Rolling Stone #250 October 20, 1977

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Rolling Stone #250 October 20, 1977

Postby christs4sale » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:30 am

You can get the whole article here provided that there is nothing significant about seeing the actual scan:

http://www.carlbernstein.com/magazine_cia_and_media.php

Also, if you are interested, here is a copy of Larry Flynt's first Rebel to add to the scan pile:

http://www.worldwatchers.info/admin/Rebel_11-22-83.pdf
christs4sale

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby psynapz » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Stephen Morgan wrote:
psynapz wrote:Here's Ian's file via BitTorrent:

http://bit.ly/xDe1oS

error message:

403 Forbidden

Ewps, thanks, try again...
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby psynapz » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:04 pm

AhabsOtherLeg wrote:IanEye, thanks a million for this, it's excellent stuff. Would you mind if I posted up the CIA article as image files in the thread, like embedded images? That way folk who don't have the bandwidth to download the full file can have a read of it, and maybe post bits around to support their points if they're arguing on other forums.

That gave me an idea. I have Acrobat Pro, so I was able to take the issue #250 PDF and shave it down to just the cover page, TOC page and the article pages, and compressed it down to a 4.3 MB PDF that's still perfectly readable:

http://bit.ly/zupJ4X
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

in a big acoustic tower..

Postby IanEye » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:40 am

psynapz wrote:
AhabsOtherLeg wrote:IanEye

That gave me an idea.

thanks, ahab and psynapz.

& so it goes ....
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:55 am

Cheers psynapz, that works better than my method (was having to screenshot half a page at a time so it'd be readable).

Thanks again Ian (and for the Nick Lowe as well).
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby Simulist » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi, IanEye. I was able to download the entire file, and I'm reading it now — so I wanted to drop by, and say thank you.

Of course the Bernstein article is what's most significant I suppose, but what I'm also enjoying are all the ads from that time! (Which surprises the hell out of me, actually.) All the vintage stereo equipment, the cigarette ads ("How come I enjoy smoking, and you don't?" Uh... because you're a fucking idiot?), all the bands from that era — it's all just great to see. So, again: thank you.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

"you have always been the Caretaker here, ..."

Postby IanEye » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:14 pm

Simulist wrote:Hi, IanEye. I was able to download the entire file, and I'm reading it now — so I wanted to drop by, and say thank you.

Of course the Bernstein article is what's most significant I suppose, but what I'm also enjoying are all the ads from that time! (Which surprises the hell out of me, actually.) All the vintage stereo equipment, the cigarette ads ("How come I enjoy smoking, and you don't?" Uh... because you're a fucking idiot?), all the bands from that era — it's all just great to see. So, again: thank you.

Simulist, you are more than welcome. mi casa es su casa.

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Previous

Return to General Discussion