Q-Anon as Information Warfare Operation

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Q-Anon as Information Warfare Operation

Postby Harvey » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:19 pm

I'm not sure I was disagreeing, probing perhaps.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:21 pm

Gotcha. BTW I don't think Kony was cut from the same cloth. It offered a very traditional Jingoistic top-down narrative and tried to build support for it using very middling tools, ala "street teams" and flash mobs, etc. Nothing was implied or left open-ended, really and the ways it asked people to get involved were quite straightforward, IMO.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Harvey » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:23 pm

liminalOyster » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:21 am wrote:Gotcha. BTW I don't think Kony was cut from the same cloth. It offered a very traditional Jingoistic top-down narrative and tried to build support for it using very middling tools, ala "street teams" and flash mobs, etc. Nothing was implied or left open-ended, really and the ways it asked people to get involved were quite straightforward, IMO.

It wasn't a psy-op then?
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Harvey » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:28 pm

Harvey » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:23 am wrote:
liminalOyster » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:21 am wrote:Gotcha. BTW I don't think Kony was cut from the same cloth. It offered a very traditional Jingoistic top-down narrative and tried to build support for it using very middling tools, ala "street teams" and flash mobs, etc. Nothing was implied or left open-ended, really and the ways it asked people to get involved were quite straightforward, IMO.

It wasn't a psy-op then?

To be clear, I think it was exactly what you suggest for PizzaGate, a precursor to much that has followed, from the war on Syria to Ukraine.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby drstrangelove » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:28 pm

Harvey » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:51 pm wrote:Is it possible that belief is optional but that facts are essential? Is it possible that Pizza Gate was simultaneously a lie and a psy-op and a poison pill and a limited hangout and an artefact of internecine rivalry among the paedophile elites and yet that it may have some basis in reality?

the most accurate description of what pIzzagate was in reality.

reality is flux.
drstrangelove

Postby Harvey » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:00 pm

Agreed. Flux.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:02 pm

Harvey » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:28 pm wrote:
Harvey » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:23 am wrote:

It wasn't a psy-op then?

To be clear, I think it was exactly what you suggest for PizzaGate, a precursor to much that has followed, from the war on Syria to Ukraine.

Yes, I think Kony2012 was a psy-op of some variety that likely involved obscure corporate/intel collaboration. However, unlike PG or Q, it was "The Story" that was handed down to the masses to manipulate their emotions and there was a subsequent on-high-offered set of "things you can do." It was very traditional in many regards. Fits with Syria and Ukraine propaganda for sure. Also largely fits with similar jingoistic campaigns long preceding it.

What I personally find unique and compelling about Q and PG is that "The Story" has always been a set of fragments and relies on simultaneously building paranoia, confidence, and identity in the "user" through their own ostensible process of putting the pieces together. The basic narrative is clear -- and yes clearly incorporating and hanging out in a limited fashion some of the same real insidious truths long discussed here -- but the *work* of the user is in extrapolating further and searching for hidden meanings. Ironically, it's sort of a mirror image of the work rank and file liberals were doing searching for Russians behind every door around the same time the PG and Q campaigns began.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Harvey » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:04 pm

I think you agree with me, that Kony was a useful testing ground and that lessons were learned.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby drstrangelove » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:35 pm

liminalOyster » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:02 pm wrote: it's sort of a mirror image of the work rank and file liberals were doing searching for Russians behind every door around the same time the PG and Q campaigns began.

you could explain Pizzagate to Liberals by replacing democrats with republicans and chickenhawk pedophilia with neonazism.

imagine a pizza restaurant linked to steve bannon whose owners posted nazi rune insignia on their instagram.
drstrangelove

Postby Harvey » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:41 pm

Shit, I think you just invented the next phase... :wink
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"