Will the Real Whitley Strieber Please Stand Up?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Will the Real Whitley Strieber Please Stand Up?

Postby guruilla » Tue May 14, 2013 3:51 pm

Hammer of Los wrote:...
The Body IS The Memory.

This is very much the recurring theme of the CF project, which uses Strieber's "body" as local map to explore universal terrain (not quite literally, his body of work, which is largely an expression of his body-memories - recall his intended title for Communion, "Body Terror").

On the first May 8th audio, I think, body and/as memory is discussed, and then again, and again, in audios still to come.

Watch this space ~ where the body is.

That reminds me of what got lost in my post to Simulist - something about, what are we but a fetal body floating in infinite space - and which is us, both, or neither?

2001 has come and gone.
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby guruilla » Tue May 14, 2013 4:04 pm

FourthBase wrote:You do not have any access to a realm of reality the rest of us don't also have.

It may be exactly that which each of us does have and is terrified to recognize, an utterly unique and equally, eternally unshareable perspective on Reality.

But one in the countless eyes of the Fly-God, and (paradoxically) each of us possessed of (by?) the same 360 degree vision. But since there's only room for one atom in any given space at any given time, we remain uniquely alone in the multitude. (Uniqueness isolates us.)

Sorry - HoL's poetics may be catching.

Simulist wrote:Yes to all three. Perhaps even more significant would be the probable (and repeated) introduction of an hallucinogen into my very young life; perceptual changes existed then, and some appear to persist even now.

I am wondering if you identify with Strieber, even while you jerk your knee at him and boot him out of your field of interest - or try to?

As the tenacity of this thread proves, he is a man (a body) who cannot be dismissed, however much we might wish to do so.
guruilla

Postby Simulist » Tue May 14, 2013 8:05 pm

guruilla wrote:
Simulist wrote:Yes to all three. Perhaps even more significant would be the probable (and repeated) introduction of an hallucinogen into my very young life; perceptual changes existed then, and some appear to persist even now.

I am wondering if you identify with Strieber, even while you jerk your knee at him and boot him out of your field of interest - or try to?

I do identify with Whitley Strieber, yes — but with some mixed feelings.

As I was thinking about those mixed feelings, my brain suddenly flashed to a quicksilver mine not too far from my elementary school in the South Bay Area, in California where I grew up. And I wondered to myself why on earth I was suddenly thinking about that — I mean, I hadn't thought about that mine in years! Then I remembered hearing about all the problems with mercury contaminating the drinking water we had been told about by the tour guide when we'd visited that quicksilver mine during our fifth grade field trip. We were told that, back during the Gold Rush, water wasn't as easy to come by for average people as it is today. So... Hmm.

What would someone do if s/he were desperately thirsty, and all s/he could find was even lightly-contaminated water to drink?

And that question brought me back to Whitley Strieber, who has both made the existence of the "well" (apparently non-human communication and MK-ULTRA experimentation) more widely-known — but who has also sort of poisoned it, in some respects (and however unintentionally). So I continually find myself ambivalent about Whitley Strieber: on the one hand I do identify, obviously, with many of the experiences he has recounted; at the same time, you yourself have said it best in Prisoner of Infinity, Chapter Two: he also inspires a mix of "bewilderment, exasperation, and frustration."
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby Hammer of Los » Wed May 15, 2013 12:33 am

FourthBase wrote:Let me assure you, Hammer.
Allow me to dispossess you of any such illusion:
You are not "God", i.e., you are not any kind of singular deity.
You do not have any access to a realm of reality the rest of us don't also have.

You're welcome! :)

Good for you!

Back to topic!

Hammer of Los

Postby guruilla » Wed May 15, 2013 12:56 am

I will get to the Mercury thing tomorrow. Meanwhile this is worth a look, from Carol Rainey, Budd Hopkin's wife, in 2011: http://rr0.org/time/2/0/1/1/01/15/Raine ... index.html

Excerpt:

Wafted about for 180 hours on waves of alien/hybrid/sci-fi imagery, bits of memories and dreams, all mixed in with shivery slivers of Jacobs’ pre-hypnosis suggestive anecdotes, the trusting and vulnerable patient delivered up to Jacobs his hoped-for narrative of predatory hybrids among us— exactly what he ordered for the book he was writing. However, it’s anything but a typical abductee’s experience: violent sexual encounters with a human/alien hybrid; a request by the good Doctor (Ph.D. in history, non-medical) to send him her panties, unwashed, so they could be tested for alien sperm; and a proposal that she wear a chastity belt with nails across the vaginal opening, which he’d locate for her from (in Jacobs words) “a sex shop that specialized in bondage/dominance, a place that I frequented quite often.” 1

In later sessions, Jacobs, hyperventilating, can be heard telling Emma that he’s in terrible trouble—that an outraged hybrid (who knows that Jacobs is the only person on the planet, other than Hopkins, who knows the evil fate that aliens are planning for humanity)—that this hybrid is sending him threatening Instant Messages on his AOL account to make him cease and desist his work with the abductee Emma Woods. Jacobs is “the man who knows too much.”

Personal IMs from a bloodthirsty hybrid who is entirely theoretical. It doesn’t get more hallucinatory than that.
guruilla

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed May 15, 2013 12:51 pm

^^That was a completely fantastic piece of writing, thank you. Great compliment for the book Dark White.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby elfismiles » Wed May 15, 2013 2:21 pm

I believe we've covered some of Carol and Emma's charges against Budd and David here:

How Broken Ufology
by elfismiles » 18 Jan 2011 22:20
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30917

And yeah, as Wombaticus suggests, DARK WHITE is awesome and still relevant / important.

guruilla wrote:I will get to the Mercury thing tomorrow. Meanwhile this is worth a look, from Carol Rainey, Budd Hopkin's wife, in 2011: http://rr0.org/time/2/0/1/1/01/15/Raine ... index.html

Excerpt:

Wafted about for 180 hours on waves of alien/hybrid/sci-fi imagery, bits of memories and dreams, all mixed in with shivery slivers of Jacobs’ pre-hypnosis suggestive anecdotes, the trusting and vulnerable patient delivered up to Jacobs his hoped-for narrative of predatory hybrids among us— exactly what he ordered for the book he was writing. However, it’s anything but a typical abductee’s experience: violent sexual encounters with a human/alien hybrid; a request by the good Doctor (Ph.D. in history, non-medical) to send him her panties, unwashed, so they could be tested for alien sperm; and a proposal that she wear a chastity belt with nails across the vaginal opening, which he’d locate for her from (in Jacobs words) “a sex shop that specialized in bondage/dominance, a place that I frequented quite often.” 1

In later sessions, Jacobs, hyperventilating, can be heard telling Emma that he’s in terrible trouble—that an outraged hybrid (who knows that Jacobs is the only person on the planet, other than Hopkins, who knows the evil fate that aliens are planning for humanity)—that this hybrid is sending him threatening Instant Messages on his AOL account to make him cease and desist his work with the abductee Emma Woods. Jacobs is “the man who knows too much.”

Personal IMs from a bloodthirsty hybrid who is entirely theoretical. It doesn’t get more hallucinatory than that.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby guruilla » Wed May 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Simulist wrote:As I was thinking about those mixed feelings, my brain suddenly flashed to a quicksilver mine not too far from my elementary school in the South Bay Area, in California where I grew up. And I wondered to myself why on earth I was suddenly thinking about that — I mean, I hadn't thought about that mine in years! Then I remembered hearing about all the problems with mercury contaminating the drinking water we had been told about by the tour guide when we'd visited that quicksilver mine during our fifth grade field trip. We were told that, back during the Gold Rush, water wasn't as easy to come by for average people as it is today. So... Hmm.

Don't know if you were aware but I've been learning about gold-prospecting lately, and of course Jason and gold sort of go together, mythologically speaking. (I also noticed that HoL posted about the Argo at his blog last month). As you may or may not know, Mercury (like the fleece) can be used to gather gold, because it naturally picks it up.

And then there's the massive disinfo program (probably Co$-backed) linking mercury to au-tism (au = gold), and while this may be largely BS in any literal sense, symbolically it is on point, because Mercury is the planet of intelligence, communication, and technology, and autists are quite Mercurial. The higher octave of Mercury is Uranus, planet which rules all things ALIEN.

Simulist wrote:What would someone do if s/he were desperately thirsty, and all s/he could find was even lightly-contaminated water to drink?

You mean like unknowncountry dot com? :doh: (More than lightly contaminated, I'd say, and note how Whitley likes to stress that this is THE ONLY PLACE where you can get this kind of information, folks!!)

Simulist wrote:And that question brought me back to Whitley Strieber

All chem trails lead to Whitley.

Simulist wrote: who has both made the existence of the "well" (apparently non-human communication and MK-ULTRA experimentation) more widely-known — but who has also sort of poisoned it, in some respects (and however unintentionally).

The abused become abusive, the poisoned poison. It's massively hard not to pass on the trauma - and most tragically of all, the dis-ease gets spread under the guise of offering a cure.

It's sobering to listen to Strieber in 1987 (here) and compare it to his more current brand of histrionics.

Simulist wrote:So I continually find myself ambivalent about Whitley Strieber: on the one hand I do identify, obviously, with many of the experiences he has recounted; at the same time, you yourself have said it best in Prisoner of Infinity, Chapter Two: he also inspires a mix of "bewilderment, exasperation, and frustration."

And eventually, heartache and despair. All part and parcel of the detox process!
guruilla

Postby Simulist » Wed May 15, 2013 6:26 pm

guruilla wrote:
Simulist wrote:What would someone do if s/he were desperately thirsty, and all s/he could find was even lightly-contaminated water to drink?

You mean like unknowncountry dot com? :doh: (More than lightly contaminated, I'd say, and note how Whitley likes to stress that this is THE ONLY PLACE where you can get this kind of information, folks!!)

Yeah. Exactly like unknowncountry dot com.

guruilla wrote:It's sobering to listen to Strieber in 1987 (here) and compare it to his more current brand of histrionics.

Not only is it sobering, but it has also seemed positively tragic to many of us who were drawn to Whitley Strieber in 1987 precisely because, in those days, he seemed very earnest, questioning, and even skeptical about his own experiences. And these traits, coupled with his formidable intellect and wide-ranging knowledge, caused his impressions about what might have happened to him to become "must read" analyses for numerous others, like me, who were still searching for one or more helpful frameworks within which we might intelligently begin to examine our own histories of anomalous experiences.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby guruilla » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:39 am

guruilla

Postby justdrew » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:53 am

could anyone give me a clue where I could access the hypno session tapes?

I am now very curious about his early years in London

I could see in that era foreigners who fly into Britain that seem of interest but unknown providence being termed"UFOs" by the local intelligence services. He could have gotten their attention because he was himself one of the "rich kids" being recruited to go to Mexico with the PC &etc... So they found a clever way of warning him off perhaps.

another UFO who was in London around the same time...
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:58 am

elfismiles] wrote:I believe we've covered some of Carol and Emma's charges against Budd and David here:

How Broken Ufology
by elfismiles » 18 Jan 2011 22:20
http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/ ... =8&t=30917

And yeah, as Wombaticus suggests, DARK WHITE is awesome and still relevant / important.

As in awesome disinfo or what?

Its been a while since I reread it but I seem to remember coming to the conclusion it was sus.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:09 pm

Conclusions are where most books fall apart. Like Blum's Out There, however, it's not the conclusions or opinions of the author that make it valuable -- it's the original research containing in the book that exists nowhere else in, uh, "UFOlogy." Schnabel's Dark White makes the very dubious, aka barely empirically tenable, conclusion that Hopkins and Jacobs essentially created the entire phenomenon. Along the way, he was the first to expose and map the completely disgusting and egregious abuses of power being perpetrated by those two "researchers."

Schnabel is the same cat who seriously advanced the thesis that two guys with sticks are responsible for all crop circles, although his book on Remote Viewers was considerably more even-handed.

I recently read a scathingly hateful book called "Against Therapy" that was nothing but cover-to-cover character assassination, but it was also quite illuminating for that same reason. Any treatment of Jung that reduces the man to his relationship with the Third Reich is of course subjective, but that doesn't mean it's worthless, either.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:16 pm

http://crucialfictions.com/wp-content/u ... nity-7.pdf

I though this was one of the best installments yet, and interestingly, the first section is one of the most explicity personal passages. The Process / hypnosis material was the meat that will stick with me.

Has WS contacted you yet?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby justdrew » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:38 pm

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion