Just had major UFO Sighting

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Just had major UFO Sighting

Postby BrandonD » Fri May 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Sounder » Fri May 09, 2014 3:50 pm wrote:Bruce Duensing has thought about these issues quite a lot and today’s post from him seems to fit right in on this thread.

http://tarnsitsandstations.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the link! I think he is on to something.

At the same time, it makes me realize that I may have related this experience in a bit of a lopsided manner.

Yes the UFOs did at times dart around like living things, but at other times they moved in a VERY precise and mechanical fashion like machines. I remember at the beginning of the sighting the first UFO was flying along horizontally like a plane and then just froze in place, and then proceeded to move perfectly up and perfectly down as though in an elevator. During those times, it definitely gave the impression of a machine. But then it would suddenly fly all erratically and I would become confounded, because how can a machine do THAT?

If I were to make a wild sci-fi guess I'd say that it was some kind of living being/AI machine symbiosis. The crafts definitely appeared to be physical structured vehicles (especially from the POV of my girlfriend who could actually make out their shapes - they were each a different shape according to her), and they performed very precise mechanical movements as well as organic movements like a living thing.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby alwyn » Sat May 10, 2014 2:30 am

i've seen a few odd things in the sky. once was long ago when i lived in Pahrump, Nev, really far too close to the nuclear testing facilities and area 51. There was this stationary large orange round sphere over the mountains near Shoshone, just sitting there one night. The thing was huge. I went to bed before it went away, so i have no idea how it left. It creeped me out.

Another was in my current house in norcal. A neighbor and i were on the front stoop, looking out into the night, and this huge white vertical dumbell shape flew over the house. Totally silent. we both looked at each other, and said "What was that?" I've looked up pics of the space station as seen from earth, it wasn't that, but this one had a straight line trajectory. I haven't seen anything like it anywhere, but i've read a few accounts since of 'dumbell shaped ufos'.
question authority?
alwyn

Postby BrandonD » Sun May 11, 2014 12:07 am

For a dose of uncalled-for paranoia, the night of this sighting I submitted a report to texasufosightings.com, which was the first result that came up when I did a google search on "report ufo sighting in houston". For whatever reason, the report was never published on their site, though I've noticed that several reports have been posted since then that were dated after mine. So they definitely skipped my sighting for some reason.

Perhaps they just decided it was too spectacular to be real? The other sightings on there that I've noticed were either quite boring and mundane, or pointing towards a secret military vehicle explanation.

If they did skip my sighting because it sounded unbelievable, then this is of great interest because I know it definitely happened, and the fact that they might be disregarding all but the most mundane of UFO reports means that we are not being shown the ones that are possibly the most informative for the general public. It is also curious that they never followed up with any sort of contact.

I guess I will have to send them an email inquiry as to why they disregarded my report. Maybe it is just a clerical error.
BrandonD

Postby Nordic » Sun May 11, 2014 4:51 pm

BrandonD » Sat May 10, 2014 11:07 pm wrote:
I guess I will have to send them an email inquiry as to why they disregarded my report. Maybe it is just a clerical error.

Obviously the Aliens erased your email before it was ever received.

"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Nordic » Sun May 11, 2014 4:54 pm

By the way, just stumbled across this. It's probably fake, but seems to be making the rounds on Facebook.

http://video.xin.msn.com/watch/video/st ... /1j88l0h8o
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby BrandonD » Sun May 11, 2014 7:17 pm

Nordic » Sun May 11, 2014 3:54 pm wrote:By the way, just stumbled across this. It's probably fake, but seems to be making the rounds on Facebook.

http://video.xin.msn.com/watch/video/st ... /1j88l0h8o

It's that glow aura that seems particularly fake
BrandonD

Re: Re:

Postby freemason9 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:22 pm

BrandonD » Fri May 09, 2014 2:43 am wrote:
Perelandra » Thu May 08, 2014 10:37 pm wrote:Fwiw, fm9 is generally a helpful and humorous voice.

If he's more of the trickster guy in the neighborhood then that's fine w me, it is sometimes tough to catch those kind of subtleties in print. He came across as the typical mainstream Joe who completely ignores what is being said and gives an absurd "debunking" explanation that does not fit the facts.

Either way, no hard feelings cigarette-smoking obama.

Ha!

Interestingly, I am sometimes called Mainstream Bob at times in certain establishments. That's especially interesting because my name isn't Bob.
The real issue is that there is extremely low likelihood that the speculations of the untrained, on a topic almost pathologically riddled by dynamic considerations and feedback effects, will offer anything new.
freemason9

Re: Re:

Postby BrandonD » Mon May 12, 2014 4:10 am

freemason9 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:22 pm wrote:Ha!

Interestingly, I am sometimes called Mainstream Bob at times in certain establishments. That's especially interesting because my name isn't Bob.

Were you by chance in a TV series called Twin Peaks?
BrandonD

Postby lucky » Mon May 12, 2014 7:03 am

I have had x3 experiences that were unexplained, rwice i saw 'orbs' whits and very high darting in and out of cummulus clouds and the 'best ' one was a silver ball that seemed to rotate but was stationary in the sky about 1000m up and it when it turned it flashed like a mirror it was the middle of the day in N London TYried to take a pic on my phone but nothing came out.
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby BrandonD » Mon May 12, 2014 1:57 pm

lucky » Mon May 12, 2014 6:03 am wrote:I have had x3 experiences that were unexplained, rwice i saw 'orbs' whits and very high darting in and out of cummulus clouds and the 'best ' one was a silver ball that seemed to rotate but was stationary in the sky about 1000m up and it when it turned it flashed like a mirror it was the middle of the day in N London TYried to take a pic on my phone but nothing came out.

I've often wondered if these objects are normally completely invisible to the ordinary person, and occasionally through accident or intentional design they become visible for a brief time.

When a UFO is seen, is its visibility facilitated by the object itself or by the viewer?
BrandonD

Postby alwyn » Tue May 13, 2014 4:39 pm

BrandonD wrote:I've often wondered if these objects are normally completely invisible to the ordinary person, and occasionally through accident or intentional design they become visible for a brief time.

When a UFO is seen, is its visibility facilitated by the object itself or by the viewer?

That is a question for physics, no? The observer acting upon the observed?
question authority?
alwyn

Postby BrandonD » Tue May 13, 2014 6:55 pm

alwyn » Tue May 13, 2014 3:39 pm wrote:
BrandonD wrote:I've often wondered if these objects are normally completely invisible to the ordinary person, and occasionally through accident or intentional design they become visible for a brief time.

That is a question for physics, no? The observer acting upon the observed?

Well, it's a question for whomever and whatever can solve it. I wasn't really raising a philosophical or conceptual question, I was puzzling over the fact that I only know of two people in my entire city, myself and my gf, who saw these crafts.

But we were in an ordinary state of consciousness, and the objects appeared very much to be physical objects. It is something I can't reconcile, why were we apparently the only people to see them in the 4th largest city in the US? Why was this not a big deal, at the very least why wasn't there at least one mention of it on facebook or some other social media?

I remember the streets being relatively empty at the time, but even still there were cars out there. It's possible that others might have caught a short glimpse of these things while driving, there are a lot of trees in this city that might obscure one's view from certain angles. Maybe it was too brief to be memorable.

That would be a conventional explanation, if these are simply physical vehicles like drones utilizing some exotic technology. Now, why they would be testing drones using exotic technology in the middle of downtown Houston is another matter.

I can't help but wonder if there is some "spiritual" element to the event, like perhaps we were in some particular subtle state of consciousness at the time, and because of this we were able to perceive objects that might be around us all the time but invisible.

The problem with that theory is that my state at that time seemed very typical and ordinary. But perhaps the state that zeros in on these objects is something more subtle than I'm generally capable of perceiving? An intermediate shade where we are used to seeing only the primary colors?

I've been hoping that someone somewhere who saw this event would write about it and perhaps start a larger public dialogue, so that I would have some sort of thread to pull on this mystery. But it has just been left hanging. It is so frustrating.
BrandonD

Postby BrandonD » Tue May 13, 2014 7:23 pm

Update for anyone who is interested: It appears that texas UFO sightings has published my report, I sent them quite a detailed report and here is the entirety of what they have on their website:

"May 4th, 2014 Downtown Houston: Two multi-colored flashing objects fly together in circles, quite erratically - people reply that they think it is meteors"

Then there is a link which says "read forum thread", and when you click on that link it simply takes you back to the page of Houston UFO reports.

http://www.texasufosightings.com/1/cate ... ton/1.html

Firstly, who in the hell are these "people" who think it is meteors?

Here is something else that is quite unusual, and weirding me out a bit. For the following day they have a report which says this:

"May 5th, 2014
McAllen (South Texas): Blue orb hovering - people suggest meteors, but the witness comments "No way in heck these were meteors. Absolutely no way."

I live nowhere near McAllen TX, and did not report this sighting. However, on the night of my sighting I did post queries to any forums where someone might have seen these UFOs, in the hope that there would be another witness to talk to. One of the places I made a post was the GLP forum, this was the first time I've visited that forum in about a year. I started a thread titled "Did anyone see the UFOs over downtown Houston tonight?"

I described in brief what I saw, two bright colored objects flying in erratic patterns and circling one another. The one person who commented suggested that they were meteors, and my exact response to this comment was "No way in heck these were meteors. Absolutely no way."

The EXACT words and phrasing of the response to this other person's McAllen TX sighting. Incorrect grammar and everything.

Here is a link to my GLP post: http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum ... 543819/pg1

Perhaps this is an honest mistake, but why on earth is my response on the GLP forum listed on the Texas UFO Sightings website, and why is it listed as someone else's response for a different UFO sighting? Hardly anyone viewed my GLP post, and literally one person commented. It almost makes me think of some bot collecting up comments on Houston-area UFOs across the internet.

Weird.
BrandonD

Postby KUAN » Wed May 14, 2014 2:20 am

Strange Sighting in Skies of NZ looks Like a Pair of UFOs

4:49 PM Wednesday May 14, 2014

An Australian film crew believes it captured two UFOs on film near Queenstown.

The Colour in your Life film crew told MailOnline they spotted the UFO while editing their footage this week.

The film crew captured the footage - of what appears to be two objects racing across the South Island sky - while filming a scene of a motorbike riding across a bridge.

Colour in your Life production manager Tanita Cree told MailOnline that the team were blown away when they took a closer look at the footage.

"We were all like, what was that?" she said.

After slowing down the film, the two shapes can be seen above the trees moving across the sky and disappearing.

"It was the speed they were moving at, they just jumped out of the trees," Ms Cree said.

KUAN

Postby BrandonD » Wed May 14, 2014 3:19 am

KUAN » Wed May 14, 2014 1:20 am wrote: Strange Sighting in Skies of NZ looks Like a Pair of UFOs

4:49 PM Wednesday May 14, 2014

An Australian film crew believes it captured two UFOs on film near Queenstown.

The Colour in your Life film crew told MailOnline they spotted the UFO while editing their footage this week.

The film crew captured the footage - of what appears to be two objects racing across the South Island sky - while filming a scene of a motorbike riding across a bridge.

Colour in your Life production manager Tanita Cree told MailOnline that the team were blown away when they took a closer look at the footage.

"We were all like, what was that?" she said.

After slowing down the film, the two shapes can be seen above the trees moving across the sky and disappearing.

"It was the speed they were moving at, they just jumped out of the trees," Ms Cree said.

Cool video, it seems they like to travel in pairs these days :lol:
BrandonD

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion