Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Nord Stream Sabotage

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:52 pm

stickdog99

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby DrEvil » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:17 am

drstrangelove wrote:

wouldn't be surprised if the investigation by russia concludes some type of remote activation, such as bomb placed physically on the pipeline. while nato concludes some kind of crude missile struck it. cyber attack would be interesting, as both could agree on the method while disagreeing on the actor. but cyber is too cold war and things are meant to be heating up here. i don't see it.

Most likely it was charges placed either by an ROV or divers, and then triggered either by a built in timer, or a remote signal shortly after placing the charges. A remote trigger would probably have to be sound based, so the longer you leave it the higher the chance some fishing boat accidentally sets it off with their sonar, or a passing whale gets the surprise of a lifetime.

However it was done, the depressing fact is it isn't that hard to do, it's just that people usually don't. It's a big, dumb pipe on the seabed, so you really only need three things:

- A boat - easy.
- Some way to get down there - also easy: a diver or an ROV.
- Explosive charge - this is the tricky part, but assuming you can get your hands on the explosives, you could find the specs on the pipeline and try things out beforehand on similar materials. It's just steel covered in a few inches of cement, so you just need to reliably punch a hole in that, and then place several charges to increase your odds of at least one working.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby drstrangelove » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:55 am

^
The four leaks affecting the Nord Stream gas pipelines in the Baltic Sea were caused by underwater explosions corresponding to hundreds of kilogrammes of explosives, a Danish-Swedish said Friday.

- https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/th ... r-AA12qZmp
drstrangelove

Postby tron » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:02 pm

this was no missile, has nobody seen donnie darko? this was flight 93, those dang terrists.
tron

Postby stickdog99 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:59 pm

stickdog99

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:39 pm

Joe Hillshoist

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:51 pm

stickdog99

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:59 pm

That is a very impressive compilation. How the hell does one find all of these? Is there an open search engine for news video, or, presumably, a subscription service. Regardless, a lot of work went into this, especially to hit all the pre-attack threats (if "threats" is the word for advance announcement of certain intent).
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:41 pm

Come on. It was obviously Russia. Why would anyone else do it?
Joe Hillshoist

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:26 pm

Joe Hillshoist » 24 Oct 2022 21:41 wrote:Come on. It was obviously Russia. Why would anyone else do it?

I sure hope that Russia doesn't invade Moscow in response to this sabotage!
stickdog99

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:21 am

stickdog99 » 25 Oct 2022 12:26 wrote:
Joe Hillshoist » 24 Oct 2022 21:41 wrote:Come on. It was obviously Russia. Why would anyone else do it?

I sure hope that Russia doesn't invade Moscow in response to this sabotage!

:rofl2 :rofl2

I expect they'll use nukes on the Kremlin at any minute. That would show us hey.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby BenDhyan » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:47 am

Ye Gods, how could all the pundits in Jack's video above be mistaken? :whistling:

British navy involved in Nord Stream 2 'terrorist attack' – Russia

Britain’s Royal Navy played a part in orchestrating and staging the sabotage of the Nord Stream gas pipelines in the Baltic Sea, the Russian Defense Ministry said on Saturday. The accusation follows the Russian Foreign Ministry’s claim that NATO conducted a military exercise during the summer, close to the location where the undersea explosions occurred.

Writing on its official Telegram channel, the ministry alleged that Royal Navy operatives “took part in planning, supporting and implementing” a “terrorist attack” to blow up the gas pipelines on September 26.

According to the Defense Ministry, the same British operatives were involved in the training of Ukrainian military personnel who recently attacked ships of Russia’s Black Sea fleet, which were implementing a grain deal between Russia and Ukraine, brokered by the UN and Türkiye.

The pipelines, which were built to deliver Russian natural gas directly to Germany, abruptly lost pressure on September 26, following a series of underwater explosions off the Danish island of Bornholm.

https://www.rt.com/russia/565577-nord-stream-uk-attack/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby drstrangelove » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:25 pm

https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/how ... ord-stream

reads like a sanctioned white house leak trying to establish a legacy moment in Biden's presidency. biden thought this. biden decided that. on biden's orders. etc. the tell will be whether or not corporate media decide to run with it. if it's unsanctioned they'll ignore it.
drstrangelove

Postby BenDhyan » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:20 am

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby Elvis » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:07 am

Is there any evidence that Victoria Nuland has been a CIA officer all this time?
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion