Abolish the White Race - By Any Means Necessary

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Abolish the White Race - By Any Means Necessary

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:19 pm

Don't known about the "pet wars," but the cat thing made me think of this:

[url]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasma_gondii[/url]

Toxoplasma gondii (IPA: /ˈtɒksoʊˌplæzmə ˈɡɒndi.aɪ/) is an obligate intracellular, parasitic alveolate that causes the disease toxoplasmosis.[3] Found worldwide, T. gondii is capable of infecting virtually all warm-blooded animals,[4] but felids such as domestic cats are the only known definitive hosts in which the parasite can undergo sexual reproduction.[5]

In humans, T. gondii is one of the most common parasites in developed countries;[
6][7] serological studies estimate that 30–50% of the global population has been exposed to and may be chronically infected with T. gondii, although infection rates differ significantly from country to country.[8][9] For example, previous estimates have shown the highest prevalence of persons infected to be in France, at 84%.[10] Although mild, flu-like symptoms occasionally occur during the first few weeks following exposure, infection with T. gondii produces no readily observable symptoms in healthy human adults.[8][11][12] This asymptomatic state of infection is referred to as a latent infection and has recently been associated with numerous subtle adverse or pathological behavioral alterations in humans.[8][13] In infants, HIV/AIDS patients, and others with weakened immunity, infection can cause a serious and occasionally fatal illness, toxoplasmosis.[11][12]

T. gondii has been shown to alter the behavior of infected rodents in ways that increase the rodents' chances of being preyed upon by felids.[10][14][15] Support for this "manipulation hypothesis" stems from studies showing T. gondii-infected rats have a decreased aversion to cat urine.[10] Because cats are the only hosts within which T. gondii can sexually reproduce to complete and begin its lifecycle, such behavioral manipulations are thought to be evolutionary adaptations that increase the parasite's reproductive success.[10] The rats would not shy away from areas where cats live and would also be less able to escape should a cat try to prey on them. The primary mechanisms of T. gondii–induced behavioral changes in rodents is now known to occur through epigenetic remodeling in neurons which govern the associated behaviors;[16][17] for example, it modifies epigenetic methylation to cause hypomethylation of arginine vasopressin-related genes in the medial amygdala to greatly decrease predator aversion.[16][17] Widespread histone-lysine acetylation in cortical astrocytes appears to be another epigenetic mechanism employed by T. gondii.[18][19] Differences in aversion to cat urine are observed between non-infected and infected humans and sex differences within these groups were apparent, as well.[20]

A number of studies have suggested that subtle behavioral or personality changes may occur in infected humans,[21] and infection with the parasite has recently been associated with a number of neurological disorders, particularly schizophrenia[15] and bipolar disorder.[22]A 2015 study also found cognitive deficits in adults to be associated with joint infection by both T. gondii and Helicobacter pylori in a regression model with controls for race-ethnicity and educational attainment.[23] Although a causal relationship between latent toxoplasmosis with these neurological phenomena has not yet been established,[8][15] preliminary evidence suggests that T. gondii infection can induce some of the same alterations in the human brain as those observed in mice.[24][25]

"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stefano » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:27 am

Sounder » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:58 am wrote:What about you stefano, do you think these are real idiots in action, or just the idiots of your dreams helpfully made 'tangible' by the mighty Wurlitzer?

AD cannot answer that question, I hope you can.

I don't dream about idiots, usually. That's a real idiot in action, no doubt about it. I thought it was funny and pasted it here for a laugh.
stefano

Postby Sounder » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:49 pm

That's a real idiot in action, no doubt about it. I thought it was funny and pasted it here for a laugh.

I suppose, could be, number wise there do seem to plenty of real idiots around such that they may need little pushing by agency types to produce defamatory effects. But I saw this and much as I do not care for or endorse existing Antifa methods and attitudes, I still prefer to think that someone is yanking the chains in both directions.

https://twitter.com/polnewsforever/status/875438370482159617

Antifa is now writing guides on how to imbed sharp objects inside pet treats and scatter them in areas where "fascists" walk their dogs.
Sounder

Postby stefano » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:39 am

Yes, someone is yanking the chain. 'Antifaforislam' is not a real thing, that Twitter post is from last year and the photo of the cheese with the nails in it is from 2011. Stories about people wanting to harm dogs resonate a lot, whether they're urban legends or real.
stefano

Postby American Dream » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:34 am

Definitely disloyal to White Supremacy- and their numbers are growing:

REDNECK REVOLT BUILDS ANTI-RACIST, ANTI-CAPITALIST MOVEMENT WITH WORKING CLASS WHITES

George Ciccariello-Maher is an Associate Professor of Politics and Global Studies at Drexel University, where his work often focuses on left-wing political movements. He said the “result of debating and discussing with fascists and white supremacists is that you’re legitimizing their ideas. And you’re also misunderstanding how it is that those ideas function.”

“The rational idea would be to come together as poor people to fight against the system and yet that systematically doesn’t happen,” Ciccariello-Maher said. “So when you realize white supremacy functions on an irrational level, that it is a system, a structured system of institutionalized irrationality, then you begin to realize that you can’t argue your way out of it. Then you start to realize that the only thing you can do is to fight.”

“We didn’t argue your way into white supremacy and slavery, we’re not going to argue our way out of white supremacy,” Ciccariello-Maher said

https://shadowproof.com/2017/06/20/redn ... ss-whites/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:30 am

A Powerful, Disturbing History of Residential Segregation in America

Police and demonstrators in front of the home of a black family in Levittown, Pa., Aug. 20, 1957.

By DAVID OSHINSKY
JUNE 20, 2017

THE COLOR OF LAW
A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America
By Richard Rothstein
Illustrated. 345 pp. Liveright Publishing. $27.95.

In the summer of 1950, with Americans reeling from the news of North Korea’s invasion of South Korea and Senator Joseph McCarthy’s ever expanding “Red hunt” in Washington, Time magazine ran a disarmingly cheerful cover story about the nation’s housing boom, titled: “For Sale: A New Way of Life.” Featuring the builder William Levitt, who had recently transformed some Long Island potato fields into a sprawling complex of starter homes — two bedrooms, one bath and an extension attic for $7,990 — it spoke reverentially of the development’s parks and playgrounds and many rules. “Fences are not allowed,” Time noted. “The plot of grass around each house must be cut at least once a week,” and laundry couldn’t be hung outside “on weekends and holidays.”

One rule, however, was conveniently absent from the piece. Homeowners in Levittown were forbidden to rent or sell to persons “other than members of the Caucasian race.” Asked about this so-called “racial covenant,” Levitt blamed society at large. “As a Jew, I have no room in my mind or heart for racial prejudice,” he said. “But I have come to know that if we sell one house to a Negro family, then 90 or 95 percent of our white customers will not buy into the community. This is their attitude, not ours. As a company, our position is simply this: We can solve a housing problem, or we can try to solve a racial problem, but we cannot combine the two.”

At first glance, Levittown stands as a prime example of de facto segregation, which results from private activity, as opposed to de jure segregation, which derives from government policy or law. Levitt, after all, appeared to be an independent businessman responding to the prejudices of the home buyers he hoped to attract. In truth, it wasn’t that simple. As Richard Rothstein contends in “The Color of Law,” a powerful and disturbing history of residential segregation in America, the government at all levels and in all branches abetted this injustice. “We have created a caste system in this country, with African-Americans kept exploited and geographically separate by racially explicit government policies,” he writes. “Although most of these policies are now off the books, they have never been remedied and their effects endure.”

Levittown reflected this dynamic. Popular with World War II veterans and their families, its 17,500 houses required no down payment. The federal government guaranteed low-interest bank loans for Levitt to build them, and low-interest mortgages for veterans to buy them. The government also made clear that developers receiving these incentives must sell to whites only.

It didn’t stop there. In the 1950s, following a Supreme Court decision that restricted the scope of racial covenants, an African-American veteran bought a house in a second Levitt development outside Philadelphia. A white mob formed, the house was pelted with rocks and crosses were burned on the lawn. Amazingly, the black family held out for several years before moving back to a segregated neighborhood. Rothstein sees this incident, and dozens like it, as an insidious form of de jure segregation — the failure of racially biased police and public officials to protect African-Americans from unlawful intimidation.

Continues at: https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/20/b ... ook.com%2F
American Dream

Postby Elihu » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:41 pm

Same reason I didn't suspend anyone over the recent emotional blowups: no-till gardening.

The real problem was created by the fact that I commented at all. Always a mistake.

so amusing that you would answer that as if it were an isolated complaint. in context you had about a half dozen active posters in agreement that the dream is a poser. one of them was the tenderest kind-hearted comment i've ever heard jack riddler make in concurrence. and the trifles by comparison for which other posters have been banned, lead us back to the main point of political protection. congratulations. this board is a microcosm of the msm macro. a binary monoculture: left right dem rep. i, like probably many here, long for the days of incredible contributions just riffing on a wide range of topics and possibilities, the like of which I was way out of my league to participate in. but hungry to learn and grow. so pp does what it always does: stultifies, stupefies, channels, narrows, deadens. congratulations. the wasted opportunities. but we'll never quit wondering, at what price? does he poop gold bricks? is he j well's alter ego?
But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Elihu

Postby American Dream » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:58 am

https://ara-la.tumblr.com/post/16666190 ... t-genocide

Abolishing Whiteness is not ‘Genocide’

I think it’s dangerous to use the term ‘genocide’ in a metaphorical or satirical way. The term has the power it does because of the real physical genocides committed (not just in the past but currently), mainly by people of European descent, against African peoples, indigenous peoples in the Americas and Pacific Islands; also against the Herero and the Congolese by the Germans and Belgians, against the Armenians by the Turks, against European Jewry by Hitler. Those real genocides based on land theft and slavery which laid the basis for white racial nationalism should not be diminished or insulted by referring to terminating white racial nationalism as “white genocide” even ironically.

The satirically named “white genocide” associated with the creation of “whiteness” is in fact the cultural genocide of Norwegians, Bohemians, Jews, Irish etc. committed in the process of forging “white” as a racial/national category in the US through assimilation to the white settler colony.

The white supremacists use the term 'white genocide’ to present whiteness as a threatened racial identity and to appeal for white racial unity on the basis of white fragility and the 'threat’ of race-mixing. What they are really threatened by is a loss of “white power.” Abolishing white supremacy and 'whiteness’ is a different matter entirely from genocide, and they should not be conflated in jest or in sophistry.
American Dream

Postby brekin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:06 pm

One wonders if some of the anarchistic anti-establishment "dreams of the 90's" and "Alternative" ethos (combined with of course the hopes deferred/smashed of Obama's reign) metasized into the current Trumpian state? You think about punk rock's commentary on Reagan, Bush, Thatcher, etc. but Trump is "punk rock" politics, and points out how starkly much we need the system more than he does, and oddly shows how unconservative he is.

I remember Goad's influence at the time, even surprisingly on people you'd assume didn't truck in what would be called identity politics. I think it was something with challenging the status quo that appealed to many - and of course especially to those who believe the system is completely corrupt.

Two Decades After Author Jim Goad Fell From Grace In Portland, He’s Re-emerged As an Icon of the Alt-Right
Portlanders often view the alt-right that elected Trump as a phenomenon foreign to our city. But the “bible” of the Proud Boys was written right here.

http://www.wweek.com/arts/books/2017/10 ... alt-right/

Willamette Week

Two Decades After Author Jim Goad Fell From Grace In Portland, He’s Re-emerged As an Icon of the Alt-Right
Portlanders often view the alt-right that elected Trump as a phenomenon foreign to our city. But the “bible” of the Proud Boys was written right here. (Dannhy Liao)
By Matthew Korfhage | Published October 17 at 4:57 PM Updated October 18 at 2:18 PM
Content warning: This story contains graphic descriptions of domestic abuse and racial slurs by the story's subject.

Twenty years ago, Jim Goad was Portland's hottest new writer.

When he gave a reading of his first book in May 1997, fans spilled onto the sidewalks outside Reading Frenzy, the downtown counterculture bookshop owned by now City Commissioner Chloe Eudaly. They were there to get a look at the 35-year-old author with a rockabilly bouffant and a heart tattooed on his sculpted biceps.

"There were people out the door, peering in the windows," he now remembers.

Goad was then a breakout name in Portland, where he lived for 11 years. The Temple University graduate arrived here with a bit of notoriety as the creator of a crass zine called Answer Me! that printed "ironic" essays in favor of rape and abusing women. In Portland, he wrote his first and most infamous book, The Redneck Manifesto, which earned him a $100,000 book deal from Simon & Schuster.

4351_Lede-Story_The-White-Stuff_Jim Goad_BookEarly reviews of Redneck—which opened with a chapter called “White Niggers Have Feelings Too” and uses the N-word a total of 76 times—were mostly positive. Florida’s Sun-Sentinel called it a “furious, profane, smart and hilariously smart aleck defense of working-class white culture,” while Publishers Weekly said he was “writing at the top of his voice” and “merits a listen.” Kirkus Reviews wrote that while Redneck was “sure to infuriate the liberal reader, he is also likely to make that same reader laugh ruefully, and often.” WW praised the book’s “brutally candid critique of American race relations.”

(From WW’s June 4, 1997 Edition)
(From WW’s June 4, 1997 Edition)
That book was the closest Goad got to mainstream success.

Twenty years later, Goad has become instead a leading figure in far-right fringe media. Best-selling author Michael Malice called him "godfather of the new right."

In 2016, Gavin McInnes, a co-founder of Vice Media who later founded the Proud Boys—a far-right men's organization whose members dress in MAGA hats and Fred Perry polos—called Goad "the greatest writer of our generation." McInnes lists The Redneck Manifesto as one of three "required" books on modern Western culture, alongside Pat Buchanan's The Death of the West and Coming Apart: The State of White America, 1960-2010 by Charles Murray.

"This is Proud Boy Holy scripture," reads a review of Goad's book on the Proud Boys' website. "This book could be our bible."

Goad's popularity during the Trump era has seen a resurgence. Goad says his former publisher doesn't give him figures, but The Redneck Manifesto's sales are accelerating. It's been through 17 printings, and its Amazon sales rank shot up 200,000 places between 2012 and 2017. It's currently the No. 30 top-selling book in "minority studies."

"People see that Trump got elected, and they want to know how this monster came to power," says Goad. "They come to me for the etiology of the disease."

Portlanders often view the alt-right that elected Trump as a phenomenon foreign to our city. But the "bible" of the Proud Boys was written right here. If you want to know where the angry white men of the alt-right came from, it's important to try to comprehend Jim Goad.

Jim Goad’s Iron Cross necklace earned him confrontations with Portland anti-racist activists (Danny Liao).
Jim Goad’s Iron Cross necklace earned him confrontations with Portland anti-racist activists (Danny Liao).
Goad, now 56, is divorced and living with a pit-bull mix named Bam-Bam in a rented room on the outskirts of Atlanta. He publishes a weekly column on Taki's, a right-wing blog, and writes dirty short stories for Thought Catalog. He also records a podcast—recent episodes include an interview with the editor of neo-Nazi website the Daily Stormer and Goad's rant about how the left "destroyed comedy." Though he is still writing books—his latest, The New Church Ladies: The Extremely Uptight World of "Social Justice", was published in February—he hasn't given a public reading in five years. After surgeries to remove both a benign tumor and his gallbladder, he has taken up yoga and a Paleo diet. His rockabilly hair has given way to a bald head and muted button-down shirts.

When pressed, Goad dodges all political labels and party affiliations, saying he's a "lone wolf." He claims not to consider himself part of the alt-right, though he did stump for Trump.

Jim Goad on his Twitter page.
Jim Goad on his Twitter page.
"Those guys don't like me because I'm not a team guy. I don't identify as right wing. They're wired that way, it's a team movement," he says. "I'm radioactive in ways, I'm beyond the pale."

That's not how established figures on the right see it. Michael Hoffman, a writer of anti-Semitic histories, praised Goad's ability to bring his revisionist history of "white slavery" to a wider audience.

"Redneck Manifesto is one of the first major breakthroughs for drawing attention to the suppressed history of the bondage of whites in early America," Hoffman tells WW.

In the new right's media universe, Goad is ubiquitous. He's been praised by nearly every major far-right website, from white nationalist Richard Spencer's AltRight.com to anti-Semitic white-identity blog the Occidental Observer to anti-immigration site VDARE.

VDARE founder Peter Brimelow, a former National Review writer whose book Alien Nation argues that America should stay as white as possible, had lunch with Goad not long ago.

"[He's] one of the brightest and bravest voices to emerge on the politically incorrect right," Brimelow tells WW. "His style is far too wild for the conventional pearl-clutching [Republican] types, and he's really too idiosyncratic to be part of any movement, but he will regularly make great and important arguments."

Jared Taylor, editor of white supremacist website American Renaissance, tells WW that Goad is "an excellent writer who treats taboo subjects creatively, incisively and with a sense of humor. He is always worth reading."

Goad, for his part, says people who call him racist are trying to hang him with "guilt by association," complaining that racism has become a catchphrase for "any white person who's OK with being white."

But along with insisting repeatedly that people labeled Holocaust deniers are just "quibbling over numbers" and white supremacists are mythical, Goad cites studies that say "whites are supreme in IQ tests by far" to blacks and Hispanics.

"Although I hold Mexicans in the highest esteem as a proud and noble (if exceedingly short) people, they tend to score poorly on standardized tests and have never invented much of note beyond nachos," he wrote in his column, in response to this year's controversy over Portland's Kooks Burritos, which shut down after its American owners were accused of culturally appropriating their tortilla recipe from Mexico.

Yet Goad has not been totally shunned by the mainstream.

He remains friendly with comedian Patton Oswalt, who opted to debate the election with Goad on a podcast last November. Oswalt defended his decision with effusive praise of Goad.

"The man can fucking write," Oswalt wrote on Facebook. "And, unlike a lot of the failed comedians and sad punks on the alt-right, he isn't in it for the 'lulz' and doesn't affect a bullshit nihilist pose."

But if Oswalt is still willing to consider Goad a worthy debate partner, he's poison to most who knew him in Portland. Attempted interviews with Goad's friends and former publisher here were stopped at the mention of his name.

That's not just because of Goad's current politics, but because of what happened here after the publication of The Redneck Manifesto.

At 5:45 am on May 29, 1998, almost exactly one year after Redneck was published, Goad left his girlfriend Sky Ryan bleeding on the side of Northwest Skyline Boulevard. When police found her, Ryan's left eye was swollen shut, the eye socket had been fractured, and her thumb had been bitten deep into the flesh. It took 26 stitches to put her face back together, and three days for her eye to stop bleeding.

When police came for him, Goad's defense was that she had hit him first.

"She bops me in the nose," he says now. "Yeah, I beat the fuck out of her."

The couple had a long history of violence, and so did Goad. Previously, he'd admitted publicly to hitting his wife, Debbie. He had also filed for a restraining order against Ryan after a series of threats.

He remains unrepentant. "I know I'm supposed to say I was bad, but that's not how I feel," he says now. "That's why I'm so hated. People resent it when somebody has a little spine."

Goad’s controversial Answer Me! zine.
Goad’s controversial Answer Me! zine.
Four years before the abuse, he had written an essay, "Let's Hear It for Violence Toward Women!", which began, "Women are only good for fucking and beating. When you get tired of fucking them, there's only one thing left to do."

To prosecutors, this was evidence.

"Portland writer Jim Goad has long been accused of glorifying violence against women," WW's Maureen O'Hagan wrote at the time. "Now he's been charged with practicing it, as well."

(WW’s June 17, 1998 Edition)
(WW’s June 17, 1998 Edition)
The thing that saved Goad from a 15-year sentence was his habit of saving phone recordings, tapes in which Ryan threatened Goad that she would "stab you a million times" and "cut you up into a million pieces."

Goad was allowed to cop a plea, and served two and a half years.

While in prison, Goad says his worldview sharpened. He's since spoken of both how arduous the experience was and admiringly about how prisons function as an ideal society.

"In prison, people get along better than they do on the streets," he wrote on his personal website. "Convicts display the sort of camaraderie that only emerges under siege. They are polite to one another because they know the consequences of being rude. It's as if everyone's carrying a gun, so no one gets shot."

Goad came to believe segregation of racial groups in prison showed tribalism was natural. Though The Redneck Manifesto argued for class unity against the rich, Goad now says equality of races is a myth and that racial separation is the natural order.

"Everyone understood that they were tribal, and as long that was cool, everyone gets along," he said on a recent podcast describing his prison time. "Plus, Oregon was overwhelmingly white, so if you fucked with peckerwood you'd have an ocean of sunshine drowning you. If it was ambiguous who was in charge, that's when you got conflict. If there's one group completely in charge, things seemed to cool out."

The other thing that Goad decided while incarcerated? That his own suffering in jail far outweighed that of his victim. In his memoir Shit Magnet, Goad writes that he had no sympathy at all for Ryan: After all, he'd been assaulted, too.

"Incarceration," he writes, "is much worse."

When Goad got out of prison in late 2000, he was treated like a leper. Almost no one wanted to talk to him, he says, except Frank Faillace, owner of Dante's on West Burnside Street.

"Frank got a job, created a job for me when I got out of prison," says Goad.

He began by designing strip-club magazine Exotic, where he was later promoted to editor.

The book he wrote in prison, Shit Magnet, was devoted to Goad's toxic relationship with girlfriend Ryan while his wife was dying of ovarian cancer. It was published in 2002 by then-Portland-based Feral House after being rejected by every major publisher in New York, according to a 1999 piece in The Village Voice. That piece noted that Goad was "something of a local pariah" and called Shit Magnet "part autobiography, part self-justification, part screed."

Only eight people came to the June 2002 reading of Shit Magnet at bookstore CounterMedia, one of whom was Fight Club author Chuck Palahniuk, who has his own sphere of influence within the alt-right (see The Far Right's Strange Obsession with Portland Author Chuck Palahniuk).

"He doesn't pull his punches. Brutally honest without worrying about being correct," Palahniuk told the Portland Tribune when interviewed at the reading.

Palahniuk, Faillace and Eudaly are the only Portlanders Goad speaks warmly about.

"We used to go to pug play day in Irving park—he had Boston terriers," Goad says of Palahniuk.

Faillace still describes Goad as a friend and "fucking brilliant writer," but says they "respectfully disagree on a lot of things" and that the two haven't corresponded in a decade.

In an email to WW, Eudaly says her store had a policy at the time of accepting all books from local authors or publishers, without regard to content. But she says if she were running a bookstore now, she wouldn't host a reading by Goad.

"There's no way in hell I would host any author that would draw a crowd of the kind of creeps and fools that populate the alt-right," she writes. "It isn't something I'd subject my staff, my customers, my community, or myself to. That's not censorship, it's personal choice."

In the years following his domestic abuse conviction, Goad complained about the increasingly "cold reception" he got from most of the writing community in Portland. "Where I come from, tolerating ideas is probably the most precious kind of tolerance," he says. "But not in Portland."

Goad says he was "silenced" here. Specifically, starting in 2004, his decision to wear an Iron Cross necklace caused him to be confronted by an anti-racist skinhead group called the Rose City Bovver Boys.

In 2005, a friend suggested Goad leave Portland to write a book about NASCAR. He was ready to go. Goad never finished the NASCAR book but landed in Georgia, working as a copy editor and making pamphlets for a medical company. He went two years without a single paid writing gig.

Goad might have faded into obscurity were it not for Gavin McInnes, a longtime admirer. McInnes, recently departed from Vice Media, brought Goad aboard as a writer for a then-obscure website called Taki's.

Goad wasn't sure they'd have him. He confessed his criminal record and that he'd been to prison. It wasn't a problem.

"That's OK," said his new editor. "We've all been to jail here."

Proud Boys at a June 4 alt-right “free speech” rally in Portland (William Gagan).
Proud Boys at a June 4 alt-right “free speech” rally in Portland (William Gagan).

Though the alt-right may have started as a fringe movement, it's now seized a level of prominence unthinkable a few years ago—or at least unthinkable to most Portlanders.

Goad says he's not surprised to see the rise of Trump.

"I think the left really overplayed its hand with identity politics," he says.

In a post titled "Smells Like Victory," penned Sept. 16, 2016, Goad predicted Trump would win the election on the backs of "a huge brooding swath of Americans out there who know that the media despises their very existence."

"A Trump victory would be a deathblow to the media and political establishment," he wrote. "That's a good thing. A Trump victory would also lead to massive collective depression and rampant suicidal ideation in all the people that I genuinely hate."

As a political stance, this is hardly better than utter nihilism. But 20 years after it was written, The Redneck Manifesto is an eerie harbinger of the seething white resentment that now fuels a part of the American right.

"Working-class whites are denied any identity beyond a guilt rap," Goad wrote in 1997. "So don't act surprised when they form an identity merely on being hated and scapegoated. As opportunities for unskilled labor vanish, white trash is likely to get nasty. And politicized in ways that make you squirm."

But according to many on the left and center of the political spectrum, Goad's not just chronicling that resentment: He's amplifying it.

"Goad incites fear, and fear, of course, is a primary driver of hate," says former Portlander Joshua Frank, who co-edits left-wing magazine CounterPunch. "Goad's convoluted ideas about race pose a real danger because his own followers, like so many on the alt-right, will tell you they aren't racists when their actions would clearly tell you otherwise."

In the past, Goad's works have triggered fringe types, conspiracy theorists, and the simply unhinged.

In 1994, Francisco Duran fired 29 rifle shots at the White House, leaving an issue of Goad's zine and a hand-scrawled quote from Goad in his van: "Can you imagine a higher moral calling than to destroy some one's dreams with one bullet…." Duran was eventually convicted of attempting to assassinate President Bill Clinton.

Two years later, three teenage British neo-Nazis killed themselves after reading Goad's essay about suicide; one left Goad her life savings so he could continue his work.

(From WW”s March 6, 1996 Edition)
(From WW”s March 6, 1996 Edition)
And the Charlottesville rally, where Heather Heyer was killed and hundreds of men marched to the chant "Jews will not replace us," was organized by a onetime member of the Proud Boys, founded by one of Goad's chief admirers, Gavin McInnes. (McInnes did not respond to requests for comment.)

Goad's inflammatory writing is rightly protected by the First Amendment. But Goad refuses all moral culpability for what others do with his books.

"There are a lot of strangled hookers because of a misreading of a passage on the Whore of Babylon," Goad says. "Blame ends with the actor. If I tell somebody to go kill somebody and they're dumb enough to do it, I think they should go to prison, not me."

Goad is unmoved by claims that his writing—or that of other writers on the radical-right fringe—might share some blame for inciting the violence in Charlottesville and on the streets of Portland. He blames instead the leftist counterprotesters who he says are trying to shut down free speech.

"Goad, [and] so many on the alt-right, proclaim to be champions of free speech but sure as hell hate it when their marches are met with overwhelming resistance," says Frank. "Does Goad have a right to speak his idiotic mind in a public space? Of course he does, but we also have a right to challenge him and drown out his fearmongering.
[/quote]
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby norton ash » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:30 pm

^^^ Maybe Goad should apply for one of them juicy Mercer 'punk-ass genius' grants.

ARE THE MERCERS BEING TAKEN FOR A RIDE BY THEIR FAVORITE HATE-MONGERING BOY TOY?
That’s what some former allies—who’d like some of that money—are saying. “I don’t know what’s going to break the Mercers, to wake them up,” said one who’s worked with Milo Yiannopoulos in the past. “But I can guarantee you, that money is not being used efficiently. It’s basically party money.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10 ... gyMzYxNwS2
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby American Dream » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:09 pm

Bre Faucheux: It’s ‘Degrading’ To Say Anyone Can Be An American Regardless Of Race

In the first episode of Alt Right 101, Bre Faucheux discussed white identity with racist political activist Mark Collett.

CONTINUE READING
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:58 pm

HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT: AN AMERICAN RENAISSANCE OF WHITE NATIONALISM

From July 28-30, nearly 300 White men in suits and ties—and a smattering of women—attended a sold-out American Renaissance conference, business consultant Jared Taylor’s annual spectacle of “gentlemanly,” “decorous” White supremacy.

Many of the same individuals and organizations who showed up at “AmRen” would also turn out for the violent, openly Nazi-signaling march in Charlottesville two weeks later. But at this confab, intended to attract White people just beginning to dabble in White nationalism, they hid their ideology behind the benign-sounding language of “White advocacy” and “race realism.”

“Race realism” is vitally important to understanding White nationalists’ attempts to recruit beyond their base, based on two supposedly scientific “realistic facts.” First, that White people surpass people of color in intelligence, as “proven” by racially-biased IQ tests, and second, that criminal justice statistics prove people of color’s supposed criminality. A third gambit is that history proves “increasing hatred and violence”1 when different races live together. With these pseudoscientific claims, White nationalists strive to recruit White people resistant to explicit slurs.

AmRen, one of only two U.S. White-supremacist conferences open to the press, does all it can to project an image palatable to the unconverted, who might be turned off by people wearing Nazi regalia, issuing openly antisemitic rants, or flaunting weapons or racist skinhead tattoos.

Instead, attendees are told, “gentlemen will wear jackets and ties—equivalent dress for ladies,” a dress code that Taylor told me was instituted because it “encourages a certain deportment and demeanor” that bespeaks “civilization.” The dress code, Taylor’s theatrically stern request that attendees not scuffle with protesters,2 conference organizers’ politeness with media, and AmRen’s unspoken ban on antisemitic talk were all intended to make the event seem legitimate and respectable, a worthy entrant into mainstream political discourse.

ASPIRATIONAL SUPREMACY
But an additional purpose of all this3 is to make the gathering seem patrician. It’s no accident that Taylor uses his Yale alumni email address for American Renaissance communications; that conference-goers talk rapturously about the annual after-party hosted by wealthy Klan lawyer Sam Dickson at an onsite bungalow conference-goers call the “villa”; or that Taylor is one of the Alt Rightists most fiercely opposed to discussing economic inequality. (In a 2014 speech, Taylor called income inequality a “phony debate,” and falsely implied that Whites are little represented among the poor.4 This in contrast with other White nationalist leaders, including AmRen attendees Richard Spencer and Greg Johnson, who express anger about exponentially rising income inequality but blame it on “the Jews.”)

Taylor takes the aristocratic aura of his 27-year-old organization very seriously. When I asked him what demands he thought White nationalists should make of the government, he demurred: “Demands are not gentlemanly.”

AmRen’s aspirational sensibility highlights the semblance—not the fact—of ruling-class membership.

Yet there is no actual evidence that AmRen attendees have higher incomes than other White people as a group. The most important reason for the AmRen dress code is the semblance—not the fact—of ruling-class membership. Speakers and attendees at the conference kept pointing out the visual difference between themselves and the protesters outside.

“We have the best people,” attendee @Manly_Task noted triumphantly on Twitter, posting a photo of seated conference-goers in business clothes and conservative haircuts. Another Alt Rightist tweeted back, “Imagine being a normie and seeing some weird, poorly dressed youths harassing a group of well-dressed white men. Wonderful optics at #AmRen.”

Continues at: http://www.politicalresearch.org/2017/1 ... ionalism/#
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:32 pm

Nazi Germany’s US Racial Model: Translocal Whitness

As noted by historian Norman Rich,
…the United States policy of westward expansion, in the course of which the white man ruthlessly thrust aside the ‘inferior’ indigenous population, served as a model for Hitler’s entire concept of Lebensraum [living space].

Here we can begin to see that these white racially framed conceptions of space and race, first developed by elite white American men, served as a model for the Nazi regime’s decimation of the Slavic people on the eastern front. In fact, as early as 1928, Adolf Hitler was giving public speeches in which he spoke admirably about the way (white) Americans had
gunned down the millions of Redskins to a few hundred thousand, and now keep the modest remnant under observation in a cage.

Furthermore, Hitler regularly made private comments that were similar. For example, he predicted that “Here in the east, a similar process will repeat itself for a second time as in the conquest of America.” These quotes from Hitler himself, which were also regularly repeated by the Nazi elite—particularly on the eastern front—show the vast influence this white racially framed ideology of manifest destiny had on the Nazi elite and the immense degree with which they were consumed with these white racially framed narratives that began in the U.S. and easily took hold in Nazi Germany. In addition, in these quotes Hitler regularly referred to white Americans as “Nordics”—highlighting his (and many other elite Nazis’) view of Americans translocal whites, even when varying terminologies, such as Nordic or Volk, were used.

Read more: http://www.racismreview.com/blog/2017/1 ... -whitness/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:55 pm

Why the far right believes a US civil war will start on Saturday

Last, but by no means least, the rumor was picked up and amplified by Alex Jones, the radio star with an audience of millions. As Sunshine explains, Jones “is a kind of meta-conspiracy theorist now” who “harvests other people’s theories” and repackages them to fit his narratives and his audience.

Once Jones had mentioned it, Sunshine explains, the rumor mill exploded: “Once Jones says something, even more people pick up on it and put their own spin on it.” Jones’s website was still running the story on Wednesday morning.

An absurd turn
In recent days, the story took an absurd turn, and had its closest brush with more mainstream conservative media, when Gateway Pundit, a longtime conservative blog that has recently expanded into news coverage, published a story by its White House correspondent, Lucian Wintrich, claiming that an “antifa leader” had promised to “behead white parents” on 4 November.

The tweet the story was based on, however, was a joke from an account that had no apparent ties to any antifa groups.

In a telephone interview, Wintrich conceded that the tweet his reporting was based on was not serious, and that it was unlikely that there would be a revolution on Saturday. But he did not back away from the story, presenting it as a critique of leftist rhetoric.

“The radical left is always making jokes about killing white people. What would happen if I made a joke about killing all black parents? That would be a national headline.

“If it’s appropriate for them to demonize [conservatives] over quite innocent jokes, why would we just roll over when they make inappropriate jokes? What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.”

The piece included a detailed account of antifa ideology, which included the claim that the activists “are larpers (‘live action role-play’) attempting to find someone/thing to sexually interact with”.

When asked what sources he drew on in reporting on their ideology, Wintrich said: “I did go to school at Bard College. I received my education around people who I’m sure are on terrorist watchlists as socialist or communist extremists.”

As Sunshine says, Refuse Fascism activists have been supportive of antifa groups in the past, and often show up to the same demonstrations, but there is “no formal connection” between them and antifa. They are also small, he says, and their protest is explicitly nonviolent and specifically directed against the administration, not rightwing activists or police.

Mark Bray, historian and author of Antifa: The Antifascist Handbook, agrees. “Prior to 2017, the far right didn’t really know what antifa was,” he says, adding that the focus on these groups has a number of causes. It is an extension of the demonization of anarchists in general, but it is also a way to smear mainstream liberals who have no links to antifascist groups.

And to some extent, this particular panic has succeeded in energizing a particular slice of the right. As Sunshine puts it: “It motivates the base, it’s part of the apocalyptic narrative they use – there’s always a dangerous event just over the horizon.” Also, he says: “It’s a call for vigilante activity. There are currently tons of threats against leftwing activists.”

And unless there is a confrontation as a result of rightwing counter-protesters turning out to shut down the “revolution”, it’s all likely to come to nothing.

“There is no revolution or civil war planned for 4 November,” says Bray. “You can quote me on that.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... civil-war/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:21 pm

White Men Reeling: #BlackStormtrooper and the White Racial Frame

“#BoycottStarWarsVII because I am sick of muds being casted in white parts,” wrote #StopAppropriatingWhiteCulture. For this particular Twitter user—who identified “as a neoreactionary … with the Pro-Trump white supremacist ‘alternative right,’” and who earlier had tweeted that he hoped Trump would turn out to be a fascist —- Star Wars “belongs” entirely to whites. In response, a pop culture critic sort of agreed, writing:

[W]hen George Lucas made Episode IV: A New Hope in 1977, 99 percent of his cast was either Caucasian, or extraterrestrial aliens covered in prosthetics. “George, is everybody in outer space white?” John Landis says he asked Lucas after watching the first Star Wars. An emphasis on diversity increased as the sequels went on—Billy Dee Williams showed up in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, earning instant legend status.

The whitelash against Boyega’s casting also included important elements that Joe Feagin outlines in his white racial frame, including: racial stereotypes and prejudices; racial narratives and interpretations; racial images and preferred language accents; racialized emotions; and inclinations to discriminatory action. The broad framing also included an especially positive placement of whites as superior and virtuous (Feagin’s pro-white subframe) and an especially negative placement of racialized people as inferior and unvirtuous (Feagin’s anti-others subframes). Tweets included the following:

“Anti-racist is a code word for anti-White. #BoycottStarWarsVII #WhiteGenocide.”

“#BoycottStarWarsVII because it will be ghetto garbage.”

“#BoycottStarWarsVII – I know the trailer is short, but it’s pretty unrealistic that we don’t see the black guy committing murder or rape.”

““Diverse” casting is both a symptom of #WhiteGenocide, and a conditioning tool to help facilitate it. #BoycottStarWarsVII.”

http://www.racismreview.com/blog/2017/1 ... ial-frame/
American Dream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion