The official new members and lurkers thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The official new members and lurkers thread

Postby lucky » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:35 am

Yes greetings to all new posters - re Jeff W taking an active roll in this forum...well he very rarely posts and the blog died long ago- such a shame but I guess he has moved on to other things but it would be nice if he could let us know what he's up to.
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nothing » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:53 am

Hi, all. I just finished the Rigorous Intuition book last night and loved it. I'm familiar with most of Vallee's books and have read most of Colin Wilson's work as well. I found that I had read a lot of the books mentioned in RI and have now ordered the first part of Sinister Forces.
I was wondering if there was anything else that I am missing in terms of an obvious work that I should read?
I had come to the conclusion, having read Nick Redfern's Final Events that the occult dimension to UFO's was Christian paranoia but I'm not so sure now. So, if there is anything that someone can recommend in that area in particular I would be grateful.
Thanks.
Nothing

Postby brainpanhandler » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:29 am

A quick search:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30327&hilit=book

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9289

Wombaticus Rex » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:24 pm wrote:The first volume of Dolan's UFOs and the National Security State is pretty flawless. His subsequent career, much less so.

Jeff » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:15 am wrote:I'd like to add The Trickster and the Paranormal by George P Hansen to the list. (Its introduction can be read here.) Hansen may be best read after Vallee, whose writing is perhaps more accessible. Still, it's a marvelous work of intelligence and creative tension, respecting without credulity the fact of High Strangeness, while also seriously studying its counterfeit, and the significance of both to covert agencies.

I haven't read either of those two books but those are recommendations from people whose opinions I respect.

Having recently read it I would suggest The Holographic Universe by Michal Talbot. Connects the quantum and the paranormal. it's a way to make sense of a lot of things that otherwise don't make sense. And best of all you can read it for free:

https://archive.org/details/Holographic ... heUniverse
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Laodicean » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:02 pm

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby Laodicean » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:58 pm

Laodicean

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue May 01, 2018 9:34 pm

:)

Postby Laodicean » Tue May 01, 2018 7:57 pm
Laodicean » Wed May 02, 2018 1:08 am wrote:
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Laodicean » Tue May 01, 2018 10:08 pm

Laodicean

Postby The Bernician » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:00 am

Hello everyone,

I hope this is the right place for this. (It looks pretty dormant, but it is official, so...) I am also on attempt two, having tried and failed to post a moment ago.

I first came across the blog a very long time ago, and it was the perfect mix of articulating what I was thinking (or intuiting), and pushing me into areas that I hadn't really contemplated. Gradually, this message board became my main source of topical information. Like many, I think, I drift in and out of 'the news', balancing the desire to know and to understand with the psychological knowledge that it's not particularly good for me. I hope that, somewhere in there, is a desire to help make things better, to be a good citizen, but I'm pretty sceptical as to my ability to achieve much.

It's been a perfectly one-sided relationship, but I feel I've come to know this community a little, and ultimately to trust your collective way of thinking. I'm trying to grow out of looking for leaders, prophets, or heroes, but I still have a desire to trust, and I believe that it is better placed here than in most places.

I do care about people in faraway places, or people in this place living faraway lives (though my own is no gilded tower either), but the politics of the last year or so have made me truly fearful for my own life and immediate community in a way that I have not previously experienced. I fear that makes me the archetypal 'first they came for the trade unionists' coward, but I try and forgive myself for my personal fearfulness, and to become braver in spite of my nature.

I intend to be fairly circumspect initially, as I don't feel I have the right to barge into an existing community and demand attention, but I do think I can contribute to your dynamic as time goes on, as I feel I can grasp the humanity that underpins this collective endeavour. At the very least, please accept this as a note of appreciation for the community you have built, and on which I have been parasitic for so long.
The Bernician

Postby DrEvil » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:26 am

Hi and welcome! :wave:
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby norton ash » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:33 pm

Welcome, Bernician. Nobody here would write if they thought their words wouldn't be read, so it's not parasitic! I generally defer to the wisdom and commitment of our regulars anyway, so I don't say much.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:32 pm

The Bernician » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:00 am wrote:
I intend to be fairly circumspect initially, as I don't feel I have the right to barge into an existing community and demand attention, but I do think I can contribute to your dynamic as time goes on, as I feel I can grasp the humanity that underpins this collective endeavour. At the very least, please accept this as a note of appreciation for the community you have built, and on which I have been parasitic for so long.

Welcome Bernician! And by all means, barge in when ready to do so. We're all fellow humans stumbling through oftentimes dimly lit passage.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Elvis » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:20 pm

Greetings, Bernician! Thanks for the nice note, and feel free to jump right in. :basicsmile
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:54 pm

stickdog99

Postby The Bernician » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:26 am

Thanks everyone - I look forward to engaging with you all as time goes on.
The Bernician

Previous

Return to General Discussion