New Disney flick lead voice-over is Patton Oswald (JFK time)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Dreams End » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:04 am

I think decoys, pre-emptive bias, keyword hijacking are a primary tool

WE know you think that. what I was asking is if there were any proof of that in the manual, which you cited earlier when asked for proof.

DE, you do realize that I've acquired a real Pentagon psy-ops manual, right? I'm not making this stuff up.

Keyword hijacking and other counterpropaganda characteristics:

>Cover up value - The highest. A violent coup by US death squads within the government.
>Timing - 2008 is the 45th anniversary of JFK's death
>Visibility - Movie title is highly visible in advertising campaign.
>Target audience - Movie audience of 14-24 year olds.

Now, go ahead and deny it, but you say "I've got a psyops manual" and then list these characteristics of KH as if it had anything to do with the manual. Which it doesn't. And which you knew.

Now you say:

I cited possession of this manual to indicate to you, DE, that I was analyzing primary documents for theory and tactics, not as stand-alone proof of KH.

Then when we ask for proof of KH, don't cite the manual. Simple. And honest.

And the only insider info that Fitts is going to give you is how to invest in her Pinnacle Quest pyramid scheme...she is still working for this known scam. Please tell her, if you are in touch with her, that if she ever does any speaking here in Nashville (she lives somewhere around here) I will personally out her as the scam artist she is. I'm tired of these "save the world by using my investment strategy/buying my gold" assholes taking advantage of people's fears to make a quick buck.
Dreams End

Postby Dreams End » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:08 am

OH and for those interested...I couldn't find Hugh's document but there is this:

A psyops field manual from 2005. In pdf form:

http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm3-05-30.pdf

By the way, it is illegal for the CIA and U.S. military to employ these tactics on domestic soil. Does that stop them? Of course not. But I humbly suggest that if they do these things on domestic soil...

they do not write about it in a psyops training CORRESPONDENCE COURSE.
Dreams End

Don Knotts and Vietnam...Media=stability operations.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:54 am

(I'm going to use keyword hijacking to connect Don Knotts to a CIA disaster I never knew about before below after I deal with DE's snark. This will be good, people.)

DE, you pulled up my partial post that this effing board didn't let me complete. I can hardly get through this bloody server anymore. It took TEN MINUTES just to enter a simple edit and instead it had to be a new bloody post right after the partial you grabbed. You know that. Talk about selective editing.

See my post of July 2 at 23:11, 11 minutes after what you just put-

Posted: 02 Jul 2007 23:11 Post subject: Dreams End- lack of any context.

DE, that 'pain dump' stunt was really juvenile, the equivalent of shrieking in a crowd for attention or sweeping all the dishes off a table with a crash.

I know you are bright enough to make connections, too. Your tantrum is oddly out of character. Maybe you need a nap.

There was NO CONTEXT in your 'pain dump.'

DE, you do realize that I've acquired a real Pentagon Psychological Operations 101type training manual, right? I'm not making this stuff up. There are forms to fill in like getting a license at the DMV.

Quote:
Subcourse PO 0805 Edition 7
Target Analysis Worksheet:

Target Audience:

Conditions:

Target Vulnerabilities:

Target Susceptibility:

Psychological Objective:

Target Effectiveness:

Impact Indicators:

I've been asked what would be attributes of a keyword hijacking (in order to recognize them-hmw) and I'd model it on the formula above-

>Cover up value - The highest. A violent coup by US death squads within the government.
>Timing - 2008 is the 45th anniversary of JFK's death
>Visibility - Movie title is highly visible in advertising campaign.
>Target audience - Movie audience of 14-24 year olds.

........................................................................................

See, DE? CONTEXT.
Methods from the manual and my applying them to methods of keyword hijacking.

You wanna find out how media psy-ops works or do you want to beat me up?
Wait, I can tell.

You throw away CAFitts because she comes from finance and plans financial reactions to corruption? Over that one bad group? Do you ignore Lt. Col. L. Fletcher Prouty because he spoke to Carto's people? Do you ignore Dr. Colin Ross because he spoke to those Scientologists?

I don't.

Perhaps you'd like to ignore her 'NarcoDollars 101' article or 'The Myth of the Rule of Law' or her expose on the black budget or her acount of how HUD was looted by black ops or her account of how attempts were made to draw her into a UFO disinfo project to silence her.

Read every psy-ops manual you can get.
The principles are codified and you better apply them to your environment to see what is USG covert material. Much much more than you'd like to think.

I got a HARD copy psy-ops manual with postmarks that authenticate it even if it is a 'correspondence course' from 1988-1989. And it validates what I already found elsewhere. But I find all the evidence I possibly can in pixels and hard copy.
This is in it-
Counterpropaganda Techniques:

> Direct Refutation
>Indirect Refutation
>Diversionary appeals
>Silence
>Forestalling
>Conditioning
>Restrictive measures
>Minimization
>Imitative deception

WHOA. What was that last one? Ah, it refers to altering the effect of hostile info, precisely what pre-emptive bias decoys do though keyword hijacking.

Imitative deception:
Imitative deception involves the changing or altering of hostile propaganda to decrease the credibility and alter the effect.

For instance, friendly broadcasts can deceive the listener as to the identity of the sender.
Audio or video tapes of enemy broadcasts can be slightly altered to change their theme or intent and can be rebroadcast at a later time.

Just prior to World War II, the Germans taped many of President Roosevelt's 'Fireside Chats.' By unscrupulous editing of these tapes and rebroadcasting them in Europe, the German Propaganda Ministry was able to convey the false impression that the U. S. President was supportive towards German policies when, in fact, that was not the case.

Imitative deception is closely associated with black propaganda and cover and deception operations. All of these operations are hazardous in that, if exposed, the user stands to suffer great loss of credibility. So severe is this hazard, the counter-propagandist must see that this technique is employed infrequently and with the utmost proficiency.

Well, it seems imitative deception is now constant, not infrequent.
Mockingbird and its Hollywood branch are working overtime.

Here's FM 90-2 Chapter 5 on Deception and decoys but think MEDIA psy-ops.
Think of USG media as a military stability operations where the truth is considered 'hostile or enemy' propaganda which must be prevented from causing 'the sixties' ever again -

http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm90-2/90-2ch5.htm
Remember that there are many things going on in the battle area that do not appreciably change, regardless of the tactical course of action being followed. Therefore, those specific activities that can reveal the true operation must be identified as critical by the commander and staff. The commander must task participating units to those critical activities. So, in effect there are two aspects of deception that must be brought together in instructions or orders: that which we want the enemy to perceive and that which we must hide.

CHAPTER 5

Deception Means

To achieve victory we must as far as possible make the enemy blind and deaf by sealing his eyes and ears, and drive his commanders to distraction by creating confusion in their minds.

- Mao Tse-Tung,
1893-1976 on Distracted War

Deception means are the methods, resources, and techniques used to convey or deny information to the enemy (see JCS Pub 1). Deception requires providing false indicators to the enemy. If the supporting attack is to be portrayed as a main attack (a feint), the unit conducting the feint must give the enemy evidence that it is the main attack. The enemy collects his battlefield information through visual, olfactory, sonic, and electronic methods.

VISUAL

Much of the enemy's intelligence is based on what is observed on the ground or seen in aerial photographs. Hence, effective visual deception is critical to the projection of the deception story.
The enemy's collection capability determines the necessary combination. Since the enemy cannot see the entire battlefield continuously, visual deception efforts must be targeted for specific collector's known to be used in that particular area. The enemy's collection activities should lead him to accept the deception action as our true intention.

DUMMIES AND DECOYS

Two items commonly used in visual deception are dummies and decoys. A dummy is an imitation of something on the battlefield. A decoy is used to draw the enemy's attention away from a more important area. When a dummy is used to draw the enemy's attention away from some other area, it is also termed a decoy. It is not necessary to have specially manufactured equipment for use as dummies. If not extensively damaged, unserviceable or combat-loss items can be used, Also, dummies may be available from supply stocks, or they may be constructed locally using salvage. The distance from which the enemy observes friendly items or actions dictates what degree of realism is required.

Visual deception activity must present a realistic and complete picture. If you are simulating a fortification, an installation, or another activity, you must show significant items the enemy expects to see.

CAMOUFLAGE

Camouflage is an important element in deception operations. If we are going to project visual evidence of a deception story, the enemy must not observe evidence of our true operation. We hide, blend, or disguise to prevent the enemy from observing our real activities. However, when employing visual deception, we may camouflage all or part of a real or false military object to project the desired effect. We may intentionally camouflage something poorly so that he will observe what we want him to observe, or we may completely conceal a unit we do not want observed. In any type or size of deception, it is important that projection of visual evidence be consistent. When portraying a particular unit, the use of camouflage must be consistent with that unit's prior camouflage signature (see FM 5-20).
PEOPLE AND THINGS

Using previously prepared positions increases the realism of visual deception. Switching dummy and real items in and out of these positions may calm suspicion that the activity portrayed is a deception. It is especially important to switch real and false items if the deception must be projected for long periods of time.

FALSE VERSUS REAL

If the enemy is to believe a deception activity is real, he must be able to see it. However, care must be taken to make sure that visibility of the deception activity is not too obvious, otherwise the enemy will not accept the projected deception as a real activity. While a deception activity is being projected, it is critical that real activities are concealed from the enemy's view.
Electronic deception operations must be conducted in such a manner that realistic signatures are replicated. Electronic deception operations are often conducted as part of a larger operation. Personnel conducting electronic deception should be specially trained and skilled to ensure that all electronic signatures are orchestrated with other deception events to provide overall fidelity (see Figure 5-2). Deception planners mus remember that what the enemy collects electronically must agree with what he has seen, heard, and smelled.

TIME

The required duration of deception efforts is an important planning consideration. Sufficient time must be available for the enemy to act or react in a desired manner to the deception story. It is undesirable to devise an elaborate deception plan if the enemy does not have sufficient time to read it and take actions which complement friendly intentions.
MATERIEL

Materiel assets for the deception operation may be divided into two parts: those that help us hide the real, and those that help us portray the false,

Hiding the Real

At the core of any successful deception is OPSEC-hiding the real situation from enemy sensors. These sensors range from a reconnaissance patrol leader with binoculars to space platforms. The most commonly used techniques and materials to prevent threat detection are-

* Camouflage.

* Suppressive and absorptive screens.

* Smoke.

* Shielding and/or masking various types of emitters.

* Using terrain to mask units and movements.

* Signal security (SIGSEC) procedures.

* Electronic warfare.

The enemy's sensor capabilities and our exposure time determine the level of OPSEC necessary to successfully hide our real situation and portray the false with deception.
Portraying the False

The most common methods of portraying the false for tactical units may be divided into two categories: visual and electronic.
TECHNIQUES

Four types of deception techniques are used to present the deception story: feints, demonstrations, ruses, and displays.
DISPLAYS

A unit can be tasked to conduct a display as a projection of the deception story. To do this, the unit presents a static production to the enemy surveillance system. In the course of a display, the unit may use simulations, disguises, portrayals, or any combination thereof.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
NOW TO USE KEYWORD HIJACKING TO CONNECT DON KNOTTS TO A CIA DISASTER AND INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT.
'We Must Protect Our Kids From the Truth'

that was in bold for the scanning readers.

You put this one together, DE. Use your nimble search skills to work out the keywords in:

Don Knotts stars in 'The Incredible Mr. Limpet.'

Last edited by Hugh Manatee Wins on Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Manatee Wins

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hard copy vs pixels. Counterpropaganda and target analysis.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:56 am

Dreams End wrote:OH and for those interested...I couldn't find Hugh's document but there is this:

A psyops field manual from 2005. In pdf form:

http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm3-05-30.pdf

Dead link. For me anyway.
And note that FM33-1 at the FAS site is "partial" and contains nothing of interest.

they do not write about it in a psyops training CORRESPONDENCE COURSE.

There are the basics of counterpropaganda techniques and target analysis with forms to use.
Dated and in hard copy. I'm glad to have more than pixels and broken links.

Until you realize that American mainstream media (presstitutes and disinfotainment) is military territory backed up by behavioral science advisory teams just like Gitmo or any other occupied territory you are not going to understand how fascism is sown, conditioned, and then harvested.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby orz » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:35 am

That exact phrase "keyword hijacking" IS used to describe search engine manipulation to gain traffic

NO
IT
ISN'T

I've called you out on this time and again. You are using the pre-existing phrase "keyword hijacking" WRONGLY.

'. Bots are being written to take advantage of primarily Google AdWords and the relevancy formula with that engine. These bots perform keyword searches over and over, exposing the ads, but never taking action on them. Eventually, the AdWords system makes the assumption that 'searchers' see no value in the ad, because it's been shown potentially thousands of times with few or no clicks.

While this won't cost an advertiser any money directly, it is extremely damaging as it stops ad delivery. Many times, that means no one will visit an advertisers site since they'll never know it exists. A direct impact on the bottom line.

http://www.straightupsearch.com/archive ... _frau.html

It's NOTHING TO DO with affecting the number of real visitors to a site, or with what people find while searching on google.

It's NOTHING TO DO with confusing humans readers or making them forget the original meaning of a phrase.

Rather it's a specific software attack, intended to make the google adwords placements for a specific site stop working properly. The process and intent is totally different to how you use the phrase.

Your own use of 'keyword hijacking' is ironically a better example of keyword hijacking than anything you've free-associated from watching some old movie using dali's paranoid-critical method.
orz

Postby orz » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:43 am

(to clarify: nothing to do with affecting the number of real visitors to a site directly i mean: Obviously the intended result is to break your competitor's ads so they get less hits, but the keyword hijacking breaks the ads, it doesn't in itself affect the behaviour of potential site visitors.)[/quote]
orz

glitch

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:54 am

I've been trying forever to edit in material. This site is useless.

orz, you simply confirmed the GOAL. Diminish 'hits' on a target in favor of yours.

Thanks again. sigh.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Giving up on editing.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:57 am

This is what I was going to put at the top and bottom of my reply to DE on his selective editing and the basics of military decoys--

(I'm going to use keyword hijacking to connect Don Knotts to a CIA disaster I never knew about before below after I deal with DE's snark. This will be good, people.)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
NOW TO USE KEYWORD HIJACKING TO CONNECT DON KNOTTS TO A CIA DISASTER AND INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT.
'We Must Protect Our Kids From the Truth Or They Won't Sign Up'

that was in bold for the scanning readers.

You put this one together, DE. Use your nimble search skills to work out the keywords in:

Don Knotts stars in 'The Incredible Mr. Limpet.'

Bonus question- How did this lead to a keyword in a very popular TV show?

(on edit: I finally did edit the long post above. Only took half an hour. Sorry for repeats.)
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Hammer of Los » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:25 am

Oh, can I, can I?

Limpet mines were used by CIA operatives operating out of US submarines in 1962 (2 years prior to the release of "The Incredible Mr Limpet"), "to sabotage Swatow gunboats, a Chinese-made vessel that formed the backbone of the North Vietnamese navy. The program formed part of the CIA's covert warfare against the North Vietnamese, and was named Operation Vulcan (there, I got my bonus point too!);

(Operation Vulcan).. was long in coming. Back in March 1961, the CIA had first proposed sabotaging North Vietnamese ports as part of a diverse covert warfare menu forwarded to president John F. Kennedy. The scheme lay dormant until the early spring of 1962, when Hanoi's increasing aggressiveness in both South Vietnam and neighboring Laos prompted Washington to re-examine its options. Frustrated by North Vietnamese involvement in the burgeoning southern insurgency, especially its expansion of the Ho Chi Minh Trail, the Kennedy administration groped for some way to react. Using covert action to send signals would become an increasingly common tool as the war escalated.

Its linked of course to the Gulf of Tonkin incident, you can read more about it here;

http://www.ptfnasty.com/ptfVulcan.htm

The operation was, however, a spectacular failure, with many of the CIA commandoes slain, and others captured;

On 21 July. Hanoi placed the captured commandos and crew before a jury. Receiving sentences of up to life in prison, the somber commandos headed for their cells. Photos of their captured equipment were splashed across English-language publications coming out of Hanoi, and one of the commandos was even coerced into making a public condemnation of the program.

See, it's easy!

Also of course, you have the wimpy man turned into fishy hero to aid the valiant US war efforts in the film, plus the usual gender stereotyping etc; Mr Limpet, is typecast as the “non-male male” and has to be turned into a fish in order to become a heroic figure. Afraid you're a wimp? Go sign up now to be a real fish, er man!

Couple of things about the star, Don Knotts;

He was the youngest of four brothers. His family life was troubled; Knotts' father twice threatened his mother with a knife and later spent time in mental hospitals. He was a member of the fraternity Phi Sigma Kappa and enlisted in the United States Army at age 19. He served in the Second World War and was awarded the World War II Victory Medal, Philippine Liberation Medal, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal (with 4 bronze service stars), Army Good Conduct Medal, Marksman Badge (with Carbine Bar) and Honorable Service Lapel Pin. Don returned to West Virginia University after being demobilized. After graduating with a degree in theater in 1948, he married and moved back to New York, where connections he had made while in the Special Services Branch helped him break into show business. He was associated with Disney (CIA for kids), during a spotty period in his career he was rescued by Disney and made some slapstick movies with Tim Conway for the Walt Disney Co, and later, in 2005, Don provided the voice of Mayor Turkey Lurkey in Disney's animated film Chicken Little (2005).

So there you have it. A hit, a palpable hit! It only took me a little over an hour, and to begin, I had no knowledge at all of the above subjects.

It's easy and fun boys and girls! Use the keyword hijack to help learn about hidden history! How's that for subverting its original purpose?

Thanks Hugh, I enjoyed that.

:wink:

ps It's just a shame I don't have the time to research the writer, Jameson Brewer, too - he has an interesting lineup of film credits (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0108163/).
Hammer of Los

Postby Dreams End » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:36 am

You wanna find out how media psy-ops works or do you want to beat me up?

I'd like you to stop MAKING UP a technique to confuse people looking for the above.

Although I will give you high marks for working Don Knotts into your theory. I think anyone who can work Don Knotts into a conspiracy theory with a straight face is impressive in his own way.

But you are also dishonest. You yourself defined imitative deception as things like fake radio broadcasts, and now highlight it as if it has anything to do with keyword hijacking.

They aren't even close.
Dreams End

Re: glitch

Postby orz » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:25 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:orz, you simply confirmed the GOAL. Diminish 'hits' on a target in favor of yours.

No, I simply confirmed that you are FACTUALLY INCORRECT when you say that the accepted use of the term "keyword hijacking" is the same as your use of the word.
orz

Postby Hammer of Los » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:02 pm

DE wrote:Although I will give you high marks for working Don Knotts into your theory. I think anyone who can work Don Knotts into a conspiracy theory with a straight face is impressive in his own way.

Aw, DE, you're too kind! Now, take that hand out from up my arse. But seriously, this is the interesting thing, how much-loved figures from childhood turn out to have been witting or unwitting agents of CIA propoganda operations directed against the American public.

Just to impress dear old DE even further, I have a few more things to say about "The Incredible Mr Limpet"; I note that in the film, the heroic fish-man (played by much decorated US veteran and fraternity member Don Knotts) is engaged in defensive US military operations against Nazi submarines engaged in covert operations in enemy waters, in this case initially in New York harbour, would you believe. A nice meme reversal of the reality of the CIA's operations in North Vietnam.

I will also note that as a recruiting vehicle its central message is quite clear - even the most unlikely fellow can be a war hero. So sign up today! No-one is too skinny or effete for Uncle Sam! In addition the usual gender war themes are well represented here, his wife is presented as the typical overbearing scold, and the only other female character (the Ladyfish) is a "femme fatale" style sexually aggressive female.

I also notice the film had a DVD release in 2002. Perhaps this is because the Gulf of Tonkin is just as relevant today, in this era where the history of war pretexts and false flags has to be buried more deeply than ever. Surprisingly for a film that was never a great success, the film had a DVD release in 2002, and there was even talk of a remake recently with Jim Carrey. Fortunately, that idea seems to have sunk without a trace.

Although it was a Warner Brother's release, longtime Disney (CIA for kids) production associate John Rose was the producer of this film. As part of the initial marketing push, the film had a big fanfare on release, when the premiere was shown in a huge underwater theater at Weeki Wachee Springs, Florida.

Er, I think I've had enough of this dumb film now.

:lol:
Hammer of Los

Postby Dreams End » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:10 pm

Hey Hugh, here's a keyword hijacking I was wondering about. It's a movie called JFK. Evidently it's about...well, it's not important what it's about, but it's called JFK. Clearly this is designed to divert us from thinking about JFK.

By the way, JFK utilizes information that came from Fletcher Prouty. So here we have a massive budget Hollywood production calling attention TO the JFK assassination using information from someone you find reliable. Why, after all the carefully laid "limpet mines" and other subtle PAINE games, would they allow this?

Seems counterproductive to me.
Dreams End

Hammer of Los wins the prize, KNOWLEDGE.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:17 pm

Hammer of Los wrote:Oh, can I, can I?

See, it's easy!

Also of course, you have the wimpy man turned into fishy hero to aid the valiant US war efforts in the film, plus the usual gender stereotyping etc; Mr Limpet, is typecast as the “non-male male” and has to be turned into a fish in order to become a heroic figure. Afraid you're a wimp? Go sign up now to be a real fish, er man!

Couple of things about the star, Don Knotts;

He was the youngest of four brothers. His family life was troubled; Knotts' father twice threatened his mother with a knife and later spent time in mental hospitals. He was a member of the fraternity Phi Sigma Kappa and enlisted in the United States Army at age 19. He served in the Second World War and was awarded the World War II Victory Medal, Philippine Liberation Medal, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal (with 4 bronze service stars), Army Good Conduct Medal, Marksman Badge (with Carbine Bar) and Honorable Service Lapel Pin. Don returned to West Virginia University after being demobilized. After graduating with a degree in theater in 1948, he married and moved back to New York, where connections he had made while in the Special Services Branch helped him break into show business. He was associated with Disney (CIA for kids), during a spotty period in his career he was rescued by Disney and made some slapstick movies with Tim Conway for the Walt Disney Co, and later, in 2005, Don provided the voice of Mayor Turkey Lurkey in Disney's animated film Chicken Little (2005).

So there you have it. A hit, a palpable hit! It only took me a little over an hour, and to begin, I had no knowledge at all of the above subjects.

It's easy and fun boys and girls! Use the keyword hijack to help learn about hidden history! How's that for subverting its original purpose?

Thanks Hugh, I enjoyed that.

:wink:

Fabulous work, HoL. Bullseye.

Take apart the original Star Trek with Operation Vulcan turned into a popular INTELLEGENCE character on the capitalist ship called the USS ENTERPRISE
which made military units multi-colored and cool. The white guy tells everyone what to do while they work for the Federation/UN to patrol the galaxy and meddle.

Mr. Limpet wasn't actually a fish, he was a DOLPHIN.
Another diving TV show at this time when CIA and Navy SEAL divers are committing acts of terrorism and sabotage in Vietnam was 'Sea Hunt' starring Lloyd Bridges and, of course, Flipper the Dolphin. What a good vehicle for specialized recruiting and providing warm fuzzy footage to kids at the same time.

http://www.floridamemory.com/PhotographicCollection/photo_exhibits/movies.cfm

Lloyd Bridges (c. 1960)
Sea Hunt was a syndicated action-adventure television show that first aired between 1958 and 1962 (filmed 1957-1961) and starred Lloyd Bridges (1913-1998).

After the PR disaster of exposure of Operation Vulcan in 1962 and the ongoing programs with the same risk taken over by the Pentagon in 1964 we were treated to the equivalent of today's Global Warming cute penguins in the form of the loveable and militarized dolphin, Flipper.

Flipper the dolphin and crew (c. 1965)

The NBC television show Flipper ran from 1964 to 1968, and was produced by Miami-based Ivan Tors Studio. Pictured here is "Flipper" with animal trainer Ric O'Feldman and writer-director (and sometime actor) Ricou Browning.

Getting his start with the Creature from the Black Lagoon, Browning produced-directed many movies and TV shows for Ivan Tors Studios, including Sea Hunt and Gentle Ben.

Ah, 'Gentle Ben,' the very large bear. Hmm. Whatever could that symbolize in kid's minds as Cold War propaganda?

Though maybe Pan is right and I just hate art. :wink:
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Oliver Stone as the 'Shaggy DA.'-TWA800

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:50 pm

Dreams End wrote:Hey Hugh, here's a keyword hijacking I was wondering about. It's a movie called JFK. Evidently it's about...well, it's not important what it's about, but it's called JFK. Clearly this is designed to divert us from thinking about JFK.

By the way, JFK utilizes information that came from Fletcher Prouty. So here we have a massive budget Hollywood production calling attention TO the JFK assassination using information from someone you find reliable. Why, after all the carefully laid "limpet mines" and other subtle PAINE games, would they allow this?

Seems counterproductive to me.

The JFK story does not go away, does it? It rises and falls like a tide as events trigger waves of critical awareness slowly eliminating the sand castle cover story.

When it inevitably flares up, as it did when Oliver Stone poked the wound with material provided by 'Fletch' Prouty after the Clinton administration mandated release of documents, the counter-memes are reinforced of paranoid 'conspiracy theorists' and any perp but CIA being responsible.

A strong principle of psychological warfare is that hostile information is suppressed but not so hard that it both draws more attention to the info and validates its threat to power.
This is how the JFK and 9/11 topics are handled, with character assassination and developing a strong counterpropaganda program of disinfoteers.

Oliver Stone's movie was trashed for months before it was even completed nevermind seen. And his name was made synonymous with 'paranoid opportunistic kook.'
Exactly the same thing was done to suppress 'Shaggy D.A.' Jim Garrison when he went after Clay Shaw. Every CIA media asset was used and that infamous memo went out on how to suggest any JFK investigator is a kook in love with his theories and who could hide such a thing etc. Vincent Bugliosi is doing the same thing now.

After the shoot down of TWA800 was being vigorously suppressed and non-cooperative journos like Kristina Borjesson (editor of 'Into the Buzzsaw') were getting fired from CBS for telling the truth, the discredited Oliver Stone was briefly used as a discrediting tool.

Stone was briefly given the idea that he could do a sort of '60 Minutes'-style conspiracy show which was meant to reinforce the image of 'The Shaggy Director.' (You know, the path that Giraldo went down. And look at his reputation.)

Out of work and desperate Kristina Borjesson was offered a chance to work with Stone on a show about TWA800 much to her disbelief but she went for it. After much publicity about Stone's association with the topic it was canned.

Read pages 311-316 of Borjesson's account in 'Into the Buzzsaw' of how she was lured to the studios to make the proposal to Stone who wasn't interested in TWA800 himself and had documents stolen from her car.
Then CIA's Time Magazine and Newsweek did hit pieces on the idea of that kook Oliver Stone doing the story instead of the oh-so-trustworthy ABC News.

Discrediting accomplished.

And Stone realized he was now a weapon due to the stereotype his name had been turned into for doing 'JFK.' Disinfoteer Chip Berlet works the anti-conspiricist meme by attributing it to dangerous right-wingers who hate everybody and their government.
Same tactic.

And that's why Stone's own 9/11 movie steered clear of the Inside Job, because he realizes he will do more harm to the truth movement then good, a realization that Jane Fonda grappled with for years until her recent re-emergence against the Iraq War. She has said so in recent interviews.

But like Emilio Estevez putting only three seconds of The Polka Dot Dress in his 'Bobby' as a hint he knew the real story, Oliver Stone put just a quick mention of bombs in the WTC and molten metal to give a clue to his followers that He Knew but was not going to harm the truth movement with his weaponized reputation the way he had been used for this purpose with TWA800.

Does this answer your question, DE?
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion