Andrew Morton's Tom Cruise bio 'shocking claims'

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby theeKultleeder » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:24 pm

Funny thing is, scientology gets criticized for practicing "disconnection," but some people would have non-scientologists practice disconnection with members of the Co$.

Like, Oprah has to disconnect from anyone in the cult to keep her status as a non-scientologist, or else she's suspect.

Just sayin.
theeKultleeder

Postby FourthBase » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:28 pm

theeKultleeder wrote:Funny thing is, scientology gets criticized for practicing "disconnection," but some people would have non-scientologists practice disconnection with members of the Co$.

Like, Oprah has to disconnect from anyone in the cult to keep her status as a non-scientologist, or else she's suspect.

Just sayin.

Christ, there's a huge difference between "disconnecting" and lavishing celebrity Scientologists' assholes with a tongue bath, which is what she does. It's the degree to which she "connects" with them, not just the connection. I get your point though.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby theeKultleeder » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:48 pm

FourthBase wrote: I get your point though.

Thanks. It was just an observation. I think it's ironic.
theeKultleeder

Postby sunny » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:25 pm

tKl, she's also suspect because her schtick sounds awfully familiar. Very new-agey self help gobbledegoop.

Look up my thread on Oprah wherein I detail the advice she and her doctor guest gave about hypothyroidism. These twits advised r & r (presumably not at Oprah's Hawaiian retreat where she went to be "cured" of the disease)for a very real medical condition which requires medication, which she and the doctory scrupulously avoided mentioning. She's also allowed Dr. Phil to berate women who think, based on their symptoms, they may have the disease. "You're not sick, you're fat!" But of course, Oprah herself is really sick.

Also familiar is the ruthless manner in which she deals with people who try to bring forth any expose of her or her organisation, including her own father.
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby theeKultleeder » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:31 pm

sunny wrote:tKl, she's also suspect because her schtick sounds awfully familiar. Very new-agey self help gobbledegoop.

Look up my thread on Oprah wherein I detail the advice she and her doctor guest gave about hypothyroidism. These twits advised r & r (presumably not at Oprah's Hawaiian retreat where she went to be "cured" of the disease)for a very real medical condition which requires medication, which she and the doctory scrupulously avoided mentioning. She's also allowed Dr. Phil to berate women who think, based on their symptoms, they may have the disease. "You're not sick, you're fat!" But of course, Oprah herself is really sick.

Also familiar is the ruthless manner in which she deals with people who try to bring forth any expose of her or her organisation, including her own father.

Hmmmm. I guess everyone should do what I do and completely ignore her! :wink:
theeKultleeder

Postby sunny » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:37 pm

theeKultleeder wrote:Hmmmm. I guess everyone should do what I do and completely ignore her! :wink:

That's what I keep trying to tell everybody! Her followers are fanatics.
Choose love
sunny

Postby Horatio Hellpop » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:49 am

sunny wrote:tKl, she's also suspect because her schtick sounds awfully familiar. Very new-agey self help gobbledegoop.

Weren't too many fat people coming out of the POW camps Sunny, so he may have had a point.......
Horatio Hellpop

Postby sunny » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:43 am

Horatio Hellpop wrote:Weren't too many fat people coming out of the POW camps Sunny, so he may have had a point.......

Sarcasm?

If they were being starved or underfed in the camp but were still fat, then they were probably sick with hypothyroidism.
Choose love
sunny

Postby Horatio Hellpop » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:27 am

No the point is, fat people are fat cause they eat too much
Horatio Hellpop

Postby philipacentaur » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:28 am

Horatio Hellpop wrote:No the point is, fat people are fat cause they eat too much

Yes, yes. And depressed people just need to "get over it".
philipacentaur

Postby Horatio Hellpop » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:36 am

Well that is correct to a degree. Oh wait a minute........so now you're being sarcastic. Good one. Your sarcasm implies that over consumption of claories versus expenditure of calories is not the reason for excessive body fat. Please enlighten me............
Horatio Hellpop

Postby Crow » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:42 am

A lot of people died of starvation in POW camps as well.

It's interesting that people who get worked up about other people's weight commonly make the "No fat people at Dachau" argument. A fascist solution for obesity, then?
Crow

Postby FourthBase » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:53 am

Horatio Hellpop wrote:No the point is, fat people are fat cause they eat too much

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothyroidism
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby Horatio Hellpop » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:37 am

So people with hypothyroidism are like free energy machines??? Cool.

It's interesting that people who get worked up about other people's weight commonly make the "No fat people at Dachau" argument. A fascist solution for obesity, then?

My grandfather, who survived 2 POW camps and a death march in Africa was the one who originally made this comment to me. I wasn't aware that it was a commonly made argument.

I was being a bit of a shit stirrer before but I can't help it when I see people react indignantly to the suggestion that obesity is usually caused by over consumption of calories.

This kind of ties in to the hatred of the self help industry that is palpable on this board at times. For some people it seems don't want to accept that the solutions to many of their problem's are in their own hands. From a cause effect point of view obesity is probably the simplest fucking problem you will ever have to solve.
Horatio Hellpop

Postby Horatio Hellpop » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:45 am

The issue, which you have raised, is weight and hypothyroidism. It’s a myth that patients with hypothyroidism are obese. It is true that there is some weight gain in hypothyroidism but that is to the tune of 5 kg or so and mainly due to water retention and once on treatment it goes away by the time TSH becomes normal. This means that if patient on treatment and TSH levels are normal then obesity is not due to hypothyroidism.

One has to look for other causes of being overweight. Most common is lifestyle. I would suggest you to go for more vigorous lifestyle modifications in form of diet and exercise and be consistent with that for a long time. We have some medications also available for weight loss but that has to be taken under supervision only.

http://www.doctorndtv.com/faq/detailfaq.asp?id=7998
Horatio Hellpop

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion