Is there a calculated, cross-country plot to kill young men?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Is there a calculated, cross-country plot to kill young men?

Postby jingofever » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:50 pm

HERE WANTS TO KNOW

Anybody ever seen one of these?:

jingofever

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jeff » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:56 pm

Gannon and Duarte are now confident they've discovered a nationwide criminal enterprise.

Thanks for posting this.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Jeff » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:00 pm

A blog devoted to the theory:

Footprints at the River's Edge
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby jingofever » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:32 pm

Another website, but with a poor design. Turns out I went to the same school as one of the purported victims, who is now used as a scare story for freshman. Not that you might get drunk and be murdered but that you might get drunk and accidently walk into the river and drown. Because of the way the campus is setup there is no good reason to go near the river unless you want to do some late night jogging or fishing or go to the surrounding hills, which I used to do, but I crossed over using a bridge, I did not attempt to ford the river. And just because the local police found no evidence of foul play do not believe that is conclusive. There are a couple of "unsolved" murder cases they are sitting on. They know who is responsible, they just can't prove it. That is to say, these guys are not CSI. But who knows, maybe he did walk out into the river and pass out.

A couple more websites dealing with this mystery. I'm not sure any new information is contained in them but it is interesting to see that a number of people have noticed an anomaly.
jingofever

Postby Brighid_Moon » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:53 pm

I noted a kind of similarity to a previous similar article/thread. Doubt they have anything in common except the manner of disappearance, but I thought I'd point out the obvious.

ps: Doh! Stupid edits!
Brighid_Moon

Postby elfismiles » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Brighid_Moon wrote:I noted a kind of similarity to a previous similar article/thread. Doubt they have anything in common except the manner of disappearance, but I thought I'd point out the obvious.

Brighid, I was thinking the same thing ... only I can't find the DIFFERENT thread I was thinking of ... it involved speculation that the recent murder of College WOMEN was a possible PsyOp.

I did a search of the forum but haven't found the one I'm thinking of yet.

Anybody recall which one / where it might be?

smiles

edit/add = found it ...

Psy-Op on college campuses?
http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board/v ... hp?t=16541
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:16 pm

I am probably well off the the track here, but this reminds me of the Zebra Killings for some reason. Athletic, academically gifted, well-liked young people - the flower of their generation, in symbolic terms at least - appear to be getting picked off in a not-quite nationwide murder campaign.

A noticeable factor, to me anyway, is that every single victim is white as well as male (though in the areas the victims came from I suppose that is not altogether statistically unlikely).

But, for no reason other than intuition and the Sinsinawa graffiti that was found at one of the sites (and the later finding of a body at Sinsinawa avenue) I'm thinking not of a Black Supremacist group (or, for once, of agents of the US Secret State) but a more organised Native American equivalent of the Zebra Death Angels.

Pure speculation here, I stress. A hunch. God knows, historically, the Native Americans have motive - though there is of course no excuse for the murder of these young men, and zero real evidence that Native Americans are involved (stressing that again).

Sinsinawa has history, though. During the Black Hawk war (which Lincoln fought, or marched, in) it was the scene of a small but pivotal raid by the Indians that nearly made the entire population of Plattesville up and leave out of terror. Only two white men killed - but a whole community so scared that the whites were ready to up and leave for good. If I were the leader of a serial-killing supremacist group, this would be the kind of incident I would take as an inspiration and a model.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinsinawa_Mound_raid

Sinsinawa mound is now home to a large University, as well as a convent for a group of very noisily anti-War Dominican Nuns.

The main (though certainly not the only) problem with my hunch is that if this was being done by small interconnected groups from the Native American reservations in order to terrify the local white communities, they wouldn't be so careful in covering it up, and they'd be a lot more vocal in claiming responsibility and stating their aims.

Unless the killings fulfill some other function. Ritualistic. Or "slowing the herd" by taking out it's apparent front runners.

The fact that the murders seem to go back as far as '97 without anyone saying "That was us, and this is why" also goes against my idea.

These are just thoughts that came to my mind, and I don't mean to offend anybody, or suggest that it can't be another group responsible (it most likely is). Just thought I'd mention it.

Those smiley faces creep me out. Didn't they used to be printed on Ecstasy tablets sometimes back in the day? They also look like forum emoticons, but I don't want to even consider that!
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby nomo » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:17 am

Um. So 40 something men have been found dead in a river. The vast majority were last seen blind drunk at a frat party. You can throw in the oddball out who probably did get murdered, but overall this doesn't sound like a vast murder conspiracy to me. In Amsterdam a lot of sots stumble into the canals, I hear.

That smiley face is creepy though. But I'd like to see the picture evidence for that.
nomo

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:56 am

You can barely walk fifty yards in Amsterdam without falling into either a canal or a bar.

And the canals never throw you out, that's the trouble.

But in this case I'd say the distances are a lot bigger, and there is evidence of something more.

I just wish the main detectives' name wasn't Gannon, but that's not his fault.
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby justdrew » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:15 am

how could these detectives possibly figure out where the bodies went in the river? seems to me these two detectives would be prime suspects.
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

detective work

Postby marmot » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:59 am

justdrew wrote:how could these detectives possibly figure out where the bodies went in the river? seems to me these two detectives would be prime suspects.

I'm thinking in the midwest and elsewhere where many of the bodies were found how the river edge's aren't completely accessible. A lot of brambly woods and such. So you search up stream for possible entry points, easy accesses, use a little deduction, and look for evidences--like smiley faces.

No, justdrew, it seems implausible to me for these detectives to be suspects.
marmot

Postby justdrew » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:55 pm

from the footprints at the rivers edge blog...
01/08/06: A Very Close Call, La Crosse, WI
Around 7 a.m., a 21-year-old student "walked into Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center sodden and caked with mud, wearing no coat and no shoes." He told hospital staff that he had fallen in to the river "but didn’t know where or how it happened."
=== ===
ok, so maybe it is rather unlikely that the detectives are suspects, it does seem like a too perfect plot twist ending.
===

I'm gonna guess that this will wind-up being used to justify a large CCD camera roll-out.

and in the realm of speculation, a female might have motive to get back at these sorts of males, seeing them all as the same sort that attacked her years previously. "hey, want a ride..."
===
but still 40 since '97 - around 4 per year. this doesn't seem like too many accidental drunk drownings for the entire 'great lakes region' - the only thing (other than the two detectives) that ties them together being this smiley face drawn where the detectives assume the body entered the water. so they're going up river and finding a spot matching river current flow rates and assumed average speed and looking for a spot with easy access? someone might just be tagging spots with easy river access then?

aren't there some "find images like this" experimental sites out there that you can upload a picture to and it'll find other pictures of the same person/thing?
here's one: http://labs.systemone.at/retrievr/
but it's not finding anything based on the smiley face icon
===
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Glad to see Some Recent Attention

Postby snowlion » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:18 pm

I know Josh's family get renewed hope every time there's some coverage. I wrote a piece for the local paper about 4 years ago, two year's after Josh's "disappearance".

Here's the family website, with some interesting commentary on the message board:

http://www.findjoshua.com
snowlion

Postby Fresno_Layshaft » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:03 pm

nomo wrote:Um. So 40 something men have been found dead in a river. The vast majority were last seen blind drunk at a frat party. You can throw in the oddball out who probably did get murdered, but overall this doesn't sound like a vast murder conspiracy to me. In Amsterdam a lot of sots stumble into the canals, I hear.

That smiley face is creepy though. But I'd like to see the picture evidence for that.

I agree the evidence is pretty thin for a massive murder syndicate killing drunken frat boys. The smiley face is probably among the most common graffiti doodles and there are probably dozens of them in every city- and add to that that they all looked quite different. I need to see more links before I believe this one.
Fresno_Layshaft

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:20 pm

Long time no see, snowlion. Good to see you back.
chiggerbit

Next

Return to General Discussion