The Syria Thread 2011 - Present

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: US troops surround Syria on the eve of invasion?

Postby Grizzly » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:47 pm

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances as though they were realities" -- Machiavelli

Goddamn, anyone to do that to kids...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Elvis » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:24 pm

Grizzly » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:47 pm wrote:"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances as though they were realities" -- Machiavelli

Goddamn, anyone to do that to kids...

They're getting desparate. They've learned they can push Trump's buttons. I expect worse to come.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:27 pm

The excellent @MoonofA got it right nearly a fortnight ago:

MacCruiskeen » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:27 pm wrote:
Moon of Alabama‏ @MoonofA

Prediction:
If Trump now commits to war on Syria the anti-Trump "Russia spies" campaign will immediately stop.
Ransom paid, hostage released

13:23 - 6. Apr. 2017

https://twitter.com/MoonofA/status/850081468487536640
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Nordic » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:02 am

Iamwhomiam » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:54 pm wrote:In my book "an outrageous act of mass murder" is a tragedy, regardless of which party initiated it.

Perhaps Moon of Alabama magically knows who to blame, but these days it's difficult for me to discern any one guilty party. The video I saw of an interview at the scene with an "eyewitness," a woman who referred to murdered children as "martyred" rather than as "killed" or "murdered" and other wounded as "injured." I found that a bit odd for a civilian to say. But then, I don't live there. I wouldn't think an innocent child so murdered would be referred to as being "martyred." So that aroused suspicion all might not be as reported.

Maybe if you got out more you would know that is what people from that part of the world always say when anybody is killed in a violent act of war. Always. For fucks sake. How ignorant people seeem to have become. Or did I slip into an alternate reality in the past few months where

And it sure as fuck isn't "difficult to discern" who the guilty party is in this case. All you have to do is read and pay attention and turn off your fucking tv. Oh and use your goddamn brain. Why are you here again? If you trust CNN and Rachel Maddow, why the fuck are you here?

Bye. See you again maybe in a few weeks, months, or never. I just came to post about the "gas attack" being proved to be a complete fucking hoax. Not that anybody gives a shit. Great quote, Grizxly, from good old Machiavelli.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances as though they were realities" -- M
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Searcher08 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:38 am

Sargon's video is the calmest, most rational dissection I have seen of what is happening.
Searcher08

Postby norton ash » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:50 am

Nordic » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:02 am wrote:
Iamwhomiam » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:54 pm wrote:In my book "an outrageous act of mass murder" is a tragedy, regardless of which party initiated it.

Perhaps Moon of Alabama magically knows who to blame, but these days it's difficult for me to discern any one guilty party. The video I saw of an interview at the scene with an "eyewitness," a woman who referred to murdered children as "martyred" rather than as "killed" or "murdered" and other wounded as "injured." I found that a bit odd for a civilian to say. But then, I don't live there. I wouldn't think an innocent child so murdered would be referred to as being "martyred." So that aroused suspicion all might not be as reported.

Maybe if you got out more you would know that is what people from that part of the world always say when anybody is killed in a violent act of war. Always. For fucks sake. How ignorant people seeem to have become. Or did I slip into an alternate reality in the past few months where

And it sure as fuck isn't "difficult to discern" who the guilty party is in this case. All you have to do is read and pay attention and turn off your fucking tv. Oh and use your goddamn brain. Why are you here again? If you trust CNN and Rachel Maddow, why the fuck are you here?

Bye. See you again maybe in a few weeks, months, or never. I just came to post about the "gas attack" being proved to be a complete fucking hoax. Not that anybody gives a shit. Great quote, Grizxly, from good old Machiavelli.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances as though they were realities" -- M

Wow, Iam says that assigning blame in Syria might be tricky, and gets yelled at and insulted for not using his brain and being a dupe of the MSM. Your time with the alt-right has really done wonders for you, Nordic.

that is what people from that part of the world always say when anybody is killed in a violent act of war. Always. For fucks sake.

Always! Those people from that part of the world.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby tapitsbo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:36 pm

"martyr" surely not always! but hardly odd for a civilian in context

and peeps like tom friedman are the ones defining the meaning of "fascist" in "our part of the world", obscenely enough
Last edited by tapitsbo on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tapitsbo

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Oh, you're slipping alright, Nordic, slipping into darkness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTRnhnXH0Cg

Enjoy your time away. I wish you well, always.
Iamwhomiam

Postby SonicG » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:43 am

So, is the 100 Day marker for when the show war turns into the real war?
It doesn't seem like it will actually get any better, does it?

Is Mad Dog Planning to Invade East Syria?
by MIKE WHITNEY
The Pentagon’s plan for seizing and occupying territory in east Syria is beginning to take shape. According to a Fox News exclusive:

“The Islamic State has essentially moved its so-called capital in Syria… ISIS is now centered in Deir ez-Zur, roughly 90 miles southeast of Raqqa, the officials said.”
(“ISIS moves its capital in Syria”, FOX News )

The move by ISIS corresponds to the secretive massing of US troops and military equipment on the Syria-Jordan border. It creates the perfect pretext for a ground invasion followed by a long-term military occupation in an area that Washington has sought to control for the last 18 months. Here’s more on the topic from South Front:

“The US military is reportedly concentrating troops and military equipment at the Syrian-Jordanian border. Local sources said that about 20 US Army armoured vehicles (including battle tanks and artillery pieces) carried on trucks were spotted in Al-Mafraq. US troops were allegedly accompanied with the Jordanian Army’s 3rd Division.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/04/24/ ... ast-syria/

Will the words "Raqqa Offensive" become as well known as say...well, I'll be...the Tet Offensive? Raqqa Rolla ...Ted Nugent and Kid Rock in the White House...Elvis...was a hero to most, but he didn't mean shit to me...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:05 am

Iamwhomiam

Postby Elvis » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:19 pm

The far-from conclusive New York Times video there is full of "we believe" speculations; charges that "Syria has yet to explain...[things they cannot be expected to explain]"; cites "critical timing" of bomb attacks, which proves nothing; relies on the ISIS White Helmets' "SMART" news agency for its video and "witness" accounts; and so on. It's hilarious when the NYTimes accuses other entities of "evasions and distortions."
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:35 am

German soldier 'posed as Syrian asylum-seeker to carry out terror attack and blame it on refugees'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04 ... suspicion/

An officer in the German army who spent more than a year posing as a Syrian refugee has been arrested on suspicion of planning a terror attack.

The 28-year-old lieutenant, who has not been named under German privacy laws, was living a double life, prosecutors said on Thursday.

Police are believed to be working on the theory that the officer, who has a history of expressing anti-foreigner views, planned to carry out a “false flag” terror attack and blame it on refugees.

No details of the suspected terror plot have been released.

The arrested man successfully posed as Syrian asylum-seeker despite the fact he is of German background and speaks no Arabic.

etc.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby cptmarginal » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:55 pm

JackRiddler wrote:
German soldier 'posed as Syrian asylum-seeker to carry out terror attack and blame it on refugees'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04 ... suspicion/

An officer in the German army who spent more than a year posing as a Syrian refugee has been arrested on suspicion of planning a terror attack.

The 28-year-old lieutenant, who has not been named under German privacy laws, was living a double life, prosecutors said on Thursday.

Police are believed to be working on the theory that the officer, who has a history of expressing anti-foreigner views, planned to carry out a “false flag” terror attack and blame it on refugees.

No details of the suspected terror plot have been released.

The arrested man successfully posed as Syrian asylum-seeker despite the fact he is of German background and speaks no Arabic.

etc.

I was just about to post that in: How does Gladio extend into the present day?

The first lieutentant — identified in German media reports only as "Franco A." — had managed to fulfill all his military duties while posing as a refugee for more than a year, authorities said.

“The man was evidently leading a dual life,” Nadja Niesen of the state prosecutors office in Frankfurt told reporters.

She said he had appeared one day in December 2015 at a refugee center in the Bavarian town of Zirndorf claiming to be a Christian and the son of a fruit merchant in Damascus.

He spoke no Arabic, only French, and told local officials that after fleeing Syria he had applied for asylum and was receiving $450 a month in state benefits. He was also given a room in a refugee shelter where he spent time on weekends and while on military leave.

“I’ve never heard of anything like this before,” Niesen said. “It’s an extraordinary story. He was only sporadically at the refugee center and no one seemed to notice anything unusual about him.”

The soldier had been stationed with an elite army unit based just across Germany’s western border in Illkirch, France.

On Feb. 3, he was briefly detained after he tried to pick up a gun that authorities had found hidden in a bathroom at the Vienna airport and left there as a trap, according to Der Spiegel magazine.

Elite army units, racist nationalist ideology, hidden weapons caches and traps; where have I heard all of this before?

31 Arms and Poison Caches Are Found in West Germany - November 3, 1981
The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby Rory » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:28 pm

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/say- ... 5759d56819

’m calling it right now: @AmenaShaladi is the greatest parody account in Twitter history. Begun earlier this month in response to the infuriating Bana Alabed deep state propaganda operation, “Amena Shaladi” is not only consistently hilarious and loyal to its source material, but is also extremely politically relevant in the way it thumbs its nose at something that is sorely in need of relentless ridicule.

SmartSelectImage_2017-04-28-11-26-29.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rory

Postby conniption » Wed May 03, 2017 9:39 pm

May 03, 2017

Syria Summary - A New Russian Proposal And A Battle For The South

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2017/05/sy ... south.html
_______

comment #2:

Goodman and Gopal Lie About Syria

Amy Goodman, the world's most tireless promoter of Al Qaeda and ISIS, has outdone herself in outrageous mendacity about events in Syria.

Goodman this morning brought on one Anand Gopal to explain to viewers who's responsible for the catastrophic violence in Syria.

The very first words out of Gopal's mouth were these: “Well, I think it’s important to understand that there’s no regime change policy from the United States toward Syria. And there never has been a regime change policy.”

He repeated that several times over the next few moments, then came up with “the two biggest sources of violence in the country—number one is the Assad regime, which has just killed incredible numbers of civilians, tortured, maimed, executed anybody who resists, essentially. And the second biggest source of violence in Syria is the Russian regime.”

This was followed by the preposterous “explanation” of why Assad would would suddenly commit political and military suicide when he was finally winning the war against the terrorists: “The principal beneficiary of the chemical attacks was the people who carried it out, which was the Assad regime. This—you have to understand, this comes in the context of, just a week before that, you had statements from the American administration, from Tillerson and from Trump, saying that the Syrian question is up to Syrians to decide, which is a implicit way of saying that even our very weak statement prior to this, that Assad must go, even that we’re dropping. So, he was now operating from a position of what he saw as basically impunity. And that’s—it was under those conditions under which he carried out the chemical attack.”

A little later he again averred: “Obama said again and again that Assad must go, but didn’t give the opposition the means to actually make that happen, and, in fact, spent most of his time policing the opposition to make sure that Assad wouldn’t be ejected.”

He claims that individuals join ISIS “because of the sheer brutality of the Assad regime,” thus carrying forward the absurdity that Assad initiated ISIS. He did not try to explain why citizens of the brutal Saudi regime would care enough about supposed regime brutality in Syria to go there and risk their lives fighting against it.

Finally, he claimed that there is only one force fighting ISIS in Syria -- the Kurdish YPG “which is backed by the United States.”

So Gopal's story is that the US is fighting ISIS all alone except for a few Kurdish fighters, while Assad and Russia expend all their efforts slaughtering innocent Syrian civilians.

The outrageous lies continue for several more minutes; if you have the stomach for it, you can read them yourself here:
https://www.democracynow.org/2017/5/3/j ... _brutality

And by the way, I copied the transcript and have it here, in case Goodman orders alterations to the copy that's posted on her site.

p.s. Gopal has ties to the Democratic party and the Clintons through Bernard L Schwartz and the “New America Foundation.”

Posted by: AntiSpin | May 3, 2017 2:13:24 PM | 2
conniption

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion