Moon landings---a partial 'hoax'?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Moon landings---a partial 'hoax'?

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:27 pm

This is not germane to this thread; it should be raised in the Brave New World REvisited thread instead, but to briefly respond to this:

DrEvil:
Can you please piss off with your constant insinuations that people who disagree with you are brainwashed good little soldiers in thrall to the elites, and just once in your life try to argue in good faith?

I always strive to argue in good faith -- my intent is always to engage others in this forum to derive the closest approximation to 'truth', as objectively as may be possible (there remains the potential for known or unknown inherent bias interfering with the process). I welcome judgement from the RI collective in that regard. You, on the other hand, tend to be subjective and unwilling to challenge your belief systems.

To clarify, yours (the quoted bit above) is a mischaracterization, or misrepresentation: first, my output in that thread has nothing to do with 'disagreeing with me'. The 'Brave New World Revisited' thread is a broad commentary on our current cultural mindsets, the inherent programming/conditioning protocols in place, greatly facilitated by modern technology, and various means by which these mechanisms exacerbate division, compliance, and control (as well as confusion and ignorance). This is wholly separate and apart from 'disagreement with my views', as everyone -- including me -- are impacted by, and susceptible to, these protocols to various degrees.

In my last posting in that thread, I alluded to this 'moon hoax' thread because, increasingly and especially in the last ~2yrs, dominant narratives are accepted by default (by previously discerning minds), when it should now be clear such views (including long-held historical ones) should be minimally challenged, or otherwise assessed anew.

There has been significant dogmatic thinking on display -- I'm certainly not immune to it (though I generally loathe dogma in all its forms), but at the least, I can say I have a self-awareness and interest in recalibration that appears to be lacking in some others. But everyone's got their own path; some may live their entire lives without any interest or inclination to self-reflect or re-assess previously accepted concepts/belief systems.

Round and round we go.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Grizzly » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:41 pm

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby BenDhyan » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:27 am

At last.... :yay

NASA’s Artemis mission launches successfully, beginning long-awaited journey to the moon

[url][https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/16/watch-live-nasa-launches-artemis-1-moon-mission.html/url]

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby DrEvil » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:15 pm

Must admit I was a little disappointed it didn't go RUD on the launch pad, but still, it was pretty awesome.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Grizzly » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:57 am

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:13 am

LOL.

Anton Petrov is one of my favorite sleeping aids.
stickdog99

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:39 pm

^^^^^^
That was a presentation during WEF Davos 2023. Why am I not surprised?

No worries, though. There will be a Space Hotel in 2027! Yep, bank on it.

[Is P.T. Barnum's grandson now running the space program? May as well be..]

https://twitter.com/Earstohearyou/statu ... 30624?s=20
Belligerent Savant

Postby DrEvil » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:51 am

Yeah that's not gonna happen, at least not anywhere close to the time frame presented.

If I had to bet on who builds the first space hotel I'd say Axiom Space. They're already under contract with NASA to attach commercial modules to the ISS, and the plan is to detach them and keep expanding with new modules when the ISS retires, which is slightly more realistic than building a giant hamster wheel from scratch.
DrEvil

Postby stickdog99 » Mon May 08, 2023 3:25 pm

Kremlin Talking Points!

https://www.rt.com/russia/575937-roscos ... ing-proof/

'No proof' US landed on moon – Ex-Russian space boss

Dmitry Rogozin says that while many in Roscosmos defended Washington’s version of events, no one could produce irrefutable proof

The former head of Russia’s Roscosmos space agency, Dmitry Rogozin, has expressed doubt that the US Apollo 11 mission really landed on the Moon in 1969, saying he has yet to see conclusive proof.

In a post on his Telegram channel on Sunday, Rogozin said he began his personal quest for the truth “about ten years ago” when he was still working in the Russian government, and that he grew skeptical about whether the Americans had actually set foot on the Moon when he compared how exhausted Soviet cosmonauts looked upon returning from their flights, and how seemingly unaffected the Apollo 11 crew was by contrast.

Rogozin said he sent requests for evidence to Roscosmos at the time. All he received in response was a book featuring Soviet Cosmonaut Aleksey Leonov’s account of how he talked to the American astronauts and how they told him they had been on the Moon.

The former official wrote that he continued with his efforts when he was appointed head of Roscosmos in 2018. However, according to Rogozin, no evidence was presented to him. Instead, several unnamed academics angrily criticized him for undermining the “sacred cooperation with NASA,” he claimed.

The former Roscosmos chief also said he had “received an angry phone call from a top-ranking official” who supposedly accused him of complicating international relations.

Rogozin concluded by saying he still cannot believe that the US was able to pull off the feat, but is now unable to, despite the incredible progress in technology since the late 1960s.

stickdog99

Postby DrEvil » Mon May 08, 2023 4:59 pm

Rogozin is famously full of shit. Getting his dick blown off by Ukrainian artillery probably didn't help either.

The Soviets got to the Moon with an unmanned probe (Luna 15) at the same time as Apollo 11. They kept an eye on Apollo the whole way there, and not once did they protest or claim something was amiss. Why is that?
DrEvil

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon May 08, 2023 10:27 pm

They were being tactical about it.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby DrEvil » Tue May 09, 2023 3:31 pm

They must have read Zap Brannigan's Big Book of War.
DrEvil

Postby stickdog99 » Sat May 13, 2023 9:58 pm

Moon mystery: China, Japan scientists have no answers for mysterious space gear disappearances

Ispace would have been the first private company to land on the moon if not for the crash
stickdog99

Postby DrEvil » Sun May 14, 2023 6:02 pm

Trash headline from trash website. The "mysteriously" missing rover is on Mars, not the Moon (no wonder they can't find it), and China knows where it is, they just haven't been able to get it out of hibernation again, and the Moon lander crashed, probably from a mechanical or software error, which happens with new and untested gear. Just because they don't know the exact cause yet doesn't make it a "Moon mystery".
DrEvil

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion