Questioning Consciousness

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Questioning Consciousness

Postby brekin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:07 pm

BenDhyan wrote:
Iamwhomiam » Fri May 26, 2017 1:04 pm wrote:
Yes, to suggest that universal existence could arise from non-existence is, imho, just not credible.

And yet, it is fact. Photon pair production
Since all known massless particles are bosons and the most familiar massive particles are fermions, usually what is considered is the process which converts two bosons (e.g. photons) into two fermions (e.g., an electron–positron pair). This process is known as pair production.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matter_creation

Nothing comes from nothing Iam, nowhere is it saying that something comes from nothing. If you think otherwise, please point out the precise part of that quote that implies it?.

Axiom 1: You can't get nothing from nothing, except nothing

For: Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin'
You gotta have somethin' if you want to be with me
Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin'
You gotta have somethin' if you want to be with me

Axiom 2: All is space-time-matter, but one can still be in the right place at the wrong time.

For: I been in the right place, but it must have been the wrong time
I'd have said the right thing, but I must have used the wrong line
I been in the right trip, but I must have used the wrong car
My head was in a bad place and I'm wondering what it's good for
I been the right place, but it must have been the wrong time
My head was in a bad place, but I'm having such a good time

I been running trying to get hung up in my mind (oooh)
Got to give myself a good talking-to this time
Just need a little brain salad surgery (oooh)
Got to cure this insecurity

Axiom 3: Starting from nothing from nothing, we are still stuck in the middle

For: Well, you started off with nothing, And you're proud that you're a self-made man
And your friends they all come crawling,Slap you on the back and say,Please, please

Trying to make some sense of it all,But I can see it makes no sense at all Is it cool to go to sleep on the floor?
'Cause I don't think that I can take anymore Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Axiom 4: Mama was right

What's all these crazy questions they askin' me
This is the craziest party there could ever be
Don't turn on the lights, 'cause I don't want to see

Mama told me not to come, oh lord
Mama told me not to come
She said, That ain't the way to have fun

Axiom 5: Everybody's runnin' and no one makes a move

For: Everybody's talking and no one says a word
Everybody's making love and no one really cares
There's Nazis in the bathroom just below the stairs
Always something happening and nothing going on
There's always something happening cooking and nothing in the pot
They're starving back in China so finish what you got
They're starving back in China so finish what you got
Nobody told me there'd be days like these
Strange days indeed
strange days indeed
Everybody's runnin' and no one makes a move

Axiom 6: Since nobody knows, when in doubt, love

For: What I feel, I can't say
But my love is there for you, any time of day
But if it's not love that you need
Then I'll try my best to make everything succeed
Tell me, what is my life without your love
Tell me, who am I without you, by my side?
What I know, I can do
If I give my love now to everyone like you
But if it's not love that you need
Then I'll try my best to make everything succeed
Tell me, who am I without you, by my side
Tell me, who am I without you, by my side?

Axiom 7: Bad physics, false beliefs, can still bring positive results

For:
BRAND
Yes. And that makes me want to
follow my heart. But maybe we’ve
spent too long trying to figure all
this with theory -

COOPER
You’re a scientist, Brand -

BRAND
I am. So listen to me when I tell
you that love isn’t something we
invented - it’s observable,
powerful. Why shouldn’t it mean
something?

COOPER
It means social utility - child
rearing, social bonding -

BRAND
We love people who’ve died ...
where’s the social utility in that?
Maybe it means more - something we
can’t understand, yet. Maybe it’s
some evidence, some artifact of
higher dimensions that we can’t
consciously perceive. I’m drawn
across the universe to someone I
haven’t seen for a decade, who I
know is probably dead. Love is the
one thing we’re capable of
perceiving that transcends
dimensions of time and space. Maybe
we should trust that, even if we
can’t yet understand it.

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Grizzly » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:06 pm

Then, one day, after World War I had begun, Ouspensky saw a truck loaded with artificial legs, headed toward the front. Educated as a mathematician and trained in statistics, Ouspensky remembered that—just as it is possible to calculate how many persons will die of heart attacks in a given year, by probability theory—it is possible to calculate how many legs will be blown off in a battle.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby DrEvil » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:49 pm

smoking since 1879 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:49 pm wrote:
DrEvil » Thu May 25, 2017 10:16 pm wrote:
BenDhyan » Mon May 22, 2017 12:50 pm wrote:^^ Thanks Elvis....from the article, these are a couple of my favorite questions...."It also fails to answer other puzzling questions: what was there before the Big Bang? Why does the universe seem exquisitely designed for the emergence of life? Why is there something instead of nothing?"

Clearly logically, something can not come from nothing, but some people, including some scientists, believe it possible. Anyone disagree, feel free to explain?

I'll give it a go. The Big Bang created spacetime, so the question of before is meaningless. Time didn't exist (in our universe) until the Big Bang.

Fine tuning: Depends on your view of reality. If you subscribe to the multiverse it makes perfect sense, we're in the universe that supports our kind of life while there's countless other universes that don't.

Even without the multiverse you have the anthropic principle. The simplified version is something like:
If this universe didn't support our kind of life we wouldn't be here to ask the question in the first place.

It appears fine tuned to our existence, while in reality we are fine tuned to be able to exist in this universe because our type of life is what's possible with current laws of physics.

Something from nothing: I know I've seen the physics arguments for it somewhere but off hand I can't remember them so I'll skip that bit. Probably something something infinite (infinity of some kind is the only thing that makes sense to me (not counting things human brains are physically incapable of comprehending), otherwise you just get an endless (infinite, hah!) Matryoshka doll of "but what's outside the universe, and what's outside that..").
The simplest answer would be "everything has always been".

spacetime ... time is not a dimension, things change and we notice, we call that time
big bang ... it's only a theory, Lemaître still needs his cosmic egg.
multiverse ... massive cop out - explains anything, everything and nothing

just sayin :wink:

..snippetysnip..

Time is a dimension, but we can only move in one direction (something something entropy/thermodynamics). Time and space are aspects of the same thing and are closely intertwined.
See for instance time dilation.

I think maybe Kant was on to something with his "the thing itself". Reality as we perceive it is not reality as it is. Our brains are too limited to see the real thing. Us understanding the universe is as likely as one of the squares in Conway's Game of Life understanding human society (OK, it is theoretically possible as people have actually made patterns that function just like the logic gates in a computer, but you would need a shitload of graph paper to simulate a computer that could understand human society :) ).

Time and space are just how our limited perceptions order things and don't actually exist. It would at least get rid of the Matryoshka aspect of our current understanding, as in: what came before the universe, and what came before that etc., and likewise, what is outside our universe, and what is outside that. Those questions become meaningless if time and space aren't real.

If we could see in time then Ben's meteor would become a line of light in the sky since we would be able to see every instant of its movement at the same time.

One more thing I've been mulling over lately. In physics there are several instances where equations pop out infinity and we have to apply various tricks to make sense of it and make the values finite.
What if infinity is a fundamental property instead and those infinities are supposed to be there and we just don't know how to handle them due to limitations in our perceptions?
(btw: infinities can have different "sizes". Infinity is smaller than infinity+1, but they're both infinite :? ).

Edit: Axiom 8: Interstellar is a shit movie, particularly that scene. :thumbsup
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby brekin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:22 pm

DrEvil wrote:Edit: Axiom 8: Interstellar is a shit movie, particularly that scene. :thumbsup

Here, Dr. Who, read this.

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
brekin

Postby Elvis » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:30 pm

DrEvil wrote:What if infinity is a fundamental property instead and those infinities are supposed to be there and we just don't know how to handle them due to limitations in our perceptions?

Good question, I like it. :bigsmile
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby DrEvil » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:17 pm

brekin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:22 am wrote:
DrEvil wrote:Edit: Axiom 8: Interstellar is a shit movie, particularly that scene. :thumbsup

I wish I was Dr. Who so I could go back in time and shoot Nolan before he made that abomination.
Sorry, but I really, really don't like the movie. It's just a pile of fifth grade level "profound" gobbledygook dressed up in some nice visuals (and yes, I did get it, I just thought it was stupid).

Let's land in the middle of this ocean and get out, and oh wait, what's that, a mountain sized wave coming at us you say? Quick, let's time-dilate this shit and go back to our crewman who is now an old geezer and then forget all about him and go to this other planet so we can pick up this guy doing a super-secret cameo and let him steal our shit and then crash it in a scene with stupidly loud and annoying music so we can move this harebrained plot forward to its epic conclusion inside a four-dimensional book-case and then hand-wave everything away with godlike futurepeople who couldn't come up with a better way to get their message across. :wallhead:
DrEvil

Postby brekin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:54 pm

DrEvil wrote:
brekin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:22 am wrote:

I wish I was Dr. Who so I could go back in time and shoot Nolan before he made that abomination.
Sorry, but I really, really don't like the movie. It's just a pile of fifth grade level "profound" gobbledygook dressed up in some nice visuals (and yes, I did get it, I just thought it was stupid).
Let's land in the middle of this ocean and get out, and oh wait, what's that, a mountain sized wave coming at us you say? Quick, let's time-dilate this shit and go back to our crewman who is now an old geezer and then forget all about him and go to this other planet so we can pick up this guy doing a super-secret cameo and let him steal our shit and then crash it in a scene with stupidly loud and annoying music so we can move this harebrained plot forward to its epic conclusion inside a four-dimensional book-case and then hand-wave everything away with godlike futurepeople who couldn't come up with a better way to get their message across. :wallhead:

I'm not a fan of Nolan either, and for me Interstellar was probably a C-, but compared to Michael Bay he is our Stanley Kubrick. Just the times we live in. I don't doubt you got it, Nolan's films are simple crosswords but with someone blowing an air horn in your ear while shaking your chair as you complete them. The book case/watch thing was admittedly pretty bad, (surprised that even made it to the screen) but, about 10% of the film I thought-felt was interesting, had some novel ideas-visuals. For example, obviously "Love" doesn't bind the universe, etc. But imagine if people believed that. That love was the most valuable element/resource and had to be cultivated/protected and the majority of humanities endeavors and institutions were geared towards that, instead of getting shekels. Of course we could have ended up not having antibiotics, cars, clean water, but it is an intriguing thought, albeit handled clumsily and ultimately fumbled, but as far as I know Transformers 5 doesn't cover.

brekin

Postby 82_28 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:43 pm

If any of you cats wanna fuck with your consciousness while watching a bunch of hour long episodes about people getting their consciousnesses fucked with might I suggest The Black Mirror.

Probably some of you have seen it or some episodes of it already. It originally came out in the UK but can now be found on Netflix.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby PufPuf93 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:47 pm

Elvis » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:30 pm wrote:
DrEvil wrote:What if infinity is a fundamental property instead and those infinities are supposed to be there and we just don't know how to handle them due to limitations in our perceptions?

This is a very good read about Georg Cantor and the nature of infinity.

The Mystery of the Aleph: Mathematics, the Kabbalah, and the Search for Infinity

A compelling narrative that blends a story of infinity with the tagic tale of a tormented and brilliant mathematician. From the end of the ninteenth century until his death, one of history's greatest mathematicians languished in an asylum, driven mad by an almost Faustian thirst for universal knowledge. The Mystery Of The Aleph tells the story of Georg Cantor (1845-1918), a Russian born German whose work on the 'continuum problem' would bring us closer than any mathemetician before him in helping us to comprehend the nature of infinity. A respected mathematician himself, Dr. Aczel follows Cantor's life and traces the roots of his enigmatic theories. From the Pythagoreans, the Greek cult of mathematics, to the mystical Jewish numerology found in the Kabbalah, The Mystery Of The Aleph follows the search for an answer that may never truly be trusted.

https://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Aleph-Ma ... ords=aczel
PufPuf93

Postby brekin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:07 pm

Halfway through this. It is to the point and readable. He is sympathetic, but has a critical bent and not seduced by the hype.
Reminds me a bit of Paul Theroux's style when reading it. Kind of a sober X-Files.

Rational Mysticism: Spirituality Meets Science in the Search for Enlightenment

In Rational Mysticism, acclaimed journalist John Horgan embarks on an adventure of discovery, investigating the ways in which scientists, theologians, and philosophers are attempting to formulate an empirical explanation of spiritual enlightenment. Horgan visits and interviews a fascinating Who's Who of experts, including theologian Huston Smith; Andrew Newberg, explorer of the brain's "God module"; Ken Wilber, a transpersonal psychologist and Buddhist; psychedelic pharmacologist Alexander Shulgin; Oxford-educated psychologist and Zen practitioner Susan Blackmore; and postmodern shaman Terence McKenna. Horgan also explores the effects of reputed enlightenment-inducing techniques such as fasting, meditation, prayer, sensory deprivation, and drug trips. In his lively and thought-provoking inquiry, Horgan finds surprising connections among seemingly disparate disciplines, not the least of which is a shared awe of the nature of the universe.

https://www.amazon.com/Rational-Mystici ... 061844663X
brekin

Postby DrEvil » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:10 pm

PufPuf93 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:47 pm wrote:
Elvis » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:30 pm wrote:

This is a very good read about Georg Cantor and the nature of infinity.

The Mystery of the Aleph: Mathematics, the Kabbalah, and the Search for Infinity

A compelling narrative that blends a story of infinity with the tagic tale of a tormented and brilliant mathematician. From the end of the ninteenth century until his death, one of history's greatest mathematicians languished in an asylum, driven mad by an almost Faustian thirst for universal knowledge. The Mystery Of The Aleph tells the story of Georg Cantor (1845-1918), a Russian born German whose work on the 'continuum problem' would bring us closer than any mathemetician before him in helping us to comprehend the nature of infinity. A respected mathematician himself, Dr. Aczel follows Cantor's life and traces the roots of his enigmatic theories. From the Pythagoreans, the Greek cult of mathematics, to the mystical Jewish numerology found in the Kabbalah, The Mystery Of The Aleph follows the search for an answer that may never truly be trusted.

https://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Aleph-Ma ... ords=aczel

God damn, you just made me learn something!
But seriously, thank you. Very fascinating stuff.

@brekin: I agree. I like most of his films, and Interstellar is his only movie I think is genuinely bad, but still leagues ahead of anything by Michael Bay.

My favorite things with Nolan in it aren't even movies made by him but stuff produced by him and/or his brother, namely 'Person of Interest' and 'Transcendence'. I know they both have some serious issues, but I like AI. :basicsmile
DrEvil

Postby chump » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:08 am

chump

Postby chump » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:35 am

Foo for thought:

Published on Jul 28, 2017

What Exactly are hallucinations? Are they actually doors to another reality? Anthony Peake thinks so. In this stunning new book Anthony Peake takes the work of Aldous Huxley and updates it using the latest information from such seemingly unrelated fields as quantum mechanics, neurochemistry and consciousness studies.

This work follows on from Peake’s groundbreaking books The Out-of-Body Experience and The Infinite Mindfield. Be ready to be amazed. After reading thus book you will never see ‘reality’ in the same way again.

-----------------------------

https://mindcontrolblackassassins.com/2 ... cis-kelly/

Metacommunication is a natural human communication process, which is as simple as saying, “I love you”, while you are smiling – communication on two levels. All communication consists of (at least) two levels. First, there is the “content level” of what is being said, literally. Second, there is the level that British CIA MK ULTRA/MONARCH godfather, Anthropologist Dr. Gregory Bateson, calls metacommunication, which is the underlying message or tone of the communication, which can be as simple as a facial expression. We often recognize this as being the “tone” of someone’s voice, or how something is being said. So, you have what is being said, and how it is being said. The tone is actually the “command” portion of communication, because it is designed to instruct or position the receiver (or victim) of the communication to interpret the message in a certain way.

Bateson’s communications theory can help reveal the interaction operating behind the message. Every communication, he claims, has both a report [the actual message] and a command aspect [tone]. While the report conveys information about a state of affairs, the command positions the receiver to adopt a particular attitude towards the report and (leads them to) respond in a certain way. The command element of the message is a metacommunication about the context of the message – the nature of the relationship in which the information is exchanged.

We have entered the realm and era of falsified [political] meta-communication in mass media. Falsified political meta-communication is when the government include a primary false political message, image, or illusion which is designed “not only to sell the product, but also to [subliminally] influence the viewer’s attitudes and beliefs.”

The term, falsified metacommunication, was coined by anthropologist Richard Herskowitz. It can be understood, in part, using the simple example of a con-man: He shakes your hand, smiles at you and tells you nice things…as he steals your money. It is a strategy of deliberately distracting you from his real purpose or goal by using friendly, charming deception. It is saying one thing, as a way of distracting the victim with deception to make them feel comfortable with the situation, in order to do another thing. Another way to visualized this stuff is that the American public and politics are being silently and covertly transformed into the hivemind,

“… Satan is the adversary, not of God, but of mankind; i.e., the angel charged by God with the task of proving that mankind is an unworthy creation. In the transtopian context, Lucifer represents ambition, rebellion, rational enlightenment, and the dark side of Transhumanism.”

The point is to visualize Satanism as a modern multitasking force of not only the manifestation of evil, but systematic and ritual mass illusions, lies and deceptions for ultimate mass population mind, political, social, genetic and economic controls.“The term ‘Transhumanism‘ was coined by biologist Julian Huxley in 1957, who defined it as “man remaining man, but trans­cending himself, by realizing new possibilities of and for his human nature.”

One of the primary concepts of the Transhumanist agenda is “The Hive Mind”. “Hive Mind : A type of collective consciousness where individuality is stifled; a state of conformity; also written hivemind”. “A group of people who give the false impression of being a hivemind (1), eg. by mindlessly following orders.”

One of the early Transhumanist elites, along with Julian Huxley, was Sir Charles Galton Darwin, the grandson of Charles Darwin, who founded the theory of evolution. So, anyway, here is one of Charles Galton Darwin’s quotes relating to the Hive Mind:

“There might be a drug, which, without other harmful effects, removed the urgency of sexual desire, and so, reproduced in humanity the status of workers in a beehive.”

The founders of Transhumanism had elitist views about what humanity should be. This Human Beehive concept has been envisioned by the ruling elite class throughout history as the ideal society. The ultimate slave race, scientifically designed to conform, obey and serve the needs of the elite – worker bees who do not question or rebel...

con'd
chump

Postby chump » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:13 pm

https://rielpolitik.com/2017/09/06/arch ... o-l-chang/
ARCHONS, OVERLORDS & MAGIK: The Spells and Appearances of Words Can Control Your Thoughts – By Pao L. Chang
The Smoking Man / 5 days ago

... The Spells and Appearances of Words Can Control Your Thoughts – By Pao L. Chang

Words, words, words, are what people see every day, but I do not see words like most people. What I see are worlds, worlds, worlds, and spells, spells, spells. Today, we live in a world dominated by words, which are magic spells that can be used to hypnotize the minds of people. All words have magic properties because they were created based on occult knowledge. To be more specific, they were designed based on sacred geometry and sacred sound. Furthermore, many of them were charged with magic intention.

What the education system does not tell you about letters is that they are actually sigils containing the fundamental semantic code for transmission of thought. This is why words, which are made up of letters, are so effective for stimulating the human mind and transmitting information. Certain advertising companies are well aware that words are very effective tools for stimulating the mind, which is why their ad campaigns often have a lot of words in them.

Besides having the power to stimulate the mind, words also have the power to “cut” and shape the material world. Words have this power because they are sharp like swords. When you move the letter “s” in the term words to the front, it becomes the term sword. In some ways, words are more powerful than swords. This is why the Bible verse Hebrews 4:12 says,

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Besides shaping the material world, words have the power to create the world of matter. To find evidence that words have the power to create the material world, we need to investigate one of the verses in the Gospel (“God-spell“) of John. In the New Testament of the Bible verse John 1:1 it says, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God”. When you read this verse literally, it sounds kind of confusing and does not make much sense. However, when you learn how to decipher it and access the knowledge hidden within its words, it makes a lot of sense.

What you need to know about the New Testament of most bibles is that it was translated from Greek. Because of this, if you want to “innerstand” what the Bible means when it says “In the beginning was the Word,” you need to investigate what the English term word means in Greek. In Greek, the English term word means logos. In English, the word logo means “the source that controls the universe, the written word or inspiration of God, or a logic and rational argument.” According to ancient Greek philosophy, the word logos means “the controlling principle in the universe”.

Based on the definitions in the previous paragraph, the Bible verse “In the beginning was the Word” actually means “In the beginning was the Source.” The Source for what? The Source for the codesthat govern reality, also known as the Laws of Nature. The Bible verse John 1:1 is not really talking about the words in books, but is talking about the forces, laws and knowledge of the Universe, which can be expressed through words to create worlds.

When we speak words, we are literally creating worlds. However, because our conscious and subconscious minds are not working in harmony with each other, our thoughts expressed through words often do not physically affect the material world in a way that we can see. In other words, most of the changes occur at the subconscious level. Did you notice that the term world has the term word in it? Take out the letter “l” from the term world and you are left with the term word.
Why You Should Be Wary of Words, Especially Legal Words

The world you live in is ruled by words. This is why all physical contracts are based on words and all disputes are done using words. Because the world is ruled by words, if you want to prevent words from ruling over you, you need to be aware of the occult (hidden) meaning of words. The words you need to know their hidden meaning are the words commonly used in the legal system. Three of the many words that you need to pay close attention to are the words name, person and corporation.

In the world of legalese, the words name, person and corporation are not what most people think they are. Below are the legal definitions of the words name, person and corporation from Black’s Law Dictionary (6th edition).

Name: “The designation of an individual person, or of a firm or corporation. Word or combination of words used to distinguish person or thing or class from others.”
Person: “In general usage, a human being (i.e. natural person), though by statute term may include labor organizations, partnerships, associations, corporations, legal representatives, trustees, trustees in bankruptcy, or receivers.”
Corporation: “An artificial person or legal entity created by or under the authority of the laws of a state. An association of persons created by statute as a legal entity.”

In the legal definition of person, there is a phrase that says “though by statute term“. The phrase “statute term” means “legal term”. Because of this, a person is legally a corporation. As a person/corporation, the legal system sees you as an artificial person or legal entity. An artificial person is not living; instead it is DEAD. As a result of that, it has no natural rights.

To connect the dots, when you agree to be a “person”, you actually agree to be an artificial person and thereby have no natural rights. Without natural rights, the government can force you to pay taxes and order you to obey its fictitious laws. Do you innerstand now why you need to be wary of words?

The Most Popular Magic Spell for Hypnotizing Your Mind

Before you were born or shortly thereafter, your mother and father gave you a name. They gave you a name because you are going to be a good little ewe and follow orders. Did you notice that the word you is pronounced similar to the word ewe? The word ewe means “a female sheep, especially when fully mature.” When you do not question things and follow orders, you/ewe are considered a sheep by your owners, which are the Elite. This is why the word sheeple is used to define people who are “docile, foolish, or easily led.”

The name is the most popular magic spell for marking you/ewe as a slave. It is the most effective magic spell for tricking you to agree to be a “person”, which is legally defined as a “corporation” or “artificial person”. Do you remember what I said early that the word name means “The designation of an individual person, or of a firm or corporation“? Because the Name Spell is so effective for deceiving you, it is heavily used by religious institutions, governments, banks and corporations to hypnotize your mind with sigils (letters).

To condition your mind to accept your name as being the same as you (the living man or woman made of flesh and blood), they use the education system to indoctrinate you at a very early age to think that the name is who you really are. After years of being indoctrinated, you mostly unconsciously accept that you (the living man or woman) and your name are one and the same. Once you accept this, you are completely under the magic effect of the Name Spell, causing you to actually think that you and your name are one and the same...
chump

Postby chump » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:59 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/19/movi ... erzog.html
Review: ‘Lo and Behold,’ the Danger, and Potential, of the Digital Revolution
Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World
Directed by Werner Herzog Documentary PG-13 1h 38m

By A. O. SCOTTAUG. 18, 2016
“Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World” is Werner Herzog’s documentary about the internet. For some readers, that sentence will be sufficient. One of our most intellectually ambitious filmmakers — a self-professed seeker of ecstatic truths, a tireless foot soldier of cinema — tackles what he calls “one of the greatest revolutions” humanity has experienced. The combination of Mr. Herzog’s doggedly curious sensibility and the mysteries of the digital universe seems both improbable and irresistible.

In the course of a singularly peripatetic career, that curiosity has most often taken Mr. Herzog, who will turn 74 on Labor Day, into frontier zones where civilization gives way to wildness. He has ventured into Antarctica, Alaska, the jungles of the Amazon and the forests of his native Germany in search of oddity and revelation. The web might seem like a fairly tame environment for such an adventurous temperament, but it is also the repository of — or at least the inspiration for — mind-blowingly grandiose ideas.

The devices in our hands and on our desks, and the invisible, ubiquitous networks that link them, are often seen to be ushering us toward utopia or hastening the arrival of the apocalypse. Mr. Herzog, an unseen interviewer with an unmistakable voice, seems receptive to both views. He listens to scientists and entrepreneurs celebrate the expansion of knowledge and learning that the digital revolution has brought forth, and to others who lament the erosion of privacy and critical-thinking skills. The physicist Lucianne Walkowicz explains how a solar flare could bring the whole network — and with it our super-technologized way of life — crashing down in a matter of days. On the other hand, we might build self-driving cars, perfect artificial intelligence applications that permanently erase the boundary between people and machines or even create colonies on Mars.

At times, Mr. Herzog’s imagination leaps beyond even the more startling speculations of his subjects. He is not so much credulous as excitable, given to interrupting the prose of researchers and analysts with flights of poetry. He tries to press some of them to predict the future, something scientists are generally reluctant to do. And he poses a question that charms and stumps many of them: “Does the internet dream of itself?”

... con'd
chump

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion