Mass sexual assaults in Cologne

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Mass sexual assaults in Cologne

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:41 am

Excuse me, friends, I must catch my jet
I’m off to join the Development Set;
My bags are packed, and I’ve had all my shots
I have traveller’s checks and pills for the trots!

The Development Set is bright and noble
Our thoughts are deep and our vision global;
Although we move with the better classes
Our thoughts are always with the masses.

In Sheraton Hotels in scattered nations
We damn multi-national corporations;
injustice seems easy to protest
In such seething hotbeds of social rest.

We discuss malnutrition over steaks
And plan hunger talks during coffee breaks.
Whether Asian floods or African drought,
We face each issue with open mouth.

We bring in consultants whose circumlocution
Raises difficulties for every solution –
Thus guaranteeing continued good eating
By showing the need for another meeting.

The language of the Development Set
Stretches the English alphabet;
We use swell words like “epigenetic”
“Micro”, “macro”, and “logarithmetic”

It pleasures us to be esoteric –
It’s so intellectually atmospheric!
And although establishments may be unmoved,
Our vocabularies are much improved.

When the talk gets deep and you’re feeling numb,
You can keep your shame to a minimum:
To show that you, too, are intelligent
Smugly ask, “Is it really development?”

Or say, “That’s fine in practice, but don’t you see:
It doesn’t work out in theory!”
A few may find this incomprehensible,
But most will admire you as deep and sensible.

Development set homes are extremely chic,
Full of carvings, curios, and draped with batik.
Eye-level photographs subtly assure
That your host is at home with the great and the poor.

Enough of these verses – on with the mission!
Our task is as broad as the human condition!
Just pray god the biblical promise is true:
The poor ye shall always have with you.
-Ross Coggins

Lords of Poverty by Graham Hancock
By Edward Bosnar

It’s too bad that updated editions of “Lords of Poverty” were never published; indeed, even this edition was out of print for several years before this reprint edition. Hancock’s writing style here may be a sustained rant, but it nevertheless provides a great deal of useful information and tears down many of the misconceptions most Americans or Europeans may have about the international aid industry. Particularly interesting is his criticism of the various UN agencies and, especially, the World Bank and the IMF – whose projects all too often do more harm than good (if they do any good at all). Perhaps the most disturbing aspect exposed in this book is still quite valid today: that taxpayers in the big donor countries like the U.S., Germany, Japan, the U.K. etc. are footing the bill for many disastrous projects worldwide that make the lives of impoverished populations even worse and often destroy in the environment in the process. “Lords of Poverty” may be dated, but it’s still well worth the read.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:04 am

SLAD. Despite all that you posted. I'm not one to deny a conspiracy completely or fail to realize the IMF as a tool of American imperialism. Talk to me if you are responding to me. Then ask questions to me. That would be a dialogue. Thanks.
Rage against the ever vicious downward spiral.
Time to get back to basics. [url=http://zmag.org/zmi/readlabor.htm]Worker Control of Industry![/url]
Occult Means Hidden

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:08 am

Occult Means Hidden » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:04 am wrote:SLAD. Despite all that you posted. I'm not one to deny a conspiracy completely or fail to realize the IMF as a tool of American imperialism. Talk to me if you are responding to me. Then ask questions to me. That would be a dialogue. Thanks.

sorry you don't like the way I respond with facts......so now you believe in conspiracies?

please don't dictate to me how I am to respond to you ...I respond to you the same way I respond to most people that question my thinking...by posting facts that I have read that have lead me to the conclusion YOU are questioning ...how else am I to respond to you? By posting unsubstantiated facts posted by a anonymous poster on the internet? Actually I have no questions for you ..sorry ..I just don't....I guess your opinions are not that interesting to me. :shrug: I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I do have to allocate my time the way I see fit...not the way you are insisting.

very funny your name .....Occult Means Hidden...... considering what you are arguing :P

there's your dialogue
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:15 am

Of course I believe there are conspiracies. I post here. You haven't read my statements. Not everything is a conspiracy and not every conspiracy originates from the U.S. and the West. That's it. That's all what my thesis is. If you are denying this, then we are very far apart.

Taken into extension, the IMF certainly is NOT responsible for Syrian immigration to Europe. All you've provided is allusions to it. No proof. I'm open to the idea though, you should be open to the idea that migration is simply self preservation from millions, and there is not necessarily a hidden hand in it.
Time to get back to basics. [url=http://zmag.org/zmi/readlabor.htm]Worker Control of Industry![/url]
Occult Means Hidden

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:19 am

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:28 am

The U.S. has responsibility for Syrian refugees because we started destructive wars

They say half of the Syrian population is displaced, trying to stay out of the way of the war between ISIS, various Al-Qaeda offshoots, militias, and the the regime of Bashar al-Assad. It was a vibrant country of 17 million with infrastructure in 2003. But today the country is destroyed by the civil war that broke out following the United States war on Iraq (2003-2010), the United States war on Afghanistan (2003-present), revolution in Egypt, and Europe’s armed intervention in Libya and the toppling of Gaddafi. More than 250,000 are dead as a result of this war. More than 3.5 million refugees have fled the country. Where can they go? What do they find? What sufferings and uncertainties do they experience?

What is the alternate history where Al Gore is elected President in 2000? What is the alternate history where the United States does not launch two destructive 10 year wars in the Middle East in 2003? How much of the current refugee problem in the Middle East and North Africa is traceable to our actions in these wars?

Hundreds of thousands of refugees are on the road in a continuous stream heading for Europe. Through the Balkans they head for Austria and Germany; across the Mediterranean they head for Italy and Germany. Approximately 300,000 refugees have made their way across the Mediterranean this year. Nearly 3,000 have drowned or were murdered along the way.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:41 am

You know there is one country in prime position to facilitate a conspiracy to migrate refugees to Europe. That country is Turkey. Provide some on the ground proof that the Turkish government is transporting, and encouraging this migration with special emphasis on the male population and you might be on to something. Although, that would deflect from your IMF centered thesis somewhat. Would it not?

And although I'm tempted, I won't discuss the ISIL fiction in this thread.
Occult Means Hidden

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:01 pm

yes Turkey

Turkey has paid off all debt owed to the IMF which extended its first loans more than 50 years ago, and is now set to contribute to the Fund's operations, owing to economic growth that gave a priority to the private sector, Turkish officials said on Tuesday.
"After a long period, Turkey has paid off, cut to zero its debt with the IMF. I hope this development will be positive for our country," Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan told deputies from his Justice and Development Party (AKP).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEFN2TvgXgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcqYizy ... UgnFxrseGq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNvKGkMunYY
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:06 pm

Meet The Man Who Funds ISIS: Bilal Erdogan, The Son Of Turkey's President
View Revisions
Tyler Durden's pictureSubmitted by Tyler Durden on 11/26/2015 20:55 -0400

Russia's Sergey Lavrov is not one foreign minister known to mince his words. Just earlier today, 24 hours after a Russian plane was brought down by the country whose president three years ago said "a short-term border violation can never be a pretext for an attack", had this to say: "We have serious doubts this was an unintended incident and believe this is a planned provocation" by Turkey.

But even that was tame compared to what Lavrov said to his Turkish counterparty Mevlut Cavusoglu earlier today during a phone call between the two (Lavrov who was supposed to travel to Turkey has since canceled such plans).

As Sputnik transcribes, according to a press release from Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Lavrov pointed out that, "by shooting down a Russian plane on a counter-terrorist mission of the Russian Aerospace Force in Syria, and one that did not violate Turkey’s airspace, the Turkish government has in effect sided with ISIS."

It was in this context when Lavrov added that "Turkey’s actions appear premeditated, planned, and undertaken with a specific objective."

More importantly, Lavrov pointed to Turkey’s role in the propping up the terror network through the oil trade. Per the Russian statement:

"The Russian Minister reminded his counterpart about Turkey’s involvement in the ISIS’ illegal trade in oil, which is transported via the area where the Russian plane was shot down, and about the terrorist infrastructure, arms and munitions depots and control centers that are also located there."
Others reaffirmed Lavrov's stance, such as retired French General Dominique Trinquand, who said that "Turkey is either not fighting ISIL at all or very little, and does not interfere with different types of smuggling that takes place on its border, be it oil, phosphate, cotton or people," he said.

The reason we find this line of questioning fascinating is that just last week in the aftermath of the French terror attack but long before the Turkish downing of the Russian jet, we wrote about "The Most Important Question About ISIS That Nobody Is Asking" in which we asked who is the one "breaching every known law of funding terrorism when buying ISIS crude, almost certainly with the tacit approval by various "western alliance" governments, and why is it that these governments have allowed said middleman to continue funding ISIS for as long as it has?"

Precisely one week later, in even more tragic circumstances, suddenly everyone is asking this question.

And while we patiently dig to find who the on and offshore "commodity trading" middleman are, who cart away ISIS oil to European and other international markets in exchange for hundreds of millions of dollars, one name keeps popping up as the primary culprit of regional demand for the Islamic State's "terrorist oil" - that of Turkish president Recep Erdogan's son: Bilal Erdogan.

His very brief bio:

Necmettin Bilal Erdogan, commonly known as Bilal Erdogan (born 23 April 1980) is the third child of Recep Tayyip Erdo?an, the current President of Turkey.

After graduating from Kartal Imam Hatip High School in 1999, Bilal Erdogan moved to the US for undergraduate education. He also earned a Masters Degree in John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University in 2004. After graduation, he served in the World Bank as intern for a while. He returned Turkey in 2006 and started to his business life. Bilal Erdogan is one of the three equal shareholders of "BMZ Group Denizcilik ", a marine transportation corporation.
Here is a recent picture of Bilal, shown in a photo from a Turkish 2014 article, which "asked why his ships are now in Syria":

In the next few days, we will present a full breakdown of Bilal's various business ventures, starting with his BMZ Group which is the name implicated most often in the smuggling of illegal Iraqi and Islamic State through to the western supply chain, but for now here is a brief, if very disturbing snapshot, of both father and son Erdogan by F. William Engdahl, one which should make everyone ask whether the son of Turkey's president (and thus, the father) is the silent mastermind who has been responsible for converting millions of barrels of Syrian Oil into hundreds of millions of dollars of Islamic State revenue.

By F. William Engdahl, posted originally in New Eastern Outlook:

Erdogan's Dirth Dangerous ISIS Games

More and more details are coming to light revealing that the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, variously known as ISIS, IS or Daesh, is being fed and kept alive by Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the Turkish President and by his Turkish intelligence service, including MIT, the Turkish CIA. Turkey, as a result of Erdogan’s pursuit of what some call a Neo-Ottoman Empire fantasies that stretch all the way to China, Syria and Iraq, threatens not only to destroy Turkey but much of the Middle East if he continues on his present path.

In October 2014 US Vice President Joe Biden told a Harvard gathering that Erdogan’s regime was backing ISIS with “hundreds of millions of dollars and thousands of tons of weapons…” Biden later apologized clearly for tactical reasons to get Erdo?an’s permission to use Turkey’s Incirlik Air Base for airstrikes against ISIS in Syria, but the dimensions of Erdogan’s backing for ISIS since revealed is far, far more than Biden hinted.

ISIS militants were trained by US, Israeli and now it emerges, by Turkish special forces at secret bases in Konya Province inside the Turkish border to Syria, over the past three years. Erdo?an’s involvement in ISIS goes much deeper. At a time when Washington, Saudi Arabia and even Qatar appear to have cut off their support for ISIS, they remaining amazingly durable. The reason appears to be the scale of the backing from Erdo?an and his fellow neo-Ottoman Sunni Islam Prime Minister, Ahmet Davuto?lu.

Nice Family Business

The prime source of money feeding ISIS these days is sale of Iraqi oil from the Mosul region oilfields where they maintain a stronghold. The son of Erdogan it seems is the man who makes the export sales of ISIS-controlled oil possible.

Bilal Erdo?an owns several maritime companies. He has allegedly signed contracts with European operating companies to carry Iraqi stolen oil to different Asian countries. The Turkish government buys Iraqi plundered oil which is being produced from the Iraqi seized oil wells. Bilal Erdogan’s maritime companies own special wharfs in Beirut and Ceyhan ports that are transporting ISIS’ smuggled crude oil in Japan-bound oil tankers.

Gürsel Tekin vice-president of the Turkish Republican Peoples’ Party, CHP, declared in a recent Turkish media interview, “President Erdogan claims that according to international transportation conventions there is no legal infraction concerning Bilal’s illicit activities and his son is doing an ordinary business with the registered Japanese companies, but in fact Bilal Erdo?an is up to his neck in complicity with terrorism, but as long as his father holds office he will be immune from any judicial prosecution.” Tekin adds that Bilal’s maritime company doing the oil trades for ISIS, BMZ Ltd, is “a family business and president Erdogan’s close relatives hold shares in BMZ and they misused public funds and took illicit loans from Turkish banks.”

In addition to son Bilal’s illegal and lucrative oil trading for ISIS, Sümeyye Erdogan, the daughter of the Turkish President apparently runs a secret hospital camp inside Turkey just over the Syrian border where Turkish army trucks daily being in scores of wounded ISIS Jihadists to be patched up and sent back to wage the bloody Jihad in Syria, according to the testimony of a nurse who was recruited to work there until it was discovered she was a member of the Alawite branch of Islam, the same as Syrian President Bashar al-Assad who Erdogan seems hell-bent on toppling.

Turkish citizen Ramazan Bagol, captured this month by Kurdish People’s Defence Units,YPG, as he attempted to join ISIS from Konya province, told his captors that said he was sent to ISIS by the ‘Ismailia Sect,’ a strict Turkish Islam sect reported to be tied to Recep Erdogan. Baol said the sect recruits members and provides logistic support to the radical Islamist organization. He added that the Sect gives jihad training in neighborhoods of Konya and sends those trained here to join ISIS gangs in Syria.

According to French geopolitical analyst, Thierry Meyssan, Recep Erdogan “organised the pillage of Syria, dismantled all the factories in Aleppo, the economic capital, and stole the machine-tools. Similarly, he organised the theft of archeological treasures and set up an international market in Antioch…with the help of General Benoît Puga, Chief of Staff for the Elysée, he organised a false-flag operation intended to provoke the launching of a war by the Atlantic Alliance – the chemical bombing of la Ghoutta in Damascus, in August 2013. “

Meyssan claims that the Syria strategy of Erdo?an was initially secretly developed in coordination with former French Foreign Minister Alain Juppé and Erdogan’s then Foreign Minister Ahmet Davuto?lu, in 2011, after Juppe won a hesitant Erdogan to the idea of supporting the attack on traditional Turkish ally Syria in return for a promise of French support for Turkish membership in the EU. France later backed out, leaving Erdogan to continue the Syrian bloodbath largely on his own using ISIS.

Gen. John R. Allen, an opponent of Obama’s Iran peace strategy, now US diplomatic envoy coordinating the coalition against the Islamic State, exceeded his authorized role after meeting with Erdogan and “promised to create a "no-fly zone" ninety miles wide, over Syrian territory, along the whole border with Turkey, supposedly intended to help Syrian refugees fleeing from their government, but in reality to apply the "Juppé-Wright plan". The Turkish Prime Minister, Ahmet Davutoglu, revealed US support for the project on the TV channel A Haber by launching a bombing raid against the PKK.” Meyssan adds.

There are never winners in war and Erdogan’s war against Syria’s Assad demonstrates that in bold. Turkey and the world deserve better. Ahmet Davutoglu’s famous “Zero Problems With Neighbors” foreign policy has been turned into massive problems with all neighbors due to the foolish ambitions of Erdogan and his gang.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:22 pm

Michael Parenti on the IMF and the World Bank, Corporate America, and more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYf4WYfzwBQ
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:25 pm

Michael Parenti - Inventing Reality (recorded 10/17/93)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-SK8bUsshQ
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:36 pm

Occult Means Hidden » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:25 pm wrote:Jakell again is the voice of reason. Bravo! Not much room for deception here. Not everything is a grand conspiracy, either. I'm reminded of SLAD's recent thread positing a grand conspiracy by using immigration as a weapon. To wield the movement of autonomous individuals across several boarders and waterways for a malignant purpose would require complicity at each stage of those boarders crossed. That's a lot of coordination required from a variety of independent actors.

here's the deal OMH....I wouldn't even be in this thread but for the fact that YOU interjected my name in it. And I believe that was a direct taunt at me because of what I posted in another thread...just like you stated. So if you think I am happy about this and should just buck up and start a dialogue with you ...you are sadly mistaken...

I take exception to your statement that a malignant purpose would require complicity at each stage of those boarders crossed .That statement is absolutely false and the "coordination required" is an invented term on your part .....not a fact.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby slimmouse » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:50 pm

With due respect OMH, Slad is posting her evidence and you are posting your opinion.

Kinda like a few others around here do- myself included these days.

But the idea that there is no grand conspiracy is just talk to me.

On edit , thanks for the reference to the forgotten or even unheard of Hancock book SLAD.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:00 pm

The Turkey-ISIL connection is compelling to this discussion.

However the IMF connection is severely lacking. There is a reason I don't am not responding with facts, logic is enough.

Turkey has paid off all debt owed to the IMF which extended its first loans more than 50 years ago, and is now set to contribute to the Fund's operations, owing to economic growth that gave a priority to the private sector, Turkish officials said on Tuesday.
"After a long period, Turkey has paid off, cut to zero its debt with the IMF. I hope this development will be positive for our country," Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan told deputies from his Justice and Development Party (AKP).

If you owe somebody, they own you. If you don't, then they don't have leverage over you. Turkey doesn't owe the IMF so there is less room to do its bidding. You can assume Tukey is getting good with the IMF as a financier, but that's a huge assumption. You aren't proving your point. Turkey can have its own independent international interests.

Posting IMF101 videos of what happened is not an indication of what is happening. A Michael Parenti video from 1993 is all factual but also all irrelevant.

sLAD, I know you've been doing this for decades. Activism of some sort, - but maybe you've embraced a singular focus that has caused a bias that you are not aware of? I ask this because it is vitally important we all question our own assumptions from time to time. Please question my biases if you can find them. Thanks.
Occult Means Hidden

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:02 pm

slimmouse » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:50 pm wrote:With due respect OMH, Slad is posting her evidence and you are posting your opinion.

Kinda like a few others around here do- myself included these days.

But the idea that there is no grand conspiracy is just talk to me.

On edit , thanks for the reference to the forgotten or even unheard of Hancock book SLAD.

With respect the evidence is real but the logic is flawed. That's why I don't need to respond with facts. The conclusions are bias.
Occult Means Hidden

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion