1962 Gulf of Tonkin LIMPET op = 1964 'Incredible Mr. Limpet'

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

orz spazzes out.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:31 am

.. :roll:
Last edited by Hugh Manatee Wins on Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Blog: View Blog (0)

This server is............sl...o...w. Choking website.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:36 am

orz wrote:
Plus the perfect meme reversal of Auschwitz?

One man's "perfect meme reversal" is another man's creative and thought provoking use of analogy.

Watch that movie and you'll never think any trial makes any sense.

KAFKA WORKED FOR THE CIA!!!! :shock: Nice going, that's the straw that broke this camel's back:

You are a nut, and worse, an ignorant nut.

I HEREBY FORBID YOU TO POST ON THIS BOARD AGAIN UNTIL YOU HAVE READ KAFKA'S 'THE TRIAL'[/i]

What are you on about, orz? Drunken insults? go read a UFO thread.
I didn't say what you said. Are you trying to distort my writing? Knock it off. That's Professor Pan's job!

I just watched the 1963 Orson Welles movie. It was pretty accurate.

The desperately grasping futility of Kafka's novel was a perfect choice for a film to portray Europe as non-stop police-state corruption, not the sort of place where Jimmy Stewart could stand up and restore Norman Rockwellian jurisprudence.

That's called innoculating Americans against what might come out of those Auschwitz trials.

The film's location optics are very European and the persecuted Anthony Perkins character is the only one with an American accent besides his younger cousin who uses hipster slang to underscore the U. S. vs them theme that is the subtext for making the film in the first place.

I miss back when this website had thoughtful people with depth instead of the surreal hit-and-run quippers and serial distortionists. Writing here has become trying to build in a crowd of vandals. No surprise.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby orz » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:47 am

Location optics!?!?

Are you a robot?

That's called innoculating Americans against what might come out of those Auschwitz trials.

It's not called that; that's your postmodernist interpretation of the film's themes.

Writing here has become trying to build in a crowd of vandals.
Hey, you're vandalising the English language perfectly well without our help.

I'm perfectly sober and you are posting in violation of my ordinance.
orz

Re: This server is............sl...o...w. Choking website.

Postby Crow » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:23 am

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:
orz wrote:That's called innoculating Americans against what might come out of those Auschwitz trials.

Which "Auschwitz trials" are you referring to, Hugh? The Nuremberg trials?
Crow

Postby brownzeroed » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:14 am

..... Ok.... I'll give you Spielberg. ^___^

:) Nah. Just intellectual cowardice and the lure of product endorsements. Oh! And constantly subjecting us to his father issues.
He gives easy answers to complex problems, allows advertisers to define his terms and muddies the public debate with selfish objectives, then calls it a film about America. He's not evil. He's just a baby-boomer :D.
brownzeroed

Re: Dr. Horowitz vs Steven Seagal, CIA plot-hijacking.

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:26 am

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Dr. Len Horowitz has been writing about US bioweapon history and nasty things coming out of Fort Detrick and Plum Island.]

He also spazzed the fuck out after the collossal eye-opener, "Aids and Ebola: Emerging Viruses", which skipped the shit and scared the skin itself right off my ass, only to fall into the 'chemtrails are dispersions from killvehicles' thinger..

That one doesn't get my money or respect, Hugh.

Come on, man..Each book that guy writes is crazier and crazier. Even 'Aids and Ebola' has it's problem spots..And you don't need Horowitz to know that Lyme's Disease had Plum Island as A, as in ONE vector point..
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby professorpan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:18 am

I miss back when this website had thoughtful people with depth instead of the surreal hit-and-run quippers and serial distortionists. Writing here has become trying to build in a crowd of vandals. No surprise.

This site is full of thoughtful people -- which is why your keyword hijacking nonsense gets such a thorough drubbing.

If you keep hurling out outrageous, illogical examples, all I can say is be prepared for more thoughtful people to chime in -- as they have -- to let you know you've left the reality-based community and are heading deeper into the jungles of paranoid ideation.

No one is out to "get" you, Hugh. We just would like to see your energies channeled into real analysis and investigation.
professorpan

WashPost-featured "Frazz" cuts to the quick!

Postby robert d reed » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:25 am

formerly robertdreed...
robert d reed

Re: WashPost-featured "Frazz" cuts to the quick!

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:27 am

robert d reed wrote:The Ultimate Keyword Hijack?

Mockery is only going to propel Hugh's departure and fuel a sense of isolation which I'd much rather not see that happen, so if you'd be so kind..

:roll:
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Re: 'The Trial'

Postby jingofever » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:30 am

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:I have no idea why 'Austerlitz' was made. And the word IS similar in sight and sound to 'Auschwitz.'

Where's your commentary on 'The Trial' and Welles being steered into it by the producers of 'Austerlitz?' Plus the perfect meme reversal of Auschwitz? Watch that movie and you'll never think any trial makes any sense.

Did Nazi sympathy in the United States increase after "The Trial" was released? Why would a rational person have that reaction after watching that movie? How does Judgement at Nuremberg (released in 1961) fit into your theory? That is the year little Eichmann went on trial after all.

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:These event are consistent with standard counterpropaganda characteristics desigened to mitigate the effect of hostile information, just like limpet mine terrorism and 'The Incredible Mr. Limpet.'

How does this mitigate the effect of hostile information? One more time please.

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:So apparently it is your position, naysayers, that the USG does not use media assets to mitigate the effect of hostile information. THAT'S an unfounded position.

Not using "Keyword Hijacking." I'm sure if their intention was to cover-up they would use a less subtle technique.

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Where's your commentary on Disney's 6/25 Tea Cup ride death and the rapidly-following positive framing of the Tea Cup ride in the 7/4 AP nonsense article about luckiness?

It wasn't a teacup ride. It was the Rock 'n' Roller coaster. The teacup injury was at Boomers! Parks.

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:How do you explain that? Yet another 'coincidence?' Puh-leeese.

Yes. How you don't see that after the teapot synchronicity I do not understand. "We are all but crumpets in god's vast tea set." - Bertrand Russell.
jingofever

Postby professorpan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:34 am

Mockery is only going to propel Hugh's departure and fuel a sense of isolation which I'd much rather not see that happen, so if you'd be so kind..

Sadly, any attempt to point out the absurdities of Hugh's examples by fabricating similar "hijackings" -- as I've done with Don Knotts & JFK/RFK -- is bound to look like mockery.

That reminds me, I never did finish looking into Bill Bixby's CIA connections....

:-)
professorpan

Postby robert d reed » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:59 am

To return to seriousness (if only for a trice): in my opinion, if any credulous reader were to swallow HMWs observations hook, line, and sinker, I think they could possibly be setting themselves up for serious psychological difficulties, down the line.

I'm not judging HMWs mental condition personally. I have no way of evaluating it, any more than I'm able to evaluate his sincerity.

I'm simply talking about the spurious quality of the content he's proffering.

At minimum, HMW (or readers of HMW) needs to do less study of psychological operations manuals- and more study of basic psychology, with an emphasis on abnormal psychology, including case studies of paranoid delusions and schizophrenia, which often revolve around verbal "triggers" that lack any systematic origin other than the afflicted persons disordered mental faculties.

Someone once observed to me that a major problem rendering schizophrenics resistant to treatment is that the stimulus is always real. As long as this is a world full of signs, symbols, and phenomena, the potential to highlight, concentrate, and organize them into a set of hostile stimuli directed against one's being is ever-present.

Of course, "even paranoids can have real enemies." But schizophrenia, paranoia, and associated mental disorders involve faulty reality testing capabilities- testing typically reveals persistent problems with referencing, analogy, allegory, humor, self-evaluation of one's own image, etc.

Along with that, there's often a physiological state of strong emotional arousal associated with "crisis states" like anxiety, fear, rage, etc. that lacks any obvious immediate provoking stimulus. One might say that the arousal comes first, and goes looking for an explanation.

The emotional unbalancing, and its consequent untoward behaviors, is what people notice. That's what makes it difficult for people with serious difficulties to function in society.

Lacking that, I'm not sure how much difference there is between mental disorder and sloppy thinking...
Last edited by robert d reed on Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
formerly robertdreed...
robert d reed

Postby Dreams End » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:15 am

Line of the Day goes to brownzeroed speaking about Spielberg:
He's not evil. He's just a baby-boomer

Congratulations...though there aren't any prizes.
Dreams End

Is Justified True Belief Knowledge?

Postby brownzeroed » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:20 am

At minimum, HMW (or readers of HMW) needs to do less study of psychological operations manuals- and more study of basic psychology, with an emphasis on abnormal psychology, including case studies of paranoid delusions and schizophrenia, which often revolve around verbal triggers.

Not to mention, epistemology and the Gettier problem to be more precise:

"Smith has applied for a job, but, it is claimed, has a justified belief that "Jones will get the job". He also has a justified belief that "Jones has 10 coins in his pocket". Smith therefore (justifiably) concludes (by the rule of the transitivity of identity) that "the man who will get the job has 10 coins in his pocket".
In fact, Jones does not get the job. Instead, Smith does. However, as it happens, Smith (unknowingly and by sheer chance) also had 10 coins in his pocket. So his belief that "the man who will get the job has 10 coins in his pocket" was justified and true. But it does not appear to be knowledge.
"

This is a flaw that resides in everyone.

"Asps. Very dangerous."
brownzeroed

synchronicity

Postby professorpan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:22 pm

In the past couple of days, in conversations with people unrelated to this board (i.e. friends and casual acquaintances) the following topics have come up in conversation:

Don Knott (on 2 occasions)
The Incredible Mr. Limpet movie (one occasion)
The Apple Dumpling Gang
and, believe it or not, The Shaggy D.A.

I am not kidding.

I assume a CIA spook is reading my RI posts and funneling them through my friends, relatives, and acquaintances... yes, that's it....

Truly weird.
professorpan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion