CIA's use of George Clooney+...Coen brothers?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:29 pm

brekin wrote:I thought this was all old news..

Sorry couldn't resist, :wink:

:P Well done. Thanks!

Remember, 50% of US military recruits come from the heavily-Christian south and their cultural memes are critical to national security policies. Can't have them losing their view of Uncle Sam as Jesus with nukes just because some women doesn't like being part of Nazi medical experiments.

So nevermind Ulysses who has no narrative traction with most Americans.
The obvious image of the Three Wise Men on a pilgrimage with the biblical-toned title is a perfect binary agent activating the gospel music that was easily the larger half of the movie's product marketing.

"I once was lost but now I'm found, was blind but..."
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hollywood: Mecca of the Movies

Postby IanEye » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:10 pm

Hollywood Mecca of the Movies

Who are you and why are you speaking aloud?
In this joint there are no cameramen allowed
He is a personality not a person
Crime Being Crime Wave The Scanner
What A Town What A Great Town

We didn't build this place to last forever
Sodium Penathol Pseudologica Fantastica
Honesty is the most subversive of all disguises
I said goodbye a long time ago
You must not have heard me

Measurement and signature
How to throw your voice
Dead Pan Alley
Extreme Consciousness
Power/Violence
Social Engineering
Someone stole my identity
And I feel sorry for him

It's a mortal cinch
No resilience
We didn't build this place to last forever
What A Town What A Great Town

http://www.tboneburnett.com/lyrics/tfi_hollywood.html
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

I Can Explain Everything

Postby IanEye » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:30 pm

I Can Explain Everything

I have a suggestion in answer to the question
How can we make the world easier to bear
We could go on a mission to get all politicians
And preachers off of the air

Cause when you're talking to that many people at one time
You're bound to be lying to someone at some time
So let's band together and cause a collision
And throw all these liars off television

I can explain everything

How can anyone spend six million dollars every four years
to get a job that makes sixty thousand per?
How can a man stand straight-faced with tears in his eyes
And plead for millions when his motives are a blur?

The genius of France can be seen at a glance
And it's not in their fabled fashion scene
It's not that they're mean or their wine or cuisine
I refer of course to the guillotine

http://samposts.tmtm.com/wiki/The_Criminal_Under_My_Own_Hat
IanEye

Postby orz » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:32 pm

Found it.

Yeah of course you did.

The Cohen Brothers films will be remembered and be a worthwhile part of human culture long after you and your intelligence-insulting cargo cult conspiracy fandom word games are dead and gone. Discuss.
orz

Postby FourthBase » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:34 pm

Still not getting why you don't think keyword hijacking, decoy narratives, negative framing of whistleblowers, pictograms, etc. aren't the very humidity of psy-ops.

I do think all of that. But your examples of it suck, Hugh.

Mnemonic inoculation or inoculation theory is involved.
Neuroscience, linguistics, narrative structure, etc.

Okay.

If people first associate the keyword "McGill" with a satisfying upbeat story with ubermale Clooney instead of Nazi abuse, that's good counter-propaganda.
Besides the movie, there's reinforcing sing-along products with other happiness-producing artists also reinforcing the benign association.

Do you know how many instances of the proper noun "McGill" there are in the English language? You took one of the probably thousands of thousands of times "McGill" was used in a pop culture artifact and decided it was the key to a psy-ops. The McGill experiments are definitely something the elite would want to keep hidden and/or preemptively undermine, but achieving that goal via naming Clooney's character in Oh Brother -- not even the name mostly associated with him in the movie but his last name, something one would probably only see typed out on imdb.com -- is utterly fucking implausible. Because it would be totally fucking ineffective. I guarantee that the only association there -- either conscious or unconscious -- made by anyone in the entire fucking world was made by you.

Pentagon definition of counter-propaganda:
"Any action taken to minimize the effect of hostile information."

Okay.

Remember the audience, FB. It's not you or me. It is the still large audience of people who Don't Know Yet what military-intelligence will do to them in the name of national security.

Giving the character McGill as a last name doesn't do anything to them.
That's the problem here, that's why your example sucks.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby orz » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:38 pm

Do you know how many instances of the proper noun "McGill" there are in the English language? You took one of the probably thousands of thousands of times "McGill" was used in a pop culture artifact and decided it was the key to a psy-ops. The McGill experiments are definitely something the elite would want to keep hidden and/or preemptively undermine, but achieving that goal via naming Clooney's character in Oh Brother -- not even the name mostly associated with him in the movie but his last name, something one would probably only see typed out on imdb.com -- is utterly fucking implausible. Because it would be totally fucking ineffective. I guarantee that the only association there -- either conscious or unconscious -- made by anyone in the entire fucking world was made by you.

Quoted for truth, as they say on the internets.
orz

Postby IanEye » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:59 pm

His rival, it seems, had broken his dreams
By stealing the girl of his fancy.
Her name was McGill, but she called herself Lil,
And everyone knew her as Nancy.

turn me on dead man....
IanEye

Postby Attack Ships on Fire » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:49 pm

Hey Hugh, if you can do me a favor ~

I'm working on a new writing project. I really need for this one to sell for a high amount of moolah, so if you could tell me what significant parapolitical topics/locations/people were on the forefront of exposure to the public in 2007, and which have the potential of setting back the secret agendas of the military-industrial complex, please write them down and share them with me. I'll give them to my characters/locations and that way it will attract The Powers That Be that run the secret keyword hijacking program behind Hollywood movies and my screenplay will sell for top dollars! I promise to even donate some of the money they pay me to a worthy charity or underfunded truth.org-like organization of your choice.*

Thanks, man!

(*except any "truth about chemtrails" organizations. Whew, let's not go there!)
Attack Ships on Fire

Postby sandymac » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:28 pm

Thank you Hugh.

I bought and watched Syrianna. I became angry while watching it without knowing exactly why. I refused to watch it again. In fact, I stopped watching all of Clooney’s films after that. Same with Mel Gibson. When I saw how they conflated crop circles with alien greys in the movie Signs and then saw people at a loss to explain what the film was trying to say, I got it that Mel had been bought. I was curious, though, at the reason behind his drunken “jew-baiting” act. Also what about Michael (33-degree freemason) Richard’s “black-baiting” act? Is it real or is it Memorex?

I’m also interested in the Disney connection. There was another important Disney connection – the one with Werner Von Braun, former Nazi employee and the father of the NASA rocket program. He collaborated with Walt Disney. It was important to put on a “good show” of the 1969 moon landing.

I stopped watching TV about 6 years ago and can’t endure it now. I watch occasionally to see what manipulations have been added and sometimes, with dropped jaw, I watch at friend’s and relative’s homes to be polite. Jaw dropping propaganda such as the use of docu-dramas - the mixing of live action video with computer-generated animation, ie. the 9/11 tower collapse on the History channel. The result is that innocent people watching the program think the towers collapsed “like that”, in a simple pancake fashion.

And the shocking amount of advertising for pharmaceuticals – unbelievable. Ask your doctor.

I recently followed Brad Pitt’s ‘humanitarian’ escapade in New Orleans. Such cute pink tents. The ‘hunk’ posed thoughtfully in front of the camera. Now we don’t have to think about those poor people living in stinking, moldy trailers for over 2 years with no help in sight. Thank you Brad Pitt. And maybe we could get some more white celebrities to adopt poor black babies.
Tender is the night.
sandymac

Postby theeKultleeder » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:35 pm

Signs is Shylaman's best movie. I love when they are watching the news on tv and that spooky grey alien walks across the screen.

Scary!

Mel Gibson was never really that sexy. Maybe I'm just not attracted to that type, but the Mad Max movies are, and will remain forever great movies.

Clooney is cute. I love the Oceans movies (I just saw Ocean's 13). I think I like the Oceans movies because of the savvy, stylish direction of Steven Soderbergh.
theeKultleeder

Postby professorpan » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:51 pm

I guarantee that the only association there -- either conscious or unconscious -- made by anyone in the entire fucking world was made by you.

Hugh, please print this out and post it above your monitor.
professorpan

Postby FourthBase » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:56 pm

Hugh is generally onto something re: Clooney and Hanks et. al. so often starring in thinly velied propaganda, playing the role of CIA agents, military figures, and other assorted national security professionals.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby orz » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:16 pm

Or typecasting as it's known in the real world.
orz

Postby sunny » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:16 pm

Syriana was such a convoluted mess, I walked out of the theatre halfway through, so I don't know how useful it was for KH or whatever.

But let's not forget the Clooney produced and directed Confessions of a Dangerous Mind:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0270288/

An absurd romp about the Gong Show guy claiming to be a CIA assassin. How fun is that?

I can agree with Hugh when it comes to films like that.
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby professorpan » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:23 pm

I liked Syriana. A lot. It is a very damning commentary on many of the themes addressed on this board.
professorpan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion