Dang, what is it with pig farmers?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby robotilt » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:46 pm

Lotsa Pickton info here too:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/pickton/
robotilt

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:22 pm

The pig farmer says murder allegations against him are.....

......hogwash..
chiggerbit

Postby greencrow0 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:10 am

Could this be a secret signalling between two men who are 'cornered"?

gc

From the CNN

Cheney: Talk of blunders in Iraq is 'hogwash'

POSTED: 9:58 p.m. EST, January 24, 2007
Story Highlights
• NEW: Cheney: Premise of blunders hurting credibility on Iraq is "hogwash"
• NEW: Vice president says question about daughter is "out of line"
• Congressional opposition won't stop plan to increase troops, he says
• Pulling out of Iraq would validate terrorists' strategy, Cheney says
Adjust font size:
Decrease fontDecrease font
Enlarge fontEnlarge font

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Vice President Dick Cheney on Wednesday dismissed as "hogwash" the suggestion that blunders may have hurt the administration's credibility on Iraq and led members of Congress on both sides of the aisle to question President Bush's plan to send more troops to Baghdad.

In an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, conducted a day after Bush delivered his State of the Union address, Cheney was asked to respond to some Republicans in Congress who "are now seriously questioning your credibility, because of the blunders and the failures."

To that, Cheney answered, "Wolf, Wolf, I simply don't accept the premise of your question. I just think it's hogwash."

Cheney said the administration is committed to moving ahead with its plan to send more troops to Baghdad, even if Congress passes a resolution in opposition. (Read a transcript of the interview PDF)

"It won't stop us," he said. "...."
greencrow

History: A race between knowledge and catastrophe
greencrow0

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:10 pm

http://tinyurl.com/2fnzug

Hmmm, not sure why that links up wrong. Here's the article:

NEW WESTMINSTER, B.C. — Robert Pickton’s lawyer failed Wednesday to convince an undercover RCMP officer that the accused serial killer was referring to pigs when he said “carcasses” during a jail-cell conversation between the two men.

“I believe the carcasses were human, not animals,” the officer responded to Peter Ritchie’s suggestion.

Ritchie is cross-examining the officer, who was placed in Pickton’s cell following his arrest for murder on Feb. 22, 2002.

During the conversation Pickton said “I buried myself. They got me on this.”

The officer then said “what have they got?”

Pickton responded “I don’t know, there’s old carcasses.”

Ritchie’s cross-examination style is to make a comment, then say to the officer, “don’t you think?” or “do you agree with that?” or “I think you’ll agree with me?”

In most cases the officer has not agreed with the lawyer, including that Pickton is a “simple-minded man” or that the officer was trying to get Pickton to boast and brag during the conversation.

The court has watched video recordings of both the conversation between Pickton and the undercover Mountie and Pickton’s formal interrogation.

Pickton made a series of stunning comments during both the interrogation and the conversation with the undercover officer, including “four I was sloppy with. I just couldn’t finish it off” and “I wanted one more, make the big five-O.”

Pickton also said that “about 15 other people are gonna go down. Some will go down the tank” and that he planned to kill another 25 women.

Defence lawyer Peter Ritchie has attempted to paint Pickton as simple and strange.

Pickton, 57, who ran a pig-butchering business on the family farm, is on trial in B.C. Supreme Court for the first six of the 26 first-degree murders he’s now charged with.

Within six months of the February 2002 interview, police found three of the missing women’s heads and their hands and feet on the Pickton farm, as well as bones and teeth from other alleged victims.

Police also recovered DNA from bones on the farm that matched the DNA from a skull found on the side of the road in Mission, B.C., in 1995.

Pickton accepts those body parts were found on the property but he denies he killed the women.

Pickton is currently being tried for the murder of Andrea Joesbury, Mona Wilson, Sereena Abotsway, Marnie Frey, Georgina Papin and Brenda Wolfe.

Other highlights of the undercover conversation include:

• Pickton told the undercover officer there were “five girls right now, will do anything to take my place right now.” Last week, court heard Pickton had at least five female associates who spent time at his farm.

• Pickton recounted an incident in 1997 when he was charged with attempted murder. He was knifed by a woman at his farm.

• He joked about living in “Pork Coquitlam”.

• Pickton bragged about being world famous and made continual reference to being a pig farmer.

• He said he has “a bad side, a bad streak.”

• He took two pigs to the Downtown Eastside in sacks and released them.

Vancouver Province

© CanWest News Service 2007
chiggerbit

pig to man

Postby cortez » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:18 am

He had only one criticism, he said, to make of Mr. Pilkington's excellent and neighbourly speech. Mr. Pilkington had referred throughout to "Animal Farm." He could not of course know-for he, Napoleon, was only now for the first time announcing it-that the name "Animal Farm" had been abolished. Henceforward the farm was to be known as "The Manor Farm"-which, he believed, was its correct and original name.

"Gentlemen," concluded Napoleon, "I will give you the same toast as before, but in a different form. Fill your glasses to the brim. Gentlemen, here is my toast: To the prosperity of The Manor Farm! "

There was the same hearty cheering as before, and the mugs were emptied to the dregs. But as the animals outside gazed at the scene, it seemed to them that some strange thing was happening. What was it that had altered in the faces of the pigs? Clover's old dim eyes flitted from one face to another. Some of them had five chins, some had four, some had three. But what was it that seemed to be melting and changing? Then, the applause having come to an end, the company took up their cards and continued the game that had been interrupted, and the animals crept silently away.

But they had not gone twenty yards when they stopped short. An uproar of voices was coming from the farmhouse. They rushed back and looked through the window again. Yes, a violent quarrel was in progress. There were shoutings, bangings on the table, sharp suspicious glances, furious denials. The source of the trouble appeared to be that Napoleon and Mr. Pilkington had each played an ace of spades simultaneously.

Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
cortez

Postby greencrow0 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:38 am

• He took two pigs to the Downtown Eastside in sacks and released them.

Old Willie is such a card! He may be a serial killing mass murderer but his sense of humour is quintessentially Canadian.

gc
greencrow

greencrow0

Pig Farmer lives up to stereotype

Postby greencrow0 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:47 am

From the Vancouver Province.

Pig Farmer lives up to stereotype

75 deaths planned: Pickton
Accused killer revealed plan to undercover cop, court told

This courtroom illustration shows accused serial-killer Robert Pickton as seen in his jail cell on video during court proceedings yesterday in New Westminster.

Ethan Baron, The Province
Published: Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Robert "Willie" Pickton chuckled and grinned as he told an undercover cop he planned a total of 75 killings, court heard yesterday.

The accused serial killer said he had "buried" himself. "They got me," Pickton said. "There's old carcasses. They've got DNA."

Aware that their cinder-block cell at the Surrey RCMP station was equipped with a camera, Pickton sidled over to his cellmate's bunk and sat next to him when the policeman, posing as a violent criminal, talked about disposing of things in the ocean.

"I did better than that," Pickton said. "A rendering plant."

Police caught him because he was "Mister Sloppy," he said. "Four I was sloppy with."

Pickton discussed multiple killings as he spooned up a plate of jailhouse dinner.

His arrest came before he reached his preliminary goal, he said. "I was going to do one more, make it an even 50," he said. "I wanted one more, make, make the big 5-O."

He said he was going to "let everything die for a while . . . then do, do another 25 new ones." The camera didn't stop the accused from picking his nose and eating the results. On one occasion, he chewed slowly for more than a minute afterward.

"It's good to have nose hair," Pickton noted.

Pickton, 57, who ran a pig-butchering business on his family's Port Coquitlam farm, is on trial in B.C. Supreme Court in New Westminster for the first six of the 26 first-degree murders he's charged with. He allegedly preyed on drug-addicted prostitutes from Vancouver's Downtown Eastside, and for the first trial is accused of killing Mona Wilson, Sereena Abotsway, Brenda Wolfe, Georgina Papin, Marnie Frey and Andrea Joesbury.

Pickton returned to the cell after an 11-hour interrogation by RCMP, which he described to his cellmate as "like a f---in' nightmare in hell."

"I guess I'll never get out," he said. "The rest of my life, without parole."

Fifteen people whom he considered friends would "go down" with him, he said. "I'm a key-holder."

He told his cellmate about the police questioning. "I was just telling them right, left and centre that's the way it is and that's it," Pickton bragged. "I really screwed their minds up."

Investigators were going to dig in pig manure at the farm to see if it contained human remains, he said. "Pigs don't eat that," the undercover officer said.

"I know that, but you can't tell 'em that," Pickton replied.

In cross-examination, defence lawyer Peter Ritchie, who had earlier referred to Pickton as "slow," failed several times to get the officer to agree that Pickton appeared "simple."

Pickton's jail-cell stories about living in a chicken coop at age two, and a plan to release two suitcases of bats into an elevator shaft at a four-star hotel, were indicative of a simple mind, Ritchie suggested.

"I personally wouldn't describe Mr. Pickton as a simple fellow," the officer responded.

"Where are you going to get two suitcases full of bats?" Ritchie asked.

"There's fruit bats that you can catch," the policeman said. "It's not impossible."

The cross-examination continues today.
greencrow

greencrow0

Postby Project Willow » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:53 am

Being very careful here..

I received a long email with the title quoted below. I cannot post it. In the synopsis it names Hell's Angels, organized crime groups, church, law enforement, government and judicial involvement. One of the witnesses names Picton's piggy palace as a dumping ground.

Memorandum on the Organized Disappearance, Torture, Exploitation and Murder of Women and Children on Canada's West Coast - A Summary from Eyewitnesses

If the memo is accurate, the media will go out of its way to spin a lone nut story.[/url]
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby greencrow0 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:04 am

Project Willow

Yes, this is already looking very contrived. Everybody knows that the Hells Angels are very active in that part of the lower mainland.

I always bring up the story about how the police have a huge headquarters building right in the area where the women disappeard from and their police cars are driving up and down that area and people from the Downtown East Side used to yell at the police cars as they were going down Hastings...."Go to the Pig Farm in Coquitlam, that's where the women went!' and still the police 'didn't get a clue'.

gc
greencrow

greencrow0

Postby streeb » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:24 pm

I always bring up the story about how the police have a huge headquarters building right in the area where the women disappeard from and their police cars are driving up and down that area and people from the Downtown East Side used to yell at the police cars as they were going down Hastings...."Go to the Pig Farm in Coquitlam, that's where the women went!' and still the police 'didn't get a clue'.

Precisley. And that's just one of the reasons we can maintain such low expectations of the trial. Furthermore, the details PW received in the email have been floating around the larger community since Pickton was arrested.

But yeah, like Greencrow says, a huge, HUGE cop shop RIGHT in the middle of the neighbourhood, if you can call it that, where the women disappeared, and where the open sale of hard drugs continues to this day, seemingly uninhibited by the gigantic police presence right in its face. Why?

Meanwhile, maybe 10 blocks away, the Vancouver PD is busy handing out jaywalking tickets on Granville.

edited for spelling
streeb

Slick Willie Pigton

Postby annie aronburg » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:50 am

I'm bumping this in light of the shooting in Ontario and because the jury for Pickton's first trial is now in deliberations.

This week the court decided all those grieving women waiting around for the verdict were making the courthouse too homey, and banned blankets, board games and crochet needles.

With all the tax money that has been spent so the police can play CSI (after ignoring the slaughter that went on under their noses for years) and the attorneys can pay for their photocopies, would it really be so hard to accomodate the vicitms' families while they waited the verdict?

True, it is inconvenient to have to operate normal court business around a throng of victims' families, but that's going to have to be society's punishment for it's role in this sad affair.

from the Vancouver Sun:

On the weekend, there was an almost festive mood in the courthouse, as relatives played board games, did jigsaw puzzles, crocheted and knit. They also chatted amicably while huddling under colourful blankets provided to them by victims services workers, to find off the persistent chill in the large, glass-covered foyer of the courthouse.

However, on Monday all signs of the homeyness of the weekend was gone from New Westminster Supreme Court.

No knitting or crochet needles were allowed inside because they were considered possible weapons; no board games or jigsaw puzzles on the hallway tables, or bright blankets draped over knees because regular weekday business was underway in the courthouse.

That has upset the families, most of whom are far from home and living out of hotel rooms paid for by the provincial government's victims services unit. They say a few creature comforts in the courthouse would help them pass the 11 hours daily the jury has been deliberating.

"How do they expect us to sit still all these hours before a verdict?" asked Lynn Frey, step-mother of Marnie Frey. "We've already gone through enough. We've lost our loved ones. All we want to do is knit or crochet or build a puzzle or something."

Beaudoin said the site of the families huddled under blankets, endlessly waiting in the courthouse, is something the public should see so they are reminded about the casualties of the missing women case.

"What is wrong with us sitting there with a blanket around our laps?" Beaudoin asked. "The public should know what's going on."

If I were a First Nations woman in this situation (as many of the families in these cases are), I'd march down there in my Hudson Bay blanket and insist on my right to wear ceremonial robes to official tribal business. If there was resistance, I'd poke them with my crochet needle.

Pickton's a creep but he's getting a lot of work pinned to him. It's difficult for me to see him as hard-working enough to accomplish all his charges.
The victims were the kind of women who knew a lot of the city's secrets, I doubt they were all "his" victims.

If you've never been to Vancouver, you should know the junction of Main and Hastings in the downtown eastside is perhaps the MOST concentrated locus of human suffering in North America.
I'm connoisseur of "bad areas" as they say in Repo Man, and there's little that compares with the non-stop pageant of misery and degradation in the heart of North America's most liveable city.
Friends from NY, LA, Houston and Detroit have confirmed this observation while partaking of the best Chinese food in on the continent right around the corner.

I wonder if Steve Remian was being tracked. I wonder how much and which flavours of organized crime are involved.

Oh Canada!

AA
"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.
annie aronburg

Postby FourthBase » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:54 am

Occult Means Hidden wrote:ok. what is most creepy is that those pigs who ate pieces of people were probably, over time sold for their meat and aten by people. :shock:

Creepy? No, that is what is most hilarious. Don't get me wrong: It's truly ghoulish either way, pig or human. But it's "deliciously" ironic that nobody would've been able to tell the difference. Gee, like, maybe you shouldn't eat something where that could ever be possible?

If you've never been to Vancouver, you should know the junction of Main and Hastings in the downtown eastside is perhaps the MOST concentrated locus of human suffering in North America.
I'm connoisseur of "bad areas" as they say in Repo Man, and there's little that compares with the non-stop pageant of misery and degradation in the heart of North America's most liveable city.
Friends from NY, LA, Houston and Detroit have confirmed this observation while partaking of the best Chinese food in on the continent right around the corner.

I think I've heard about that section, is that where the junkies roam?
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:29 am

bump
chiggerbit

Postby chillin » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:37 am

FourthBase wrote:
I think I've heard about that section, is that where the junkies roam?

Ya, there's a little park/shooting gallery surrounded by urban blight. Really grim place.
chillin

Postby Luposapien » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:58 pm

Somewhat tangental, but I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned in this thread that Bush's "ranch" in Crawford, TX used to be a pig farm before being transformed into a live-in photo-op.
If you can't laugh at yourself, then everyone else will.
Luposapien

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion