Moon landings---a partial 'hoax'?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Moon landings---a partial 'hoax'?

Postby DrEvil » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:38 pm

Iamwhomiam » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:02 pm wrote:...

So there's that to consider. Have you tracked back the history of the "Lunar Landing was a Hoax" to its origin?

Here's what Wikipedia says about it:

The first book about the subject, We Never Went to the Moon: America's Thirty Billion Dollar Swindle,[8] was written in 1974,[9] two years after the Apollo Moon flights had ended, and self-published in 1976, by Bill Kaysing (1922–2005), a senior technical writer hired in 1956 by Rocketdyne, the company which built the F-1 engines used on the Saturn V rocket,[10][11] despite having no knowledge of rockets or technical writing.[12] He served as head of the technical publications unit at the company's Propulsion Field Laboratory until 1963. Kaysing's book made many allegations, and effectively began discussion of the Moon landings being faked.[13][14] The book claims that the chance of a successful manned landing on the Moon was calculated to be 0.0017%, and that despite close monitoring by the USSR, it would have been easier for NASA to fake the Moon landings than to really go there.[15][16]

The Flat Earth Society was one of the first organizations to take up the cause and accuse NASA of faking the landings, arguing that they were staged by Hollywood with Walt Disney sponsorship, based on a script by Arthur C. Clarke and directed by Stanley Kubrick.[Note 1][17] Folklorist Linda Dégh suggests that writer-director Peter Hyams' 1978 film Capricorn One, which shows a hoaxed journey to Mars in a spacecraft that looks identical to the Apollo craft, may have given a boost to the hoax theory's popularity in the post-Vietnam War era. She notes that this happened during the post-Watergate era, when American citizens were inclined to distrust official accounts. Dégh writes: "The mass media catapult these half-truths into a kind of twilight zone where people can make their guesses sound as truths. Mass media have a terrible impact on people who lack guidance."[18] In A Man on the Moon,[19] first published in 1994, Andrew Chaikin mentions that at the time of Apollo 8's lunar-orbit mission in December 1968,[20] similar conspiracy ideas were already in circulation.[21]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_land ... es#Origins
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:14 pm

This is somewhat compelling. It's about how the Challenger victims are still alive. I don't buy it but the author makes a good case.

http://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2015/04 ... ill-alive/

Click for comparison photos and stuff. :shrug:
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Elvis » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:26 pm

82_28 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:14 pm wrote:This is somewhat compelling. It's about how the Challenger victims are still alive. I don't buy it but the author makes a good case.

http://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2015/04 ... ill-alive/

Click for comparison photos and stuff. :shrug:

:shock: If those "dopplegangers" are real people, and it seems they are, that's pretty remarkable. There immediately needs to be three threads on this topic.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Nordic » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:50 pm

Okay that is seriously creepy. Especially the first 2. With the black guy there are things that could be different although it's difficult to tell from different photos like that. The black guys are at the very least brothers and near twins.

The first two are total doppelgängers.

The Asian guy is damn close too.

McAuliffe is the least likely, definitely need more photos.

(I've seen this website before. Was it here? If it was I could have made the exact same comment and don't remember.)
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby OpLan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:29 pm

OpLan

Postby tapitsbo » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:40 pm

Who here remembers the guy who suggested American federal officials from throughout the 20th Century and Soviet Politburo members were really the same people, with side-by-side photos for the gullible to compare?
tapitsbo

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:22 pm

Thanks, DrEvil. Still, I heard this rumor in late 1969, six years before his publication, so it must have originated elsewhere. Many spooks in my home town, so his dad was either telling him the truth or was spreading (possibly initiating) a rumor.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Nordic » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:59 am

Snopes leaves out Michael Smith.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby 82_28 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:09 am

Snopes and the people who have to refer to it (not saying you OP LAN) are annoying. I don't believe shit. I just consider. I don't know when Snopes became the "authority" for any questioning of perception. Maybe we should ask a question of Snopes of an Internet rumor that Snopes actually started in 1970 complete with a bullshit write up of the evidence that Snopes existed far before we ever knew about them and evidence. Send it in and have them "dismantle" the claim. See if the Snopes people take it seriously.

Personally, I think it would be hilarious. But whatever. . .
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:49 am

sorry if this has already been posted I haven't read the whole thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0rKyHdVizI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RipZVYHak-8
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby semper occultus » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:08 am

Iamwhomiam » 24 Dec 2015 03:22 wrote:Thanks, DrEvil. Still, I heard this rumor in late 1969, six years before his publication, so it must have originated elsewhere. Many spooks in my home town, so his dad was either telling him the truth or was spreading (possibly initiating) a rumor.

......I'm sure I heard something on exactly this point very recently....

.....I presume it was from this but I can't be bothered to listen to the whole thing again..... .its 2 hours & I skimmed it to try to find the mention it was quite brief...

....it was something about someone leaving leaflets on the seats at a NASA press conference during the Apollo missions as they were happening so yes it was contemporary phenomenon....was it an actual NASA employee who was doing it though or did I imagine that bit....

semper occultus

Postby DrEvil » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:27 am

^^Pretty sure this was mentioned and linked earlier in the thread.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Elvis » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:41 am

semper occultus wrote:....it was something about someone leaving leaflets on the seats at a NASA press conference during the Apollo missions as they were happening so yes it was contemporary phenomenon....was it an actual NASA employee who was doing it though or did I imagine that bit....

Richard Hoagland says he witnessed such an occurence:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11699&start=225#p583308

Richard Hoagland claims:

I was at JPL when we made the transition from Downey up to JPL to cover the Mariner 6 and Mariner 7 missions. I was there as someone in the auditorium was being squired around by the head of NASA Public Affairs for JPL, named Frank Bristo, who was walking this guy around who was putting some little pamphlet on every reporter's seat in the auditorium.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby semper occultus » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:52 am

:doh:

.....oh yeh...that was it .......thanks Elvis....good link to Hoagland...
semper occultus

Postby Elvis » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:09 pm

semper occultus wrote::doh:

.....oh yeh...that was it .......thanks Elvis....good link to Hoagland...

My pleasure. I've heard Hoagland talk about the same event in radio interviews, so you might well have heard it in a podcast etc.
Elvis

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion