The official new members and lurkers thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The official new members and lurkers thread

Postby Tyler Rabbit » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:32 am

Have made a few posts but figure I should officially introduce myself..
Am an animator and filmmaker in Southern California. I do animation and VFX for various TV shows. Over the past 7 years I've kinda found a niche with mainstream paranormal, UFO, and conspiracy shows airing mainly on History Channel.

Am a pretty serious skeptic, but these are huge areas of interest to me, and from an animator's perspective, you couldn't ask for more fun stuff to work on.

For the past 3 years I've been working on an independent documentary about Marion Pettie and The Finders, which is how I found this site.
Tyler Rabbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:33 am

Welcome Mr. Rabbit!

Tyler Rabbit » 31 Aug 2014 09:32 wrote:Have made a few posts but figure I should officially introduce myself..
Am an animator and filmmaker in Southern California. I do animation and VFX for various TV shows. Over the past 7 years I've kinda found a niche with mainstream paranormal, UFO, and conspiracy shows airing mainly on History Channel.

Am a pretty serious skeptic, but these are huge areas of interest to me, and from an animator's perspective, you couldn't ask for more fun stuff to work on.

For the past 3 years I've been working on an independent documentary about Marion Pettie and The Finders, which is how I found this site.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Kate » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:00 pm

This is not so much an introduction as it is a reintroduction.

I've been a member here since the beginning of 2011, and had been lurking here already for some years prior to joining. When I finally joined and posted, I seem to remember having confessed to acute shyness.

Guess what? I'm still shy. That wasn't initially the reason for my hiatus from the board -- the vagaries of real life took care of that. But being shy has been the reason for my lurking again these past couple of years. Now, one more time, I'm trying to conquer that problem by piping up again.

Hi everybody! Even when I haven't posted, I've enjoyed reading what you all have to say. Thanks for the many hours of interesting ideas, conjectures, debates, and all-around good reading you've provided me.

Kate

p.s. Can anyone explain how to attach an avatar? I looked at the FAQ, but there were no specifics there. Thanks in advance!
Kate

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Kate » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:00 pm wrote:.
This is not so much an introduction as it is a reintroduction.

I've been a member here since the beginning of 2011, and had been lurking here already for some years prior to joining. When I finally joined and posted, I seem to remember having confessed to acute shyness.

Guess what? I'm still shy. That wasn't initially the reason for my hiatus from the board -- the vagaries of real life took care of that. But being shy has been the reason for my lurking again these past couple of years. Now, one more time, I'm trying to conquer that problem by piping up again.

Hi everybody! Even when I haven't posted, I've enjoyed reading what you all have to say. Thanks for the many hours of interesting ideas, conjectures, debates, and all-around good reading you've provided me.

Kate

p.s. Can anyone explain how to attach an avatar? I looked at the FAQ, but there were no specifics there. Thanks in advance!

Hi Kate

go to User Control Panel.......hit Profile ...there you will see Edit avatar ..

and then start piping up :)
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Laodicean » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:23 pm

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:17 pm

Welcome back, Kate.

Hi, Tyler Rabbit! Welcome.

Kate might need some help shrinking her avatar to fit. Anybody remember how?

On edit:

I see I missed a few others. Welcome Dioneo! Welcome Pushkarev!

Nice work, Pushkarev. You might want to update that Jeff's now had two books published. (Just a suggestion.)
Iamwhomiam

Postby Kate » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:22 pm

Thanks all, for the warm welcome. And thank you, SLAD, for pointing me in the right direction for avatar implementation, and thank you, IAWIA, for thoughtfulness about shrinking the image to avatar size.

I figured that out myself, using a graphics program called FastStone. Since my pic is taller than wide, I used the "resize" function by setting the height at 140 pixels, and let the program calculate the pixel number for width. It surprised me that it was so easy peasy.

Now that the avatar is set, I feel like more of a member here! :basicsmile
Kate

Postby elfismiles » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:35 pm

Love your avatar Kate ... I thought it was William-Adolphe Bouguereau but just discovered it is Gabriel Joseph Marie Augustin Ferrier.

Kate » 08 Oct 2014 20:22 wrote:Thanks all, for the warm welcome. And thank you, SLAD, for pointing me in the right direction for avatar implementation, and thank you, IAWIA, for thoughtfulness about shrinking the image to avatar size.

I figured that out myself, using a graphics program called FastStone. Since my pic is taller than wide, I used the "resize" function by setting the height at 140 pixels, and let the program calculate the pixel number for width. It surprised me that it was so easy peasy.

Now that the avatar is set, I feel like more of a member here! :basicsmile
elfismiles

Postby Kate » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:26 am

Love your avatar Kate ... I thought it was William-Adolphe Bouguereau but just discovered it is Gabriel Joseph Marie Augustin Ferrier.

Thanks, elfismiles! Sounds like you know your way around French Academy painters.
Kate

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:58 pm

Hi Kate, it is a beautiful painting. Sorry I forgot to offer you a link to an image editor to shrink it down to become your avatar. Here's someone here turned me on to:

http://www.online-image-editor.com/index.cfm
Iamwhomiam

Postby elfismiles » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Yer welcome Kate.

Truth be told ... I just happened to know of Bouguereau and thought your pic was one of his and used the google-images reverse lookup function to identify it and learned of actual artist GJM Augustin Ferrier (whom I really wasn't familiar with - probably mistook other stuff of his for Bouguereau).

Years ago I got a poster of Bouguereau's Nymphs and Satyr painting and started looking for more works by him and bought a contacts notebook featuring a bunch of his works. I really like that realism juxtaposed with the fantastic. Kinda like why I enjoy Rigorous Intuition so much ... Deep Politics alongside High Weirdness.

Kate » 10 Oct 2014 08:26 wrote:Love your avatar Kate ... I thought it was William-Adolphe Bouguereau but just discovered it is Gabriel Joseph Marie Augustin Ferrier.

Thanks, elfismiles! Sounds like you know your way around French Academy painters.
elfismiles

Postby Lunatic Fringe » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:10 pm

Greetings folks, I was invited to this fine domain by errrr dunno his use name but he saw me posting some shit about organised, institutional child abuse & murders & thought my paranoid conspracy ramblings might suit this place. You guys must be all nuts too then? I'm in good company ;)

I'm going to claw my way through some of the Paedophile File to make certain my crazy ideas haven't been posited by anyone else... then it's chocks away...
Lunatic Fringe

Postby elfismiles » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:15 pm

Welcome Lu!

There are quite a few good threads around on the subject. Looking forward to hearing how "fringe" your ideas might be.

- SMiles

Lunatic Fringe » 08 Dec 2014 16:10 wrote:Greetings folks, I was invited to this fine domain by errrr dunno his use name but he saw me posting some shit about organised, institutional child abuse & murders & thought my paranoid conspracy ramblings might suit this place. You guys must be all nuts too then? I'm in good company ;)

I'm going to claw my way through some of the Paedophile File to make certain my crazy ideas haven't been posited by anyone else... then it's chocks away...
elfismiles

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:42 pm

A little late but, Hi Tyler and Lunatic Fringe.

Greetings folks, I was invited to this fine domain by errrr dunno his use name but he saw me posting some shit about organised, institutional child abuse & murders & thought my paranoid conspracy ramblings might suit this place. You guys must be all nuts too then? I'm in good company

Please do share your intuitions, especially those derived from rigorous research. But above all else, remember - we have survivors of such abuse post here - so if you want to fantasize, please - keep it real.
Serious inquiries and ponderings I'm sure are welcome.

If you want to post about an event you've come across that you find disturbing, please note this by leading off with a clear trigger warning.

Only a few of us are nuts. Please show some empathy to our members' peculiarities ! :partydance:
Iamwhomiam

Postby Lunatic Fringe » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:09 am

... of course.

... & I can assure you despite my perhaps missplaced humour, I have investiigated my subject very thoroughly & very seriously.

My humour is quintessentially English however, & more than a little twisted. I should probably put that in my sig or something... That kind of warning might be handy for pretty much anyone reading my stuff.
Lunatic Fringe

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion