Do we need population reduction?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Do we need population reduction?

Postby Ben D » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:48 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:...about subjects where there is almost total consensus.

Wrong, there is no consensus on the science of climate change, even the top AGW climatologists don't agree with each other, but their present and future funding depends on it happening,..the financial ptb have already invested heavily,....carbon trading and all...
There is That which was not born, nor created, nor evolved. If it were not so, there would never be any refuge from being born, or created, or evolving. That is the end of suffering. That is God**.

** or Nirvana, Allah, Brahman, Tao, etc...
Ben D

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby wintler2 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:43 am

Wombaticus Rex wrote:Yes, if you think someone is a Fascist because they quack like a Fascist, it's still an ad hominem to call them a Fascist.

I didn't call BenD a fascist, i called the 'Joos' posters on the site he got his graph from pseudofascists. I did agree with JRs labelling of BenD as a technofetishist, and theres ample evidence for this on preceeding pages of this thread. If such labelling offends your sensibilities, best not read my posts.

Wombaticus Rex wrote:I am under the impression that RI is here to be tolerant of people who harbor serious doubts about subjects where there is almost total consensus.

Sure, anybody can think and post anything they like, and they do. What is not promised is a docile audience, content to sit silent while lie is stacked on lie. BenD can post 'spaceships will save us!', and i can and will post 'grow up, we haven't got any!'
"Wintler2, you are a disgusting example of a human being, the worst kind in existence on God's Earth. This is not just my personal judgement.." BenD

Research question: are all god botherers authoritarians?
wintler2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Ben D » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:49 am

wintler2 wrote:I didn't call BenD a fascist, i called the 'Joos' posters on the site he got his graph from pseudofascists.

Wrong, i got it from a regular poster's comment at WUWT, it crops up regularly, I didn't even check the image URL but it doesn't make any difference anyway, the data/graph I presume comes from BOM, and reflects the reality of global temperature over 160 years to present, which you don't dispute I take.
There is That which was not born, nor created, nor evolved. If it were not so, there would never be any refuge from being born, or created, or evolving. That is the end of suffering. That is God**.

Ben D

Postby wintler2 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:10 am

Ben D wrote:
wintler2 wrote:I didn't call BenD a fascist, i called the 'Joos' posters on the site he got his graph from pseudofascists.

Wrong, i got it from a regular poster's comment at WUWT, it crops up regularly, I didn't even check the image URL but it doesn't make any difference anyway, the data/graph I presume comes from BOM, and reflects the reality of global temperature over 160 years to present, which you don't dispute I take.

I don't dispute the data in the graph because it is unreadable, due to the large range in temp axis, a cheap trick that uncoincidentally minimises the visual appearance of change in temp. Thats why you are a joke - you never attempt to guess the bias of the sources you parrot, even when it is obvious on 1st inspection.

Got anything on-topic yet?
"Wintler2, you are a disgusting example of a human being, the worst kind in existence on God's Earth. This is not just my personal judgement.." BenD

wintler2

Postby Ben D » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:02 pm

wintler2 wrote:
Ben D wrote:

I don't dispute the data in the graph because it is unreadable, due to the large range in temp axis, a cheap trick that uncoincidentally minimises the visual appearance of change in temp. Thats why you are a joke - you never attempt to guess the bias of the sources you parrot, even when it is obvious on 1st inspection.

If you can't read it I'll clarify it for you,...0.8 degree C warming over 160 years... :whisper:

Ben D

Postby wintler2 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:24 pm

Ben D wrote:
wintler2 wrote:Got anything on-topic yet?

If you can't read it I'll clarify it for you,...0.8 degree C warming over 160 years... :whisper:

wintler2

Postby compared2what? » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Ben D wrote:If you can't read it I'll clarify it for you,...0.8 degree C warming over 160 years... :whisper:

Ben D?

This is at least the third thread on which I've seen you waving that number around as if it contradicted the climate models or....I don't know what. What is the point of it supposed to be? It's entirely uncontroversial. NASA and James Hansen both quite agree with you on it:

New research into the Earth's paleoclimate history by NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies director James E. Hansen suggests the potential for rapid climate changes this century, including multiple meters of sea level rise, if global warming is not abated.

By looking at how the Earth's climate responded to past natural changes, Hansen sought insight into a fundamental question raised by ongoing human-caused climate change: "What is the dangerous level of global warming?" Some international leaders have suggested a goal of limiting warming to 2 degrees Celsius from pre-industrial times in order to avert catastrophic change. But Hansen said at a press briefing at a meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco on Tues, Dec. 6, that warming of 2 degrees Celsius would lead to drastic changes, such as significant ice sheet loss in Greenland and Antarctica.

Based on Hansen's temperature analysis work at the Goddard Institute for Space Studies, the Earth's average global surface temperature has already risen .8 degrees Celsius since 1880, and is now warming at a rate of more than .1 degree Celsius every decade. This warming is largely driven by increased greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, particularly carbon dioxide, emitted by the burning of fossil fuels at power plants, in cars and in industry. At the current rate of fossil fuel burning, the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere will have doubled from pre-industrial times by the middle of this century. A doubling of carbon dioxide would cause an eventual warming of several degrees, Hansen said.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby Ben D » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:56 pm

Ok ok, the 0.8 degree C warming figure is something we all agree on,..got it, and thanks C2W, I'm feeling frazzled anyway at this stage.. :starz:

Ben D

Postby Mythic Time » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:05 am

Noticing the recent dramatic turn southward in teen pregnancy in the US...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/stor ... egnancies/

<snip>

Between 2007 and 2012, Colorado saw the highest percentage drop in birth rates among teens 15 to 19 in the country, according to a report released today by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Health Statistics. During that time, its teen birth rates dropped 39 percent compared to 29 percent nationwide. Abortion rates in the state among teens fell 35 percent between 2009 and 2012 and are falling nationally, as well. The CDC’s report comes on the heels of Colorado’s own study, which reported a 40 percent decline in births among teens 15 to 19 from 2009 to 2013. The stunning decline in teen birth rates is significant not just for its size, but for its explanation. State public health officials are crediting a sustained, focused effort to offer low-income women free or low-cost long-acting reversible contraception, that is, intrauterine devices or implants.

We see that concerted efforts to engage young people with sensible sex-education and free birth control can have an incredible effect on unwanted births, (my dad, a High School teacher and coach, always said "Teen pregnancy is Instant Poverty.") as well as abortion.

But in 2015, I think an added issue is in play. With the rise of smartphones, you have millions of teen boys SnapChatting their tiny pee-pees to teen girls, and the girls are just too busy laughing to have sex with them.
"The self is fundamentally an illusion arising as a reflection of the soul in matter, much as a clear lake at midnight reflects the moon."

Fred Alan Wolf
Mythic Time

Previous

Return to General Discussion