Don't send in the clowns

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Col. Quisp » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:00 pm

How ironic that a clown lives to see a little child smile --yet a clown strikes terror in a child's heart and scars the kid forever.

This is the clown we had to deal with on our local TV station:

(I didn't label the photo so it's not my brother in the photo)

He did a 'Sands of the Desert" Trick that was really freaky because I believe that one grain of sand will cut a clown's vein and he will bleed dirty dishwater.

He had a couple of puppets - Hunny Bunny and J. Fred Frog -- who would "help" him with his tricks. "One....two...three....PRET-TOE!" J. Fred Frog would croak. His wife was the voice of Hunny Bunny.
Col. Quisp

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Col. Quisp » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:53 pm

OMG - a Clowns of America conference starts today in my fair city:

http://www.inkyclowns.com/schedule.html

I wanna go take pictures, esp. of the Clown Worship Service on Sunday.
Col. Quisp

Postby Perelandra » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:58 pm

Do it and report back.
Perelandra

Postby beeline » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Perelandra wrote:Do it and report back.

PLEASE!

BTW the names of the classes at that convention are pretty funny.

Run for the Noses--ugh, bad puns...
beeline

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:02 pm

I'd love to see those pics Quisp. Would like to see this too..

CIRXUS

25th May - 13th June 2009
Starting time:

8.30pm & 9.15pm
STUDIO K

Written and directed by John Harrigan

1957- Seascale, the North of England. Cirxus is an old English circus lost in the shadows of the smoke stacks of Calder Hall, the world's first commercial nuclear power station. FoolishPeople will use mythology, shamanism, music and dance to bring the darkness of an atomic circus to life. The performance will allow audience members to step into the world of an old English circus lost in the 1950s, explore its sideshows and meet extraordinary characters from the past and future.

Athalia the ballerina waits in the ring for Loudon the Clown to return with directions to the Black Pool, the mythic site of the Home Sweet Home, the final show of the season. Join her as she begins a bizarre and wondrous search for Loudon through the irradiated secrets of Cirxus, where she must face the macabre atomic menagerie, haunted by circus animals and navigate her way through the maze of strange, hallucinogenic sideshows on the other side of time.

Immerse yourself in the world of Cirxus, where theatric arcana and Atomic fallout irradiate the sawdust arenas of our inner worlds.

Presented by FoolishPeople
Written and Directed by John Harrigan

Cirxus is based on fact: the German Bremen University confirmed that radioactive contamination by Americium-241 found in some soil samples taken by Greenpeace 11.5 km south of Sellafield, were 400 times higher than those taken 11 km from Chernobyl. 51 years on, the villagers of Seascale still live with the ramifications of the accident at Pile 1 of the Windscale Works Atomic Energy Factory.
Seamus OBlimey

sole-less officials acause big pair of shoes to fill

Postby pepsified thinker » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:43 pm

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Clown_banned_from_wearing_giant_shoes&in_article_id=630690&in_page_id=34

Clown banned from wearing giant shoes
Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tears of a clown: Valerik Kashkin has been told he must now perform without his size 18 shoes
Enlarge
A clown has been told he cannot wear his giant comedy shoes during his act because they breach health and safety rules.
Valerik Kashkin broke a toe after falling from a high-wire and has been told his size 18s were to blame.

His bosses have now banned the clown – whose routine also includes playing a drum kit, trumpet and double bass at the same time – from using the outsize footwear and ordered him to perform barefoot, instead.

"we must cultivate our garden"
--Voltaire
pepsified thinker

Postby foistlastus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:11 pm

foistlastus

circusly yours.....

Postby IanEye » Fri May 01, 2009 9:25 am

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby brainpanhandler » Fri May 01, 2009 10:52 am

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby 8bitagent » Fri May 01, 2009 4:20 pm

Wasn't there a recent "killer clowns trying to abduct kids in vans" flap in Illinois not too long ago?

Again, I have to say Jeff's Phantoms and Finders blog story had to be one of the freakiest things I ever read on here.

Doot doot do doot do do doot doo doot!
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby compared2what? » Mon May 04, 2009 4:11 am

Also, a video that's actually kind of scary.

So WARNING: May be clourophobia triggers at upcoming link: A Song and Comedy Hit, featuring The Cabin Kids and Toto the Clown
compared2what?

Postby IanEye » Wed May 06, 2009 7:12 am

IanEye

Postby IanEye » Wed May 06, 2009 7:18 am

IanEye

Re: Don't send in the clowns

Postby chiggerbit » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:46 am

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/821591-evi ... n-the-face

Evil Clown hired for stalking, threats and a pie in the face
An 'evil' clown who stalks and threatens kids is being hired by parents as a birthday treat.

Dominic Deville’s Evil Clown strikes when boys or girls least expect it

Dominic Deville stalks young victims for a week, sending chilling texts, making prank phone calls and setting traps in letterboxes.

He posts notes warning children they are being watched, telling them they will be attacked.

But Deville is not an escaped lunatic or some demonic monster.

He is a birthday treat, hired by mum and dad, and the ‘attack’ involves being splatted in the face with a cake.

‘The child feels more and more that it is being pursued,’ said Deville.

‘The clown’s one and only aim is to smash a cake into the face of his victim, when they least expect it, during the course of seven days.’

If the boy or girl manages to avoid the ‘hit’, they are given the cake as a birthday present. Well, that’s alright then.

The frightening fun can be stopped at any time, which is handy for parents who have second thoughts and don’t fancy the cost of child therapy.

Deville said: ‘The clown will never break into a residence or show up at work. ‘It’s all in fun and if, at any point, the kids get scared or their parents are concerned, we stop right there.

‘But most kids absolutely love being scared senseless.’

Deville set up his Evil Clown service in Lucerne, Switzerland, after being inspired by some of his favourite horror films – possibly including Stephen King’s It and Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

The idea is unlikely to be popular with sufferers of coulrophobia – the irrational (irrational?) fear of clowns.

But Stephen Vaughan of Clowns International, said scary clowns could be as funny as their red-nosed counterparts. ‘I think what Dominic is doing is a great idea,’ he added.

‘Bringing a little bit of life and laughter into kids’ lives is what we are all about.’
chiggerbit

Re: Don't send in the clowns

Postby Simulist » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:09 pm

Obviously I don't get the "humor," because this seems pretty fucking sick to me.

Are these parents lunatics?
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion