Confessions of a Covert Agent

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby medicis » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:55 pm

If the guy hadn't pretended to be a covert op, one might think he was simply ignorant of important aspects. But since he did claim covert op status, the only conclusions to be drawn about his tale are disinfo and limited hangout. We already knew all of the stuff he said that -was/is- true. What he didn't say is revealing.
medicis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:42 am

medicis wrote:If the guy hadn't pretended to be a covert op, one might think he was simply ignorant of important aspects. But since he did claim covert op status, the only conclusions to be drawn about his tale are disinfo and limited hangout. We already knew all of the stuff he said that -was/is- true. What he didn't say is revealing.

Yeah, but was he writing the book for "us". Perhaps he was tho, I spose thats always a good niche market...

However I think its bullshit. Nothing about 911, cept that bit about the Saudi's... Nice way to frame something.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Attack Ships on Fire » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:07 am

My initial thoughts on the insider's account is that if he were a valid insider that has knowledge then why not reveal the knowledge? Why not say where you saw the piles of bodies instead of trying to scare us with the image that you have seen the boogeyman? Tell us who the boogeyman is and where they did their crimes. Instead we get the usual Cheney/Bush Sn. are evil mantra without any new information to back up this claim. If the writer of that account truly wants to break the reign of the evil ones in power then they should know that the exposing of information is the way to do it.

Alice's article from the Sydney newspaper is far, far more horrifying and deserves your attention and then dissemination. Thank you for posting that. I wish that there were a way that more help could be delivered to the Congonese.
Attack Ships on Fire

Postby AlicetheKurious » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:23 am

...Bechtel, the CitiBank boys, the World Bank, IMF and various covert elements have been supplying brutal regime after brutal regime in the region.

We need a counter-conspiracy of Hizbullah-type grassroots-based popular resistance, combined with a Hugo Chavez-type economic revolution; add a touch of decentralized, alternative global media, an independent International Criminal Court with teeth and voila! Millions, perhaps billions of human beings can be set free...
AlicetheKurious

Postby LilyPatToo » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:59 pm

Thank you for posting that article, Alice--like ASoF, I wasn't fully aware of the extent of the suffering in the Congo. Jeez...I get PAC emails with petitions for Darfur almost daily, but nothing at all about this other horrible human rights tragedy...the politics of human rights/social justice movements make me sad :(

Re: Mr. Secret Agent Guy--His prose reminds me of the parts of Cathy O'Brien's books that Mark Phillips wrote--the sly boasting and macho gloating about his "intel past" just puts me off something fierce. Ugh.

The only good I can see coming from his book is that some people who are ignorant of the stuff we know may be introduced to it. But we don't know what he's leaving out or what he's subtly spinning, so there's no way to tell for certain what his real motives are or who's behind this little literary project. He could just be a braggart/fantasist looking for attention--a narcissist with delusions of intel glamour and insider power. That's what he sounds like to me, anyway.

And if his publicity for the book is any indication of the level of his writing ability, then I cringe at the thought of reading a whole book's worth of it :P

LilyPat
LilyPatToo

Postby ninakat » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:32 pm

In addition to the 9/11 Saudis did it meme, the last paragraph in the article seems like a joke to me:

It really does come down to us. You have to personally, in your daily life, do everything you can. With enough public pressure all of these things are achievable. Once we get a small portion of the population acting in this direction, it will quickly catch on and spread. Even though the overwhelming majority of the US population is incredibly propagandized on the surface, just underneath is the realization of the need for mass action. They just need leaders to point this out. The mainstream just needs a spark. Do what you can to set it off. It is a matter of unprecedented significance.

Anyone with this person's supposed knowledge of how things really operate can't seriously think that a revolution is going to be sparked this way in the media-controlled U.S. And, his argument that the people will wake up because they will realize it's survival time -- well, that just doesn't hold water for me either. There is NO organizational mechanism available to people in this country with which to spread the word and mobilize people to act. The internet is a hodge podge, and sites that DO expose the truth are seen by less people than watch C-SPAN.

The whole thing stinks of a honey pot to lure in gullible dissidents.
ninakat

Postby streeb » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:36 pm

a narcissist with delusions of intel glamour and insider power.

Bingo!

Double bingo! Although I might add "internet warriors" to "gullible dissidents".
streeb

Postby cc » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:04 pm

cmon. lots of "shit"s and "fuck"s for dramatic effect. lots of big talk with very little concrete info.

let's face that if the powerful people they're naming are half as powerful as they're saying, this person would be deader than dead, not publishing a book.
cc

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:02 pm

ninakat wrote:In addition to the 9/11 Saudis did it meme, the last paragraph in the article seems like a joke to me:

It really does come down to us. You have to personally, in your daily life, do everything you can. With enough public pressure all of these things are achievable. Once we get a small portion of the population acting in this direction, it will quickly catch on and spread. Even though the overwhelming majority of the US population is incredibly propagandized on the surface, just underneath is the realization of the need for mass action. They just need leaders to point this out. The mainstream just needs a spark. Do what you can to set it off. It is a matter of unprecedented significance.

Honey pot is right. He's stolen lots of memes that are true but kept in some bullshit.

Our open-source collective intelligence is being harvested to make memetic vaccines (psy-ops) that innoculate people against us and the truths we tell.

That paragraph about 'needing a spark' to reach lots of potential "AHA!" I happen to strongly agree with and I've written as much.

And this is also what makes me think this 'guy' is a fake intentionally poisoning the well.
His site has an excerpt from his alleged interview with an unnamed 'big European' personage wherein our secret whistleblower bad mouths bloggers as a bunch of dirty freaks.

Compare that to his urgings to 'spark an info revolution.'
If he was sincere, he'd be playing up the value of blogs like this one.

I hope this makes more RI readers realize that boards like this are read by TPTB and ideas for counterpropaganda are developed and our words are stolen and weaponized and then reinjected into the internet for us to spread.

9/11 Truth is the achilles heel of Nazi-ism. And this imposter proved it for the umpteenth time.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

FWIW, Larry Johnson calls out the Confessions...

Postby dqueue » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:10 pm

FWIW, ex-CIA Larry Johnson calls out the Confessions of a Covert Agent on his blog. He also takes time out to poopoo the story about the Venezuala intercept between State and CIA.
dqueue

Postby LilyPatToo » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:01 pm

dqueue, thanks for the link. The best of the comments was made by one "OleHippieChick" and deserves to be quoted:
Comment by OleHippieChick | 2007-11-30 13:39:21
Oh, OK, so CIA doesn’t do THAT, but
there’s no denying “the CIA, DIA, NSC, NSA, SAIC, Army Intel and many more lesser known agencies within the intelligence apparatus” have always been in the business of starting up shit they can’t finish, on whomever’s behalf.
We haven’t had a good war we could actually win since OSS became CIA. Sixty years of delegitimization. Sixty years of foreign policy consisting in dealing with the blowback of undisclosed dirty tricks and fuckery. Sixty years of never getting the real reason why things have gone so shittily downhill. There’s no HUMINT because WE CAN’T GET OVER.
Now all the eyes of Sauron turn on US. This black ops administration and the alphabet soup are doing us in.
Hey, I don’t blame Venezuela for taking full advantage of any agitprop it can. It’s not like what we’ve been doing to other coutries is some kind of conspiracy theory or something. Christ, the “history” of the first half of the existence of the CIA was recently released. Everything we suspected was true. Probably in spades.

She's on the right track, methinks. And I get the imression she'd fit in here, too :wink:

LilyPat
LilyPatToo

Postby populistindependent » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:09 pm

AlicetheKurious wrote:We need a counter-conspiracy of Hizbullah-type grassroots-based popular resistance, combined with a Hugo Chavez-type economic revolution; add a touch of decentralized, alternative global media, an independent International Criminal Court with teeth and voila! Millions, perhaps billions of human beings can be set free...

Indeed.

And the "oh they have all the big scary weapons and technology so there is nothing we can do" is nonsense. Recent history is full of examples of people overcoming some very serious imbalances in weaponry and technology.

It is amazing that anyone in the US could still have such a touching faith in (or cowardly fear of) massive weaponry and technology, after the dismal failures to overcome guerilla resistance movements in so many places by the US and European powers with advanced technology and superior fire power.

Just imagine if the downtrodden, persecuted and abused people in this country and around the world had some allies on the inside - educated and knowledgeable white Americans living and working right in the heart of the beast, with all of the freedom of movement and access to information and resources that they have. But no, they are busy cringing and whining and feeling sorry for themselves, as they examine their own belly button lint, argue about absurd "philosophies" and theories and perfect their personal lifestyle choices.
populistindependent

Previous

Return to General Discussion