'EcoFascism' and related Acts of Criminality.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: 'EcoFascism' and related Acts of Criminality.

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun May 12, 2024 6:58 pm

DrEvil » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:26 pm wrote:
There is no just cause for ‘climate alarm’. Weather is subject to fluctuations, historically (though I do not rule out that regional/locational weather may well be influenced by certain technology. This is already acknowledged under ostensibly beneficial aims, as reported by mainstream press [climate/geo-engineering, etc]).

I really don't get this. You're all aboard with us having technology for geo-engineering, but you're still refusing to accept that the total output of industrialized civilization and human activity can change the climate? They both work on the same principle - release things into the atmosphere to change the weather/climate - except the latter is several orders of magnitude larger. We are geo-engineering the climate, that's why people are worried.

Emissions are NOT notable drivers of weather fluctuations, no (excessive emissions without regulation/guardrails will have detrimental impact to ecology/the environment, but that's a wholly separate issue). There is no sound evidence of human-based emissions altering the climate in any way that would result in 'imminent' detrimental fluctuations, despite years of programming and blatant propaganda. We can refer to the 'climate change' active thread here to delve into that further.

Re-directing to some of the ostensible 'clean tech' offerings out there (and the incremental steps being pushed by govts to force these -- wasteful, not merely ineffective -- 'solutions'):

@GreyER_13

This is a Tesla model Y battery. It takes up all of the space under the passenger compartment of the car. To manufacture it you need:
--12 tons of rock for Lithium (can also be extracted from sea water)
-- 5 tons of cobalt minerals (Most cobalt is made as a byproduct of processing copper and nickel ores. It is the most difficult and expensive material to obtain for a battery.)
-- 3 tons nickel ore
-- 12 tons of copper ore

You must move 250 tons of soil to obtain:
-- 26.5 pounds of Lithium
-- 30 pounds of nickel
-- 48.5 pounds of manganese
-- 15 pounds of cobalt

To manufacture the battery also requires:
-- 441 pounds of aluminum, steel and/or plastic
-- 112 pounds of graphite

The Caterpillar 994A is used to move the earth to obtain the minerals needed for this battery. The Caterpillar consumes 264 gallons of diesel in 12 hours.

The bulk of necessary minerals for manufacturing the batteries come from China or Africa. Much of the labor in Africa is done by children. When you buy an electric car, China profits most.
The 2021 Tesla Model Y OEM battery (the cheapest Tesla battery) is currently for sale on the Internet for $4,999 not including shipping or installation. The battery weighs 1,000 pounds (you can imagine the shipping cost). The cost of Tesla batteries are:

Model 3 -- $14,000+ (Car MSRP $38,990)
Model Y -- $5,000–$5,500 (Car MSRP $47,740)
Model S -- $13,000–$20,000 (Car MSRP $74,990)
Model X -- $13,000+ (Car MSRP $79,990)

It takes 7 years for an electric car to reach 'net-zero' CO2. The life expectancy of the battery is 10 years (average). Only in the last 3 years do you start to reduce your carbon footprint, but then the batteries must be replaced and you lose all gains made.

And finally, my new friend, Michael, made some excellent points: I forgot to mention the amount of energy required to process the raw materials and the amount of energy used to haul these batteries to the U.S. sometimes back and forth a couple of times.

But by all means, get an electric car. Just don't sell me on how awesome you are for the environment. Or for human rights.

Dr. Sharnael Wolverton Sehon
http://Drsharnael.com

https://x.com/GreyER_13/status/1789576147690299635
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 'EcoFascism' and related Acts of Criminality.

Postby DrEvil » Tue May 14, 2024 2:05 pm

Assuming all those numbers are correct, this one paragraph really says it all:

It takes 7 years for an electric car to reach 'net-zero' CO2. The life expectancy of the battery is 10 years (average). Only in the last 3 years do you start to reduce your carbon footprint, but then the batteries must be replaced and you lose all gains made.

Over the average lifetime of an EV it has three years worth of reducing your carbon footprint.

An ICE vehicle never reaches net-zero, they pollute all the time all the way, and you can't recycle the materials to make new fuel, which you can with an EV battery. You don't have to dig up new metals for each new battery, but you do have to dig up new oil each time you want to refuel your ICE.

I would also like to see the equivalent numbers for the materials that go into fueling an ICE vehicle. What does it take to build a platform and get it out in the ocean, or to set up a fracking operation? How do you get the oil from the extraction site, refine it, and then to the gas station? What kind of fuel does your average fuel truck run on, and how many miles do they drive each day on average? How many coups and wars and bribes and assassinations to get the production licenses? How much nature and wildlife destroyed in the process?

I'm gonna be an optimist and say you're interested in knowing the answer to that because you want to present the best argument possible to support your case, so I'm waiting with baited breath for you to dig up those numbers.

Edit: holy fuck, this "Dr." (naturopath and minister) is something else. She sells, and I shit you not, cards with pictures of crystals on them.

Raise your frequency without carrying 80 crystals in your handbag! These are the only cards synchronizing the energetic power of crystals, essential oils, and decrees. Get ready to raise your vibration and activate your miracles.

You know that crystals hold frequency. Well, photos of crystals hold frequency, too. So carrying a card has power…and it doesn’t need to be cleaned or cleared.

I'm going to have to request a second source for those numbers. Preferably someone who isn't completely fucking insane and/or a shameless grifter.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to General Discussion