Questioning Consciousness

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Questioning Consciousness

Postby thrulookingglass » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:57 am

"What are you going on about?" - minime

There is a realm inside us as well. I believe the discussion has been made here as to "what are dreams?" I'm not talking about "I dream of being a ballerina some day", I'm talking about the shift from corporeal, walking about, physical world existence and what happens when we sleep. So odd that we almost never realize that we're in a dream state and fall victim to the oddest of circumstances and accept them as 'real' when dreaming. Some biblical excerpts say that "God" came to them in dreams, offering messages. I have experienced something like this. Higher consciousness actually involves realizing that its very much like that butterfly effect. I call it the crime scene scenario which states you cannot enter a crime scene without altering it. Life is one big crime scene now and we all have an influence on this world. True higher consciousness knows that non-violence is the proper way to live and that we must become a welcome part of our eco-sphere, we all have an effect on each other. I think if you really open up your consciousness, you can feel all this suffering going on in the world. Media sources keep repeating how people feel more alone, depressed and disenfranchised with life. 'Blur' said it...modern life is rubbish. We've reduced life to the collection of 'currencies/moneys' from vapid sources. Liberalist activism, social justice...the world will not change itself. We keep on waiting for the world to change. The powerful are quite happy with the thrones we allow them to receive. Perhaps we should just revisit the words of our Hamlet-esque lost king here in the Americas, gunned down by occulted forces of war...

"What kind of peace do I mean? What kind of peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war. Not the peace of the grave or the security of the slave. I am talking about genuine peace, the kind of peace that makes life on earth worth living, the kind that enables men and nations to grow and to hope and to build a better life for their children--not merely peace for Americans but peace for all men and women--not merely peace in our time but peace for all time."...

"Today the expenditure of billions of dollars every year on weapons acquired for the purpose of making sure we never need to use them is essential to keeping the peace. But surely the acquisition of such idle stockpiles--which can only destroy and never create--is not the only, much less the most efficient, means of assuring peace."

"We need not accept that view. Our problems are manmade--therefore, they can be solved by man. And man can be as big as he wants. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. Man's reason and spirit have often solved the seemingly unsolvable--and we believe they can do it again."

"Some say that it is useless to speak of world peace or world law or world disarmament--and that it will be useless until the leaders of the Soviet Union adopt a more enlightened attitude. I hope they do. I believe we can help them do it. But I also believe that we must reexamine our own attitude--as individuals and as a Nation--for our attitude is as essential as theirs. And every graduate of this school, every thoughtful citizen who despairs of war and wishes to bring peace, should begin by looking INWARD--by examining his own attitude toward the possibilities of peace, toward the Soviet Union, toward the course of the cold war and toward freedom and peace here at home." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy 35th President of the U.S.

PEACE is the higher calling. Brutality doesn't heal, it just hurts. Google war dead and switch to images...now imagine that was your best friend, someone you truly love, because it was someone's love, brother, sister, mother, father...gone now. Wouldn't you rather have a life pursuing your dreams rather than living this nightmare? I've been with "the greys", I have nothing further than my words to offer you proof, nor am I willing to pursue this into some fact checking analysis of whether I have or haven't. In fact, strange beings have been in my life as long as I can remember. I think the powers that be made war with them. They were so interested in their technological advancement that they would seize it at any cost. The war mind wants only one thing, dominance and will perform any grotesquery to achieve its goal. In fact, I'm pretty sure the military arms of each country made war with alien visitors out of fear. They fear losing their adolescent need for power/control. I've seen what some dyed in the wool catholics and christians say about the greys and they claim they're demons. I certainly never had that impression until I heard it from them, but then again, if you believe in devils, you'll always be searching for them.

Divinity is not a being, it's a way of life.
thrulookingglass

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby minime » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:42 pm

thrulookingglass, thank you for your considered explication.

Now, how about this one...

My peoples! Now you got it...within and without...consciousness is the construct and the construct is consciousness. Both sides of the looking glass. There are bad truths.
minime

Postby minime » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:49 pm

Sounder: Models create correspondences between categories. Models that create more connections and correspondences will be ‘better’ or more robust. Most people think that current modeling provides plenty of correspondences, but we are living in a fishbowl and there are infinitely more correspondences yet to be established.

drevil: You could also argue that more connections create complexity, which in turn creates instability. The simplest systems are often the most robust.

Consider neuronal development.
minime

Postby DrEvil » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:26 pm

minime » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:49 pm wrote:
Sounder: Models create correspondences between categories. Models that create more connections and correspondences will be ‘better’ or more robust. Most people think that current modeling provides plenty of correspondences, but we are living in a fishbowl and there are infinitely more correspondences yet to be established.

drevil: You could also argue that more connections create complexity, which in turn creates instability. The simplest systems are often the most robust.

Exactly. Humans with their big, messy brains are far more susceptible to failure modes. You don't see stupid animals going on shooting sprees, thinking they're Napoleon or obsessively organizing all their bananas in straight lines.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby minime » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:46 pm

DrEvil » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:26 pm wrote:

Exactly. Humans with their big, messy brains are far more susceptible to failure modes. You don't see stupid animals going on shooting sprees, thinking they're Napoleon or obsessively organizing all their bananas in straight lines.

minime

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:47 pm

:)

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby thrulookingglass » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:18 pm

I know not how to move this stone in the proper direction. And is the direction I want the best for all? Do we have to let go of some things we want so others can live as they want/need? Live simply so others may simply live. I can't live in a world where violence is used to solve problems for to me violence only creates more problems. Though "God" tortured his son to death to test his faith, drowned us sons of bitches for being evil, bombed Sodom and Gomorrah for its "rape squads" (no, it wasn't homosexuality that perturbed the angels so much so they drew swords and slaughtered their enemies). Moses, once part of Pharaoh's family renounces those that literally raised him and with God's help, commits infanticide. Is this book just bullshit? There was a posting on Youtube, where I spend a lot of time trying to make sense of all this, that said, "what if the devil actually wrote the bible?" And if you've ever heard of the Codex Gigas, it would seem he did. It wasn't until I came to this site that I began believing in these "satanic forces". It was back when Jeff was actually blogging, "The W Years" I call them where Magog and Gog's regime raped the world of innocence that I began to gain knowledge of things of this nature. I still didn't believe in a devil or satan, just that powers left unchecked will reek havoc on the masses. Did you know that the name "Magog" was given to George HW Bush at skull and bones as they all receive a nick-name? Skull and bones, the "false flag" raised by pirates at sea, in the last moments, before luring their prey in with a flag of another nation, they would let fly the "jolly roger". 9/11, JFK, Gulf of Tonkin, sinking of the Maine, Boston Tea Party...false flag operations. Oz programming, MKultra, in the unauthorized biography of HW Bush he is painted as a coward who ditches his plane purposely rather than enter aerial combat. It was said he'd even study sub routes so he'd know where he could ditch to get picked up. Before the first Gulf War there was a lot of propaganda in the media about HW being a wimp. The Cowardly Lion. "W" of course is the Scarecrow, the man without a brain. And I bet you can't guess who the man without a heart is...wait for it...none other than Dick Cheney of Nixon administration birthings, who literally doesn't own his own heart anymore, got a replacement ticker years ago. Remember his response when he was asked if he was grateful for the person who donated the heart..."it's my heart, I don't know what your talking about..." Welcome to the occupation. I had a dream once where I woke up between Dick Cheney and W on a cheap sofa at some ranches cabin. I was completely naked and in the brief moments of my consciousness within the "dream", there were a lot of drugs around (pills, narcotics, cocaine, not the fun trippy mushroom stuff and cannabis that I enjoy, but pharmaceuticals). There was even that rotating, hypnotic spiral there if you can believe, weird loud music and what I can only term of as an 'orgy' taking place. The "dream" or whatever it was, was very brief. I looked around, said to W and Cheney, in a sarcastic sense, "Boy...you guys sure know how to party." W chuckled and slapped his hand onto my naked thigh and replied, "See, that's why I like this one!" His hand on me left me feeling extremely violated. Cheney gave one of his classic, almost John Stewart impression level of reactions, muttering something under his breath in disapproval. Makes me wonder about books like "Trance-Formation of America". I'm sorry for hijacking this thread again. This place (RI) is the only place I've found where people are extremely investigative of life and it's trappings. Consciousness, thought...we really cannot deny the call to greater morality, fairness. I view all forms of control as tyrannical. I know not to kill or be violent, I just want peace. Expecting not to receive it for my existence here on earth is more than I can bare, except for some literal 'act of god' or alien intervention. I was given "corrective bar" shoes when I was very little around two years old in some "Forrest Gump-esque" despotism from quack doctors who thought it would correct my crooked feet. This 'snake oil' remedy for my feet was crippling and torturous. I was too young to remember, but this is when the 'beings' were starting to interact with me. One came to the side of my crib and said "Brian, do you like that bar between your feet?" I exclaimed "NO! I hate it!" The being thankfully replied, "I think you should break it." I said "How?" and I don't quite remember the response but it was something like, "just strike it until it breaks." Which I did! I bashed it against my crib until either the crib or the bar broke. This crazy message board, my sound board to the world. I've lived an odd life. Being with the grays is an intrinsically weird and life changing moment. It is an experience outside normal consciousness. It is an event so profoundly outside what is accepted as 'normal existence' as to be nearly impossible to understand and further, extremely hard to react to with any sense of normalcy intact. The human mind simply cannot handle the experience, this is why screen memories are created to buffer the mind from the trauma created by the event. Trauma, that's the best term for it. These things I recall from them are normal memories, not recovered from some hypnosis session. Notice too, hypnotherapy, a literal trance like state has to be induced to calm the mind in order to retrieve these memories. Happens to sexual abuse victims, PTSD cases, abductions. Travis Walton, Allagash Four, Betty and Barney Hill, 62 children in Africa report seeing 'non-terrestrial' beings, Philip Spencer, Kelly Cahill, Abductions...the book by MD John E Mack...I live in Massachusetts. I swear I know some of those people in that book. Not really answering your questions at all though am I minime. "I think, therefore I am" says Descartes...without thought we wouldn't know that we exist, that is consciousness, to examine, explore, receive...all that you sense...that is consciousness. We deny our responsibilities to each other, to live a better life, that is the pain that exists in the soul now. Destined to repeat the same problems over and over until we act to stop them. Some believe Mars was inhabited and that society was completely obliterated by the ravages of war and we are what escaped to this planet to try again. Will we learn to stop war before it stops us again? Mars/Aries...the god of war...he's the only one we truly worship.
thrulookingglass

Postby minime » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:41 pm

Yes, of course. Thank you.
minime

Postby thrulookingglass » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:27 pm

Addendum:

I've always enjoyed the Ridley Scott, "Alien" series of films, well the first two at least. In "Prometheus", the android David knows his creator, the humans, and resents them. The replicants of Blade Runner return to their creator to ask the big questions...why did you make me? In "Prometheus", the crew finds out, all too late, that what they have stumbled upon is the "creators" Plum Island lab where they created viscous biological agents to use as weapons of war. Janek, the captain, reasons that "the creator(s)" built their bio-weapons facility far away from their true home in order to thwart any form of blow back. Sometimes I think that's what we are as humans, little biological agents built to fight proxy wars for alien species. Removed from our past. I look at the archeological evidence, and the picture seems pretty clear. Just some adolescent bipedal species struggling to survive the rigors of nature. Language develops (language isn't just spoken and understood, true language requires writing, allowing us to pass knowledge down to the next generation) and things get real crazy from there. I'm sure we're all aware of the Zecharia Sitchtin model of things, the Sumerians, those to earth from heaven came. Enki and Enlil came to mine mono-atomic gold to repair their world. There's tons of gold in the asteroid belt, enough to satisfy just about anyone's selfish needs. We are what they came to harvest. The easiest way to keep a slave as a slave, is to make sure he never knows his true master.

I could be wrong, it's happened before.
thrulookingglass

Postby DrEvil » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:41 pm

minime » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:46 pm wrote:
DrEvil » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:26 pm wrote:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
DrEvil

Postby Elvis » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:06 pm

DrEvil wrote:Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Me: "Did you practice that scale we went over last week?"

Student: "A couple times."

Me: "Try doing it fifty times every day."

Student: :scared:
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby minime » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:52 pm

minime: "Consider neuronal development."

drevil: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

In this case I think the joke is on you.

A couple times would be too much to hope for. Even once would be nice. [shrug]
minime

Postby DrEvil » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:39 pm

^^I know, and I considered it. Now what? It would really help if you spoke in complete sentences, maybe throw in some context every now and then so it's possible to understand what the hell you're talking about.

What should I consider about neuronal development? Its entire evolutionary history? How it functions in humans? How complex or simple it is, and by what standards complexity or simplicity is measured? I don't even know if you're arguing for simplicity or complexity.

Being vague for the sake of being vague only makes you look like a tool, or that you don't really have a clue and are incapable of going beyond lame one-liners.
DrEvil

Postby minime » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:51 pm

DrEvil » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:39 pm wrote:^^I know, and I considered it. Now what? It would really help if you spoke in complete sentences, maybe throw in some context every now and then so it's possible to understand what the hell you're talking about.

What should I consider about neuronal development? Its entire evolutionary history? How it functions in humans? How complex or simple it is, and by what standards complexity or simplicity is measured? I don't even know if you're arguing for simplicity or complexity.

Being vague for the sake of being vague only makes you look like a tool, or that you don't really have a clue and are incapable of going beyond lame one-liners.

drevil,

Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler.

In other words: yes, I'm arguing for simplicity or complexity.

Which of course would explain my 'vagueness'.

In response to your questions re: neuronal development: yes, yes, and yes, etc. As I am clueless, you could look at Sounder's post... for clues.
minime

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:51 pm

Moron's Neurons!

That don't bother me, at all.
Iamwhomiam

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion