The official new members and lurkers thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The official new members and lurkers thread

Postby widefidelity » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi all,

Davis/widefidelity here. I'm a longtime lurker, first-time poster, and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a white-collar office drone by day, father of two by night, and live in Victoria, BC. Looking forward to joining in on the conversation - I'm interested in just about everything, though I don't have much free time these days other than what I can wrestle out of the hands of sleep. I'm on twitter here.
widefidelity

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justdrew » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:24 pm

widefidelity wrote:Hi all,

Davis/widefidelity here. I'm a longtime lurker, first-time poster, and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a white-collar office drone by day, father of two by night, and live in Victoria, BC. Looking forward to joining in on the conversation - I'm interested in just about everything, though I don't have much free time these days other than what I can wrestle out of the hands of sleep. I'm on twitter here.

welcome to the party! :partyhat :thumbsup
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Jeff » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:03 pm

Longtime lurker. :wave:
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:23 pm

Seamus OBlimey

Postby NeonLX » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:18 am

Hey Zeus, the title of this thread made me think (ouch)--I've been here since 2007. It certainly don't seem that long. Can't remember how I first stumbled into the forum; I suppose I could dredge up an old post where I 'splained it. Probably related to 9/11.

Only original thing I ever contributed was some weirdness specific to me surrounding an old Steve Lawrence song...and some unfortunate bidness about a coworker who has an uncanny ability to always be "blessed".
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hammer of Los » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:22 pm

NeonLX wrote:Hey Zeus, the title of this thread made me think (ouch)--I've been here since 2007. It certainly don't seem that long. Can't remember how I first stumbled into the forum; I suppose I could dredge up an old post where I 'splained it. Probably related to 9/11.

Only original thing I ever contributed was some weirdness specific to me surrounding an old Steve Lawrence song...and some unfortunate bidness about a coworker who has an uncanny ability to always be "blessed".

Zeus?

I rolled three sixes in a row playing sorcerer's cave over christmas.

I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do it.

Still lost the game, though.

The other team had a powerful priest with a magic staff.

My team of dwarves and trolls didn't stand a chance.

But we all had fun!

So it was a win win scenario!

Oh, by the way, Grant is the one and only King Mob.

Am I on topic?

Hammer of Los

Postby babaqaq » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:17 pm

Rather longtime lurker (c. 2006 when Jeff was still posting blog entries), very sporadic poster, and immensely impressed with the general chops so many of you folks have. Brought here (indirectly) because 9/11+Bush&Co, but have long been interested in the MK+abduction angle, among other things. Jeff, you book remains something I thumb through regularly and I miss your regular postings. Thanks for this forum, and cheers, all.
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
-- Nietzsche
babaqaq

Postby justdrew » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:57 pm

babaqaq wrote:Rather longtime lurker (c. 2006 when Jeff was still posting blog entries), very sporadic poster, and immensely impressed with the general chops so many of you folks have. Brought here (indirectly) because 9/11+Bush&Co, but have long been interested in the MK+abduction angle, among other things. Jeff, you book remains something I thumb through regularly and I miss your regular postings. Thanks for this forum, and cheers, all.

cheers! :cheers:
justdrew

Postby zangtang » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:30 am

good lord its working! - looks like i'm back, certainly wouldnt expect any of you to remember me, havent posted since june? 2010 and thought it was longer than that.
doesnt mean i havent been lurking pretty much everyday since err...before that.
most important, thanks to everyone who keeps posting to the images only thread, cos sometimes, you know, i just like to look at the pictures....

couldnt find the (Jeff's) blogpost that centred on ' hair of the alien' (thats on my wishlist and am about to buy alongside, finally, 'mirage men'.....what i'm
really looking for of course is the name of the drug/compound experimented with by the author? protagonist? scientist named in the book? allegedly to induce synthetic(?) telepathy.....

just in the course of a days musings....

jusst by the bye, there may have been a whole thread on this but if so i missed it - after all the well deserved acclaim for Dolan's UFOs an't nat'l security state vol1, was looking for lots of comment on vol2...........

which i finally got a mere couple months ago, read cover to cover..........seriously disappointed....major step change down in rigour and comprehensiveness i thought

achh well, back to neuschwabenland and the 20-odd missing type 21(or whatever) u-boats, i suppose.
zangtang

Postby elfismiles » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:05 pm

Welcome back zangtang.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Sixlegged » Sun May 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi folks. It seems I signed up for this forum at some time in the past but have no recollection of it. Such is the norm for the chronic alcoholic. My old pal Jerky is a fan of this place so I look forward to lurking for a while and figuring out what's going on.
Sixlegged

Postby justdrew » Sun May 05, 2013 4:40 pm

:thumbsup welcome!

I just changed the CAPTCHA encountered by folks trying to register. It's been changed FROM being one of those pictures where you have to type the letters TO a Q&A. The pictures I found annoyingly difficult, but the bots did not. Anyway, we've gone from 50-200 fake registration attempts per day to zero.

So, if anyone reading as Guest tried to register before, try again. As always e-mail Jeff with the username for quicker activation. or if you have an outstanding username not yet activated, send that.

Let me know if the Question the new CAPTCHA asks in too confusing.
the answer is a number that can be spelled out or written with numerals.
justdrew

Postby Hammer of Los » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:20 am

Hammer of Los

Postby Hammer of Los » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:36 am

GOD BLESS THE LOVERS!

GOD BLESS THEREMY!

SUBMIT!!!