election results, or the realisation of a tangible swing within the EU towards a more non-interventionist/anti-sanctions sentiment.

probably US orchestrated. a little too close to home for any EU nation to give anything but their blessing on.
Last edited by drstrangelove on Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drstrangelove

Postby Harvey » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:11 pm

Apart from it's significance as a colossal and destructive act of vandalism, it appears to be an act of war. Every time capital is in trouble, there's a world war.

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Grizzly » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:28 am

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:58 am

The United States military somehow blew through its entire personal carbon allowance in one day!

Quick! Better close some more farms in Europe!

But more importantly, how are you changing your own personal habits to make up for this catastrophic carbon release?
stickdog99

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:24 pm

drstrangelove » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:58 pm wrote:probably US orchestrated. a little too close to home for any EU nation to give anything but their blessing on.

https://seapowermagazine.org/baltops-22 ... echnology/

BALTIC SEA — A significant focus of BALTOPS every year is the demonstration of NATO mine hunting capabilities, and this year the U.S. Navy continues to use the exercise as an opportunity to test emerging technology, U.S. Naval Forces Europe-Africa Public Affairs said June 14.

In support of BALTOPS, U.S. Navy 6th Fleet partnered with U.S. Navy research and warfare centers to bring the latest advancements in unmanned underwater vehicle mine hunting technology to the Baltic Sea to demonstrate the vehicle’s effectiveness in operational scenarios.

Experimentation was conducted off the coast of Bornholm, Denmark, with participants from Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific, Naval Undersea Warfare Center Newport, and Mine Warfare Readiness and Effectiveness Measuring all under the direction of U.S. 6th Fleet Task Force 68.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby DrEvil » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:37 pm

My first thought was, duh, US fuckery. It would make sense to remove some of Russia's leverage, especially now that they appear to be struggling (even if they aren't, that's the impression a lot of people have right now), having to do a partial mobilization after repeatedly saying they wouldn't, and having thousands of military age men very publicly fleeing the country.

But it could also be any number of other players: Ukraine obviously, or Russia figuring, fuck it, those pipelines are a lost cause anyway, let's show them how easy it is to fuck over their entire energy infrastructure if they don't back off (couple of side notes: the fact both pipelines were out of use could be seen as a warning shot: next time it will be one that's in use, like the one being opened that very same day between Denmark and Poland. Also, Sweden very carefully pointed out the pipelines were outside its territorial waters, so it wasn't an act of war, which I'm sure whoever blew them up was very aware of, and here in Norway there's lately been a lot of drone activity around oil and gas installations in the North Sea, plus several instances of unspecified people behaving oddly and taking pictures of power infrastructure).

If you're a betting man and want a good return I'd say China, to fuck with the west and force Russia closer to them, or some random group who just wants to see everything burn (or burn just enough that it can be bought cheaply later on).
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby drstrangelove » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:03 pm

For an even better return, I'd put money on a trilateral operation involving strategic planners of the Anglo-American bloc, European Union, and Russia.
drstrangelove

Postby Grizzly » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:09 am

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby DrEvil » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:14 am

drstrangelove » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:03 am wrote:For an even better return, I'd put money on a trilateral operation involving strategic planners of the Anglo-American bloc, European Union, and Russia.

Sure, but it was probably Obama.
DrEvil

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:23 am

or Russia figuring, fuck it, those pipelines are a lost cause anyway, let's show them how easy it is to fuck over their entire energy infrastructure if they don't back off (couple of side notes: the fact both pipelines were out of use could be seen as a warning shot: next time it will be one that's in use, like the one being opened that very same day between Denmark and Poland. Also, Sweden very carefully pointed out the pipelines were outside its territorial waters, so it wasn't an act of war, which I'm sure whoever blew them up was very aware of, and here in Norway there's lately been a lot of drone activity around oil and gas installations in the North Sea, plus several instances of unspecified people behaving oddly and taking pictures of power infrastructure).

If you're a betting man and want a good return I'd say China, to fuck with the west and force Russia closer to them, or some random group who just wants to see everything burn (or burn just enough that it can be bought cheaply later on).

Or maybe, just maybe, the most likely culprit by far if you weigh means, motive, and opportunity (whose government has yet to condemn or even decry this act)?
stickdog99

Postby Harvey » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:56 pm

The military operation on Monday night which fired munitions to blow holes in the Nord Stream I and Nord Stream II pipelines on the Baltic Sea floor, near Bornholm Island, was executed by the Polish Navy and special forces.

It was aided by the Danish and Swedish military; planned and coordinated with US intelligence and technical support; and approved by the Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki.

The operation is a repeat of the Bornholm Bash operation of April 2021, which attempted to sabotage Russian vessels laying the gas pipes, but ended in ignominious retreat by the Polish forces. That was a direct attack on Russia. This time the attack is targeting the Germans, especially the business and union lobby and the East German voters, with a scheme to blame Moscow for the troubles they already have — and their troubles to come with winter.

John Helmer

:shrug:
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby DrEvil » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:21 pm

stickdog99 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:23 am wrote:
or Russia figuring, fuck it, those pipelines are a lost cause anyway, let's show them how easy it is to fuck over their entire energy infrastructure if they don't back off (couple of side notes: the fact both pipelines were out of use could be seen as a warning shot: next time it will be one that's in use, like the one being opened that very same day between Denmark and Poland. Also, Sweden very carefully pointed out the pipelines were outside its territorial waters, so it wasn't an act of war, which I'm sure whoever blew them up was very aware of, and here in Norway there's lately been a lot of drone activity around oil and gas installations in the North Sea, plus several instances of unspecified people behaving oddly and taking pictures of power infrastructure).

Or maybe, just maybe, the most likely culprit by far if you weigh means, motive, and opportunity (whose government has yet to condemn or even decry this act)?

You removed the first paragraph of my post, where I said I thought the most obvious culprit was the US. Just to remove any confusion: I think it was the US and/or its allies. A very distant second is Russia. It doesn't hurt to at least entertain the possibility as long as there's no hard evidence either way. It's all speculation.
DrEvil

Postby drstrangelove » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:28 pm

baltops22 is the only piece of circumstantial evidence I've come across so far. in fact, the only thing we know for sure is that american deepwater military equipment had been operational in precisely that location well after the motive to do so had been established.

on top of this you have multiple high level US officials, including the president but not just him, so that you know it was a policy matter not him mincing words, stating plainly in early to mid February they would bring an end to nordstream 2 should russia invade ukraine. since the united states has no legal authority over the operation of the pipeline, it would be absolutely reasonable to assume the means for doing this would be kinetic/military/spec ops.

so what you're left with is this:
1.in early february america tells russia it will end nordstream 2 if it invades ukraine.
2. in late february russia invades ukraine.
3. in june america conducts minesweeping operation along section of nordstream 2 located just off the coast of bornholm island in the baltic sea.
4. in september section of nordstream 2 located just off the coast of bornholm island is 'punctured' in an act of sabotage.
5. nordstream 2 is ended(probably).

the counter argument to all this is based on an assumption the act of sabotage happened in 'real time' on the 26th of september, as opposed to prior and activated remotely on that date. which appears to be the nato narrative, as we see the "russian ships spotted in area around time of attack" articles start to circulate.

wouldn't be surprised if russian ships were actually in the region around the time of the attack. which you could argue is why the sabotage was time delayed and remotely carried out on this date. or inversely you could argue the russian's chose to attack that specific part of the pipeline on this date because that is where the americans held baltops22.

wouldn't be surprised if the investigation by russia concludes some type of remote activation, such as bomb placed physically on the pipeline. while nato concludes some kind of crude missile struck it. cyber attack would be interesting, as both could agree on the method while disagreeing on the actor. but cyber is too cold war and things are meant to be heating up here. i don't see it.

intuitively though, this is such an american way of going about things. brazen in its paper trail but with just enough plausible deniability to gaslight folks into the wrong kinds of questions, such as the classic "if this was a conspiracy, there's no way they could cover it up from all the other NATO nations". i can already read the articles in my head.

FACT CHECK: Was BALTOPS 22 used by the US Navy to attack nordstream 2?
Sixteen NATO Allied and partner nations held this years BALTOPS joint training exercise, conducted annually since 1972, in the Baltic sea region over a ten day period in June. As part of these activities the U.S. Navy 6th Fleet tested new underwater minesweeping technology to assess its effectiveness in operational scenarios. None of the technology used had the capability of delivering or planting an explosive device. BALTOPS 22 concluded on the 20th of June, more than three months prior to the attacks on Nordstream 2.

Rating: False
drstrangelove

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:38 pm

While it certainly could have been Poland, the screen doors would have made any successful operation unlikely.
stickdog99

Next

Return to General Discussion