Just had major UFO Sighting

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Just had major UFO Sighting

Postby Searcher08 » Tue May 06, 2014 7:53 am

Brandon, your sighting reminded me of the Hessdalen Lights phenomena.

Given the length of time possible civilisations have had to evolve just in our galaxy, and a virtual "Moore's Law" equivalent of the number of potentially habitable planets in the galaxy doubling every 18 months (exaggerated for effect)... there are going to be issues associated with these long term advanced civilisations that are waaaaay beyond the comprehension ability of our entire current neurological apparatus....

"What are these lights, Ms LongCiv Alien?"
"To understand the answer to that, you will have to have a much larger cranium.

On your planet only a sperm whale *could* truly understand, but they are too busy creating 4 dimensional nebula seeds by the intersection of their M-band energy fields with those of their nebula-creation partners, the Giant Squid, to care about it."

"Try me"

"OK It's is a manifestation of a trace left by a trans-temporal neuronal monitoring field, mapping the development of the parts of the Gaia system that exist outside of space time and one that responds to inputs from a cascading hierarchy of uncountable infinite multi-verse sensors"

"Thanks!"
Searcher08

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue May 06, 2014 2:42 pm

Perhaps nothing more than the ethereal bodies of fellow astral travelers, or that of remote viewers working?
Iamwhomiam

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue May 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Maybe there's something going on. I have had a lifelong fascination with UFOs and never saw anything until the last few years (though they were all unusual, I think there are probably conventional explanations for all of them), so I too had reached the conclusion that sightings just don't happen to people who study the subject.

Then two things happened to me: I moved to a neighborhood in the city with broader avenues equalling more sky, and I started looking up at the sky at night when walking around because the neighborhood has occasional muggings and I don't want to lose my stuff by having my nose pointed down at a screen. I wrote about one possible TR-3B sighting that my girlfriend and I experienced a few years ago down on the UFO subforum.

Over the last three weeks I saw two strange things in the sky. The first, about three weeks ago, happened as I was walking home, looking up at the sky, and coincidentally just happened to be thinking about the large black triangle I had seen float over my neighborhood years before. directly in front of me, about 60º up, was a dark-colored ball floating from left to right. It was moving fast and was out of sight against the horizon in about 7 seconds. I don't know how I noticed it - it was darker than the purple-orange of the nighttime light-polluted sky and only about the size of a pea at arm's distance. It was pretty exciting even though it was probably just an average balloon.

The other sighting was last Sunday night, April 27, around 11pm. I was walking home from dropping off a friend and noticed a large orange stationary star just fizzle out. It wasn't moving but it was definitely larger than anything else in the sky (maybe the size of Venus at its brightest), and it definitely took about 10 seconds of fizzling and popping before it went black. I have no idea what it could have been - a meteorite falling directly towards or away from me?

I had already decided two strange nighttime sky events were too coincidental or fortuitous so I decided not to say anything to anyone about the second. The odds have got to be stacked against that.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby BrandonD » Wed May 07, 2014 5:00 am

justdrew » Tue May 06, 2014 3:40 am wrote:I think it's very odd behavior on the part of the ufos. It's like, we find out about an uncontacted tribe of people, and rather than go talk to them, attempt to establish communication in any way, we project monty python's confuse-a-cat sketch from an overflying airplane, then act surprised they don't respond by performing cheese shop. So why are they behaving in this strange purposely purposeless manner?

possibilities (that would apply to these sort of seemingly not-of-this-earth ufo):
1. acclimatization campaign. Like Jane Goodall, they're just flying by and showing themselves to the primates, until eventually we get used to them flying around and just ignore them. (I might be there :wink: )

2. a pressure tactic against governments that refuse to talk to their public about contact.

3. they're some kind of animal(s)

4. We're a "road side attraction" that travelers from across the galaxies/universe just swing by out of curiosity to gawk at from time to time.

you're sure there's no missing time from when you went back to get the car and...

Those are all legitimate theories that have definitely occurred to me as well, especially the idea that they are somehow "living things" rather than just metal crafts.

I wish I understood the motivation, but it just makes no sense to me.

And what also makes no sense to me is that NO ONE ELSE seemed to see it! According to google there are 14,000 people living inside the loop and I've been scouring the internet for just one article about it - nada. These vehicles were not super high in the air, from my POV they were close to the tree-line (edit: they were significantly higher than the tree line in altitude, but from my viewing angle they were at the tree line), but they were definitely up there and they were zipping around and putting on a show.

I'm pretty sure there was no missing time when I went back to the car because my gf was waiting at the parking lot where I left her and it seems she would've noticed that I'd been gone a while. Unless it happened to her as well, but it just seems unlikely to me. I can't recall any gaps in continuity during that time.
Last edited by BrandonD on Wed May 07, 2014 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby BrandonD » Wed May 07, 2014 5:13 am

Iamwhomiam » Tue May 06, 2014 1:42 pm wrote:Perhaps nothing more than the ethereal bodies of fellow astral travelers, or that of remote viewers working?

Yes, this has also occurred to me. The reason it occurred to me is because of an experience I had about a decade ago (I think I might've talked about it on here?)

I flew to Peru to participate in 5 ayahuasca ceremonies. During the final ceremony, before the stuff "kicked in" and things got trippy, I saw a tiny point of light floating over the heads of the shaman and his apprentices. It changed color from blue to orange to white, and it flew around like a tiny living thing, and then would stop in an instant to a dead freeze. It was like nothing I'd ever seen before, and since I was still in an ordinary state of consciousness my mind was racing to decipher what it was.

Later I asked a shaman's apprentice about it and without hesitation she told me it was the teacher of the current shaman. And this teacher was not dead, he was still alive. Apparently he was able to travel to the ceremonies and observe them without his physical body, according to them.

There definitely seemed to be a similarity between the behavior of that tiny point of light and these UFOs the other night. However, I have to take this comparison with a grain of salt because that experience happened so long ago. I know that such old memories might not be 100% reliable.
BrandonD

Postby ShinShinKid » Thu May 08, 2014 1:45 pm

I still remember my UFO sighting very vividly. I literally had to drag people out of my work to look at it...nobody believed me. Well, they believed what they saw, and so do i. Mine resembled the capstone to a pyramid, just electrum silver all over and rising oh so slowly straight up into the sky.
Well played, God. Well played".
ShinShinKid

Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby freemason9 » Thu May 08, 2014 10:42 pm

BrandonD » Mon May 05, 2014 8:47 pm wrote:
freemason9 » Mon May 05, 2014 8:31 pm wrote:Chinese lanterns are beautiful.

Trolls are not.

You have to admit that Chinese lanterns are a more likely explanation than visiting alien spaceships.

Unless suggesting that is trolling . . . well, fuck me then.
The real issue is that there is extremely low likelihood that the speculations of the untrained, on a topic almost pathologically riddled by dynamic considerations and feedback effects, will offer anything new.
freemason9

Postby Perelandra » Thu May 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Fwiw, fm9 is generally a helpful and humorous voice. I have little to say in a ufo conversation, but I have seen Chinese lanterns and fancy balloons look mighty strange depending on conditions. That said, cool Brandon. Write more about Peru, if you're inclined.
“The past is never dead. It's not even past.” - William Faulkner
Perelandra

Postby BrandonD » Fri May 09, 2014 3:35 am

freemason9 » Thu May 08, 2014 9:42 pm wrote:
You have to admit that Chinese lanterns are a more likely explanation than visiting alien spaceships.

Unless suggesting that is trolling . . . well, fuck me then.

1) I never at any point in time implied that I saw alien spaceships. Please reference any statement I made to the contrary.

2) Chinese lanterns are a more likely explanation to a person who is afraid of his worldview being challenged, or a person with poor reasoning skills. As I already explained, these objects flew VERY quickly, zipping around much faster than a helicopter, they interacted with one another, and their lights blinked and strobed - please explain to me how Chinese lanterns behave in this manner.

I actually had the good fortune to mistake a Chinese lantern for a UFO when my band played a show in Dallas TX on Chinese New Year. I ended up tracking it down to its source, a Chinese restaurant several blocks away, and I watched a group of people launch about 15 of them, so I happen to know exactly what they look like in the night sky and how they behave.
BrandonD

Re:

Postby BrandonD » Fri May 09, 2014 3:38 am

Perelandra » Thu May 08, 2014 10:37 pm wrote:I have little to say in a ufo conversation, but I have seen Chinese lanterns and fancy balloons look mighty strange depending on conditions. That said, cool Brandon. Write more about Peru, if you're inclined.

Please read the previous comment re: Chinese lanterns.

Some pretty fantastic things happened while in Peru. I think that I wrote about some of them in a thread, I will try to find it and post a link.
Last edited by BrandonD on Fri May 09, 2014 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonD

Re:

Postby BrandonD » Fri May 09, 2014 3:43 am

Perelandra » Thu May 08, 2014 10:37 pm wrote:Fwiw, fm9 is generally a helpful and humorous voice.

If he's more of the trickster guy in the neighborhood then that's fine w me, it is sometimes tough to catch those kind of subtleties in print. He came across as the typical mainstream Joe who completely ignores what is being said and gives an absurd "debunking" explanation that does not fit the facts.

Either way, no hard feelings cigarette-smoking obama.
BrandonD

Postby BrandonD » Fri May 09, 2014 4:16 am

Here's a link to some of the experiences in Peru, and I just added another anecdote:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37517
BrandonD

Postby slimmouse » Fri May 09, 2014 8:23 am

Those are all legitimate theories that have definitely occurred to me as well, especially the idea that they are somehow "living things" rather than just metal crafts.

When I was looking at the Kenneth Arnold story a while back now, one thing that very much surprised me was listening to his daughter Kim talking on C2C about his experience. According to her, Arnold believed himself that the UFO's he saw during his own experience were somehow alive as opposed to metal craft.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby 82_28 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Yeah, I don't think anyone was implying "alien spacecraft". Just, a case of "here's what I saw in the sky and could not identify it". I for one know that I come from the Carl Sagan school of skepticism and while I don't rule out "alien spacecraft" I tend to just err on the side of the fact that there clearly are technologies in exisitence that we are not privy to. Whether these technologies only reside within our imaginations or indeed elsewhere -- we do not know. However, someone or something does. I think that's the whole point. It is occluded for a reason. As our good member Occult Means Hidden likes to say, "occult means hidden". If it is observed and the nature of which cannot be discerned, it becomes a UFO straight and simple.

As for Chinese lanterns. I indeed was bummed one time when I was able to tell they were lanterns. I was like "ooooh boy I'm watching some motherfucking UFOs!!!!" Then the sad fact dawned on me after intent observation. It was nothing. Just lanterns. Major bummer. The shit the OP hints at and also some of our other follow up comments are admitting that this shit was indeed anomalous as we can "tell the difference".
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Sounder » Fri May 09, 2014 4:50 pm

Bruce Duensing has thought about these issues quite a lot and today’s post from him seems to fit right in on this thread.

http://tarnsitsandstations.blogspot.com/

Friday, May 9, 2014
Are UFOs Macroscaled Quantum Effects?

In this post I am asking readers to determine for themselves if a theory I have synthesized matches the characteristics of Unidentified Atmospheric Phenomenon. This theory has been in formulation over a decade in various differing observations but never as a coherent totality. Is the UFO / UAP phenomenon, a macro-scaled quantum event, a result of the entanglement of matter and energy? We know that leading edge science is discovering new relationships all around us......

I am expressing the very strong suspicion that UAP is a previously unidentified form of transitional energy that arises and is in a feedback loop in conjunction with both an energetic environment and the aggregate sum of the human mind as a energy field. One field is entangled in another......
Sounder

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion