Steven Greer: Disinformation Project

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Corvidaerex » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:31 pm

Jeff: While it's pretty well documented that there's a lot of funny business with Roswell, reverse engineering, etc., it's also true that a lot of people really truly believe the ET/spaceship idea. Maybe they got it from the disinfo people. Maybe they have the Cold War disease. Maybe it's just a logical theory. Long before the United States had a military-industrial complex, people like HG Wells were certainly giving consideration to the ET/spaceship hypothesis.

Hugh: I know, it's always disinfo. Except thousands and thousands of people right now, today, can tell you fantastic and (to them) completely true stories of outlandish things happening in the sky. We are not talking about drones or stealth fighters (although misidentification of such things is surely the cause of many mundane UFO reports). We are talking about, for lack of a better term, religious experiences. Often with multiple witnesses, often involving people who are paid to be up and alert at night (pilots, cops, astronomers) and who face professional derision for going public with such accounts.

I've had one such dramatic experience, as have many other people who comment or lurk here. I've mentioned it here before, long ago, and it's one of the reasons the seemingly impossible is so fascinating to me. I'm not religious, so I didn't find religion in it. I'm also not a UFO true believer, so that was of little interest to me. I'm fairly attuned to human trickery, deception, propaganda and the like -- I support my family by working in media, which by design dulls and distracts the mind and consciousness. There's no way *I* would call the local TV station; I know those people and their trade. Plus, what good would it do? We have enough dumb superstition and shallow theology in North America.

Yet, real things are happening to real people all the time, all over the world. If you can believe anything in the old religious texts and mythologies -- today's historians of the ancient world certainly treat myth and religion as keys to understanding the past -- then the UFOs have always been around, as have the "ET" creatures or goblins or bigfoots. My favorites from our era are the "fictional" Bob from "Twin Peaks" and the creepy "raccoon" who took Kary Mullis on a secret ride. (The Mullis book really is a terrific read, btw. Funny, weird, iconoclastic, gossippy .... My wife called it the funniest science book she's ever read, and she's a scientist. Mullis gets lower marks when it comes to his relations with the female species.)
Corvidaerex

Blog: View Blog (0)

DDT

Postby Trifecta » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:36 am

DDT

(Decoy, Distract and Trash)

by

Steven M. Greer M.D.
Director, The Disclosure Project

Copyright 2002

A former high official at the NSA (National Security Agency) told me about a protocol informally dubbed DDT - that old poisonous chemical long-banned in much of the world. In this application, it stands for Decoy, Distract and Trash - which is what sophisticated intelligence operatives use to set up some person or group, take them off the trail of something real and important, and trash the person or the subject.

This pretty much sums up the lion's share of all things UFOlogical, with the latest example being the much-hyped Sci-Fi channel roll-out of Spielberg's mini-series, 'Taken'.

Late last spring or early summer, I was contacted by the PR firm responsible for the ramp-up to 'Taken' and was informed that they wanted to link it to Disclosure. I was told that those rolling out 'Taken' are "joined at the hip with the main stream media" and that they were going to spend a very large sum of money moving the UFO subject front-stage and center to empower Disclosure as sort of a sophisticated 'P and A' (entertainment industry jargon for Prints and Advertising that promotes a film or product).

DDT. By linking Disclosure and ensnaring Disclosure witnesses and evidence in a commercial undertaking like 'Taken' (on the Sci-Fi channel nonetheless) the ultimate DDT program can be achieved. It is not just the hijacking and trashing of serious witnesses and evidence into the silly season of 'Honey, I just had sex with aliens' routine. It is the association of important evidence, scientists and witnesses with a xenophobic titled science fiction product like 'Taken' and the entire abduction industry that can empower fear in the minds of the masses regarding all things extraterrestrial.

You will recall that no less a figure than Wernher Von Braun warned to his personal spokesperson Dr. Carol Rosin in 1974 that after the cold war, those operating behind the scenes would roll out global terrorism and then, finally, a hoaxed alien threat from outer space. Dr. Rosin gave this testimony before 9/11, by the way.

Why? Well, a xenophobic and hysterical take on visitors from space (so well represented by military hoaxed abductions made to look 'alien') would have something for everyone who enjoy secret power and control:

For the military-industrial-laboratory-intelligence-corporate complex, there would be trillions of dollars in lucrative spending for Star Wars - now with a REAL enemy to fight! As they said in the movie Independence Day, "Lets kick alien butt..."

For schemers wishing to unite the world in militarism and control through fear (as opposed to our common humanity and peace...) what better way to attain this goal than to roll out serious UFO evidence and link it to a body of hoaxed faux-alien encounters contained within the abduction sub-culture? People are easily herded and controlled through fear, and can there be anything more scary than evil 'aliens' floating poor, innocent humans onto UFOs to torture and sexually abuse them? Right.

For misguided religious fanatics and secret religious cults, who pine for the long-awaited end-of-the-world, Armageddon scenario, what better fulfillment of their misinterpreted prophecy than a Final Great Battle in space?

Well, there is just something for everyone, if you can get people to buy it. But how?

All good disinformation has some real, true information contained within it. The mixing of truth with lies makes the lies believable. So by hoaxing a scary alien abduction scenario with serious data, evidence, documents and witnesses, the lie goes down so much more smoothly...

Those inside the multi-million dollar abduction industry have for years told me of suppressed testimony from abductees who recall human military operatives running the show - essentially controlling the event. Dr. Helmut Lammer and others have documented this hideous abuse of civilians by rogue covert operations. And most importantly, we have interviewed military and corporate insiders who have described in excruciating detail how they have hoaxed these 'alien abductions' - and why.

The truth is hidden in plain sight, but it is wrapped in so much deception that it is seldom seen.

One such military operative explained to me how his team had abducted key military people at one point so that they would "learn to hate the aliens" and get on board the covert Star Wars juggernaut.

When you have billions of black-budget dollars at your disposal, reverse-engineered Alien Reproduction Vehicles (see the testimony of Mark McCandlish in the book 'Disclosure' available at http://www.DisclosureProject.org/shop.htm) biological creatures made on Earth that look 'alien' and sophisticated mind-altering psychotronic weapon systems, hoaxing an 'alien abduction' is like taking candy from a baby.

And you know, the truth is so much more bizarre than fiction (even Sci-Fi channel fiction) that who will believe it?

Well, we tried. I explained all this to Mr. Spielberg's representatives at the Sci-Fi channel and PR firm, and that I would say as much if included in any of their programs. An invitation has not been forthcoming. What a surprise!

By using Mr. Podesta, President Clinton's Chief of Staff, and other notables (including, alas, some Disclosure Project witnesses) this DDT operation is attempting to jump start Von Braun's long-ago predicted hoaxed alien threat. For what could be more terrifying than linking real ET and UFO evidence and serious military and government testimony, with a xenophobic-titled science fiction product like 'Taken', along with all the other virulent and fearsome hoaxed experiences purveyed by the abduction industry? A great DDT it is.

I do not know if Mr. Spielberg, Mr. Podesta, the Sci-Fi executives, George Washington University, PBS' Ray Suarez, or others know of any of this. In most cases, most players in a DDT disinformation scheme are unwitting victims themselves. Let's hope they are.

But with power comes responsibility. And Mr. Spielberg et al have money and power and need to do their due diligence lest they be used by a DDT scheme created to ramp up Star Wars and Armageddon.

Especially Mr. Spielberg. For I have long admired his dedication to documenting the history of the Holocaust by recording the testimony of those who survived it. I worry now that he is, perhaps unwittingly, being used to unleash the worst holocaust the Earth has ever seen.

Steven M. Greer MD
Director, The Disclosure Project
October 24, 2002

http://www.disclosureproject.org/ddt.htm

Perhaps Greer should have got himself one of these (humour)

JON LOCKE,
ALIEN ABDUCTEE

"Since trying Michael Menkin's Helmet, I have not been bothered by alien mind control. Now my thoughts are my own. I have achieved meaningful work and am contributing to society. My life is better than ever before. Thank you Michael for the work you are doing to save all humanity."
- Jon Locke
the future is already here—it just got distributed to the wealthy first
Trifecta

Mt Shasta

Postby sandymac » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:44 am

Now he apparently makes his living from lecture appearances and by charging hefty fees for week-long 'Ambassador to the Universe" training courses in places like Mt. Shasta, California. The idea is to make physical and/or mental contact with Them, whoever They may be. Details are explained in Greer's self-published books.

Ha ha ha.
Just today I was in awe of Mt Shasta.
What a magnificent place on Mother Earth.
Think of this location only with respect.

"If you run to the sea, the sea will be boiling...
If you run to the rocks, the rocks will be melting...
DownPressor man...
Where are you going to f*cking run to?", sings Sinead.
Tender is the night.
sandymac

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:23 am

Attack Ships on Fire wrote:I downloaded and watched the LA
3. If Greer is a charlitan, again, why not film some of these "encounters" with shining lights and dump them on YouTube so he can make more money from his CSETI field trips and books?

So in short, if Greer is a hoaxer or genuine, why not use the viral video outlets on the internet to elevate his name or mission?

Oh man oh man, he does. See, they push a reliable product, which is their documentary, heavily downloaded and passed around. There's dozens and dozens of dudes on myspace who promote Greer apparently for free.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby rothbardian » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:22 am

I guess I don't understand the handwringing over Greer's unusual views. Who really cares? If one is a 'truth-seeker', one shouldn't really care how Greer interprets all this evidence being offered by the 500+ whistle-blowers who have come forward in the "Disclosure Project". I don't care if Greer shows up on Saturday Night Live wearing heavy makeup and a ballroom gown. (Wait a minute. Didn't Giuliani already do that?)

Greer has been preaching his goofy gospel of the "Flawless Nobility of All Aliens" since the very beginning. So what? As an amateur researcher I just want to hear and evaluate the mind boggling testimonies of all these government employees and academians who have come forward with their stories.

Whether Greer chooses a quasi-worshipful approach to these non-humans with their perceived vast superiority...or whether one views this whole subject through a Biblical matrix as I happen to...for ET skeptics this is like a discussion about various species of tooth fairies.
Last edited by rothbardian on Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
rothbardian

Postby brownzeroed » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:02 am

Greer has been preaching his goofy gospel of the "Flawless Nobility of All Aliens" since the very beginning. So what?

brownzeroed

Postby rothbardian » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:25 am

You may be missing my point--I am saying that when it comes to a quest for the truth about what is going on in our universe, I don't care whether Greer is a Buddhist or a Catholic...or sits around a campfire with ETs singing Kum Ba Yah. I'm just interested in the evidence. Certainly, I hope he doesn't end up drinking cyanide-laced Kool-Aid...but that not what my comments are about.
rothbardian

Postby brownzeroed » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:07 am

You may be missing my point--I am saying that when it comes to a quest for the truth about what is going on in our universe, I don't care whether Greer is a Buddhist or a Catholic...or sits around a campfire with ETs singing Kum Ba Yah. I'm just interested in the evidence. Certainly, I hope he doesn't end up drinking cyanide-laced Kool-Aid...but that not what my comments are about.

Hey Rothbardian.
My comment was in no way - shape or form - a personal attack against you or your beliefs. I was just reacting to the question you posed.

I'm skeptical of anyone (including someone I agree with) who claims to have all the answers. Especially when it comes to UFOs :)

There's a line between sharing wisdom and generating commerce.

When it comes to enlightenment (like Greer claims): Jesus didn't charge a registration fee to hear the Gospels. Neither should he.

When power and money enters the equation of influence, things tend to end up like the pics above.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.
brownzeroed

Postby Hammer of Los » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:56 pm

I wouldn't trust Stephen Greer.

I came upon him gosh quite a few years ago, on the internet of course, via Rense, i think (don't worry, i've showered). The claims he made were incredible. I even spoke about him to my wife.. this guy says this, he has all these witnesses, he has spoken to all these famous people, can he possibly be for real? I started off as agnostic on that issue, but became less trustful over the years as his various initiatives went nowhere.

Then of course there is;

Attack Ships wrote:And then there's the 151 La Jolla Drive question yet to be asked: http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board/v ... ight=jolla

The connections to shadey oil consultancies and Tom Bearden (eek!) certainly raised my eyebrows. Wasn't that chemtrails/weather guy connected to Bearden? Scott thingy? Most likely pro disinfo in my opinion, and as i recall the opinion of many others here.

Were the connections ever explained? Was Greer asked to account for the curious address details? Anyone got an update or fancy digging a bit more into Greer?

And thank you Hugh for your cogent and insightful comments. It is always a delight to me to read your posts.
Hammer of Los

Postby Truth4Youth » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:14 pm

Over the summer Greer claimed SETI had made "contact." I knew something was up with Greer at that point on...
Truth4Youth

Postby rothbardian » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:11 pm

brownzeroed--

I didn't perceive any attack at all. Thanks for the courtesy though. I'm just saying I don't understand the 'grave' concerns over whether some believers in the idea of human/non-human interaction might be trending towards some sort of quasi-religious approach.

For all those folks who themselves (ironically) have a quasi-religious posture in regards to officially approved mainstream academic and intellectual heros (Hawking, Darwin and the National Geographic magazine et al are subjected to something that borders on 'veneration' by many people) the mere mention of "non-humans" in any real and immediate context is utterly forbidden. Apparently though, we're allowed to generally refer to "intelligent life" being out there "somewhere".

Meanwhile, these whistleblowers and researchers are producing some pretty mind boggling evidence. And please remember--the most spectacularly anomalous aspect to these photos is that they have been systematically kept back from mainstream publication in the media.

All things being equal, shouldn't there be a healthy interest...a vigorous curiosity about these very startling anomalies? Yes, there should be. Therefore, the way in which these photos are suppressed is (to me) a cystal clear indication of a cover-up.

Moon Pyramid; NASA Moon image AS11-38-5564.
Notice the Zigguart-like, "step pyramid" structure in the photo.

Glassy tubes on Mars--

Vegetation (or something) on Mars--

You can see branches of some sort. You can see the shadows underneath the 'branches'.

The Face of Cydonia--

I had never been very impressed by this face thing. But the latest enhancements show two eyebrows, two nostrils, a nose bridge, two lips...and an extremely uniform shaped base. Very interesting. The guy at metaresearch.org says that light and shadows can many times give the illusion of a human face (in cloud formations etc.) but the mathematical odds of this three dimensional structuring of a humanoid face are astronomical.

Then there is this photo of the lunar surface.

And then there is this attention-getting short video clip from the Disclosure Project which apparently shows lunar structures (and testimony from Donna Hare and Sergeant Karl Wolfe).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rt7mnz4J5E&mode=related&search=

Here is a very interesting article--

THE NASA MOON PHOTOS-- My Story of Dealing With NASA in the 1970's
(by Vito Saccheri)
http://www.firedocs.com/anomalous/NASA-moon-photos-saccheri-leonard.html

I thought this article was also amazing--
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicphotos.html

And a very interesting interview with John Lear, the son of the founder of Lear Jet.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8397542229654417939&q=al+bielek&%20hl=en
rothbardian

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:37 pm

^^Breaks my heart to see people still taking Lear seriously. I can see why Vallee threw up his hands and quit.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby rothbardian » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:20 pm

Where did Lear go wrong?
rothbardian

deja vu?

Postby iridescent cuttlefish » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:09 am

Just for a little perspective on the Greer saga, I thought I'd quote a chunk of Budd Hopkins on the Corso fiasco:

So what object lessons are we to infer from this dispiriting series of events? First, whenever someone presents a “breakthrough” account that is “bound to dissolve the official cover-up of UFO reality,” don’t get your hopes up. When I first heard about a forthcoming book – “The Day After Rosewell” – written by a genuine insider and an apparent whistleblower, I was thrilled. But then I read Corso’s book and cold reality returned. Years later, when I heard the first incomplete reports about a former Canadian Minister of Defense – another genuine insider in a high government position, I was excited all over again. Then I read some of Hellyer’s media interviews and understood that his primary source about the UFO phenomenon was Philip Corso, and my hopes were dashed once more. The moral? If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Another thing to be learned from these near-fiascos is that highly intelligent people can be as easily taken in as anyone else. In actuality, their endorsement means nothing. Recently, at a UFO conference in southern Italy, I met a fellow speaker, an academic gentleman with a Ph.D. in Government, who had apparently been totally captivated by Col. Corso, as well as by a handful of other fraudulent or dubious Billy-Meier-like personalities whose deceptions and/or imaginary credentials had been exposed time and time again. All of us who labor in this prickly vineyard must be extremely careful in whom we place our trust, and remain attentive to the modesty (or immodesty) of someone’s claims. People who claim to chat frequently with Zeta Reticulans, or who hand out channeled prognostications which never seem to come true, are to be avoided like the Avian Flu. The good soldiers in this field – and there are many – reveal themselves by their personal integrity and calm rationality. They do not claim to have saved their entire species, nor do they stridently warn their fellow humans to become more spiritual in order that the “Galactic Federation’s” dread quarantine may be lifted. (There are, of course, far better and more rational reasons for us to mend our ways.)

One final lesson to be drawn from the Corso/Hellyer situation is an optimistic one. From the earliest years of the modern UFO phenomenon, public opinion has moved slowly and inexorably toward the acceptance of UFO reality, belief in the existence of an official government cover-up, and even, in recent years, acceptance of the reality of UFO abductions, despite the absence of dramatic, highly publicized events. This movement is like a slow moving current that, year by year, acquires more adherents, more who reject the knee-jerk scoffing of conventional science and more who refuse the cosmic limitations imposed upon us by earlier paradigms.

Those researchers who have, year after year, coolly and rationally presented the evidence for UFO reality have obviously been doing something right. Despite the unfortunate dips and turns along the road - like the recent Corso/Hellyer detour - the thrust of history is on our side, and there is every reason in the world to feel hopeful.

- Budd Hopkins, January, 2006

The rest of the article is here, while Hopkins' original review of The Day After Roswell is here. Both are excellent and relevant. You know what they say about the more things changing...
iridescent cuttlefish

Postby brownzeroed » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:31 am

Rothbardian:
All things being equal, shouldn't there be a healthy interest...a vigorous curiosity about these very startling anomalies?

Absolutely. That's why I'm here. I'm just a skeptical person. Especially when it comes to spirituality. Human beings are inherantly fallible, so that would occasionally make people prone to mistaken interpretations and occassionally have questionable motives. I'm not flat out certain about Greer, but I do agree with Jeff. Something seems out of balance. I could be wrong.

Thanks for the links. My interest in UFOs and such has taken me in a different direction but I'm always open to checking new things out.
brownzeroed

Previous

Return to General Discussion