Militia and Moles . . . FBI Stops Militia Plot

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Militia and Moles . . . FBI Stops Militia Plot

Postby DrEvil » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:40 pm

American Dream » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:49 pm wrote:The Xenophobia, White Supremacy and Islamophobia, etc. which we associate with Militia types is not what we would expect from left wing movements...

Xenophobia - bourgeoisie
White supremacy - the proletariat
Islamophobia - organized religion

There you go.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:46 pm

Is that supposed to be anything more than just low level snark?
American Dream

Postby DrEvil » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Some snark and some pointing out that the radical left in many ways operate the same way as the radical right, just with different enemies. Plenty of far left fucktards operating around the world today via means of bombs and guns.

Sticking your head in the sand and pretending that leftists never do atrocious shit is selective blindness.

I agree that right now in the US the far right is a much bigger danger than the far left, and I'm kinda hoping (but not really) that they do something bad enough (armed uprising after Trump loses or similar) that you will have a good excuse to stomp them into the ground once and for all.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby American Dream » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:06 pm

I didn't understand what you were saying at all before. I definitely think that violent "left" groups like the Red Army Faction, the Weather Underground, the Symbionese Liberation Army, (and many others of the ilk) have a huge place on the Deep Politics map.

They've got little to nothing to do with the radical left as I know it, however.
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:13 pm

After Malheur, How Could Rural Oregon Prepare for Another Armed Militia?

A protester and sign outside the Portland courthouse in support of the defendants in the trial of the armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge

Key takeaways from the toolkit:

Members of the patriot movement take advantage of areas that are in need of readily available law enforcement and medical support.
“There are places in the state that don’t have 24-hour 911 dispatch,” says Campbell, referring to Josephine County, which was host to another militant occupation in 2015. “This infrastructure vacuum allows occupiers to insert themselves in a paramilitary formation as a solution.”

These groups aren’t just about dismantling federal power and protesting public ownership of land. They oppose all forms of gun restriction, spread anti-immigrant, anti-refugee, and anti-Muslim rhetoric, and members have, on numerous occasions, proved hostile to the Black Lives Matter movement, LGBTQ+ rights groups…. The list goes on.

In small towns, there is strength in numbers. Paramilitary movements can lose significant traction, and maybe be thwarted altogether, when communities challenge the idea that silence is support by coming together to publicly oppose occupiers.

http://www.pdxmonthly.com/articles/2016 ... ed-militia
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:25 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/statistics-s ... 27404.html

Statistics Show White Supremacy is a Bigger Threat to the U.S. Than Radical Muslims

Keisha Hatchett
October 3, 2015

Despite what Donald Trump and many other politicians have told you, the major threat to America isn’t Muslim extremism. In fact, statistics show that the real danger lies with domestic extremists who aren’t of the Muslim faith.

The New York Times reported back in June that since Sept. 11, 2001, almost twice as many people have died at the hands of white supremacists and other non-Muslim extremists than by radical Muslims. Using data compiled by New America, a Washington Research center, a study found that 48 people have been killed by extremists who are not Muslim—including the mass killings in Charleston, S.C.—compared to the 26 by self-proclaimed jihadists. However, this does not factor in yesterday’s tragic shooting or less publicized incidents like the Las Vegas couple who murdered two police officers and left a Swastika on one of the bodies.

These stats reveal a vast difference between public perception and the number of actual cases in which Muslim extremists have claimed American lives. So why aren’t more people outraged about domestic terrorists? Because then we’d have to admit that white supremacy is still a problem.

While the public hasn't quite caught on yet, scholars say that the issue needs to be addressed. “There’s an acceptance now of the idea that the threat from jihadi terrorism in the United States has been overblown,” Dr. John G. Horgan, who studies terrorism at the University of Massachusetts said. “And there’s a belief that the threat of right-wing, antigovernment violence has been underestimated.”

That’s an understatement.
American Dream

Postby Novem5er » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:11 pm

During the whole Oregon Protest thing, I saw many articles talk about how the sovereign citizen movement was the most dangerous group to law enforcement and to US government interests. Many of these articles were based on research pre-dating the Oregon Protest and cited the exponential growth of militia and sovereign citizen activity since Obama took office in 2008.

Fortunately, these groups seem to be much easier to infiltrate that say, Islamic extremists. Our greatest weakness with overseas terrorism is the difficulty getting HUMINT or infiltrating their groups. The sovereign citizen manifesto is relatively easy to find, understand, and repeat, and since they look like white America, it's not hard for a white American to infiltrate them. Beyond that, often people on the inside turn informer when they realize their buddies are about to get violent and damn everyone to life sentences in prison.
Novem5er

Postby Burnt Hill » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:37 pm

Or maybe its the inside informer that enables and encourages the group to turn violent and damn themselves.
Burnt Hill

Postby American Dream » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:48 pm

Given the gross discrepancies between people of color and white people with regards to the police, and given the de facto credibility of Donald Trump to the many, many millions who support his bullshit, can we really make the case that the Gubbermint is singling out the (angry) white men who joined the militia movement? Or the who dudes who blow up abortion clinics and shoot abortion doctors?
American Dream

Postby Burnt Hill » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:08 pm

What do you mean by singling out?
I assume they have a hot hand in every movement.
Certainly crazy fucks do violent shit without that helping hand though.
Or am I totally missing your point?
Burnt Hill

Postby American Dream » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:14 pm

I was responding to this, from Novem5er:

During the whole Oregon Protest thing, I saw many articles talk about how the sovereign citizen movement was the most dangerous group to law enforcement and to US government interests.
American Dream

Postby Burnt Hill » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:25 pm

Ahh, got it, thanks.
If you go by how deeply infiltrated they are and how much attention they got at the time, the idea has merit.
In reality that movement is surely a great asset to the Feds.
Burnt Hill

Postby American Dream » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:32 pm

The case for it concealing an American GLADIO, drawing on reactionary tendencies, is strong:

The Secret Origins of the Patriot Movement
American Dream

Postby Burnt Hill » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm

Interesting thread, thanks AD. :thumbsup
Burnt Hill

Postby km artlu » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:53 am

This in my opinion offers a clear, logical, and convincing overview:

https://willyloman.wordpress.com/2016/1 ... more-38854