Rolling Stone #250 October 20, 1977

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Rolling Stone #250 October 20, 1977

Postby redsock » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:10 am

wordspeak2 wrote:So can we access the Bernstein article for free, or no? That link asks me to pay.

Go to the bottom of the page and click "free download". It will countdown 60 seconds, then type in the captcha and you'll get a blue download link. :thumbsup
redsock

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:55 am

I know this link is from 2008, but I'm getting a "0.0 MB, File Not Found."
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby psynapz » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:13 am

Luther Blissett wrote:I know this link is from 2008, but I'm getting a "0.0 MB, File Not Found."

Didn't catch Ian's updated link?
IanEye wrote:new link

redsock wrote:
wordspeak2 wrote:So can we access the Bernstein article for free, or no? That link asks me to pay.

Go to the bottom of the page and click "free download". It will countdown 60 seconds, then type in the captcha and you'll get a blue download link. :thumbsup

I didn't see "free download" but I did see a "Regular download" button in the lower right of the comparison table. Click that, wait a minute, then solve the captcha when it appears, then the download link will appear. Click that, choose a save location, and it will begin downloading. It's 602 MB, so it might be a few hours via the free "Regular download" option. Pay for speed, if you're like that.

Thanks Ian!
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:10 pm

psynapz wrote:
Luther Blissett wrote:I know this link is from 2008, but I'm getting a "0.0 MB, File Not Found."

Didn't catch Ian's updated link?
IanEye wrote:new link

redsock wrote:

I didn't see "free download" but I did see a "Regular download" button in the lower right of the comparison table. Click that, wait a minute, then solve the captcha when it appears, then the download link will appear. Click that, choose a save location, and it will begin downloading. It's 602 MB, so it might be a few hours via the free "Regular download" option. Pay for speed, if you're like that.

Thanks Ian!

I did not, thanks IanEye and Psynapz. I'm going to spread this around a bit if that's still okay.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby IanEye » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Luther Blissett wrote:I'm going to spread this around a bit if that's still okay.

please do, Luther.
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:17 pm

That service just timed out after the first 90 minutes or so.

I am grateful for the awesome effort of scanning, but please consider doing the slightly lesser one of uploading to a different filesharing site. I can imagine paying you for the pdf, but not the filesharing site for the speed. (mediafire is miles better, allowing quick free high-speed no-captcha no-bullshit downloads, but maybe they have a 150 MB limit.)
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby IanEye » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:51 pm

yeah, i should probably just split up those two issues into separate downloads.
they just go so well together in terms of '77-CIA & '80-GHWB.

i'll split 'em up when i get the chance

i don't want any money though....
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Stephen Morgan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:13 pm

viewtopic.php?t=8590

Hugh's link now being broked.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby crikkett » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:34 pm

JackRiddler wrote:That service just timed out after the first 90 minutes or so.

I am grateful for the awesome effort of scanning, but please consider doing the slightly lesser one of uploading to a different filesharing site. I can imagine paying you for the pdf, but not the filesharing site for the speed. (mediafire is miles better, allowing quick free high-speed no-captcha no-bullshit downloads, but maybe they have a 150 MB limit.)

Dropbox lets you host publicly accessible files that I don't think require an account to access. It's worth looking into

Thanks for the scan!
crikkett

Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:51 pm

Yeah, Stephan, I getting a 404 at Hugh's link.

Hugh?
Iamwhomiam

Postby Stephen Morgan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:50 am

Iamwhomiam wrote:Yeah, Stephan, I getting a 404 at Hugh's link.

Hugh?

Click the one I put up there, it's because the board changed.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Postby psynapz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Here's Ian's file via BitTorrent:

http://bit.ly/xDe1oS
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:57 am

IanEye, thanks a million for this, it's excellent stuff. Would you mind if I posted up the CIA article as image files in the thread, like embedded images? That way folk who don't have the bandwidth to download the full file can have a read of it, and maybe post bits around to support their points if they're arguing on other forums. It's a beautiful expose. I know folk who are quite prepared to admit that the intelligence services murder people and subvert domestic governance, but for some reason they'll still deny that their media is controlled, and many of their journalists bought and sold - maybe 'cos they don;t like feeling stupid. This should show 'em.

Anyone who can download the whole thing should definitely do it, though, even if it is a big 'un. The surrounding context and the nostalgia is half the beauty, even if (like me) you weren't yet around at the time.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:13 am

Thanks, Stephen.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Stephen Morgan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:40 am

psynapz wrote:

Here's Ian's file via BitTorrent:

http://bit.ly/xDe1oS

error message:

403 Forbidden
Stephen Morgan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion