US Presidential Election 2024

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: US Presidential Election 2024

Postby Harvey » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:36 pm

We're all wrong about something, how do we reconcile ourselves to that? Besides, Overton Windows.

Two good reasons Cornel West in the race is a positive development.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:48 pm

Indeed, potential for a positive development. Would be interested in his current take on the covid policies (as implemented from ~2021 - 2022), and what his positions are moving forward, both with respect to any measure of accountability (of key players) and recognition of the extent such control measures persist and extend into other areas (finance, 'climate change', etc.), along with calls to end such affronts to essential human rights (this is, to me, a key factor for any candidate -- even if it's just pantomimes, simply stating this plainly as part of a platform would be a differentiator). As has been articulated, lockdowns and mandates disproportionately negatively impacted the lower classes and minorities far more than the upper classes, at least in the U.S. I would think Cornel West would -- or should -- be acutely aware of this and would have already called this out.

The potential for positive development will increase if there will actually be debates (and/or exposure) from and between all candidates* -- anything that will increase eyes/ears on other perspectives/positions.

We shall see.

*will there be any debates at all, on a stage (or virtually, in tandem, etc), with Presidential candidates? Rhetorical.

---

Also: I'd be remiss without pointing out, for a person in position of influence or representation, being wrong about, say, covid-policies is a wholly separate level of 'wrong' than the commoner being 'wrong' about said topic. One has more consequence/impact than the other.

Or put another way: Me (an -- ostensibly -- private citizen) being right or wrong about covid/covid policies is largely a benign event (other than whatever harms it may cause to me, or perhaps the relative few I may be in a position to influence directly) compared to a public-facing person like Cornel West being right or wrong about it. His influence has reach.
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Grizzly » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:11 pm

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Elvis » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:11 pm

Joe Biden and Trump Eating Spaghetti

https://youtu.be/WgREV-fPXE0
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Grizzly » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:50 am

Delete
Last edited by Grizzly on Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:52 am

Grizzly » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:50 am wrote:'^^^
Not funny at all, Mockingly disturbing and flippantly gross both JR and Elvis evaporated then reappear to mock and discount.

BACK on topic :backtotopic: :backtotopic:
Some Dems Uneasy About Cornel West's Presidential Run

On the negative side, he wants to "forgive all student debt...guarantee quality education, housing, a living wage [and] health care to all...support unions...end drilling on public lands and invest in clean energy"

On the plus side, he wants to "stop CBDCs...end the wars...stop all foreign military aid, close the bases, disband NATO...restore free speech [and] press freedoms...switch to hand-counted paper ballots."

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/some-dems-uneasy-about-cornel-wests-third-party-presidential-run

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:27 pm

https://rumble.com/v2trjzi-system-update-97.html
RFKjr on Glenn Greenwald
INTERVIEW: RFK Jr. on Russiagate, Israel/Roger Waters, JFK Assassination, Ukraine, & More

Livestream begins at 11:39, I don't know why they post shit, and you get nothing for 12 fucking minutes..

He's wrong on Roger Waters.

Why does Glen always talk so fast? It's like he wants to dominate the conversation by blurting statements..

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby DrEvil » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:10 pm

From that zerohedge article:

The positives they list are all great, but:

On the negative side, he wants to "forgive all student debt...guarantee quality education, housing, a living wage [and] health care to all...support unions...end drilling on public lands and invest in clean energy"

Why on Earth would they consider any of those things a negative?
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:12 pm

As with just about all the bullshit, ostensibly 'beneficial to the public' platitudes/'initiatives' offered up by so-called 'public servants', what sounds good on paper (or presented in a speech) often does not manifest in reality, certainly not as presented. To the contrary, more often than not they are variations of Trojan Horses. This applies to rhetoric from ANY front-facing representative presented to the public, especially in the last ~40 yrs.

To pluck 2 examples out of the quoted list above:

1. "clean energy" is NOT "clean" -- this is at best false advertising. As already expounded on the EcoFascism thread (and in more detail elsewhere), all of these 'clean energy' solutions currently rely HEAVILY on gas/oil/carbon in the manufacture, supply chain and maintenance processes. Solar panels in particular also cause environmental harms when mass dumping (chemicals, etc); recycling is not currently viable. Whatever claims of offsetting this in a 'clean manner' near-term are pipe dreams (at the lower levels, at the higher levels it's cynical lies). Of course, "clean energy" is also NOT scalable and NOT readily accessible to lower classes, not to mention increasingly expensive relative to traditional fuel energy. ETC ETC... there are so many lies about the whole "clean energy" scam that we have an entire thread about it. And I didn't even touch on how all of this BS is tied to the ESG scam, Blackrock, Vanguard, et al, and eventual aims to push social credit/more overt control, etc.

2. Fucking Unions. Again: all sounds good on paper until we observe what these fucking "unions" have done to The People over time. The Teacher's Union alone would be enough to make the most wide-eyed naive idealist a cold and bitter cynic. The harms caused to children -- especially working-class/lower class children -- since 2020 due to "covid measures" STRONGLY PUSHED BY THE FUCKING TEACHER'S UNION is enough to light them all ON FIRE.

These are simply free associations here. There is far more depth that can be provided but I've no interest in doing so as it's quite futile at this point.

Anyone -- especially those that visit an obscure forum like this one to glean "alternative" perspectives -- that still SWALLOWS the bullshit Progressive (or conservative) narratives may be irredeemable as a person that values the pursuit of "justice" (however naive this notion may be): I focus on the so-called "progressives" and "leftists" primarily in this space because there remain a few of you that are somehow, inexplicably, still falling prey to the BS storylines despite extensive evidence and real world experience demonstrating how whatever the "Left" in the U.S. may have been has been clearly hijacked, irrevocably, in earnest since 2020. This is after traditional 'conservatives' were similarly hijacked and flipped in the early 2000s with the bullshit Iraq charade. But this is all a very simplified summary here. It's of course markedly more multi-layered, deep, years-long in the making, and heavily funded than can be described in a god damned post. And I'm certainly not the one erudite enough to dig deep into it, nor is it my interest to do so. But my point is it should be obvious that just about EVERYTHING front-facing in the media/political spheres is wholly corrupted, co-opted, and compromised, some more blatantly/egregiously than others.

We can either unsubscribe completely or continue to attempt a "least worst" option for a candidate, which historically has done nothing to change trajectory. Good Luck.
Belligerent Savant

Postby DrEvil » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:27 am

Green energy can scale. My entire country is powered by hydroelectricity, including baseline load with pumped storage. Obviously you can't do that in, say, Florida, but the principle is applicable to other forms of energy storage too: you use green energy to store kinetic or thermal energy that you can tap when needed. It can be as simple as stacking bricks, or using electric water heaters, or spinning up a bunch of flywheels, or batteries, or molten salts, your EV, etc. There's tons of possibilities.

Plus, the share of energy production from green sources is steadily going up everywhere, and it's getting increasingly cheaper.

As for unions, that's a very... American attitude. They're not perfect, but they're the reason most of us even have any rights as employees at all. I'd much rather have powerful unions with the occasional misstep than no unions and constant getting fucked over by capital.
DrEvil

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:12 pm

I am not against electric, solar, wind as added options for energy in a number of scenarios -- but these forms of energy are not sustainable at mass scale, nor completely independent of traditional energy (despite claims otherwise; once one peaks into how 'the sausage is made' it tends to dispel notions of independence from traditional energy, not to mention the actual sustainable/net "clean" efficiencies over time compared to traditional energy sources), nor are they readily & cheaply accessible to lower classes. And due to the amount of gas/oil/carbon required from their initial manufacture through to their maintenance and disposal, they can't be accurately called green or clean (among other issues). Of course the larger, more critical/pressing crisis & cause for alarm is usage of this alternative energy tech as part of a Trojan Horse effort to frighten the masses [minimally via exaggerated, if not outright false notions of looming cataclysms] into a need for drastic/urgent shifts to more overt societal controls, subjugation and restrictions (AKA the "4th Industrial Revolution"; the "Great Reset", etc.).

While I have my reservations with all current presidential candidates, I co-sign with the sentiment below:

https://twitter.com/TheChiefNerd/status ... 30144?s=20
Belligerent Savant

Postby DrEvil » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:19 pm

I replied to the above in the Ecofascism thread so as not to derail too much:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42029&p=708402#p708402
DrEvil

Postby Grizzly » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:29 pm

https://noagendasocial.com/@wyliesau/110560209244264247
If you only want to listen to one Podcast this weekend (besides the NoAgenda Sunday show of course)
then make it this one.
It’s gonna make you angry, happy, sad, hopefull, …… and the 3h will feel like 10min.

Joe Rogan interviews RFKJR

NOTE :Both, my desktop and phone the interview just cuts off mid sentence at around the same timestamp I highly suspect Spot is censoring this...

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:44 pm

Mr. Wells sums it up quite succinctly and astutely:

@ZombyWoof2022
·
Brother West speaking to Brother Fauci: "what a great example of integrity, honesty, and decency you have been over your 79 years on the globe ... You have been very distinctive as a scientist because you're so deeply grounded in humanity"

Jeff Wells
@JeffWellsRigInt
·
Replying to @ZombyWoof2022

There’s a lot I like about West but this subject is too big and grave for a presidential candidate to be this naive about.

https://twitter.com/JeffWellsRigInt/sta ... 58304?s=20
Belligerent Savant

Postby Grizzly » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:24 am

^^^^

Whole heartedly agree...

meanwhile, I feel spotify's control of podcasts is highly unethical hence:
Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. (RFK) - The Joe Rogan Experience - FULL INTERVIEW
https://odysee.com/@NotTheBoilingFrog:f/JRE-1999-Robert-F-Kennedy-Jr-RFK:8?r=9bNhWL86aQ7e9j58bMUKRbYSkaeQE1Zs
Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. is an attorney, founder of the Waterkeeper Alliance and Children’s Health Defense, author, and 2024 candidate for the office of the President of the United States of America. http://www.kennedy24.com

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion